IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

14 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Don't worry Woodsy. I've put a bet on City to win. They will lose now. It's all good.

Peg's post of the day! Take a bow TM!

:clapping::clap::worship2:

Love that SL has fingers in ears too. 

I might have a fiver on us tomorrow, did someone say 7/1 earlier? That's too big in a two horse race, even for us!

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

''I believe in what we're doing''

''Lee is a bright young coach''

''he develops players''

''good recruitment''

''club is being structured in the way we want it to''

''we're seeing all of that''

That's funny, because i thought our form from October read LLLWLLLLLLLLLWDLL

Seems I was wrong because that can't happen to a club with an owners backing, a bright young coach, a good squad and good recruitment.

A bloody new light bulb is young and bright at some point, then it breaks!

Just watched this, johnsons going nowhere, quiet simply lansdown thinks he can turn it around or is the best person to do so.

we're stuck with this clown for the next two games minimum as he will class Newcastle as already lost 

hate to say it but a lucky 1-1 draw will cement his position whereas a total battering might be the solution,the lesser evil the greater good

Johnson out

2 hours ago, Super said:

Absolutely agree, this interview means nothing.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

The official video is the definition of delusional. Anyone who thinks it's just holding statements will be sadly disappointed. Seems convinced LJ is the man, it's the structure he wants at the club, and expects the results to come. Has a pop at supporters instead. Easy to say when you fly a private jet to games.

Two diverging views there.

Olé, .. the structure of the club could quite easily fit a man like Rowett. 

I've said it before, I don't think SL understands the game of football, by which I mean tactics, organisation and game plan, not the running of a club in general. 

He genuinely seems to think we are hard done by and there are positives none of us can see. As a team we are dysfunctional and much less than the sum of our parts. We have a coach who - let's face it - talks ******* nonsense 90% of the time. 

However much money SL has, he's incompetent when it comes to making the right management decisions and acting when we are severely under performing. He doesn't understand WHY we're in this position. 

He's too emotionally involved to make a dispassionate decision for the good of the club. 

For me, LJ is an awful coach and has delusions of grandeur. He'll never make it imo. 

32 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I didn't hear Lansdown blame the fans, he simply said he didn't think it helped or it was a good thing to protest during the game.

And, as much as I want Johnson out, I agree with Steve on that.

I have never booed a player or a manager during a game, and never will.

But if Johnson is still in charge for the Norwich game though lads, give it to him full barrel AFTER the game.

I was there in 1982 and if ever a manager deserved support, it was Terry Cooper, the man is a legend.

But.

Sticking with a manager is admirable if there is a realistic possibility that the manager could deliver. Or maybe if it is recognized that the board has been at least as culpable for the poor results. But Johnson has been given everything he could possibly want and more, and the lack of his ability to manage this level of football team is glaringly obvious.

Backing him is just foolhardy.

I've never booed either, but I'm not going criticise others from doing so if that's the way they feel.  It was an abject performance.  There wasn't much booing of the players, more '`Johnson out " stuff.

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I've said it before, I don't think SL understands the game of football, by which I mean tactics, organisation and game plan, not the running of a club in general. 

He genuinely seems to think we are hard done by and there are positives none of us can see. As a team we are dysfunctional and much less than the sum of our parts. We have a coach who - let's face it - talks ******* nonsense 90% of the time. 

However much money SL has, he's incompetent when it comes to making the right management decisions and acting when we are severely under performing. He doesn't understand WHY we're in this position. 

He's too emotionally involved to make a dispassionate decision for the good of the club. 

For me, LJ is an awful coach and has delusions of grandeur. He'll never make it imo. 

Even players approaching him didn't sound the alarm bells... nothing we can do apart from look on a the car crash which is happening in front of our eyes.

I have heard today from someone who knows someone who works at City that SL had a meeting with LJ yesterday and LJ said he was confident he could steer us clear of relegation. SL wasn't as confident and told LJ his position as manager was untenable. He has offered LJ the position of U23 manager and therefore isn't firing him. 

Apparently, there is a bit of a stand off as both parties assess the situation. But the employee at AG told my reliable source that SL used the word untenable in regards to LJ being the first team coach.

