IGNORED

Lansdown doesn't care

Benjam!n Ultra

8 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I thought I recognised the language Kim (until now I hadn't noticed that you had changed your name). You support the club, you don't own it - City has never been a CO-OP (something I'm glad about because I suspect that if we had guys like you running the club, we'd probably be Conference - I'll not use the word 'fact' because it's not, it's a personal view).

That you create arguments from arguments that weren't there in the first place is a good indicator that you like creating straw men. You are creating works of fiction from things that are not there. I think it's called creative writing.

As to your questioning of SL. You use personal points of view and portray your views as fact and then create questions based on those views. Guess what, not everyone buys into your view, get over yourself.

There are clearly two viewpoints which can be characterised as SL is our Saviour and has been and is good for City, and SL and BS are currently not good for City and  in the long term are potentially disastrous for City.  

There can be no common ground between the two positions, except coming from different directions all fans want City to thrive and do well, and, possibly, the vast majority want a change of Head Coach

In nearly 70years supporting City I cannot recall a time when there was such a diversity of opinion about the club and its future. 

As the Chinese say, we live in interesting times!

It is my opinion that Steve Landsdown should answer questions from the fans and not from a Radio Bristol presenter or even Adam Baker (he is a big fan, I know but you get what I mean)

No contrived little youtube video crap .. Answer the people that follow the club week in and week out. Those who are REALLY hurting and sick to the stomach of how this season has gone. 

Shit I'm angry

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

There are clearly two viewpoints which can be characterised as SL is our Saviour and has been and is good for City, and SL and BS are currently not good for City and  in the long term are potentially disastrous for City.  

There can be no common ground between the two positions, except coming from different directions all fans want City to thrive and do well, and, possibly, the vast majority want a change of Head Coach

In nearly 70years supporting City I cannot recall a time when there was such a diversity of opinion about the club and its future. 

As I understand it Ivor that phrase is a Chinese curse. Certainly can feel like we are cursed at the moment!

19 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Welcome to the Internet and it was JFK who said it.

8 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I thought I recognised the language Kim (until now I hadn't noticed that you had changed your name). You support the club, you don't own it - City has never been a CO-OP (something I'm glad about because I suspect that if we had guys like you running the club, we'd probably be Conference - I'll not use the word 'fact' because it's not, it's a personal view).

That you create arguments from arguments that weren't there in the first place is a good indicator that you like creating straw men. You are creating works of fiction from things that are not there. I think it's called creative writing.

As to your questioning of SL. You use personal points of view and portray your views as fact and then create questions based on those views. Guess what, not everyone buys into your view, get over yourself.

I'm sorry but what??? Works of fiction? Creative writing? Im confused.

I always base my opinions around evidence.

Lansdown is failing to act when it is clear to everybody that under our current manager we have been in relegation form since November. Thats factual.

Lansdown has spent a large sum of money on this club. Thats a fact.

We have not made any significant process on the pitch during Lansdowns time in charge.. Id say thats pretty much a fact, depending on peoples definition of progress.

Other chairman of similar sized clubs who have invested a similar sum of money have seen a much greater reward for their efforts. Brighton and Swansea are examples. Thats a fact.

It goes without saying that what I post is my personal opinion and may not be shared by everyone. I accept and respect that. But I always base my opinions around evidence and I've used the above evidence to come to my opinion.

If you disagree then fine. Feel free to challenge my view, but to accuse me of making stuff up and demanding that everyone agrees with me is utter nonsense. I fail to see what I've made up and I fail to see where I've told everyone they have to share my opinion.

34 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

That's rather glib Major - you've stated a truism.

BCFC is a football club: it has an owner, it has players, it has fans and it has history.

The only thing that is constant (as long as someone doesn't **** it up and cause the club to fold) is the Club. Owners, players and fans come and go - history is made through time.

The fans are a special type of spectator - they invest their time, passion and money (not necessarily true) into the club. 

We are lucky at the moment, our owner is a fan of the club and not some plaything/investment vehicle to be cast aside when they get bored or if their investment turns to shit.

There is a view from some fans that is pure petulance - they are right, everyone else is wrong. In the past months, this can be shown to be true and is described by @spudski quite eloquently.

