IGNORED

Can someone tell me...

spudski

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

So what's so great about it....apart from people paying money to watch it and moan...or cheer when we've scored a goal. You think our 'support is great? It's on a par with our results...piss poor.

People blame the team and coach...but can never take criticism when due. Our support is shit. You're blinkered to think otherwise. It was like a library today. No support...no effort. You can blame the team and LJ as much as you want....yes they have been crap...but so are the fans. They sit in silence and just moan...or cheer when we score. When do they 'get up for it' before a game? They expect the players to do it...but they don't.

Sorry mate...but this forum is full of shite. It's just a love in to whoever can moan the most about the current situation. No support...just negative, moan moan, moan.

How many threads do you want on ways of getting LJ out and moans about the performance?

I haven't read one credible post on what could be the answer...just moans and negative comments...and 'sack LJ'...with not one gauaranteed answer to what could get us out of the shit. It's easy moaning and saying it's shit...and blaming everyone at the club...but not one credible solution.

With respect, your embarrassing yourself.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I do applaud people that stand by their convictions, a trait that is admirable.  The usually coherent poster is now sounding like a BS stooge now though.

I admit I was wrong in my full support  at the start of the season, I was almost evangelical in my praise of LJ and BS.  

I was an idiot.

You sir have been hoodwinked! Well a hell of a lot of us were, so don't worry. 

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

So what's so great about it....apart from people paying money to watch it and moan...or cheer when we've scored a goal. You think our 'support is great? It's on a par with our results...piss poor.

People blame the team and coach...but can never take criticism when due. Our support is shit. You're blinkered to think otherwise. It was like a library today. No support...no effort. You can blame the team and LJ as much as you want....yes they have been crap...but so are the fans. They sit in silence and just moan...or cheer when we score. When do they 'get up for it' before a game? They expect the players to do it...but they don't.

Sorry mate...but this forum is full of shite. It's just a love in to whoever can moan the most about the current situation. No support...just negative, moan moan, moan.

How many threads do you want on ways of getting LJ out and moans about the performance?

I haven't read one credible post on what could be the answer...just moans and negative comments...and 'sack LJ'...with not one gauaranteed answer to what could get us out of the shit. It's easy moaning and saying it's shit...and blaming everyone at the club...but not one credible solution.

I have some sympathy regarding our quiet support, but it's not the time to criticise us in my opinion. 

Our players should be able to do their jobs with or without us. Most football teams the word over have no fans at all. My plumber certainly doesn't need me singing his praises when he fixes my broken tap.

Yes, I'm being a little bit silly, but the fans aren't at all the reason for our predicament. 

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

The solution IMHO is to get rid of a totally incompetent head coach

Secondly get someone who knows and understands football to identify and appoint the next one

Our 'support' is no different from any other club and far more patient than most - The geordies would have tipped SJP to rubble by now

Youve made excuse after excuse for LJ - But where's YOUR solution ?

(Because I've not read one) 

( Aside from blaming bad luck , small margins ,  the players , mainly the fans and proclaiming that sacking manager after manager achieves nothing ) 

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

Sorry Spud. Always try to find the common ground with you but literally no idea where you get this from - politely (excluding the inane nastiness of fly by night posters) this is probably the most ridiculous thing I've read from a reasoned contributor on here in my life. Did you see the pass and move that Burton managed pretty much every time they had the ball? Why have we not managed that for half a year? Why couldn't we pass or move the way we did?

I agree that some people will use any reason to slaughter LJ, but if you can't see it getting any better than today's performance and use the penalty and the disallowed goal as a measure of our near success then your recent comments about detachment from City is probably warranted. We were a far poorer footballing side the Burton in every respect today and while Tomlin has had a horrific performance, to claim a pass for LJ today is beyond ridiculous.

By the way, I heard nothing but positive support from the Dolman and Atyeo for the entire 90 minutes. I was amazed how much people anywhere I could hear heeded the request of the owner to keep the negativity under wraps. Sorry if people were horrible where you sit but changing the story to one of fans being a disgrace is really beyond the pale for me. I enjoy and learn from your point of view but I can't agree with a single thing you have written.

Because we are shite mate...plus it wasn't one fan. It got nasty in many places today. Many stories in the pub after of such like. Teams shit...managers lost it....fans are useless too. The whole season across the club...fans included, is a disgrace.

Plus...I've not backed LJ in any of my posts in this thread....yet many want to see it that way. so many want to fight and argue.

I said in my OP he needs to go now.

1 minute ago, Tears in rain said:

You sir have been hoodwinked! Well a hell of a lot of us were, so don't worry. 

I should have known!  40 bloody years and I fell for it, well **** them to be honest.  We've had excuses in the past, this time none.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Brilliant post Spud.  Completely agree. Unless you're vehemently 'LJ out' and slag the club to the heavens you're labelled a troll or a sag.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Because we are shite mate...plus it wasn't one fan. It got nasty in many places today. Many stories in the pub after of such like. Teams shit...managers lost it....fans are useless too. The whole season across the club...fans included, is a disgrace.