I am sorry if this news/rumour has been repeated elsewhere. I never make things up on here. I was told this happened yesterday by a reliable source. If this does not come to pass it doesn't mean it never happened!

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I have heard today from someone who knows someone who works at City that SL had a meeting with LJ yesterday and LJ said he was confident he could steer us clear of relegation. SL wasn't as confident and told LJ his position as manager was untenable. He has offered LJ the position of U23 manager and therefore isn't firing him. 

Apparently, there is a bit of a stand off as both parties assess the situation. But the employee at AG told my reliable source that SL used the word untenable in regards to LJ being the first team coach.

I am sorry if this news/rumour has been repeated elsewhere. I never make things up on here. I was told this happened yesterday by a reliable source. If this does not come to pass it doesn't mean it never happened!

Standoff? Who's the ******* boss? 

5 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Interesting rumour.  Not sure I believe it, but not shooting the messenger either.....imho no-one would ever accept that offer.  But stranger things have happened at City.

Imsgine the reaction of Engvall, Moore etc if he accepted!

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I heard this yesterday... but this interview surely was not needed. Especailly to stir fans as it has.

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

If (allegedly) by SLs own admission he is not confident that we can avoid relegation and Johnson's position is untenable he should fire him immediately.  The statement from SL today did not need to be made and tells me that the above is BS. 

31 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I didn't hear Lansdown blame the fans, he simply said he didn't think it helped or it was a good thing to protest during the game.

And, as much as I want Johnson out, I agree with Steve on that.

I have never booed a player or a manager during a game, and never will.

But if Johnson is still in charge for the Norwich game though lads, give it to him full barrel AFTER the game.

I was there in 1982 and if ever a manager deserved support, it was Terry Cooper, the man is a legend.

But.

Sticking with a manager is admirable if there is a realistic possibility that the manager could deliver. Or maybe if it is recognized that the board has been at least as culpable for the poor results. But Johnson has been given everything he could possibly want and more, and the lack of his ability to manage this level of football team is glaringly obvious.

Backing him is just foolhardy.

Maybe it is foolhardy. NJ...perhaps they are looking at alternatives. I've heard they did back in January. It's all if's and but's...finding the right man is essential. No point rushing into it. We don't know who would come here, work with the board and SL, agree to their terms etc,etc.

Whilst we might not agree with what's happening, everything is easier said than done.

We have no idea what's really going on behind closed doors.

Agree about Terry Cooper :-)

I know I've mentioned it before, but that season under Benny, we were getting dicked every week...but the supporters really got behind him. He was a coach, not a manager...I see that in LJ and SoD tbh...you need to be motivational as well as a tactician. Unless LJ completely changes character when training and in the dressing room, then I'd find it hard to get motivated under his demeanor. All very well having a clear head and a plan in place, but you also need the grit and determination to carry it out as well. Our lot look like they are going for a sunday stroll on the beach. Flints a huge bloke...but what a pussy. When does he ever get in anyone's face....you see it all over the team. Not everyone...but the majority.

The millennial generation...used to getting everything now, at a click of a button...often they don't realise you need hard graft to achieve things as well. Perhaps they are all too comfortable and happy with their lot.

Pay me £10,000 a week, to play football for two hours a day, then go play 90 mins and bust a gut...at under 25...I know how differently I thought then. Hindsight and experience in life is a wonderful thing.

Possible scenario:

Behind the scene talks done already.

Johnson asks players to give their all against NUFC and it will be his last game.

Johnson already agreed with SL that he will resign after the match with some sort of severance package agreed.

SL comes out and does an interview, backs Johnson and states we are not in the business of sacking managers knowing he wont have to sack him.

Lee resigns which looks better that having "sacked" on his CV. SL saves face after appointing LJ, agreeing contract extension.

SL then looks to appoint Manager to keep us up.

Everybody happy.

1 minute ago, Marty said:

Possible scenario:

Behind the scene talks done already.

Johnson asks players to give their all against NUFC and it will be his last game.

Johnson already agreed with SL that he will resign after the match with some sort of severance package agreed.

SL comes out and does an interview, backs Johnson and states we are not in the business of sacking managers knowing he wont have to sack him.