To say SL doesn't care is clearly a point of view. The posts put forward are clearly points of view. I gather I am still allowed to challenge peoples point of view or has OTIB changed in some way where we all have to sing from the same hymn sheet? I certainly have no problems with being challenged - if the challenge is BS, I'll tell you all about it and why - there are some who clearly don't like it.

Mr Fink I have seen you be critical of quite a few posters on here,  including myself, when their arguments don't meet your exacting standards of logic and rationality.

What I haven't seen is you suggesting any ideas on how on earth we get out of this mess that we are currently in, be it the poor performances in the pitch, the dire  record over the past half a season, or the the significant unrest among the fans about what to do. Or are you of the opinion that it will all be alright in the end even if nothing changes? If that's the case, I would suggest you are in a very small minority.

My impression is that a large proportion of the fans are questioning more fundamental issues about the club and its ownership than ever before. They have not only lost faith in the manager, they are for the first time perhaps losing faith in this owner. 

The last relegation was disappointing but had probably been coming for a couple of years if we are honest. Relegation this time will be much harder to bear for a lot of fans, whether it was through ridiculously elevated expectations, which the club in part helped foster, or the fact that we will either be playing the Blue Few next season or worse still on minimal investment they could even swap places with us via the playoffs. That wouldn't be disappointing it would feel like humiliation to most City fans.

So what do we do we need to do oh "wise one"? 

7 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Well with the 11th best average attendance in the division of about 19k, the highest it's been for over 35 years, we've still got a lot of fans happy to come and support.  

Are you sure? 

Whichever way you look at it, unless you're really flush, ticket prices for football in this country are absurd. 

32 minutes ago, Akira said:

Are you sure? 

Whichever way you look at it, unless you're really flush, ticket prices for football in this country are absurd. 

Plus if you live at a distance it requires at least one night, if not two, in a hotel.

If you are a couple you are looking at a sizeable sum that would go a long way to a short break holiday.  You really need to know that in the game itself the team are set up properly and actually play with spirit whatever the result.

On 16/02/2017 at 21:39, BobBobSuperBob said:

The constant comparison with Villa is getting on my ******

So it's not too bad being shite because there's a big club who's also shite - great - that makes everything so much better

Theres also a point to consider that if LJ does take us back to League One the people who have supported LJ  hell or high water , clapping themselves on the back for being 'proper' supporters , and persuaded SL that fans are still behind him , will have contributed to that demise

Just a thought 

Some won't like it , but I stick with what I said above a couple of weeks ago when there were still plenty who were still fiercely defending and making excuses for LJ

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is SL due one of his 'open / question sessions ' at an away game anytime soon ?

Dont seem to have had one for a while ?

:whistle:

The suggestion is at Brighton. If so I shall be there and will definitely ask a question if allowed!!

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I'm sorry but what??? Works of fiction? Creative writing? Im confused.

I always base my opinions around evidence.

Lansdown is failing to act when it is clear to everybody that under our current manager we have been in relegation form since November. Thats factual.

Lansdown has spent a large sum of money on this club. Thats a fact.

We have not made any significant process on the pitch during Lansdowns time in charge.. Id say thats pretty much a fact, depending on peoples definition of progress.

Other chairman of similar sized clubs who have invested a similar sum of money have seen a much greater reward for their efforts. Brighton and Swansea are examples. Thats a fact.

It goes without saying that what I post is my personal opinion and may not be shared by everyone. I accept and respect that. But I always base my opinions around evidence and I've used the above evidence to come to my opinion.

If you disagree then fine. Feel free to challenge my view, but to accuse me of making stuff up and demanding that everyone agrees with me is utter nonsense. I fail to see what I've made up and I fail to see where I've told everyone they have to share my opinion.

Looks like you feel aggrieved?

I have taken a little bit from here, a little bit of there and created a bit of mischief. Do you not see the irony for taking offence?

You quite rightly point out this fact:
SL has spent a shed load of money on the club.

You are careful to use the word 'factual', when trying to make another point. Why not 'fact'?
Is it because you've woven in a personal opinion, that you believe to be correct (ignoring that SL 'might' be right to hold his opinion), into an undoubted fact of poor form?
Are you being a little bit creative with your language?

Other stuff that I find strange about your postings.
Earlier in the post you doled out a sanctimonious post criticising a poster for calling the OP a knob but it seems that you are unable to criticise the OP (or anyone else who holds views dear to your heart) for doing the same thing. Your silence is deafening.

