IGNORED

Lansdown doesn't care

Benjam!n Ultra

19 hours ago, phantom said:

But surely if he cared he would have stopped the current situation before now? 

If he cares so much why is he allowing such an inept manager carry on for so long? 

He cares about the Bristol Sport project

3 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

This is the truth. The whole lot belongs to BS now. Not bcfc. Not such a benefactor when you see the hard grim true landscape of how it's been swiped  

Ashton gate is owned by bristol city and run by bristol sport, not difficult to understand is it?? 

4 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Bristol Sport to start with.

Could go on........Hashtags and all this making bristol proud nonsense.

Absolute laughing stock, i's embarrassing.

The media openly took the piss with the hashtags as did the Sags and now they are plastering it everywhere followed by an emoticon crying with laughter!

1 hour ago, iamsober said:

calling SL a moron is out of order. You probably don't even know what moron means. Its about time people on here started to rally around for the next few games and giving support instead of the crap that is being written

We tried that and it doesnt work. The long term of bcfc would be better served by fans putting their energy into protesting to get johnson removed.

The title of this post is a joke right?

How can people suggest he doesn't care, given all of his PERSONAL investment?! People need to get a grip!

SL has in my view, made a big (possibly the biggest) mistake is supporting LJ for so long and firmly believe that he will weild the axe on Saturday if we don't collect three points. Then, it will be a test of his desire for us to "crack on" and progress when he appoints the next HC.

As many have said......without his investment, we would be screwed......

He deserves OUR support on Saturday along with the players.......as for LJ, let's see what the score is at 4:50pm

39 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Bristol city ltd. it's still bristol city , not bristol sport.

I was under the impression that Bristol City Holdings Ltd were a different entity to Bristol City FC as far as assets and trading were concerned? But maybe not.

Nevertheless, however you look at it there is only one person behind these various companies, including Bristol Sport, with overall ownership and I guess, that being so, he makes all the key decisions.

18 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I have much respect for SL but felt somewhat irked when he suggested that the fans shouldn't voice their opinions during the Fulham game.

I travel 4 hours each way (not to mention petrol/food/ticket costs etc) to watch the crap currently being served up and I'll voice my opinion if I want to.

I'm seriously considering calling it a day for the season, I mean what would you do if you were me?

well said  Norwich couldnt blame you at the moment

7 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

So SL doesn't do what 'you' (and other OTIB posters) want him to do so you think he's a moron?

I see, did you come up with that insult by yourself?

So, you think one post is childish and another post isn't?

The issue you have with SL pissing his money away. I'll be trite and say, 'it's his money, he can do with it what he likes'.

It is clear you, along with BU and others, don't value what SL has done for City. That you get many thumbs up for such a view, well we do live in interesting times. An ironic :clap:

That you believe that Bristol City FC is some investment vehicle for SL is quite comical. If this was the case, he'd have cut his losses and run a long time ago. 

The rest of your contribution is the real drivel.

You're a WUM plain and simple. It would be ironic if you turned out to be gash considering some of the thumbs up you've been getting.

nobody likes a smartass! don't bother insulting me I'm off to Spain for a week

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I honestly believe Lansdown isn't well, i think he's losing his marbles, its like this club is in dire circumstances and sinking faster than the titanic, but his brain is telling him all is well, either that or he's in total denial. 

I know outrageous sweeping statements and baseless claims are nothing new for a football forum, but that really is quite something. 

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I honestly believe Lansdown isn't well, i think he's losing his marbles, its like this club is in dire circumstances and sinking faster than the titanic, but his brain is telling him all is well, either that or he's in total denial. 

He is likely aware that he is shaping up as mommaluke of the century-he looked like shit on that interview......

7 hours ago, Alessandro said:

This thread makes me so sad. Yes question his decision making but not his commitment to the club.

Seems like yesterday we all arrived here in August full of hope and thanks to our Chairman:

ashton7777.jpg

Yes, it does seem like yesterday we arrived at AG to see this magnificent stand. Then we were told the top bit wouldn't be open and it'll cost £37 to sit in the lower bit. Kind of took the shine off for many...

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, it does seem like yesterday we arrived at AG to see this magnificent stand. Then we were told the top bit wouldn't be open and it'll cost £37 to sit in the lower bit. Kind of took the shine off for many...

For many?! Well the top tier wasn't signed off then was it mate but has been open many times since.

You're not happy with ticket prices? That's football.

£31 is the most expensive seat to sit in the West stand for Burton. That's cheaper than the average most expensive seat in the championship which is £36. 

