IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

A small part of me wonders...and mainly I think it's the vote of confidence.

However a small part of me wonders if he might be being kept in place as a lightning rod for all discontent- that is to say discontent for off the field things. Don't mean by players just about the general running of the club. If the anger is focused at Johnson then other failings get drowned out, ignored.

3 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

I too think LJ needs to go, but timing I think is important.

we are away to Newcastle then Villa, any 'honeymoon' period a new manager brings might be wasted in two games we are likely not to win, might it not be a prudent move to keep the failing manager in place for 2 games we're expected to lose and have the boost of a new management team straight after?

would explain the delays maybe

Good point.

Have just pulled this of Facebook......No I am even more worried.

" I Seen him in Person this morning at a Breakfast event at the Gate and asked directly whats happening and his words " we battle on , we have been too hasty sacking managers in the past " and he sited McGuiness as an example "

22 minutes ago, lancsred said:

I've spoken to my mate at Preston this morning (literally after I saw the video) and I've said to him our Owner is apparently backing the manager according to some piece for local TV. 

He just laughed and said Neil, "I've told you already, he's gone"

"I doubt your gaffer will give another interview at the club, but you will see on Monday morning he has stepped down, stop worrying about Lee Johnson, he's history at Bristol City".

"Leicester sacked Ranieri after the Sevilla game but in the days leading up to it, he went from 11/10 to 1/8 to get the boot, sometimes compensation and that takes time"

"By Monday lunchtime Lee Johnson will not be under employment at your club"

This gives me hope, genuine hope, at least that is something...

2 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

An absolutely disgraceful rebut to the fans from SL.  It is obvious to anyone that we have the wrong manager and coaches, it is not entertaining or fun in any shape or form to watch. I will not attend another game this season until this is changed.  I'm done.  Its a kind of freedom decision after all this depression.  But I will be back to the games when it has changed. I can't believe that I raced back from up north on Wednesday in terrible driving weather worried I might be late for the awful nights entertainment I witnessed.

I really hope that it is the 'vote of confidence' before the trigger is pulled I really do as I have never felt this way before after 40 years of supporting the club.  Even the O'driscoll and McInnes debacles were more palatable.  This time round it feels as though there is something far more sinister going on.  No-one is listening to the fans at all.  Nothing to look forward to at the moment at city and I now have a complete mistrust of the clubs 'owner' and his motives too.

I was working in Derby on Wednesday and south London on Thursday and was couldnt decide for hours if I should head to my hotel in London via Ashton Gate. Thank God that people who know better than me  told me not too

5 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

I too think LJ needs to go, but timing I think is important.

we are away to Newcastle then Villa, any 'honeymoon' period a new manager brings might be wasted in two games we are likely not to win, might it not be a prudent move to keep the failing manager in place for 2 games we're expected to lose and have the boost of a new management team straight after?

would explain the delays maybe

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Good point.

That's why caretaker managers come in.

Of course, unless the coaching staff are going too?

30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Maybe waiting after Tuesday. Get these really 2 tough away games out the way . Then let the new bloke start for the burton game. That's the only thing I can see in all this madness 

Thing is RA75 is that Tuesday is really winnable. With the team set up correctly and confidence in the team. 

5 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Have just pulled this of Facebook......No I am even more worried.

" I Seen him in Person this morning at a Breakfast event at the Gate and asked directly whats happening and his words " we battle on , we have been too hasty sacking managers in the past " and he sited McGuiness as an example "

You had Guinness for breakfast ? 

The only reason we aren't bottom and cut adrift (or at the very least level with Rotherham) is because of the good start we made this season. I've lost count of the number of games we've now lost since November. I genuinely believe no other manager would survive this run of form...incredible.

Also, why wait until we inevitably end up in that position with 5 or 6 games to go? I've seen little to suggest any likely upturn in form so please Steve, pretty ******* please, open your eyes.

Hmmm. Don't know what to think...is it the dreaded vote of confidence before being shown the door, or is it a genuine vote of confidence. I want LJ to do well, because City will then do well. Somehow I fear that Steve is anxious to show off his posh new building in BS3 to our West Country rivals at Gas, Argyle and possibly Swindon as quickly as possible

Nah. Think he's goner or - unless something very dramatic happens against Newcastle and Villa - will be gone by next Saturday. 

Effectively a second 'vote of confidence'. SL won't give a third, trust me. 

Given Lee every chance to turn things around. Decent chap, but the trigger is being squeezed. Sad, but inevitable. 

Gutted for my Club, SL and LJ, but we push on.

Unfortunately we move forward with some of the ****** players, who like with LCFC, not only steal their massive wages but now determine who and how people manage them. LJ was far from perfect, but part of me hopes we now appoint a Warnock-type bastard to get in amongst them. 

50 minutes ago, Olé said:

Here's the video. Absolutely in denial.

SL expression , tense delivery and body language , to me sounded like this was a pure holding statement . Non specific and my gut feel is he is working on making a change . " I don't think we are in the position to change the manager " ( maybe slightly misquoted but for me this was not a vote of confidence at all . However I may be looking at my glass and dreaming it is more than half full when in fact it is empty . LCFC took the decision and people lamenting lack of loyalty in the game . LCFC in a similar situation to us . I hope the BCFC hierarchy at least take note .

17 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I never thought I would say this, especially as I will be driving 10hrs this weekend to watch BUT I hope Newcastle stuff us out of sight tomorrow now, if it means we get rid of Lee.

Really?  You want us to lose? :facepalm:

Personally I would like 3 points at Newcastle on Saturday, another 3 at Villa on Tuesday night and then another 3 next Saturday at home. 

Archived