Lee resigns which looks better that having "sacked" on his CV. SL saves face after appointing LJ, agreeing contract extension.

SL then looks to appoint Manager to keep us up.

Everybody happy.

I wouldn't say happy is the word even in that scenario.

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

If (allegedly) by SLs own admission he is not confined that we can avoid relegationsand Johnson's position is untenable he should fire him immediately.  The statement from SL today did not need to be made and tells me that the above is BS. 

I'm hoping because Newcastle literaly has been written off, that the new man is being organised in the mean time & comes in for a winnable game v Villa :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Standoff? Who's the ******* boss? 

Yes, but SL is trying tactics to save a bit of dosh and if that involves giving LJ the weekend to think about accepting a lower payout and then being free to look for other manager jobs or accepting the very highly paid, but rather demeaning for him, role of Under 23 manager for the remainder of his extended contract then it is a very good and businesslike move on SL's part.

39 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I'm coming round to the idea that Lansdown means being financially stable, which means the club will always be here and healthy, but always just a div 3 club that sometimes punches slightly above its weight. 

I've have no problem with Lansdown, just the fact that given his superior resources, the last 10 years have been a footballing failure. 

Anyone else happy to live in this purgatory, safe in the knowledge that we will always have our club and shiny stadium that I cant stand up and swear in?

I agree which is what I tried to say in the thread I started yesterday.  For all the money lansdown has "invested".  We are not a stable championship club.

The Bristol City fans have not even had 1 season in prem.  

Why could Watford,Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke, west brom do it?

For the money he has thrown at it, what a poor return? 

Too much money - no sense running the toy.

why also does he go for "bargain basement managers?" Can spend millions  on players but let muppets manage- he wants "yes"'men in charge' is my conclusion.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I've never booed either, but I'm not going criticise others from doing so if that's the way they feel.  It was an abject performance.  There wasn't much booing of the players, more '`Johnson out " stuff.

I agree, in fact I don't think there was any booing of the players, which tells you everything about where the fans feel the blame lies.

It was vey noticeable that after the game a handful of players made a point of walking to the corners of the ground to applaud where the boos had mainly come from.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Maybe it is foolhardy. NJ...perhaps they are looking at alternatives. I've heard they did back in January. It's all if's and but's...finding the right man is essential. No point rushing into it. We don't know who would come here, work with the board and SL, agree to their terms etc,etc.

Whilst we might not agree with what's happening, everything is easier said than done.

We have no idea what's really going on behind closed doors.

Agree about Terry Cooper :-)

I know I've mentioned it before, but that season under Benny, we were getting dicked every week...but the supporters really got behind him. He was a coach, not a manager...I see that in LJ and SoD tbh...you need to be motivational as well as a tactician. Unless LJ completely changes character when training and in the dressing room, then I'd find it hard to get motivated under his demeanor. All very well having a clear head and a plan in place, but you also need the grit and determination to carry it out as well. Our lot look like they are going for a sunday stroll on the beach. Flints a huge bloke...but what a pussy. When does he ever get in anyone's face....you see it all over the team. Not everyone...but the majority.

The millennial generation...used to getting everything now, at a click of a button...often they don't realise you need hard graft to achieve things as well. Perhaps they are all too comfortable and happy with their lot.

Pay me £10,000 a week, to play football for two hours a day, then go play 90 mins and bust a gut...at under 25...I know how differently I thought then. Hindsight and experience in life is a wonderful thing.

"Unless LJ completely changes character when training and in the dressing room, then I'd find it hard to get motivated under his demeanor."

This is precisely the reason why I said right from the start Johnson is not a manager.

Not a personal dig at you spudski, but  I don't get why it has taken so long for so many others to work that out, it was just obvious to me, but more importantly how the **** does Lansdown not grasp this.

As for changing the manager when we have someone to replace him with, its a valid point but nevertheless not a reason not to get rid of Johnson. If necessary, Pemberton has the respect of the players IMO and him until the end of the season would do a job, a far better one than we are getting at he moment.

We can only hope that Lansdown is waiting for us to be in the bottom 3, as we surely will be after tomorrow, as he has with all other sacked managers with the exception of Gary Johnson.

Archived