So you and your other 'many's' will be happy if we go down then, save you a few pennies on a season ticket.

15 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Utter garbage. It may be his money.... But this is our club. We were here long before SL arrived and we will still be here long after he's gome. We are the ones continually let down by the result of SLs decision making. Its ludicrous to say he can do what he wants with his money when those actions are producing a piss poor product for us fans who pay hundreds every year to watch it. There comes a time when uncomfortable questions need to be asked and with a second relegation in 5 years looming, that time is now.

The real drivel is the fact that you think that SL is beyond questioning and are happy to sit back and watch us join those pennyless bunch of tramps in league 1. If that really is the case then League 1 football is what you deserve.

I thought I recognised the language Kim (until now I hadn't noticed that you had changed your name). You support the club, you don't own it - City has never been a CO-OP (something I'm glad about because I suspect that if we had guys like you running the club, we'd probably be Conference - I'll not use the word 'fact' because it's not, it's a personal view).

That you create arguments from arguments that weren't there in the first place is a good indicator that you like creating straw men. You are creating works of fiction from things that are not there. I think it's called creative writing.

As to your questioning of SL. You use personal points of view and portray your views as fact and then create questions based on those views. Guess what, not everyone buys into your view, get over yourself.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

For many?! Well the top tier wasn't signed off then was it mate but has been open many times since.

You're not happy with ticket prices? That's football.

£31 is the most expensive seat to sit in the West stand for Burton. That's cheaper than the average most expensive seat in the championship which is £36. 

So you and your other 'many's' will be happy if we go down then, save you a few pennies on a season ticket.

£31 to watch a terrible standard of football. Ouch!

On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 07:19, exAtyeoMax said:

where is Mark Ashton? What is he doing to sort out this mess…?

Mark Ashton is actually the world's first virtual C.O.O and is made entirely of pixels. The reason you can't see him is due to a computer virus he contracted after a phishing email - claiming to be from PDF Eindhoven - was accidentally opened by his PA.

13 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sadly for City, what I just said is what a lot of fans are starting to think.

Well with the 11th best average attendance in the division of about 19k, the highest it's been for over 35 years, we've still got a lot of fans happy to come and support.  

On 01/03/2017 at 02:30, phantom said:

But surely if he cared he would have stopped the current situation before now? 

If he cares so much why is he allowing such an inept manager carry on for so long? 

And why did he appoint a rookie manager in the first place ? 

He knew that he'd make mistakes with his inexperience but employed him all the same when we needed à strong hand to establish the team in the Championship.

Even when to all but SL did We look a shambles he didn't bring in that Championship experienced coach to help LJ . 

Misguided loyalty because he is now responsible for the hell that LJ is going through and crushing his fledgling coaching career into dust .

LJ , lovely bloke , not up to the job . The same could be said of SL.

2 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I thought I recognised the language Kim (until now I hadn't noticed that you had changed your name). You support the club, you don't own it - City has never been a CO-OP (something I'm glad about because I suspect that if we had guys like you running the club, we'd probably be Conference - I'll not use the word 'fact' because it's not, it's a personal view).

That you create arguments from arguments that weren't there in the first place is a good indicator that you like creating straw men. You are creating works of fiction from things that are not there. I think it's called creative writing.

As to your questioning of SL. You use personal points of view and portray your views as fact and then create questions based on those views. Guess what, not everyone buys into your view, get over yourself.

Bristol is our city . We don't physically ' own ' it but it is our ancestors, family and us who have made it what it is . 

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bristol is our city . We don't physically ' own ' it but it is our ancestors, family and us who have made it what it is . 

That's rather glib Major - you've stated a truism.

BCFC is a football club: it has an owner, it has players, it has fans and it has history.

The only thing that is constant (as long as someone doesn't **** it up and cause the club to fold) is the Club. Owners, players and fans come and go - history is made through time.

The fans are a special type of spectator - they invest their time, passion and money (not necessarily true) into the club. 

We are lucky at the moment, our owner is a fan of the club and not some plaything/investment vehicle to be cast aside when they get bored or if their investment turns to shit.

There is a view from some fans that is pure petulance - they are right, everyone else is wrong. In the past months, this can be shown to be true and is described by @spudski quite eloquently.

To say SL doesn't care is clearly a point of view. The posts put forward are clearly points of view. I gather I am still allowed to challenge peoples point of view or has OTIB changed in some way where we all have to sing from the same hymn sheet? I certainly have no problems with being challenged - if the challenge is BS, I'll tell you all about it and why - there are some who clearly don't like it.

Archived