IGNORED

Danny Wilson - where it all started

NickJ

On 3/1/2017 at 23:41, Benjam!n Ultra said:

No. It's that SL asked us to trust him on his judgement to replace Wilson with Tinnion, who transformed one of, if not the, best footballing sides at that level into a team destined for League 2. 

So why should we have ever have trusted him on managerial appointments afterwards is the point. 

accept he appointed gary johnson who got us out of league one to a play-off final and never finished outside the top 10, you know the best city managers in a very long time, but lets not let facts get in the way of a good rant

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

accept he appointed gary johnson who got us out of league one to a play-off final and never finished outside the top 10, you know the best city managers in a very long time, but lets not let facts get in the way of a good rant

What are you going on about?

The post I replied to misinterpreted the OP, I was explaining the point being made. 

EDIT - Unless I've now misinterpreted your post as an argument against the OP and not my clarification.  

19 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The Bristol Sport concept is not similar to Barcelona. Not at its grass roots, not at is apex. Fans cannot be voting members and have a say in its operation. It is a oddity with no obvious models to parallel.

Bristol Sport little community prescience ... That is from somebody heavily involved in grass roots football. 

Out of interest. How did the clubs accounts look in the years leading up to Mr Lansdowns take over? Using those accounts how would BCFC end up like STFC?

STFC were caught out for financial irregularity. BCFC are far as I know under John Laycock were a very tight and clean ship.

The above is no dig at Mr Lansdown. I believe the club is financially secure with its owner, the appointment of Managers and Coaches I feel should be entrusted to people versed in football rather than finance.

It's common knowledge that SL was impressed with the way sport Barcelona is overseen and from that came up with Bristol Sport

I cant remember if he actually said that or that I read it but Barca is where the idea originated from.

Of course the Barca concept is different in many ways. They've been accustomed to it for decades and it's developed  into what it is now. Over time BS will become established and evolve in the same way.

Why you have to split hairs is beyond me...........:facepalm:

The thing is if the Wilson team of that era were to play the team of today, on paper you would say the team of today would win, but out on the pitch with the likes of Tinnion, Murray, Carey and Bell there would be only one winners.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's common knowledge that SL was impressed with the way sport Barcelona is overseen and from that came up with Bristol Sport

I cant remember if he actually said that or that I read it but Barca is where the idea originated from.

Of course the Barca concept is different in many ways. They've been accustomed to it for decades and it's developed  into what it is now. Over time BS will become established and evolve in the same way.

Why you have to split hairs is beyond me...........:facepalm:

Steve Lansdown may be  impressed by Barcelona. Most would be. But the Bristol Sport concept is a polar opposite. That is factual not nit picking. Where have you read or heard Bristol Sport will evolve in the same manner? 

Barcelona's commitment to grassroots football is enormous via its satellite centres and regional coaching philosophy.

Bristol Sport?

How did the clubs accounts look in the years leading up to Mr Lansdowns take over? Using those accounts how would BCFC end up like STFC?  

I wont be clicking the emoticons in reply.  

11 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Steve Lansdown may be  impressed by Barcelona. Most would be. But the Bristol Sport concept is a polar opposite. That is factual not nit picking. Where have you read or heard Bristol Sport will evolve in the same manner? 

Barcelona's commitment to grassroots football is enormous via its satellite centres and regional coaching philosophy.

Bristol Sport?

How did the clubs accounts look in the years leading up to Mr Lansdowns take over? Using those accounts how would BCFC end up like STFC?  

You're still spitting hairs Cowshed......ffs!..........:facepalm:

But.....none of us can predict how BS will develop and expand over the next decade and beyond but one thing is for sure - that without an acorn, mighty oaks don't grow, if you can grasp the point I'm making.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're still spitting hairs Cowshed......ffs!..........:facepalm:

But.....none of us can predict how BS will develop and expand over the next decade and beyond but one thing is for sure - that without an acorn, mighty oaks don't grow, if you can grasp the point I'm making.

I do not grasp the point you are making. You are attempting to communicate a view that something intrinsically different to Barcelonas sporting model will evolve into something similar. It is not hair splitting to highlight how different the models are and ask why and how?

As i expected you could not answer even one question. Those less charitable would suggest you are making things up and trying to hide behind emoticons when caught out. Kids do that.

20 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I do not grasp the point you are making. You are attempting to communicate a view that something intrinsically different to Barcelonas sporting model will evolve into something similar. It is not hair splitting to highlight how different the models are and ask why and how?

