IGNORED

Lansdown doesn't care

Benjam!n Ultra

Losing all respect for the man after this season's shambles.  Such a shame he can't step back and accept his failings and poor judgement.

Lovely stadium but zero progression really in establishing ourselves as championship football club despite years chucking endless cash at it. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Finger of blame will point forever at SL when we go down this season 

While LJ is severely out of his depth and is the hands on cause of our poor performances and disastrous run, the ultimate blame, when (not if) we are relegated must lie with SL.  He chose Johnson and has continued to back a manager so quite clearly floundering.  The fault will lie with him 100% IMO.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, so much being flung around I've lost track of reality...... But, didn't SL say when talking about relegation...

"I won't let that happen" or words to that effect?

If so, how do we think he won't let it happen, we're still sliding, and don't appear to be slowing down!

If on the other hand he didn't say this,  sorry Steve, I'll get the nurse to increase my dosage. :blink:

ps, we are becoming less attractive a proposition by the day to prospective new managers.

If SL retains LJ for the rest of the season ( which looks likely) and by some miracle we avoid relegation, I would - for the first in in 25 years - question whether I would renew my season ticket  next season, because I cannot  see LJ ever getting to grips with  this situation  and therfore cannot see any change to the drivel we have had to endure this season. I dont think  I would be the only one thinking this way .

6 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I remember when it was our club.

Or at least it felt like it. :-(

Unfortunately you have a point. It's not about shareholders of which I am one it's about stakeholders which we all are. Lee is utterly rubbish at his job and we as stakeholders/shareholders are of no consequence. 

I am and will remain a huge proponent of Steve. The bloke is awesome. However as a former chairman once said to me you can't fool the supporters they always work it out. (Yes it's true)

The strange situation we have that a board Of directors has no real say on anything in deference to Steve is...well strange...I am not a puppet!

7 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

He said in his Bristol Sport (catalogue of successful teams) breakfast that if relegation occured we'd all come back when we are at the top.

The moron has forgotten that Bristol City is a proud club and that LJ's highest finish in the league below (forgetting he's thick as ****) is 11th. 

We're actually sleepwalking into a L1 nightmare and he's happy to let that happen. 

Doesn't care? Are you ******* kidding me? The block has just brought us a new ground

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Unfortunately you have a point. It's not about shareholders of which I am one it's about stakeholders which we all are. Lee is utterly rubbish at his job and we as stakeholders/shareholders are of no consequence. 

I am and will remain a huge proponent of Steve. The bloke is awesome. However as a former chairman once said to me you can't fool the supporters they always work it out. (Yes it's true)

The strange situation we have that a board Of directors has no real say on anything in deference to Steve is...well strange...I am not a puppet!

We have a Board of Directors? Really you would never know it. Chairman - silence. Vice Chairman - silence. Majority shareholder meeting the press and making the most important decisions it would seem.

When they say football is a business like no other that description of the business model sums it up. And when someone as useless as LJ appears comes along and drives it into the ground without a change being made then it really is unbelievable.

Being supportive of a manager is great. Blind faith when all the evidence points to the fact that the guy is out of his depth is not. Leicester's Thai owners may be blamed for getting rid of Ranieri but if they stay up that will be forgiven in the main. If they went down with him still in charge, Premier League winning manager or not, then the consequences would be huge.

But then Ranieri wasn't a friend of the owner's son...

5 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

IMHO SL is fully responsible for this seasons shambles, I actually feel a little sorry for LJ.. has any other manager been allowed to just go on and on losing games without reprisal... should have been put out of his misery in December... 

One consistently with our club... failure!!!

This is what's is wrong with the world,  always someone else's fault.  Bottom line is Johnson is out of his depth and he's not man enough to admit it and stand down.

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"The truth hurts" eh?

Do you think it's the truth that Lansdown "doesn't care"?

Do you think it's the truth that he's a "moron"?

Do you think it's the truth that he's "happy to let that happen"?

The OP is talking utter garbage. SL has made some poor decisions but to suggest he doesn't care is clearly rubbish.

In short a huge Yes! If not LJ would be gone and we wouldn't be on the brink of another relegation. 

27 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

We have a Board of Directors? Really you would never know it. Chairman - silence. Vice Chairman - silence. Majority shareholder meeting the press and making the most important decisions it would seem.

When they say football is a business like no other that description of the business model sums it up. And when someone as useless as LJ appears comes along and drives it into the ground without a change being made then it really is unbelievable.

