IGNORED

Lansdown backing Johnson / Ignorance? (Merged)

Olé

4 hours ago, Kachina II said:

He's a member of the staff at Preston, I'm not gonna say his name or his role but he is pally with players. A player who will also remain unnamed is mates with Bailey Wright, and Bailey told him yesterday that Johnson had a heart to heart with all the players and asked his team to go out and give the fans everything on Saturday but it will be his final game in charge.

Why have you changed your name to an ill advised one (IMO)

are you the arseole Kachina or is the name change meant to be a 'funny' ?

48 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Shame he didn't show some passion during the game. 

I couldn't care less whether they want to play for the manager, they should be playing for me, 20,000 other fans, the badge on the  shirt and Bristol City football club. The debacle of Wednesday evening was 100% down to the players on the pitch, and as I've said before, they should be hanging their heads in shame not trying to milk applause. 

I don't disagree however that is not how football works nowadays. To almost all of the players in any professional league football club its  their job and they rarely support the team they play for therefore if they have an agenda in their workplace that may involve letting down the fans then so be it.

I am firmly in the camp that LJ has 'lost' the dressing room, his own comments on Wednesday support that, and they want him gone. The players hold all the aces now.

Ultimately, if that does not happen and he is still hear in July a lot of the current squad won't be, regardless of the league we are in.

I did not like the bit about fans getting on the back of the team... someone has to as the manager was doing fck all....

1. Fulham first goal- we stood off them whilst they passed it along our 18 yard box. no pressing, no tackles. Ball thread through 1-0. 

2. The second goal we gave them 2 chances to steal the ball whilst we passed it out. Matthews passes it blind... 2-0

The lethargic display was not acceptable and I am sorry SL but unless you were watching an edited stream I am surprised you were not shouting at the screen. 

LJ is taking us down. Instead of allowing this car crash to happen do something about it. LJ is damaging his career here and you are allowing it to happen...

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I don't disagree however that is not how football works nowadays. To almost all of the players in any professional league football club its  their job and they rarely support the team they play for therefore if they have an agenda in their workplace that may involve letting down the fans then so be it.

I am firmly in the camp that LJ has 'lost' the dressing room, his own comments on Wednesday support that, and they want him gone. The players hold all the aces now.

Ultimately, if that does not happen and he is still hear in July a lot of the current squad won't be, regardless of the league we are in.

This is precisely one of the reasons why I disagree with most people on here at the moment. Regardless of what faults Lee Johnson may or may not have, he wants what is best for Bristol City Football club, and is trying his hardest to make it happen. I can't knock the man for that.

It's no different to what he came out with the Monday after Forest away.

Actions speak louder than words and I just hope he's about to pull a rabbit out of a hat and replace LJ with a competent, experienced manager. If not, then we will likely be playing back in the third tier next season - and it will all be your fault Mr Lansdown.

3 hours ago, Fishponds_Red said:

He and MA are more than likely speaking to possible replacements to LJ as we speak, with the view to have him/ them in before the Burton game.

A public backing means absolutely nothing.

Sorry but I don't really get those taking this line. If SL genuinely plans to replace him on Monday why in the hell would he make this statement today? He surely would sit on his hands for the weekend then tell us on Monday. Makes no sense at all.

I feel he MAY act if we lose to Burton and in the bottom three. Can't see it being next week though unless we get thrashed and Lee walks away. After today sacking him in a few days will look even more ridiculous. If that is the plan he would stay quiet surely??

15 minutes ago, ooRya said:

This is precisely one of the reasons why I disagree with most people on here at the moment. Regardless of what faults Lee Johnson may or may not have, he wants what is best for Bristol City Football club, and is trying his hardest to make it happen. I can't knock the man for that.

Bull****

He wants what's best for LJ

2 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Of course he does, and what's wrong with that?

The same as I want what is best for me. But that doesn't stop me from trying my hardest to do well for the company I work for.

Tried hard

Unfortunately totally inadequate

If he did want the best for our club he'd walk

As I said in another thread, this simply wouldn't happen if SL was living here rather than as a tax exile. He's probably been told that it's only a vocal minority that are giving LJ a hard time. Anyone who was at the ground, or has talked to any fans who were, would know different.

I know that smacks of "If only the Führer knew", but I believe it to be true.

I've just noticed something about 'the petition': https://www.change.org/p/bristol-city-sack-lee-johnson (other than it's going really well - oh wait...).

