IGNORED

Lansdown doesn't care

Benjam!n Ultra

6 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I have much respect for SL but felt somewhat irked when he suggested that the fans shouldn't voice their opinions during the Fulham game.

I travel 4 hours each way (not to mention petrol/food/ticket costs etc) to watch the crap currently being served up and I'll voice my opinion if I want to.

I'm seriously considering calling it a day for the season, I mean what would you do if you were me?

I live 25 minutes from AG, and I'm seriously considering calling it a day for this season! And I wont be signing up for 3rd division football again.

6 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I have much respect for SL but felt somewhat irked when he suggested that the fans shouldn't voice their opinions during the Fulham game.

I travel 4 hours each way (not to mention petrol/food/ticket costs etc) to watch the crap currently being served up and I'll voice my opinion if I want to.

I'm seriously considering calling it a day for the season, I mean what would you do if you were me?

I certainly wouldn't waste 8 hours  for 90 minutes of watching this shower of shite do yourself a favour STOP .

11 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Rubbish.

The man has ripped the heart out of this club.

No he hasn't , he's guilty of not picking good managers . That is his only crime!!

Hes gave this club a heart beat and for years to come. Easy for the likes of you to underestimate that.

12 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

He said in his Bristol Sport (catalogue of successful teams) breakfast that if relegation occured we'd all come back when we are at the top.

The moron has forgotten that Bristol City is a proud club and that LJ's highest finish in the league below (forgetting he's thick as ****) is 11th. 

We're actually sleepwalking into a L1 nightmare and he's happy to let that happen. 

Hardly a "moron". He built the world's biggest brokerage firm in just 25 years.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hardly a "moron". He built the world's biggest brokerage firm in just 25 years.

It is becoming increasingly possible that in fact it was Peter Hargreaves who did that and Steve Lansdown got lucky. 

Let's face it, on the evidence of Bristol City Lansdown is closer to Trump when it comes to running business than Bill Gates.

4 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

It is becoming increasingly possible that in fact it was Peter Hargreaves who did that and Steve Lansdown got lucky. 

Let's face it, on the evidence of Bristol City Lansdown is closer to Trump when it comes to running business than Bill Gates.

I can't see why Hargreaves would have carried an inept business partner for all these years. Business partnerships only last if you have 100% faith in the other guy.

Feel free to have a go at Lansdown over decisions he has taken regarding City. But he patently isn't "a moron".

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I can't see why Hargreaves would have carried an inept business partner for all these years. Business partnerships only last if you have 100% faith in the other guy.

Feel free to have a go at Lansdown over decisions he has taken regarding City. But he patently isn't "a moron".

I never said he was a Moron. Hargreaves was the driving force, Lansdown the bean counter. It's a shame Hargreaves isn't the City fan. 

Lansdown has been brilliant with the new stadium but the nepotism of getting his son to run the club is galling. This is a multi million pound business not a bloody Sunday fete. Also Lansdown has had limited influence at HL for some time. Others have taken the company to the next level (I assume he is still on the board but not an exec?)

16 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I'm not going to argue with you about it.

This club has progressively lost its soul.

And SL is to blame.

We are an absolute laughing stock.

Spot on. From the Eastend going to the management picking inept coaches, to a board full of clueless businessmen,  we have become an absolute laughing stock and I can't justify renewing my season ticket or even going for the rest of this season.

10 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Yes, that was a staggering thing to say. We've every right to voice displeasure at the team performing so miserably.

14 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

IMHO SL is fully responsible for this seasons shambles, I actually feel a little sorry for LJ.. has any other manager been allowed to just go on and on losing games without reprisal... should have been put out of his misery in December... 

One consistently with our club... failure!!!

Fully agree.

We are absymal and SL either has his head buried truly in the sand or he is literally best mates with LJ. 

What's happening at the moment is a complete and utter joke and I will fully blame SL if/when it sends us crashing down to league one.

10 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I genuinely believe Lansdown will sack Johnson when we are in the bottom 3. Which might not happen as we really should beat burton. It might be because in the contract it says he can sack him without a pay off. If that's the case, then it kind of makes sense. If we didn't have Lansdown then we'd probably be a league 1 club. And not necessarily a very good one. 

Really?

The way we're playing at the moment, we won't beat anyone this season.

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What I mean is we should beat them, not we will beat them. From the little I have seen of burton I would say we have better players and we're at home. So surely we should be beating a team like that?

We should indeed.

