IGNORED

This turned up on clubs Youtube channel

Fiale

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Evidently.

Ivor was making a complaint about these things, I'm asking what the complaint actually is.

He complained about transport issues, which are not something the club or BS can just go and plough ahead with.

Read my earlier answer to this

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Read my earlier answer to this

Several words:

That says nothing.

The club can't magically make more busses happen, there has to be agreement with various parties.

The club can't magically make a train station appear right outside the ground, there needs to be the approval of other parties (notice a theme here?). The club have made an effort in both of these areas too. There have been efforts to reopen Ashton Gate Halt but the council decided against it less than a year ago. There were proposals for a park and ride thingy, but the council wouldn't agree to that either. 

Must all be BS's fault though cause Brighton got something sorted.

16 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

One word: Amex

Irrelevant really because Brighton have a site for their stadium that isn't in a residential area (unlike us). That gives them, and the council, far more scope to get the infrastructure right. That's one major drawback of us staying at AG.

Thing is, i'm sure you're well aware of this so I don't know why you keep banging on.

48 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Irrelevant really because Brighton have a site for their stadium that isn't in a residential area (unlike us). That gives them, and the council, far more scope to get the infrastructure right. That's one major drawback of us staying at AG.

Thing is, i'm sure you're well aware of this so I don't know why you keep banging on.

Answers re transport links

1 Water. Restore the old Tramway Centre to Cumberland Basin service.  Wearing their community hat this could be a start up project for a new local business.  It would also be green, something I understand Bristol is keen on.

2. Car parking. Absolutely the club's area of responsibility. More car parking in 50s!

If extra space is being purchased sensible to use at least some of it for parking.

3. Buses. Negotiate a better service for match days (not in sport but I have negotiated something similar - not rocket science). Could be a park and ride open all the time but enhanced on match days.  If The Board had wider local representation (ie from The Council), as I have argued elsewhere, then there would be a better relationship with the Council

4. Trains.  You don't need a new station as Brighton have, but reopening the existing and making safe walkway to ground and free transport for disabled. It needs good negotiation with a number of partners.

5. Practically, hold an open meeting at the ground on transport with all interested parties, including fans, present in order to draw up a clear strategy

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Answers re transport links

1 Water. Restore the old Tramway Centre to Cumberland Basin service.  Wearing their community hat this could be a start up project for a new local business.  It would also be green, something I understand Bristol is keen on.

There are already ferry services doing that route and there clearly isn't enough support for this to make a major impact....you may as well suggest everyone cycles in. People still have to get to the centre, get a ferry, then walk to the ground......great in the summer when there's no football

2. Car parking. Absolutely the club's area of responsibility. More car parking in 50s!

How can you possibly compare parking/car use now to the 50's. The club have communicated extensively with BCC about the use of the half empty park and ride at AV but they are not interested.

If extra space is being purchased sensible to use at least some of it for parking.

The mantra from BCC is reducing car use, not creating more scope to use a car

3. Buses. Negotiate a better service for match days (not in sport but I have negotiated something similar - not rocket science). Could be a park and ride open all the time but enhanced on match days.  If The Board had wider local representation (ie from The Council), as I have argued elsewhere, then there would be a better relationship with the Council

The club lay on various routes for football and rugby on match days, other than increasing this, I am not sure what more the club can do

4. Trains.  You don't need a new station as Brighton have, but reopening the existing and making safe walkway to ground and free transport for disabled. It needs good negotiation with a number of partners.

Pretty much impossible to re-open the old Ashton Gate halt now due to the Metro bus works. The club have put forward alternative plans/business case for a station nearby but decisions on this will be with BCC/Network Rail

5. Practically, hold an open meeting at the ground on transport with all interested parties, including fans, present in order to draw up a clear strategy

If only life were that simple, hey.

On 21/02/2017 at 02:29, RumRed said:

Sadly I did actually design a 'stoatabike', was a long afternoon at work.  I also have a stoat tattoo, I guess this is what a poor mans midlife crisis looks like, or I just want to be in Monty Python/The Goodies/Mighty Boosh/Round the Horne...

Would a Stoatabike be something like Mickey's Monkey Spunk Moped from Viz many years ago? 

Archived