IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

Personally think it this is different to the interview he did on points west a couple of weeks ago (after the forest game I think) when is totally came out and back him and said the majority of fans were behind Johnson, in this one he accepted the fans aren't happy and in context says its base on results and that inevitably stops with the management think he will be gone after we get pumped by Newcastle, my only fear is don't trussed him or Ashton to appoint a decent replacement! 

5 minutes ago, lancsred said:

I've spoken to my mate at Preston this morning (literally after I saw the video) and I've said to him our Owner is apparently backing the manager according to some piece for local TV. 

He just laughed and said Neil, "I've told you already, he's gone"

"I doubt your gaffer will give another interview at the club, but you will see on Monday morning he has stepped down, stop worrying about Lee Johnson, he's history at Bristol City".

"Leicester sacked Ranieri after the Sevilla game but in the days leading up to it, he went from 11/10 to 1/8 to get the boot, sometimes compensation and that takes time"

"By Monday lunchtime Lee Johnson will not be under employment at your club"

How does your mate 'know' all this? Apologies if I've missed in an earlier post. 

4 minutes ago, lancsred said:

I've spoken to my mate at Preston this morning (literally after I saw the video) and I've said to him our Owner is apparently backing the manager according to some piece for local TV. 

He just laughed and said Neil, "I've told you already, he's gone"

"I doubt your gaffer will give another interview at the club, but you will see on Monday morning he has stepped down, stop worrying about Lee Johnson, he's history at Bristol City".

"Leicester sacked Ranieri after the Sevilla game but in the days leading up to it, he went from 11/10 to 1/8 to get the boot, sometimes compensation and that takes time"

"By Monday lunchtime Lee Johnson will not be under employment at your club"

I want to believe this

but fear this

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

But no one is making him give an interview Dave? I don't see it the same way as others who think it's a cover. No cover required, fly to Newcastle and play the match. This looks to me like a "shut up he's not going" message, as it was six weeks ago or whenever it was.

I just cannot understand why he would be given the Newcastle game if he's gone. It makes no sense at all.

When backing Cotterill in December 2015:

"He is the man at the helm to take us forward"

"A manager at this football club gets the full support of me, the board and hopefully the supporters”

"I haven't seen the team go out yet where they haven't given everything for the cause, so while they continue to do that and the manager continues to work hard”

Seemed to forget getting stuffed 4-0 at Derby there…only days before these comments.

“"Let's face it, we are not in a great position but we are not adrift, there are plenty of positives and I don't have those negative thoughts”

It took 5 more games for the bullet.

Just now, RedJim said:

How does your mate 'know' all this? Apologies if I've missed in an earlier post. 

He's a member of the staff at Preston, I'm not gonna say his name or his role but he is pally with players. A player who will also remain unnamed is mates with Bailey Wright, and Bailey told him yesterday that Johnson had a heart to heart with all the players and asked his team to go out and give the fans everything on Saturday but it will be his final game in charge.

18 minutes ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

I honestly think he will be gone the minute we are in the relegation zone for contractual reasons. Look at moyes at man utd, wasn't sacked until the day they couldn't mathematically qualify for the champions league.

I think it must be exactly this. LJ keeps saying in his interviews that we are not in bottom 3. SL says the same. I think there is an agreement that if gets to that level he can go with a much reduced pay off having been given every opportunity. Maybe a gentlemans agreement between friends if not a clause in contract - or maybe both.

madness either way obviously- as we could drop in to bottom 3 on last day of season. Which makes you wonder if it would be better to drop that low now just to facilitate a change and time to recover. Horrible thought I know...

The alternative that there is no agreement and we are keeping for no reason at all is potentially worse, just as bad - I can't decide. Shambles whatever...

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

people only see what they want to as well as believe everything thats written on the internet it seems,

Lansdown is not going to come at and say, no I don't back him and I'm sacking him Monday, 24 hours before a game, and if he did the same people would be ripping him to pieces for it

There will be plans in place for sure and probably someone ready to come in straight away. The point that somebody made about as soon as we drop into the bottom 3 he goes because of contractual obligations is an interesting one.

Hopefully Rowett is plan B and is being very patient - IMO.

But honestly hope that LJ turns it round.

2 minutes ago, lancsred said:

He's a member of the staff at Preston, I'm not gonna say his name or his role but he is pally with players. A player who will also remain unnamed is mates with Bailey Wright, and Bailey told him yesterday that Johnson had a heart to heart with all the players and asked his team to go out and give the fans everything on Saturday but it will be his final game in charge.

I desperately hope you are right but I'm cynical and don't believe it. No offence to you though.

• Admin
33 minutes ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

Then we moved on and a question was asked about the effects that relegation of the football or the rugby or indeed both would have on Bristol sport. The answer was in my opinion poor, Obviously Steve wants to keep the belief but he answered weakly, 'There will be an impact of attendance dropping off in the football but I think once the initial reaction has gone people will get over it, and being at the top of league one wont be bad as it will restore confidence,

This was in relation to the sports breakfast this morning

37 minutes ago, Olé said:

This was recorded this morning apparently. Beggars belief.