But sadly things ain't what they used to be.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Spot on. From the Eastend going to the management picking inept coaches, to a board full of clueless businessmen,  we have become an absolute laughing stock and I can't justify renewing my season ticket or even going for the rest of this season.

So you wanted Ashton gate to stay as it was? Might as well brought the mem and play there 

better yet the hand stadium that hasn't got many seats

Landsdown cares there is no question of that, you wouldn't pump this much of your own money into this if you didn't. Normally Steve has acted sooner though in similar situations (Millen,SC) So why the difference now? i can only infer its other influences. Who is different near the top with a vested interest? MA although this is all conjecture. What clear is that sooner or later LJ has to go and his position has been untenable for some time. I see no reason to delay so we can move on. This from someone who was very happy with the management setup and wanted to give LJ every chance. 

17 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

He said in his Bristol Sport (catalogue of successful teams) breakfast that if relegation occured we'd all come back when we are at the top.

The moron has forgotten that Bristol City is a proud club and that LJ's highest finish in the league below (forgetting he's thick as ****) is 11th. 

We're actually sleepwalking into a L1 nightmare and he's happy to let that happen. 

So SL doesn't do what 'you' (and other OTIB posters) want him to do so you think he's a moron?

I see, did you come up with that insult by yourself?

15 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Truth hurts eh? Feel the need to resort to childish insults at the OP because he has come out and said the reality that we all know but dont want to face? Look in the mirror pal.

Lansdown pisses away millions year after year and the return from his investment is utter drivel. His blind faith in Johnson  and reluctance to remove an absolute loser from the club is is akin to gross incompetence. The fact that we stand to meet our tramp neighbours in league action next season tells us everything we need to know about the absolute failure Lansdowns "project" is fast becoming, 

So, you think one post is childish and another post isn't?

The issue you have with SL pissing his money away. I'll be trite and say, 'it's his money, he can do with it what he likes'.

It is clear you, along with BU and others, don't value what SL has done for City. That you get many thumbs up for such a view, well we do live in interesting times. An ironic :clap:

That you believe that Bristol City FC is some investment vehicle for SL is quite comical. If this was the case, he'd have cut his losses and run a long time ago. 

The rest of your contribution is the real drivel.

9 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Well this one stirred the virgins. 

Face it if he cared he'd stop us going down, instead he's allowing LJ to do it because his ego won't admit defeat. 

His comments at his breakfast were appalling and I can't believe we are just accepting it. 

You're a WUM plain and simple. It would be ironic if you turned out to be gash considering some of the thumbs up you've been getting.

42 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

So, you think one post is childish and another post isn't?

The issue you have with SL pissing his money away. I'll be trite and say, 'it's his money, he can do with it what he likes'.

It is clear you, along with BU and others, don't value what SL has done for City. That you get many thumbs up for such a view, well we do live in interesting times. An ironic :clap:

That you believe that Bristol City FC is some investment vehicle for SL is quite comical. If this was the case, he'd have cut his losses and run a long time ago. 

The rest of your contribution is the real drivel.

Utter garbage. It may be his money.... But this is our club. We were here long before SL arrived and we will still be here long after he's gome. We are the ones continually let down by the result of SLs decision making. Its ludicrous to say he can do what he wants with his money when those actions are producing a piss poor product for us fans who pay hundreds every year to watch it. There comes a time when uncomfortable questions need to be asked and with a second relegation in 5 years looming, that time is now.

The real drivel is the fact that you think that SL is beyond questioning and are happy to sit back and watch us join those pennyless bunch of tramps in league 1. If that really is the case then League 1 football is what you deserve.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

So you wanted Ashton gate to stay as it was? Might as well brought the mem and play there 

better yet the hand stadium that hasn't got many seats

I think the improvements are good from a business perspective, I was begging that Ashton Gate didn't become another soulless bowl, connected stands and almost everyone sat down hands on thighs ad as quiet as possible. It's not football for me.

IMO we are lucky to have SL. He has a passion for the City, wants the team(s) to succeed on and off field.

He has made an error of judgement on LJ but castigating him on this decision and the abuse he has taken is well out of order. He's a human being, has feelings and through business has had to develop thick skin.

Lesser people would have walked away from the club. I wouldn't see many investors waiting to pick up the BCFC debt mountain. I'm sure a number will say that's his decision that gave us the debt mountain but in my view shows his commitment to succeed. Obviously lots more to do.......

21 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

calling SL a moron is out of order. You probably don't even know what moron means. Its about time people on here started to rally around for the next few games and giving support instead of the crap that is being written

Archived