IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

If LJ stays and relegation comes then SL, in all decency, must question his own position and his BS structure.

Note carefully the total absence of any reference to the Chair or the Board.

This is becoming less than an embarrassment and more of a total car crash for my beloved City.

A quite appalling piece of pr.  Will this man take no advice on anything? The ego is in reality a superego.

In despair .........

8 minutes ago, Fishponds_Red said:

Really?  You want us to lose? :facepalm:

Personally I would like 3 points at Newcastle on Saturday, another 3 at Villa on Tuesday night and then another 3 next Saturday at home. 

So would I, hell I would love three points every game. Its not gonna happen though, is it?

LJ has to go, the sooner the better if we are to have any chance to survive. If that means we need to take a hammering to help facilitate that, then so be it. I really believe that SL will back LJ til the end of the season and even into next season irrespective of staying up or not. Maybe a proper thumping will get SL seeing what the rest of us see. 

The official video is the definition of delusional. Anyone who thinks it's just holding statements will be sadly disappointed. Seems convinced LJ is the man, it's the structure he wants at the club, and expects the results to come. Has a pop at supporters instead. Easy to say when you fly a private jet to games.

Haven't missed a league game home or away since November and I've had a gut-full. Imagining a City without SL was always taboo for me, we could be far far worse off, but interviews like this do make me wonder, I feel totally alienated by him and the club - we've held up our part of the bargain, gone to matches, supported the team. It isn't working and it hasn't been working for months, and the owner thinks we should carry on paying and travelling for this mess. He has not got a clue.

43 minutes ago, lancsred said:

I've spoken to my mate at Preston this morning (literally after I saw the video) and I've said to him our Owner is apparently backing the manager according to some piece for local TV. 

He just laughed and said Neil, "I've told you already, he's gone"

"I doubt your gaffer will give another interview at the club, but you will see on Monday morning he has stepped down, stop worrying about Lee Johnson, he's history at Bristol City".

"Leicester sacked Ranieri after the Sevilla game but in the days leading up to it, he went from 11/10 to 1/8 to get the boot, sometimes compensation and that takes time"

"By Monday lunchtime Lee Johnson will not be under employment at your club"

Thank god for this post Lancsred; I hope your mate is correct. I’m keeping this post in mind until Monday. I may have to come back now and then and re-read it just to prevent me from smashing up my living room.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

The official video is the definition of delusional. Anyone who thinks it's just holding statements will be sadly disappointed. Seems convinced LJ is the man, it's the structure he wants at the club, and expects the results to come. Has a pop at supporters instead. Easy to say when you fly a private jet to games.

Haven't missed a league game home or away since November and I've had a gut-full. Imagining a City without SL was always taboo for me, we could be far far worse off, but interviews like this do make me wonder, I feel totally alienated by him and the club - we've held up our part of the bargain, gone to matches, supported the team. It isn't working and it hasn't been working for months, and the owner thinks we should carry on paying and travelling for this mess. He has not got a clue.

Steve's clients' at Hargreaves Lansdown wouldn't have allowed him to maintain share portfolios and financial products if they were tanking on the open market. They'd soon find another investment adviser.

Why is he applying different rules to his football club?

Wow! Poor questions by the media team but lansdown has skirted round them by chucking in loads of corporate bollocks and then basically blamed the fans for being negative. Can you ******* blame us being negative? We've watched some absolute dogshit for the past 3 months! 

From that video, lansdown is accepting relegation and Johnson will be our manager now and next season in league 1. 

1 minute ago, Red white and red said:

Wow! Poor questions by the media team but lansdown has skirted round them by chucking in loads of corporate bollocks and then basically blamed the fans for being negative. Can you ******* blame us being negative? We've watched some absolute dogshit for the past 3 months! 

From that video, lansdown is accepting relegation and Johnson will be our manager now and next season in league 1. 

He won't be happy with when he sees next seasons season ticket sales then.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just think he isn't going to come out and say he;s about to be sacked.  It's a positioned interview....I bet he'd rather not have gone in front of the camera.

He isn't stupid.

I do like the comment from poster above about being in the relegation positions might trigger contract clauses?

I didn't see anyone with a gun to his head. He could have cancelled it.

Oh go on then, I'll say the unsayable. 

Don't shoot me, take it for what it is, I'm desperately searching for an explanation and turning over every stone, however ugly:

SL has a level of influence and access with LJ that he does not want to surrender.  

Discuss.

3 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

So would I, hell I would love three points every game. Its not gonna happen though, is it?

LJ has to go, the sooner the better if we are to have any chance to survive. If that means we need to take a hammering to help facilitate that, then so be it. I really believe that SL will back LJ til the end of the season and even into no season irrespective of staying up or not. Maybe a proper thumping will get SL seeing what the rest of us see. 

Probably not, but I would support LJ if it did.

Can't see SL backing LJ to the end of the season personally, not with the money he's spent and Championship status at risk.  I would imagine he's given LJ long enough now to see results improve, Tuesday night would have been the straw that broke the camels back.  He and MA are more than likely speaking to possible replacements to LJ as we speak, with the view to have him/ them in before the Burton game.

A public backing means absolutely nothing.

If the reactions from the stands continues to be toxic towards LJ, there must come a time where SL must act to take LJ out of the firing line (especially with their relationship).

Will be interesting to see what happens if there's another poor performance tomorrow especially if SL will be at the match to hear for himself. 

Of course the away fans seem to have been more supportive of LJ until recently so would take the away support to turn to heap the pressure on. If they do, I can't see LJ surviving despite what he may have said today.

12 minutes ago, Olé said:

Totally agree. No more league 1 season tickets for me. I'm even more angry now!

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

If we get relegated under Johnson, and he is still there come August, I wont be. Vote with your feet is the only way to get a response from an owner. I am fuming that he is blaming the fans. 3 league wins since 22nd October and its March next week. 

Whatever stat you throw at Johnson it just comes across as bloody awful....I have yet to see anyone come up with one that gives you even a glimmer of hope he can turn this round...,because there simply isn't one!! How many changes to the team tomorrow? How many half time substitutions will he make? The same mistakes being repeated week after week and he's still here!! Basket case of a club? You bet we are!!!

Archived