IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Burton Albion Match Day Thread

Controversial:

Every little helps (or hurts) as they say.... just a small thing but I can't  imagine that the bland, sterile, gray, uninspiring finishes to our new dressing rooms can possible do anything to help lift the gloom that must be pervading our teams half time and full time talks and inquests.....  something other than Lee Johnson's erm, passion, is needed in there and a simple lick of uplifting lively coloured paint surely wouldn't  do any harm... psychologically environmental colours are known to affect mood and I cant imagine much thought was given to that at the design stage of our dressing rooms.. get the brushes, rollers and vinyl silk out... what's to lose? 

.... we need some pumped up passion in there, everything just feels too clinical (except for our penalty taking ;) )and generally around the place. Do we have any stirring music pumping through the changing rooms at times for instance? ... surely anything's worth trying?

Edited by WhistleHappy
1 minute ago, tts_city said:

Times gone by there would have been outraged fans outside the williams giving the board/manager both barrels, these days we get a few seconds booing final whistle and shuffle off home and they have the neck to be pissed off with that, im only late 40's, the change is a strange thing for me.

Everyone can see that SL is not taking any notice of the fans, so that would just be a waste of time and the fans know it.  SL is convinced that Lee Johnson is the man to take us to the promised land and if that is via League 1 so be it.  The logic of this escapes me, but who knows what goes on in the boardroom?

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Witty and adult response... :blink:

Mate you are not making any sense with your replies, you are blaming everybody and anybody apart from the 1 (maybe 3 people) who will one day be eventually sacked, SL and MA are fire proof, the manager and usually the coaches pay the price, that's football and always will be, blaming SC is utter utter nonsense, employing LJ in the first place is and will always be the problem, he was, is and always will be out of his depth, your defence makes no sense which is why nobody agrees with you.

I can understand you getting angry with people who abused you, I never did that so getting angry with me is a little bit silly and deserved a silly response.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Everyone can see that SL is not taking any notice of the fans, so that would just be a waste of time and the fans know it.  SL is convinced that Lee Johnson is the man to take us to the promised land and if that is via League 1 so be it.  The logic of this escapes me, but who knows what goes on in the boardroom?

Well i have heard on fairly good authority that the only person supporting LJ in the board is SL, its been that way for months, I also  and i really really hope it isnt true heard today that even if we go down hes going nowhere, i live in hope its bollox i really do, its unthinkable for me.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Mate you are not making any sense with your replies, you are blaming everybody and anybody apart from the 1 (maybe 3 people) who will one day be eventually sacked, SL and MA are fire proof, the manager and usually the coaches pay the price, that's football and always will be, blaming SC is utter utter nonsense, employing LJ in the first place is and will always be the problem, he was, is and always will be out of his depth, your defence makes no sense which is why nobody agrees with you.

I can understand you getting angry with people who abused you, I never did that so getting angry with me is a little bit silly and deserved a silly response.

Did you even bothered to read my posts, I said MA, LJ, SL (Board) and SC are to blame for the last 2 seasons, the relegation battles, SC's battle with the board... the transfer fiascos and so on. There was no comparisons,  I never said once that SL and MA are fireproof... It wasn't even a defence of LJ FFS it was to show that all parties are culpable for the constant struggle we are in and its been a chain reaction from the start of last season.

There was no need for the abuse (I know not from you) but I'm pissed off with it! Same shit, different day from OTIB

10 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Times gone by there would have been outraged fans outside the williams giving the board/manager both barrels, these days we get a few seconds booing final whistle and shuffle off home and they have the neck to be pissed off with that, im only late 40's, the change is a strange thing for me.

Passion killing football environment in stadiums to blame IMO .... same theme as my post about the depressing dressing room environment... everything needs a 'lift' somehow.. far too clinical nowadays..

2 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Well i have heard on fairly good authority that the only person supporting LJ in the board is SL, its been that way for months, I also  and i really really hope it isnt true heard today that even if we go down hes going nowhere, i live in hope its bollox i really do, its unthinkable for me.

Yes, I truly think you are right, whatever happens SL will not budge on his appointment,  it's a crying shame after investing so much money into the team and the stadium, to me it is beyond belief.

If we weren't in a relegation dogfight that would have just gone down as one of those games where luck wasn't on our side (apart from when that Burton player miseed an open goal!).

In the context of the way our season is going it was a pretty disastrous result and 2 points dropped against a stubborn but poor Burton side. I felt pretty sick as the second half wore on because it just seemed inevitable that we wouldn't get the win.

So, according to LJ, the fans were booing the result and not him and the players ? 

Really ? You really must be on a different planet to those of us at the game.

OK, good first 10 minutes and good last 10 minutes, but pretty clueless otherwise. The players may be trying, but there is no cohesion, no awareness of each other on the pitch, but more importantly....no leadership, no width, no pace on the flanks and most importantly - no strategy to try and win the game. That my friends come from the touch line and has been lacking all season. 

All LJ seems capable of is trying to chuck a different set of players on the pitch every week in the hope that something may work. That is plan A, with no plan B. 

Sadly I am resigned to Relegation with this Manager.....sigh.....and it seems SL is too....

4 minutes ago, Wellspokenman said:

So, according to LJ, the fans were booing the result and not him and the players ? 

Really ? You really must be on a different planet to those of us at the game.

OK, good first 10 minutes and good last 10 minutes, but pretty clueless otherwise. The players may be trying, but there is no cohesion, no awareness of each other on the pitch, but more importantly....no leadership, no width, no pace on the flanks and most importantly - no strategy to try and win the game. That my friends come from the touch line and has been lacking all season. 