Just why have you not called the booing OP cretinous?
If people heed his post and people boo the club through out the match, it could be damaging to the point that a loss of 3 points could be that fine line between L1 and Championship.
Your tame, 'Just don't go, that will show them' (I paraphrase), is irregular.
All I'll say is: I'm surprised considering what you've indicated.

I like some of your posts because they indicate you care about the club and they are well thought out. Other stuff, we'll have to agree to disagree.

3 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Mr Fink I have seen you be critical of quite a few posters on here,  including myself, when their arguments don't meet your exacting standards of logic and rationality.

What I haven't seen is you suggesting any ideas on how on earth we get out of this mess that we are currently in, be it the poor performances in the pitch, the dire  record over the past half a season, or the the significant unrest among the fans about what to do. Or are you of the opinion that it will all be alright in the end even if nothing changes? If that's the case, I would suggest you are in a very small minority.

My impression is that a large proportion of the fans are questioning more fundamental issues about the club and its ownership than ever before. They have not only lost faith in the manager, they are for the first time perhaps losing faith in this owner. 

The last relegation was disappointing but had probably been coming for a couple of years if we are honest. Relegation this time will be much harder to bear for a lot of fans, whether it was through ridiculously elevated expectations, which the club in part helped foster, or the fact that we will either be playing the Blue Few next season or worse still on minimal investment they could even swap places with us via the playoffs. That wouldn't be disappointing it would feel like humiliation to most City fans.

So what do we do we need to do oh "wise one"? 

Mr No Balls (see, I can deal in the inane as well), that you have not seen my ideas leads me to that you only look for what you want to see :clap:

When you use the word honesty I seriously doubt you know what it means.

As to wiseness, you are looking to the wrong person, I'm just a poster who disagrees with most of the dirge you pump out.

I admire SL.  A self made man and someone who has put his heart, soul and money into trying to improve sport in Bristol.  My question is whether one day he will decide that enough is enough and either walk away or stop pumping money in.

He has spent well over £100m, approaching 10% of his wealth.  That is not small money, even for him.  Season after season he loses another £10m+, which equates most seasons to a loss of around £40 for every person attending every game.

In return for this investment, instead of profit, success, admiration or whatever else might motivate him, he faces possibly being back where City were when took over.  Worse still, playing a local rivals he supposedly rejected and who have got to the top half of L1 with very little investment.   With profit and success gone, that just leaves admiration from fans.  But no, not even that;  more and more personal abuse and name calling for him and his son -  just look at this thread alone!  If relegation happens, that will get worse.  When, I wonder, does even a billionaire say 'bugger spending £10m a year to be insulted and told I know nothing about football'   

Here's the thing I don't get.

We have invested more money than ever in the squad

We have invested more money than ever in the stadium

Even if you think Bristol Sport is a "vehicle", SL will not get out what he's put in

99% of EFL clubs make a loss which needs underwriting

Look at Orient, Blackburn (yes I know, talking of the fall from prem), which went from local boy ownership to foreign investors and see what happened.

The owner when asked made two public statements.

So, why do people think he doesn't care? 

Because he's not doing what you want. No other reason. Same as when he was asked to do a statement pre Rotherham - he did, and some slated him because he didn't say what you wanted him to say.

By all means say he's wrong. But he doesn't care....right....

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

By all means say he's wrong. But he doesn't care....right....

To suggest someone who has invested so much money, time and personal reputation in something 'doesn't care' is beyond stupid.  However, we can all think of things in life that we care very deeply about but which arrive at a place where they cause us nothing but pain or trouble.  Saying 'I've had enough of this' and not caring are very different, but they can produce the same final outcome.  

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

Looks like you feel aggrieved?

I have taken a little bit from here, a little bit of there and created a bit of mischief. Do you not see the irony for taking offence?

You quite rightly point out this fact:
SL has spent a shed load of money on the club.

You are careful to use the word 'factual', when trying to make another point. Why not 'fact'?
Is it because you've woven in a personal opinion, that you believe to be correct (ignoring that SL 'might' be right to hold his opinion), into an undoubted fact of poor form?
Are you being a little bit creative with your language?