If it gets to 500, they won't be delivering 'the petition' to Bristol City FC, it will go to Bristol City council (obviously, the petitioner doesn't know what change.org is about :facepalm:).

No doubt Bristol City Council HR will either be:
Scratching their heads and wondering (if there is a Lee Johnson working for the council) what Lee has done to warrant sacking
OR
Wondering just who Lee Johnson is, he's not on the books.

It will have to be debated by the council no doubt.

Well done Paul D, you're a star :clap:

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If we get nothing but 3 points in our next 2 games then he will be gone, surely. This video of Lansdown seems like an absolute final chance for Johnson. If we only get one point or no points in next 2 games then we will be in bottom 3 anyway so that would fit in just right with what people are saying with needing to be in bottom 3 for him to get the sack. 

That's a bit like saying he'll take out insurance when the house catches fire :(

55 minutes ago, ooRya said:

I want what's best for Bristol City FC and I would try my hardest if I was the manager. That doesn't mean I would be any good, nor does it mean LJ is any good. The difference between the 2 of us, is I would have agreed a severance package with SL weeks ago and left. That's what's really best for City

1 hour ago, ooRya said:

The path to hell is paved with good intentions

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Screw em then.

This isn't professional anymore. It's a job for a mate. It's wrong.

Only answer is don't go. Can't imagine he will stick with the inept clown when nobody is turning up to watch.

It's a disgrace. Total disgrace. Lee Johnson has not achieved anything as a manager. It is clear he is out of his depth. It is clear the team are not playing for him. Sorry and I can't believe I'm saying this but if Newcastle win tomorrow at a canter I'm really not bothered. Thanks SL and the board for taking away my passion and love for my club. 

Just arrived in Newcastle and just watched the club YouTube interview with him. He believes in what LJ is doing with the academy . That's not going to get us out of this shit is it. He's ******* deluded and wish I never bothered to come up here . Because of his criticism of us on Wednesday I feel like singing Johnson out all game tomorrow . It's not like it's only been going on for a few weeks, it's been months. We are down . 

We have to remember that not long before SC was sacked, the chairman and SL were saying things like this......

Despite their successes in League One, the squad struggled in the Championship after a series of rejected transfers following a lack of investment.[59][60] Only 256 days after Cotterill had led them back to the Championship, Cotterill was dismissed by Keith Dawe on 14 January 2016, despite his earlier favourable appraisal of Steve's ability to manage: "I believe Steve Cotterill has the capacity to be a Premier League manager".[61][62] Other senior figures at the club were also supportive of Steve prior to his dismissal, such as club owner Steve Lansdown"He is the man at the helm to take us forward".[63]

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I've just gone back to check what got Cotts the sack in his last 14 games. 11 points. LJ has 8, how in anybody's imagination can that be the project working? :facepalm:

Nothing to do with a project imo. Just getting a close family friend a job.

That's why Cotts was sacked I fear.

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I wonder where we would be now if Cotts had been allowed to bring in the same amount of players as Lee

You might as well bang your head on a wall, and then wonder afterwards about the bump you have on your head. The wondering doesn't help you with the bump other than you might realise you did something stupid.

BTW, it's hard to know what went on behind the scenes (although it doesn't stop some of this forum from creating great pieces of fiction) with SC. Was it the cause of his demise? TBH, I don't give a shit, it's now history and we move on.

2 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

You might as well bang your head on a wall, and then wonder afterwards about the bump you have on your head. The wondering doesn't help you with the bump other than you might realise you did something stupid.

BTW, it's hard to know what went on behind the scenes (although it doesn't stop some of this forum from creating great pieces of fiction) with SC. Was it the cause of his demise? TBH, I don't give a shit, it's now history and we move on.

"It's now history and we move on"  We haven't moved on though have we? A year later we're are in almost the exact same place, and if anything are even worse off.  We were in shit state about this time last year and we sacked a manager  We' re now in the same fricking state but want to keep backing this one. 

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

"It's now history and we move on"  We haven't moved on though have we? A year later we're are in almost the exact same place, and if anything are even worse off.  We were in shit state about this time last year and we sacked a manager  We' re now in the same fricking state but want to keep backing this one. 

To all the Lansdown worshippers,his legacy is not the millions he has pumped into the club,or the shiny new stadium,it is that he has made us the laughing stock of the football league,Harry Dolman he aint.

Archived