IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

55 minutes ago, lancsred said:

He's a member of the staff at Preston, I'm not gonna say his name or his role but he is pally with players. A player who will also remain unnamed is mates with Bailey Wright, and Bailey told him yesterday that Johnson had a heart to heart with all the players and asked his team to go out and give the fans everything on Saturday but it will be his final game in charge.

What if he actually said "or"

Worst two things for me is:

A - its apparently our fault for the team doing badly. I've paid £250 for a ST, been 4 away games, paid extensively for petrol and food at said home and away games. I never knew it was my fault.

B - we didn't help the team in a 'close game' that he wasn't even attending. 

This really is the pits. That interview came across as someone who is so out of touch with the majority of fans its unreal.

If Johnson is so great Mr Lansdown and he really is the answer then why dont you just come out and put all of this talk to bed once and for all. All you have to do is say that he is here for the next few years no matter what division we are playing in. Then people can either choose to get behind him or stay away. Saves everyone the torment of the naught fans saying nasty things as the team wimpers to another pathetic defeat.

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Whatever stat you throw at Johnson it just comes across as bloody awful....I have yet to see anyone come up with one that gives you even a glimmer of hope he can turn this round...,because there simply isn't one!! How many changes to the team tomorrow? How many half time substitutions will he make? The same mistakes being repeated week after week and he's still here!! Basket case of a club? You bet we are!!!

Think Einstein had it right " The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result" 

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

When you put it that way, it's comedy gold. 

Close game? We didn't even get close to their players, let alone a result.

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Worst two things for me is:

A - its apparently our fault for the team doing badly. I've paid £250 for a ST, been 4 away games, paid extensively for petrol and food at said home and away games. I never knew it was my fault.

If that was 'close' I wouldn't want to see a 1 sided game.

'I won't let them go down' this morning followed by we're going down.

Is it just me that's confused?

This is all getiting a little bit boring now.

They've made it clear midget is here to stay for the long term.

We aren't allowed to voice our opinion during the match? Biggest load of tosh I've heard. The fans could be a lot more vocally negative and after hearing this I'm sure we will be. 

This club is in a mess.

10 minutes ago, Marty said:

Put this on a banner and take it to the next game

Where do I donate!!! Those comments are an utter discrace. Where was he on a freezing cold Tuesday night in Scunny with 92 city fans who got back to Bristol at 3am after a diversion through Wales!!! :grr:

I hope this evenings interview is not pre recorded as he surely will have to readdress these comments.

18 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

If the reactions from the stands continues to be toxic towards LJ, there must come a time where SL must act to take LJ out of the firing line (especially with their relationship).

Will be interesting to see what happens if there's another poor performance tomorrow especially if SL will be at the match to hear for himself. 

Of course the away fans seem to have been more supportive of LJ until recently so would take the away support to turn to heap the pressure on. If they do, I can't see LJ surviving despite what he may have said today.

Think that's a really good point WR. Can't go tomorrow because of childcare (quite glad now, even though it was one of the ones we all look forward to) but I'll be listening with great interest as to what happens from our faithful if we start getting a pasting. Could get nasty. Tuesday as well which is much more winnable and so more important imho (although hopefully we'll have a new management team by then!) 

Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “This has been the most difficult decision we have had to make in nearly seven years since King Power took ownership of Leicester City. But we are duty-bound to put the Club’s long-term interests above all sense of personal sentiment, no matter how strong that might be.

Take note Steve.

Why on earth did I just waste my time listening to that. 

Well, that's our season done then. I would like to try and remain positive, but it's ny on impossible with the state we're in. 

Landsdown is taking us down, it's as simple as that. Along with Lee, in which if he really considers himself to be a fan of the club, should just walk. 

The worst run in the clubs history and he's still backing a manager who doesn't know his own team selections, doesn't trust the whole squad, has lost the backing of 99% of the fans, let alone lost the backing of half his own ducking dressing room. 

What a mess. 

All OK though, think of the positives, we're not in the relegation zone. 

What a tit. 

Absolute bullshit SL.

My prediction is if and still think that it's a very big if we do scab staying in the championship by the skin of our teeth, LJ will be sacked before December with yet another season already on the way to being ****** up.

SL is going to stick with a head coach who has suddenly realised after the wrong end of 5 months that our midfield don't press/get close to the opponents midfield and we surrender one third of the pitch in games.

Un ******* believable.

1 minute ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Why on earth did I just waste my time listening to that. 

Well, that's our season done then. I would like to try and remain positive, but it's ny on impossible with the state we're in. 

Landsdown is taking us down, it's as simple as that. Along with Lee, in which it he really considers himself to be a fan of the club, should just walk. 

The worst run in the clubs history and he's still backing a manager who doesn't know his own team selections, doesn't trust the whole squad, has lost the backing of 99% of the fans, let alone lost the backing of half his own ducking dressing room. 

What a mess. 

All OK though, think of the positives, we're not in the relegation zone. 

What a tit. 

We will be tonight if Blackburn beat Burton......................................................7-0

When other managers talk about this being a really well run club...it's not the 'set up' they are talking about, it's the backing the owner gives to a manager.

I respect SL for that. It's easy to fire in this game and keep firing...

It would be far easier for him to fire LJ and bring someone else in...he wouldn't be getting the abuse he's getting now, that's for sure.

Easy to take the soft option...much harder when your backs against the wall and everyone seems to hate you.

Fair play to the bloke I say...he isn't perfect, and makes mistakes, but as a manager I'd rather have him as an owner than a lot of football Clubs.

Put yourself in his shoes...as an owner, and reading the constant abuse on here, by people who only loved you a season ago, would you want to do it for them? I certainly wouldn't.

Football fans....gotta love em...they are the perfect scenario of the 'sing when you're winning bigade'. Support when it's good times and going well...but abuse when it's going tits up.

Would rather have the mentality and smaller support of 1982 when Terry Cooper was here. Different times, no money etc....but the hardcore stood firm.

It's a bit like having a mate, who only wants to know you when you lend him some money.

If we do end up going down this season then SLs inaction in sacking Johnson early enough to give us a chance to stay up will make him as accountable as LJ. 

I thank SL for everything he's done for this club and wouldn't advocate him leaving, that could be one of the worst things to happen for BCFC, but he has to shoulder some of the blame. 

RIGHT

So, Steve's sick and tired of hiring and firing, he's going to stick with his man.  Unless some of us want to buy him out, that's that.

Let's be honest, what has years and years of chopping and changing achieved?  Nothing.  We had a manager who finally stablised us, we smashed League 1, then a few months later he was binned, due to horror show results.

We tend to fire, appoint new guy, new guy does brilliantly for a while, then falls apart.  McInnes, Cotterill, LJ.  All the same.  As someone who works with senior managers all the time, that suggests the failing is not the manager...look at McInnes - he's done great things at Aberdeen.

I think that we need to look behind the scenes; why do players go off the boil?  12-18 months ago, Joe B was on fire.  Now...

• Admin
1 hour ago, lancsred said:

I've spoken to my mate at Preston this morning (literally after I saw the video) and I've said to him our Owner is apparently backing the manager according to some piece for local TV. 

He just laughed and said Neil, "I've told you already, he's gone"

"I doubt your gaffer will give another interview at the club, but you will see on Monday morning he has stepped down, stop worrying about Lee Johnson, he's history at Bristol City".

"Leicester sacked Ranieri after the Sevilla game but in the days leading up to it, he went from 11/10 to 1/8 to get the boot, sometimes compensation and that takes time"

"By Monday lunchtime Lee Johnson will not be under employment at your club"

Don't you tell your imaginary friends your real name then Chris?

Archived