Plus...I've not backed LJ in any of my posts in this thread....yet many want to see it that way. so many want to fight and argue.

I said in my OP he needs to go now.

How much noise did spudski make? Or was he like the many others hoping others would make noise he could join in with?

4 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Brilliant post Spud.  Completely agree. Unless you're vehemently 'LJ out' and slag the club to the heavens you're labelled a troll or a sag.

Or people can't accept how wrong they've been

Still at least you finally found someone to cling to tonight @Rednwhiterob

Did you go today ?

2 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Isn't this a bit like Farage liking anything Trump says?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The solution IMHO is to get rid of a totally incompetent head coach

Secondly get someone who knows and understands football to identify and appoint the next one

Our 'support' is no different from any other club and far more patient than most - The geordies would have tipped SJO to rubble by now

Youve made excuse after excuse for LJ - But where's YOUR solution ? 

( Aside from blaming bad luck , small margins ,  the players , mainly the fans and proclaiming that sacking manager after manager achieves nothing ) 

Read my OP...I said he needs to go...you're just on an offensive and want to argue with anyone who puts up an argument that doesn't suit. Calm down mate....you have been seriously losing it this past month. You were once a calm and reasoned poster...now it seems your on a mission of destruction.

Not being funny...but i'm not the only one to notice it.

I respect your opinions....but seriously mate...how many posts, on the same subject in such a short space of time?...take a look and reflect. :thumbsup:

I think we're pretty tolerant considering the poor faire and abject performances on the pitch.

At the start if this bad run the performances were there and we were competing, now, sadly getting the odd 45 minutes is where we're at so it's slipping away and pretty soon even the odd good half won't be happening.

Mark my words without the change we will next get a tonking by 4 or 5 or maybe more such is the malaise.

I cannot work out why we went to a back three today knowing full well that he'll switch to a back four for Tuesday.

Yet another change.

Playing a three is very hard on the defensive unit without the necessary cover.

The three have to cover more ground sideways without the cover of a full back.

The wing backs have that energy sapping stint of up and down the wings all day so does this mean Bryan and Cotterell will be rested for Tuesday?  Probably not, so look out for a below par performance from both of them Tuesday.

Its madness.

Yes you could say we were unlucky today but if you're doing the right things by the law of averages we should make our own luck and prevail.

But even that's not happening.

20,000 fans can't all be wrong.

Our luck must turn soon? 

Our luck will not turn with him in charge. He's out of his depth and clutching at straws.

If by some miraculous event we stay up this season it won't be because of him.

32 minutes ago, spudski said:

Read my OP...I said he needs to go...you're just on an offensive and want to argue with anyone who puts up an argument that doesn't suit. Calm down mate....you have been seriously losing it this past month. You were once a calm and reasoned poster...now it seems your on a mission of destruction.

you have been excusing him relentlessly for months ((As you did with SOD)

You have been making snide and embarrassing comments about supporters , posters , including things happening in their personal lives for weeks

LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND PUT YOUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER

Seriously - I couldn't give a monkeys ****

You obviously spend a lot of time discussing / gossiping such like by Private message

(How sad) (If true)

Perhaps you'd Be better showing more respect , and instead of making snide remarks on the forum you used PM more appropriately to find out things , and return courtesy shown to you 

I don't say things to be popular - I say what I believe

I'd be more concerned if it was people I respect

I respect your opinions....but seriously mate.

No you don't and you've proved so recently so cut the shite

..how many posts, on the same subject in such a short space of time?...take a look and reflect. :thumbsup:

Looks like it's just not me you've irritated with your nonsense

and don't suggest to me about taking a look and reflect - try it yourself condescending expert

You an expert in Psychology as well are you ?

The SS where I am was cheering and singing, maybe not loads, but to be honest there was not much to get behind. Think the club messed up with not putting the Atyeo lot in SS somewhere, we have small pockets of singers in 3-4 locations and rarely are they singing together or in Sync. 

17 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

And when you see a cane I see a crook
And when you see a crowd I see a flock
It's sheep we're up against
Sheep we're up against

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

I respect your opinions....but seriously mate...how many posts, on the same subject in such a short space of time?...take a look and reflect. :thumbsup:

I have to say it u are a patronising twerp aren't u . U been chatting shit for months. Get over yourself 

19 minutes ago, Olé said:

Sorry Spud. Always try to find the common ground with you but literally no idea where you get this from - politely (excluding the inane nastiness of fly by night posters) this is probably the most ridiculous thing I've read from a reasoned contributor on here in my life. Did you see the pass and move that Burton managed pretty much every time they had the ball? Why have we not managed that for half a year? Why couldn't we pass or move the way we did?

