IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

8 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I don't disagree however that is not how football works nowadays. To almost all of the players in any professional league football club its  their job and they rarely support the team they play for therefore if they have an agenda in their workplace that may involve letting down the fans then so be it.

I am firmly in the camp that LJ has 'lost' the dressing room, his own comments on Wednesday support that, and they want him gone. The players hold all the aces now.

Ultimately, if that does not happen and he is still hear in July a lot of the current squad won't be, regardless of the league we are in.

I don't think he ever truly had it. I recall some rather guarded remarks from Aden Flint back in the early days which suggested they were gutted with Cotts going and now 'had a new manager to, proverbially, kick on'. It sounded like the most underwhelming endorsement of a new manager I have ever heard.

There has been much talk of him falling out with players and dropping them entirely from the squad like our best defender from Iceland. 

None of the above matters that much to Steve L because he desperately wants the 'project' to work and to be proven right and even now he seems to be clinging on in the extremely vain hope that it will. 

The end is near though of that I have absolutely no doubt. The 'project' will continue under another more capable custodian. Of course, the question remains whether the 'project' itself is fundamentally flawed. There might be a cumulative level of ineptitude or lack of knowledge going on that has glazed the eyes of the owner with hyperbole positives. Should that be the case its Ashton to be removed as well but I doubt much it will go that far unless a sublime candidate comes along and demands it.

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Watched the whole interview. Worth it if you can catch it.

I really got the impression, surprisingly, that the social media interactions he gets are affecting him. He really seemed bothered by it, citing being called names etc making him question whether it's worth it..

Agreed he did look even more uncomfortable than usual in front of the cameras. But given the situation of 15 defeats in our last 21 league games and 9 points out of a possible 63, but then still coming out and backing the manager, that's hardly surprising.

Look the personal abuse is completely out of order. However questioning motives and competence throughout the club and Bristol Sport cannot be off limits when we are trying to understand our current situation and its context. If SL doesn't like that,  so be it but he has to accept that football like most spectator sports is a game of opinions, not all of which you will agree with or like. And as it stands SL finds himself in a very small minority right now with his continued backing of LJ.

And as I have said before, and others have also alluded to, going back to League 1 with LJ in charge or getting rid of him so late on that nobody else taking over can hope to turn things round, will seriously erode fans belief in and support of SL. That's only natural I'm afraid.

12 hours ago, GJS said:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. 

So you are saying 90% of people on this forum want him out. I don't know how many people that would be? 

I actually know quite a few people who don't want to see him go. Many of them are real fans.

Does anyone know how many post on here? I completely agree 90% want him gone. Most are very negative.

Are you one of the 'blonde nordics'-or maybe even a 'grey'....???

Archived