All LJ seems capable of is trying to chuck a different set of players on the pitch every week in the hope that something may work. That is plan A, with no plan B. 

Sadly I am resigned to Relegation with this Manager.....sigh.....and it seems SL is too....

Are you me?

You've literally summed up my exact feelings, post-match and post-LJ's terrible interview.

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Are you me?

You've literally summed up my exact feelings, post-match and post-LJ's terrible interview.

OddBallJim.....fancy applying as a joint Manager with me ? 

I just wish LJ could come and sit in the stands once in while to get a true perspective of his "game plan" ...

1 hour ago, tts_city said:

I will wake up tomorrow morning check the web and still he wont be gone, like some kind of ongoing daytime/nightime mare. I didnt go today, i have a season ticket mind, fan for over 30 years, im not going on tuesday either, its my birthday as well, where am i going ? out with the wife/kids. i swear to god im not going back until he has ****** off, its not the bristol city i know and love lately, bad luck ? fine margins ? not for five ******* months its not, sad times.

You, me and quite a few others by the sound it?!

Seen us play worse this season (often). There seemed a decent amount of effort. Should have won it really as Burton were no great shakes with anything to worry about. They were however more organised than us and there stems the root of our problems. 

I feel Bryan needs to be sent to Bury/Fleetwood as his confidence has gone and 3 games in a week is asking to much of Wilbs. 

Bobby Reid is neither a good offensive or defensive player and anyone who thinks he should play ahead of Brownhill or Patterson is deluding themselves with local pride. 

Tomlin is an enigma. He had the potential to win matches alone but when it's not going his way he gets worse and worse as his temper goes. Drops back to far and gets in way of Smith/O'Neil and leaves Wilbs isolated. 

A good Coach would know all this and I'm not even that. Just somebody whose played and watched a bit of football for along time. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Wellspokenman said:

OddBallJim.....fancy applying as a joint Manager with me ? 

I just wish LJ could come and sit in the stands once in while to get a true perspective of his "game plan" ...

Would be happy to. We could be like the Cowley brothers at Lincoln :laugh:

I wish LJ could sit in the stands to see that playing one "target-man" striker against 4 deep-sitting, limited defenders is just not the answer. Movement, intent and off the ball creativity from Matty Taylor was exactly what we needed today.

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Would be happy to. We could be like the Cowley brothers at Lincoln :laugh:

I wish LJ could sit in the stands to see that playing one "target-man" striker against 4 deep-sitting, limited defenders is just not the answer. Movement, intent and off the ball creativity from Matty Taylor was exactly what we needed today.

Why didn't he start Taylor with Wilbraham? You can see that Taylor has the desire and energy to back it up. 

Crazy to put LT up there (tho may have had a different view if that LT volley had gone in early doors), needs to sit in the middle & do the simple thing.

Hegeler still on the bench, because Johnson doesn't know how to use him..what a waste!

Reid, Bryan way under par today.

Come on Mr L pull your finger out!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

Why didn't he start Taylor with Wilbraham? You can see that Taylor has the desire and energy to back it up. 

Crazy to put LT up there (tho may have had a different view if that LT volley had gone in early doors), needs to sit in the middle & do the simple thing.

Hegeler still on the bench, because Johnson doesn't know how to use him..what a waste!

Reid, Bryan way under par today.

Come on Mr L pull your finger out!

Spot on with your comments there fella.

Bobby Reid... dear lord. I don't want to launch into a critical attack of him... but my god man. You were absoloute pants today!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Spot on with your comments there fella.

Bobby Reid... dear lord. I don't want to launch into a critical attack of him... but my god man. You were absoloute pants today!

OddBallJim, we like the Spice Girls.....when two become One....

spot on again with your view and agree also with Der No. 2.

The problem is this.....

When players don't know if they are coming or going, because quite frankly their Manager doesn't have a scoobie, and one bad game sees them out for 4 weeks, they have no confidence and end up trying to just play for their place and not the team. Also shite when they come back in a different position !

So...No management equals no team play and no confidence ....

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Wellspokenman said:

OddBallJim, we like the Spice Girls.....when two become One....

spot on again with your view and agree also with Der No. 2.

The problem is this.....

When players don't know if they are coming or going, because quite frankly their Manager doesn't have a scoobie, and one bad game sees them out for 4 weeks, they have no confidence and end up trying to just play for their place and not the team. Also shite when they come back in a different position !

So...No management equals no team play and no confidence ....

Seldom does one meet another who understands the beautiful game in the same way.

Wellspokenman, I doff my cap to you.

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Seldom does one meet another who understands the beautiful game in the same way.

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

My good friend....I will quoff my Champagne in your honour.....

• Like 1
4 hours ago, redapple said:

Seen us play worse this season (often). There seemed a decent amount of effort. Should have won it really as Burton were no great shakes with anything to worry about. They were however more organised than us and there stems the root of our problems. 

I feel Bryan needs to be sent to Bury/Fleetwood as his confidence has gone and 3 games in a week is asking to much of Wilbs. 

Bobby Reid is neither a good offensive or defensive player and anyone who thinks he should play ahead of Brownhill or Patterson is deluding themselves with local pride. 

Tomlin is an enigma. He had the potential to win matches alone but when it's not going his way he gets worse and worse as his temper goes. Drops back to far and gets in way of Smith/O'Neil and leaves Wilbs isolated. 

A good Coach would know all this and I'm not even that. Just somebody whose played and watched a bit of football for along time. 

Interesting

But why do feel that a player whom you disregard at city would improve Fleetwoods current team ? 

Their form is about as good as citys is bad