I agree that some people will use any reason to slaughter LJ, but if you can't see it getting any better than today's performance and use the penalty and the disallowed goal as a measure of our near success then your recent comments about detachment from City is probably warranted. We were a far poorer footballing side the Burton in every respect today and while Tomlin has had a horrific performance, to claim a pass for LJ today is beyond ridiculous.

By the way, I heard nothing but positive support from the Dolman and Atyeo for the entire 90 minutes. I was amazed how much people anywhere I could hear heeded the request of the owner to keep the negativity under wraps. Sorry if people were horrible where you sit but changing the story to one of fans being a disgrace is really beyond the pale for me. I enjoy and learn from your point of view but I can't agree with a single thing you have written.

Sticking with the football.

How many chances (good chances) did we create from open play?

Tomlin's 2nd minute volley, from a big punt forward.

Djuric's header at the back stick from a Cotterill cross.

Burton were knock it in to front man (Woodrow - not good enough for us in the summer), lay-off, runners, etc.  In down the sides, crosses between keeper and 6 yard box, etc.

I thought they were the team who played more enterprising football when they had it.

I'm sure I'll give a more detailed appraisal at some point, but I think the only players who came out with Fevs-credit points today were:

Magnusson

O'Neil

Smith

Wilbs would've got one if the referree hasn't been such a bellend.  Ok, he can have one too...I'm feeling generous.

On an aside, just back from the Basketball.  Flyers (8th/12) 82 - 69 Sheffield (4th/12).  What a team performance.  The players defending for their lives from 10 - 20 down at the end of the first quarter.  I could imagine Coach Kapoulas breaking into a Cheltenham accent and telling everyone 'I loves my boys'.  They have a great team spirit, they work so hard.  They lost 10 on the spin at the start of the season, they're now 10/14.  The coach cares for all of them, he makes them feel like a unit, even those who got zero game time tonight.  Another player who I've seen play about 30 seconds in 3 games, got 3:00 minutes tonight in a game you wouldn't expect him to get on.  He looked dead happy to get on, and he worked his butt off to give a starter a valuable rest.  They all reminded me of 14/15.  Was told tonight that one of their Americans at the start of the season was lazy, bad attitude.  Got binned. 

20170304_210904797_iOS.jpg

20170304_210912770_iOS.jpg

20170304_210917017_iOS.jpg

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

Wow...ok...I'll take it our PM's too were bollox as well then. Feel for you fella...not good. :( Think I'll give this place a miss for a while. All the best mate.

OWN GOAL

Sad thing is -

While you've been busy making snide remarks you've forgotten to think let alone ask what the situation is

Embarrassed for you if I'm homest

Not impressed in a number of ways 

(Quite happy to explain on the public forum if you like ?)

17 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I used to like a bit of the Housemartins.

They were good but I have to agree with Johnny Marr's quote " If they're our competition no wonder I'm smiling"

Probably paraphrasing very badly there...   and it may have been Moz.

apart from that I think this post has gone well. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sticking with the football.

How many chances (good chances) did we create from open play?

Tomlin's 2nd minute volley, from a big punt forward.

Djuric's header at the back stick from a Cotterill cross.

Burton were knock it in to front man (Woodrow - not good enough for us in the summer), lay-off, runners, etc.  In down the sides, crosses between keeper and 6 yard box, etc.

I thought they were the team who played more enterprising football when they had it.

I'm sure I'll give a more detailed appraisal at some point, but I think the only players who came out with Fevs-credit points today were:

Magnusson

O'Neil

Smith

Wilbs would've got one if the referree hasn't been such a bellend.  Ok, he can have one too...I'm feeling generous.

On an aside, just back from the Basketball.  Flyers (8th/12) 82 - 69 Sheffield (4th/12).  What a team performance.  The players defending for their lives from 10 - 20 down at the end of the first quarter.  I could imagine Coach Kapoulas breaking into a Cheltenham accent and telling everyone 'I loves my boys'.  They have a great team spirit, they work so hard.  They lost 10 on the spin at the start of the season, they're now 10/14.  The coach cares for all of them, he makes them feel like a unit, even those who got zero game time tonight.  Another player who I've seen play about 30 seconds in 3 games, got 3:00 minutes tonight in a game you wouldn't expect him to get on.  He looked dead happy to get on, and he worked his butt off to give a starter a valuable rest.  They all reminded me of 14/15.  Was told tonight that one of their Americans at the start of the season was lazy, bad attitude.  Got binned. 

20170304_210904797_iOS.jpg

20170304_210912770_iOS.jpg

20170304_210917017_iOS.jpg

Lovell cook was a weird one and a bad egg!!! Everything about the flyers is what I love, It's a tight family and coach knows what he wants and takes no shit. Even Jon L was in attendance in his flyers hoddie. Hambleton only came on due to Streete picking up 2 quick fouls on him. 

Archived