Being supportive of a manager is great. Blind faith when all the evidence points to the fact that the guy is out of his depth is not. Leicester's Thai owners may be blamed for getting rid of Ranieri but if they stay up that will be forgiven in the main. If they went down with him still in charge, Premier League winning manager or not, then the consequences would be huge.

But then Ranieri wasn't a friend of the owner's son...

Yup it has to be a first. On the verge of relegation and predominately due to Nepotism!!

6 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

IMHO SL is fully responsible for this seasons shambles, I actually feel a little sorry for LJ.. has any other manager been allowed to just go on and on losing games without reprisal... should have been put out of his misery in December... 

One consistently with our club... failure!!!

What about Mark Ashton? Isn't he in charge of 'all things football'?

People's blind faith to SL resembles his own blind faith towards LJ, he needs to start to be questioned. The club is unsaleable (not that i want him to sell up) because of him and his ownership of the stadium and BS and he needs to be held accountable for the mess as well at some stage.

Annoys me whenever someone dares criticise him they get accused of "not having a clue" and "where would we be wihout him"........well who knows where we would be, i remember Bournemouth being taken over by some random Russian and they aint doing too badly.

8 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Well this one stirred the virgins. 

Face it if he cared he'd stop us going down, instead he's allowing LJ to do it because his ego won't admit defeat. 

His comments at his breakfast were appalling and I can't believe we are just accepting it. 

The one where he said he ''Would not'' let us go down? 

36 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Yup it has to be a first. On the verge of relegation and predominately due to Nepotism!!

Yet he ruthlessly sacked his dad for being 18th in the league! At least GJ had achieved something. This situation beggars belief. I still think it was right to sack SC but even he must be laughing at things. 

8 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

He said in his Bristol Sport (catalogue of successful teams) breakfast that if relegation occured we'd all come back when we are at the top.

The moron has forgotten that Bristol City is a proud club and that LJ's highest finish in the league below (forgetting he's thick as ****) is 11th. 

We're actually sleepwalking into a L1 nightmare and he's happy to let that happen. 

I'm with you. SL has no real interest in BCFC. His only interest is in the vehicle that's known as Bristol Sport to get him what he wants.

I have no idea what that might be. 

A revenue stream from a number of different sources?

Land acquisition and development opportunities in an area of Bristol that was previously cheaper than the surrounding areas?

A knighthood for services to Bristol?

The one thing he hasn't achieved is a consistently good football team. And that's all I care about.

3 hours ago, AzerbaijanApeman said:

Lansdown does seem indifferent to our plight in that he's the one man in a position to pull some levers to try to change it and he's choosing not to do it.

He exhibits a clueless mentality when it comes to ownership of a football club. He's portrayed as a billionaire benefactor with the City crest stamped through his DNA but he's really just another in a long line of club owners whose attitude is "it's my club and I'll do what I want with it."

Lansdown needs to think long and hard about whether he's acting in the best long-term interests of the club. If not, then he needs to make way for someone who will.

The problem for SL (and all chairmen) is that you've got to give the manager 100% backing right up to the point where you pull the plug. Let's hope Mark Ashton is at a hotel somewhere having breakfast with Gary Rowett.  Personally I'm glad SL isn't a trigger happy chairman, but now it's time to act. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I genuinely believe Lansdown will sack Johnson when we are in the bottom 3. Which might not happen as we really should beat burton. It might be because in the contract it says he can sack him without a pay off. If that's the case, then it kind of makes sense. If we didn't have Lansdown then we'd probably be a league 1 club. And not necessarily a very good one. 

I think he's bought in to LJ lock stock and barrel, I think he has accepted we're going down and thinks LJ is the right man to re group. You literally couldn't make it up, when we've lost 1-0 to Plymouth is he going to say we need more fight, more dynamics, perhaps I need another 3 transfer windows 

I think we're down and worse I think it's been accepted at the club

11 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

I do think that it is completely unacceptable to describe Steve Lansdown as a 'moron', given what he has done for the club.  I hope that most posters on this forum would agree with me on that.  You may not agree with him, but then you don't have as much money at stake as he has, so this issue is a little more difficult for him.  Its easy to post gratuitous comments online when you don't have millions at stake.

You may also be 'thick as ****' for all I know, but I don't know you and I suspect you don't know Lee Johnson either. 

Let's debate the situation, but let's stay away from the insults.  We are not 'actually sleepwalking' anywhere.  The club is trying to turn things around.  You may not agree with what they are doing, and they may fail, but don't suggest that difficult decisions are not already being taken.

Archived