IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Burton Albion Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I`m sorry, but I still don`t see your logic, and I`ve had enough of trying to.

Don't bother commenting then, the logic is simple... first SC and the board didn't strengthen where we needed to, the squad was pretty much threadbare and then LJ/MA bought a load of players who may/may not be good enough, its not hard to comprehend is it?

One of the saddest things about this mess is that when LJ does eventually go, as the managerial merry go round continues (whether we go down or not), how will SL and club win a large percentage of the fans back.  If Otib is a reliable cross section of views of the whole fan base, then this club has a lot of work to do - which will only be harder to achieve if we do go down.  And even if LJ turns this mess around and starts to win games again - will it even make a difference to the fans that want him gone? It seems the damage is to far gone to be fixed by LJ.

I admired SL's determination to break the mold of constantly changing the manager when things go badly, but i really cant see how this is going to get any better - clearly the last few months have proved that this team under its current management/Tactics etc etc is only heading in one direction and the bit that confuses me the most is despite what is becoming more obvious with each game, SL is sticking with Lee but then makes statements that he will not allow us to go down.  You'd like to believe that if he had made changes in December/January time, all of this could have been avoided - but as is football, nothing is guaranteed i suppose.

As each game passes though, we are becoming more and more reliant on other results to go our way to save our Championship status rather than being the makers of our own destiny to fight to stay up. 

I really dont know where this goes from here as clearly SL is continuing to back LJ for the foreseeable.

6 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

According to Lee:

- It's a positive point

- Wasn't a lack of effort

- We go again

- We played like it was a cup final

Oh bugger this. Not listening anymore.

He said that?  Clown!  A positive point?  In what way, Lee?  Losing would have us in the bottom 3, a point puts us......in the bottom 3!  Teflon Johnson......

Edited by BanburyRed
1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Well that was obvious considering we missed a pen

And they missed an open goal.

Forget the minutiae of individual games; we're here after LJ has had two windows, significant investment, plenty of time with the current squad, and all the rest.

We are now in the bottom three; I don't believe that if we cannot beat Burton at home (after we beat them away first part of the season, as we did Villa, Leeds and Fulham too) at this point, then we are unlikely to get the wins we need to get out of it.

As I've said; we might go down with someone else in as head coach, but I believe we are more likely to than not with LJ in charge.

• Like 2

Don't bother commenting then, the logic is simple... first SC and the board didn't strengthen where we needed to, the squad was pretty much threadbare and then LJ/MA bought a load of players who may/may not be good enough, its not hard to comprehend is it?

You are ******* demented.

• Like 3
  • Listening to LJ post match interview, he doesn't sound like a man who's nervous about loosing his job. I get the impression he's been given a guarantee he'll be here next season. Hope I am wrong but that's what I read between the lines. Please Steve, sort this out ASAP

What, we didn't strengthen where it was needed in the summer of that season, I think it was evident that the squad needed beefing up. LJ/MA and SC from last season are all culpable for this... its been a **** up since we got promoted? No?

I can promise you one thing, had SC had a fraction of the commercial support afforded to the current manager , the squad would not have been as you call it "threadbare"

even not withstanding that, LJ has had a full season and a squad he has assembled himself

nobody else to blame at all

there are literally  £15 to £20m reasons why your SC association with whats happening now is unfair.

finally i can also promise you that SCs only serious forrey into the transfer market (kodjia) will realise significantly more profit than the equal funds provided for Engval.

Im not here to blown warm air up SC backside it wont make any difference now, but he operated with almost a transfer surplus if you include the kodjia sale.

Measure  that with the man you are now comparing him to.

• Like 4

There is no logic, this is his team, his team selections, his substitutions and this total mess is 5 months in the making and it's his and his coaches mess end of, if he was capable of turning it around he would have started that by now, blaming everybody other than our useless manager and his coaches and our dictator is nonsense.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

No; No No. the only person who is not good enough is Lee Johnson, he knows nothing about getting passion and the will to win into any player at the club and how much longer will you go on backing him, probably until the club is in the National League.  When will you see that you are blind to what is going on at our beloved club, Shame on you!

11 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

What, we didn't strengthen where it was needed in the summer of that season, I think it was evident that the squad needed beefing up. LJ/MA and SC from last season are all culpable for this... its been a **** up since we got promoted? No?

He might still be paid by the club but SC has no role In the current shambles. He left a YEAR  ago.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

I can promise you one thing, had SC had a fraction of the commercial support afforded to the current manager , the squad would not have been as you call it "threadbare"

even not withstanding that, LJ has had a full season and a squad he has assembled himself

nobody else to blame at all

there are literally  £15 to £20m reasons why your SC association with whats happening now is unfair.

finally i can also promise you that SCs only serious forrey into the transfer market (kodjia) will realise significantly more profit than the equal funds provided for Engval.

Im not here to blown warm air up SC backside it wont make any difference now, but he operated with almost a transfer surplus if you include the kodjia sale.

Measure  that with the man you are now comparing him to.

Ok to be straight there is no comparisons, they are all at fault for the relegation battles over the last couple seasons

4 minutes ago, City_USA said:
  • Listening to LJ post match interview, he doesn't sound like a man who's nervous about loosing his job. I get the impression he's been given a guarantee he'll be here next season. Hope I am wrong but that's what I read between the lines. Please Steve, sort this out ASAP

I had the same impression. The bloke is bullet proof and it's killing the club. Totally nonsensical.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Show me where I've said it'll be worse. I want to know who's lined up to take over and who'll put the money in.

Everything is so

secretive with SL

and his team who knows

If you ask me professionally what I would do it would be advertise interview and appoint