As i expected you could not answer even one question. Those less charitable would suggest you are making things up and trying to hide behind emoticons when caught out. Kids do that.

I'm really tempted to give you some zeds.......in fact I will.......:sleeping:

Z z z z z z z z z z 

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 07:09, Robbored said:

NickJ has had a resentment towards Lansdown for years so to see him come out criticise when his appointed manager is truggling is no surprise.

That is an idiotic comment you should get back on ziderheads where I can properly abuse you.

For a start, I criticized the appointment of Johnson within hours not just now he is struggling - post 29 on 5 February 2016:

and, post 13 on 7 February 2016:

I could go on with other similar posts, even after he "saved us" (no he did not) from relegation.

As for Steve Lansdown, I have no resentment, I do not have time for such pettiness.

The fact is I have challenged Steve's changes to the ownership of the stadium and similar.

When Steve said we had to move to Ashton Vale as Ashton Gate was not viable, I was in a very small minority that disagreed. Who was right. Me, as it turns out.

I also for example ridiculed the appointment of Steve's son as MD or whatever he was and his 5 pillars. If you thought it was a good idea, more fool you.

I criticized the appointment of SOD early on and LJ right from the start because I could see both were unlikely to be good managers, not because I dislike SL.

So get this right, I have no resentment of Steve Lansdown, he's a decent chap, but I don't just blindly follow everything that he says as being for the good of Bristol City.

Get back to slagging off conference managers.

On 2/3/2017 at 00:16, NickJ said:

Laycock was ousted by Steve Lansdown as chairman who sacked Wilson and told us: "Trust me on Tinnion". I was at Swansea and felt really sorry for Tins.

Fully expecting abuse from some quarters, but nevertheless discuss, and justify on what grounds our owner should have himself been trusted to select a manager after that.

The battle cry was, in fact: "Judge me on Tinnion". 

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 16:47, Robbored said:

Looks like I touched a nerve there Nick.

Not at all. I'm right and you're wrong as proved by the facts I have stated.

You said GJ was a shit conference manager. Ha ha.

No, he was a very good manager who dragged this club up and was undone by his admirable but misguided loyalty to his son who was a shit player.

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 23:36, Red-Robbo said:

So, the OP's assertion is that we should have given Wilson a fifth season to fail to get us out of L1, whilst ignoring Leroy Lita and allowing players to get pissed up?

I disagree.

Leyroy who? What did that blagger ever really do.

Pissed up? I couldn't give a shit what players do in their spare time. I suppose you are one of these new breed of "players are athletes and must give their lives to the sport". You aren't wrong but you aren't right either.

I'd much rather see 15 blokes who are clearly mates and have a regular drink together but work their nuts off on the pitch and have a real affinity for their club than what we see nowadays.

17 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Pissed up? I couldn't give a shit what players do in their spare time. I suppose you are one of these new breed of "players are athletes and must give their lives to the sport". You aren't wrong but you aren't right either.

I'd much rather see 15 blokes who are clearly mates and have a regular drink together but work their nuts off on the pitch and have a real affinity for their club than what we see nowadays.

15 blokes on the piss together? Don't think Johnsons tried that formation yet! Still, 10 games to go, were bound to see it!

18 minutes ago, NickJ said:

That "blagger" was playing in the Premier League two seasons later and everyone apart from Danny seemed to be able to see he was too good to be used as just an impact sub - r in the case of the play-off final, not even included.

It was that one match that really killed off his time here. 

3 minutes ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

15 blokes on the piss together? Don't think Johnsons tried that formation yet! Still, 10 games to go, were bound to see it!

Now you're just taking the piss about my serious point about chaps on the piss. And there was me trying to have a serious conversation.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Not at all. I'm right and you're wrong as proved by the facts I have stated.

You said GJ was a shit conference manager. Ha ha.

No, he was a very good manager who dragged this club up and was undone by his admirable but misguided loyalty to his son who was a shit player.

Nick, don't get me started on GJ ffs..........:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That "blagger" was playing in the Premier League two seasons later and everyone apart from Danny seemed to be able to see he was too good to be used as just an impact sub - r in the case of the play-off final, not even included.

It was that one match that really killed off his time here. 

Judged on one mistake in one match?

If indeed it was a mistake, We have all heard the rumours.

Hail the Lansdown.

1 minute ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

One mistake in a play off final,( and it was a massive mistake!), he gets the sack!  At least Lansdown has learnt the art of patience now!

I heard there was a good reason not to start the arrogant ****. I do hope I don't get sued for that in the morning!

As for Steve, is it patience? Or something else?

Archived