It reads as if he really doesn't see relegation as that big a deal and doesn't seem to worry about what the affects on the supporters will be?

12 minutes ago, Olé said:

But no one is making him give an interview Dave? I don't see it the same way as others who think it's a cover. No cover required, fly to Newcastle and play the match. This looks to me like a "shut up he's not going" message, as it was six weeks ago or whenever it was.

Exactly what I was thinking.

SL didn't have to say anything.

And if he felt he did, he didn't have to say that.

I take the interview at face value, SL is genuinely backing LJ.

It's almost like he feels it's become him against the fans (and the 'abuse' he mentioned) and he's dug his heels in with an absolute determination he will be the winner.

It's an unbelievable situation, with no parallels at AG that I can recall.

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

Agree.  No need to come out and say anything in this instance.

That was interesting that he said if things weren't going well he should move the manager on (why would he even say that) and then that we are not in a position to do that yet.

The way I am reading it is that he knows things aren't going well and he is working on it and the wheels are in motion and we are not in a position yet to move him on coz we got no replacement lined up..........how long is yet......next week?

He never once mentioned Lees name and never said he was keeping Lee on or backing Lee directly...........that would have been a positive, personal endorsement of him.

As long as he keeps his name out of it, then what he says in not rubber stamped and is open to ambiguity.

He also mentioned the noise and abuse flying around so he knows how the fans are feeling and would surely want to address that.

Plus, he looked really stressed and worried about stuff and seems like he wasn't telling us the whole truth.

There were so many negatives that he brought up in the piece......surely he should be focussing on the positives if he was happy with Lee.

Until he says Lee Johnson is staying as manager for the foreseeable future and he has my 100% backing, then I would say it's not cut and dried and open to change.

Mileage in this one yet.

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Lansdown does and probably around 25% of fans at a guess.

Maybe 25% of fans who do not attend AG, no way do that many who attend games and have had to watch this crap since October want him in charge for another season, let alone whats left of this.

6 minutes ago, lancsred said:

I cannot tell you how much I need this to be true

As for SL, he doesn't even look like he believes what he's saying

2+2 says Newcastle United 0 Bristol City 1 (Engvall 90) and we go again Tuesday night

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

SL didn't have to say anything.

And if he felt he did, he didn't have to say that.

I take the interview at face value, SL is genuinely backing LJ.

It's almost like he feels it's become him against the of the fans (and the 'abuse' he mentioned) and he's dug his heels in with an absolute determination he will be the winner.

It's an unbelievable situation, with no parallels at AG that I can recall.

I think you and @Olé are right, was just trying to come up with something plausible....I failed :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, desert said:

I think it must be exactly this. LJ keeps saying in his interviews that we are not in bottom 3. SL says the same. I think there is an agreement that if gets to that level he can go with a much reduced pay off having been given every opportunity. Maybe a gentlemans agreement between friends if not a clause in contract - or maybe both.

madness either way obviously- as we could drop in to bottom 3 on last day of season. Which makes you wonder if it would be better to drop that low now just to facilitate a change and time to recover. Horrible thought I know...

The alternative that there is no agreement and we are keeping for no reason at all is potentially worse, just as bad - I can't decide. Shambles whatever...

I never thought I would say this, especially as I will be driving 10hrs this weekend to watch BUT I hope Newcastle stuff us out of sight tomorrow now, if it means we get rid of Lee.

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Maybe 25% of fans who do not attend AG, no way do that many who attend games and have had to watch this crap since October want him in charge for another season, let alone whats left of this.

You could well be right but I would say that fans who do not use/read this forum would be less adamant about changing LJ. - IMO.

I too think LJ needs to go, but timing I think is important.

we are away to Newcastle then Villa, any 'honeymoon' period a new manager brings might be wasted in two games we are likely not to win, might it not be a prudent move to keep the failing manager in place for 2 games we're expected to lose and have the boost of a new management team straight after?

would explain the delays maybe

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Something's getting to him , he looks like shit , doesn't he ? 

And here's a photo taken just before à recent board meeting .

IMG_1545.JPG

He does. Even worse than his last video performance on Wednesday night.

Looks a bit shiny. And I can't help but notice the tone of his nose.

I reckon he's not getting enough sleep :)

An absolutely disgraceful rebut to the fans from SL.  It is obvious to anyone that we have the wrong manager and coaches, it is not entertaining or fun in any shape or form to watch. I will not attend another game this season until this is changed.  I'm done.  Its a kind of freedom decision after all this depression.  But I will be back to the games when it has changed. I can't believe that I raced back from up north on Wednesday in terrible driving weather worried I might be late for the awful nights entertainment I witnessed.

I really hope that it is the 'vote of confidence' before the trigger is pulled I really do as I have never felt this way before after 40 years of supporting the club.  Even the O'driscoll and McInnes debacles were more palatable.  This time round it feels as though there is something far more sinister going on.  No-one is listening to the fans at all.  Nothing to look forward to at the moment at city and I now have a complete mistrust of the clubs 'owner' and his motives too.

Archived