Other stuff that I find strange about your postings.
Earlier in the post you doled out a sanctimonious post criticising a poster for calling the OP a knob but it seems that you are unable to criticise the OP (or anyone else who holds views dear to your heart) for doing the same thing. Your silence is deafening.

Just why have you not called the booing OP cretinous?
If people heed his post and people boo the club through out the match, it could be damaging to the point that a loss of 3 points could be that fine line between L1 and Championship.
Your tame, 'Just don't go, that will show them' (I paraphrase), is irregular.
All I'll say is: I'm surprised considering what you've indicated.

I like some of your posts because they indicate you care about the club and they are well thought out. Other stuff, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Wow. You are making my head spin... Picking apart every word of my posts as if they were Wordsworth poems. Its quite surreal to read late at night.

I've stated my opinion and the reasons why I think it. Others agree, some don't. I'm really not up for psychological profiling so lets leave it at that.

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, it does seem like yesterday we arrived at AG to see this magnificent stand. Then we were told the top bit wouldn't be open and it'll cost £37 to sit in the lower bit. Kind of took the shine off for many...

13 hours ago, Alessandro said:

For many?! Well the top tier wasn't signed off then was it mate but has been open many times since.

You're not happy with ticket prices? That's football.

£31 is the most expensive seat to sit in the West stand for Burton. That's cheaper than the average most expensive seat in the championship which is £36. 

So you and your other 'many's' will be happy if we go down then, save you a few pennies on a season ticket.

Neither of you have got this right.

The most expensive ticket of all, for a non-member for a gold category game, is £41.

For the Burton game, the most expensive ticket is £36 for a non-member. The £31 is members price.

Personally I do think West Stand tickets are overpriced, but when you consider our average attendance this season in the face of truly diabolical form, you'd probably have to say the club got the pricing strategy about right.

And I don't know why people continue to throw their toys out of the pram about the top tier, it makes perfect sense when the stadium is well below capacity to prioritise the lower bowl, for both operating costs and atmosphere - just like they do at comparable grounds like Villa and Cardiff.

I have been vocal in trying to point out early in that Lansdown needs to be held accountable for his years and years of footballing failure BUT I sincerely believe he cares as much as anyone and nieces that everything he does inot the clubs gest interests. I do not want him to walk away, only come to the realisation that he himself does not have a clue when it comes to professional football.

If I suddenly became a billionaire I would love to buy city and pump millions in, but I'm fully aware of the support and people I would need.  Richard Branson was a master of delegation. Yes he is the unstoppable passion and drive but he is unashamed in his confession that he doesn't technically know a lot and just appoints the right people.

To be clear, Lansdown in, but come on mate step away get the right people in and listen. 

Finally, if you are sincere in your belief that you want premiership football, the bad news is it is going to cost you, the good news is it'll be no more than what you've already pissed away.

15 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Mr No Balls (see, I can deal in the inane as well), that you have not seen my ideas leads me to that you only look for what you want to see :clap:

As to wiseness, you are looking to the wrong person, I'm just a poster who disagrees with most of the dirge you pump out.

Yet again no answers other than cheap criticism of a fellow poster rather than actually engage in anything constructive.

16 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I didn't use the word honesty in my post, you did. So thanks for obfuscating and questioning mine without reason into the process. Do you enjoy attacking other posters?

If President Trump ever has to ditch Sean Spicer as his press secretary...

Time for a few facts :

1      SL has funded a new stadium for BRISTOL SPORT not BCFC

2      BCFC are only a part of Bristol Sport. It makes not a huge difference to Bristol Sport if BCFC are in the first division or championship.

3      SL says he cares but clearly not enough to sack his son's best mate.

Conclusion.....suck it up because SL will do what he wants when he wants. Ashton Gate is no longer the sole domain of BCFC, it is the home of Bristol Sport.

12 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

Time for a few facts :

1      SL has funded a new stadium for BRISTOL SPORT not BCFC

2      BCFC are only a part of Bristol Sport. It makes not a huge difference to Bristol Sport if BCFC are in the first division or championship.

3      SL says he cares but clearly not enough to sack his son's best mate.

Conclusion.....suck it up because SL will do what he wants when he wants. Ashton Gate is no longer the sole domain of BCFC, it is the home of Bristol Sport.

Bristol Sport don't own ashton gate ether, Ashton Gate Holdings owns ashton gate https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01501663/officers 

Archived