IGNORED

Friday night's games

22A

OK, two games tonight; I'm hoping Blackburn narrowly beat Burton whilst Wolves lose against Brum.

Those two results would keep Blackburn below City (on goal difference) and keep Burton & Wolves just three points above City, both with worse GDs.

Hard ones to call.

Could be advantageous if any of the sides win, for one reason or another.

I actually think the OP is on to something though; as counterintuitive as it might seem, Burton's recent form is worryingly close to extracting them from the fray altogether, so slowing that is no bad thing.  

But anyone below us getting more points is definitely bad, so who knows?

However, it's all academic if we can't start collecting points soon, something we seem unable to do.

I don't care about tonight's games because we're going down.  The manager has totally lost the plot and the players have lost confidence in him. 

I go to games expecting us to lose so what's the point in worrying about how teams like Burton will be getting on tonight. 

2 hours ago, samo II said:

Hard ones to call.

Could be advantageous if any of the sides win, for one reason or another.

I actually think the OP is on to something though; as counterintuitive as it might seem, Burton's recent form is worryingly close to extracting them from the fray altogether, so slowing that is no bad thing.  

But anyone below us getting more points is definitely bad, so who knows?

However, it's all academic if we can't start collecting points soon, something we seem unable to do.

If Burton move clear, others will take their place. they are finding form now. I'd want them to win. No more points for those in the bottom 3 will do us fine. 

Wolves losing would be a nice bonus. :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If Burton move clear, others will take their place. they are finding form now. I'd want them to win. No more points for those in the bottom 3 will do us fine. 

Wolves losing would be a nice bonus. :thumbsup:

Blackburn Burton draw and a goal difference-levelling loss for Wolves as it stands; thinking this might be an ideal set of results if they hold...

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@samo II

Been waiting for you to post

As a good and patient man with the numbers , calculations and permutations

What do you think are the ideal results for us tonight ?

:thumbsup:

I think @Red-Robbo is right; Burton win and a Brum win (ideally by two or mor so their goal difference doesn't lend them an advantage) - we only need to finish 21st (what a mighty aim...) so keeping us where we are and leaving others in bad form (a la Wolves) is ideal.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

I think @Red-Robbo is right; Burton win and a Brum win (ideally by two or mor so their goal difference doesn't lend them an advantage) - we only need to finish 21st (what a mighty aim...) so keeping us where we are and leaving others in bad form (a la Wolves) is ideal.

Thanks

4 hours ago, swanker said:

I don't care about tonight's games because we're going down.  The manager has totally lost the plot and the players have lost confidence in him. 

I go to games expecting us to lose so what's the point in worrying about how teams like Burton will be getting on tonight. 

You do realise you have 14 games left and aren't in the bottom 3?

Archived