IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

This is unbelievable.... SL is an ostrich because he has his head firmly in the sand. This all but confirms our relegation... what evidence does he need to see that LJ is not upto it and has lost the players... so disillusioned... Why was this backing not given to a double winning manager... We go from the sublime to the ridiculous... is Lee Johnson SL's illegitimate son.....

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Depends on context.. if it's 'backing Lee Johnson to get a surprise result against Newcastle" (in keeping with those Monday registration rumours) it's not as concerning as "backing Lee Johnson unconditionally until the end of the season".

Might actually tune in to see..

Sorry phileas but what Monday registration are you referring to? I've been in and out of otib the last few days so missed that info.

He must surely be hoping Wednesday's inept performance was a one-off and we can't continue to play like that.

He must be praying for a Burton win tonight, so that we aren't right on the precipice of relegation going into tomorrow.  If Blackburn win tonight by 2 or 3 (unlikely) and we get stuffed tomorrow (more likely), then we'll be in the bottom 3....and that's ignoring Wigan v Forest.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

people only see what they want to as well as believe everything thats written on the internet it seems,

Lansdown is not going to come at and say, no I don't back him and I'm sacking him Monday, 24 hours before a game, and if he did the same people would be ripping him to pieces for it

The time for talking is long over.

We need action .

There is none so blind as those that cannot see.

We are not at the bottom cut adrift? No, but that's because we started in ******* 6th!

I love what SL has done to our ground, but when it comes to football I am sorry but it is like a Mexican stand off between the chairman and his young prodigy, and the players....culminating in relegation and a street party in Horfield! :facepalm::grr:

I just think he isn't going to come out and say he;s about to be sacked.  It's a positioned interview....I bet he'd rather not have gone in front of the camera.

He isn't stupid.

I do like the comment from poster above about being in the relegation positions might trigger contract clauses?

14 minutes ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

I honestly think he will be gone the minute we are in the relegation zone for contractual reasons. Look at moyes at man utd, wasn't sacked until the day they couldn't mathematically qualify for the champions league.

Yeah I've been saying for a while that the moment we drop into the bottom three he's gone, hopefully before imo.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Absolutely agree, this interview means nothing.

I've spoken to my mate at Preston this morning (literally after I saw the video) and I've said to him our Owner is apparently backing the manager according to some piece for local TV. 

He just laughed and said Neil, "I've told you already, he's gone"

"I doubt your gaffer will give another interview at the club, but you will see on Monday morning he has stepped down, stop worrying about Lee Johnson, he's history at Bristol City".

"Leicester sacked Ranieri after the Sevilla game but in the days leading up to it, he went from 11/10 to 1/8 to get the boot, sometimes compensation and that takes time"

"By Monday lunchtime Lee Johnson will not be under employment at your club"

If SL continues to back LG and we go down , then I am through with watching City til SL is no longer in charge of this club. SL is really starting to **** me off now. All this Bristol sport bollox, no longer in charge of our own ground, backing a manager who is completely out of his depth, etc. 

Well if this is the case then I see City going down.

However his position means he has to say this unless he is goinng to sack him there and then. There is no way he can go on air and say oh yeah we are going down if we keep him... that just isn't possible!

I would like to think Newcastle is the one game where he will make his mind up after the result. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I bet he'd rather not have gone in front of the camera

But no one is making him give an interview Dave? I don't see it the same way as others who think it's a cover. No cover required, fly to Newcastle and play the match. This looks to me like a "shut up he's not going" message, as it was six weeks ago or whenever it was.

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

If SL continues to back LG and we go down , then I am through with watching City til SL is no longer in charge of this club. SL is really starting to **** me off now. All this Bristol sport bollox, no longer in charge of our own ground, backing a manager who is completely out of his depth, etc. 

Couldn't agree more

3 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

What's gonna be more silly is when he takes us down, he'll probably THEN get the sack 

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

But no one is making him give an interview Dave? I don't see it the same way as others who think it's a cover. No cover required, fly to Newcastle and play the match. This looks to me like a "shut up he's not going" message, as it was six weeks ago or whenever it was.

Maybe, but if it was pre-agreed, what do people assume if it gets cancelled?  Sorry, I'm off on convoluted theories.  Time to get back to work!

Archived