IGNORED

Can someone tell me...

spudski

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I have to say it u are a patronising twerp aren't u . U been chatting shit for months. Get over yourself 

He reminds me of that chap Bristol Boy, believes his opinion is worth double anybody elses and others can't possibly understand the game like he does. Completely delusional.

36 minutes ago, spudski said:

So what's so great about it....apart from people paying money to watch it and moan...or cheer when we've scored a goal. You think our 'support is great? It's on a par with our results...piss poor.

People blame the team and coach...but can never take criticism when due. Our support is shit. You're blinkered to think otherwise. It was like a library today. No support...no effort. You can blame the team and LJ as much as you want....yes they have been crap...but so are the fans. They sit in silence and just moan...or cheer when we score. When do they 'get up for it' before a game? They expect the players to do it...but they don't.

Sorry mate...but this forum is full of shite. It's just a love in to whoever can moan the most about the current situation. No support...just negative, moan moan, moan.

How many threads do you want on ways of getting LJ out and moans about the performance?

I haven't read one credible post on what could be the answer...just moans and negative comments...and 'sack LJ'...with not one gauaranteed answer to what could get us out of the shit. It's easy moaning and saying it's shit...and blaming everyone at the club...but not one credible solution.

Your holier than thou attitude towards the rest of us that go down the Gate is really starting grate now to the point where you are sounding childish and obnoxious. You need to get with the programme because you're losing any credibility that you have on here very quickly by slagging off the majority on here who can see, quite clearly, that the current regime is not working and that a change is needed. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Your holier than thou attitude towards the rest of us that go down the Gate is really starting grate now to the point where you are sounding childish and obnoxious. You need to get with the programme because you're losing any credibility that you have on here very quickly by slagging off the majority on here who can see, quite clearly, that the current regime is not working and that a change is needed. 

Thing is when u think you're better than everyone else. Everyone else's opinion doesn't count. People just don't like being wrong. So they try and turn it all around. Stamp there feet and run off 

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

So what's so great about it....apart from people paying money to watch it and moan...or cheer when we've scored a goal. You think our 'support is great? It's on a par with our results...piss poor.

People blame the team and coach...but can never take criticism when due. Our support is shit. You're blinkered to think otherwise. It was like a library today. No support...no effort. You can blame the team and LJ as much as you want....yes they have been crap...but so are the fans. They sit in silence and just moan...or cheer when we score. When do they 'get up for it' before a game? They expect the players to do it...but they don't.

Sorry mate...but this forum is full of shite. It's just a love in to whoever can moan the most about the current situation. No support...just negative, moan moan, moan.

How many threads do you want on ways of getting LJ out and moans about the performance?

I haven't read one credible post on what could be the answer...just moans and negative comments...and 'sack LJ'...with not one gauaranteed answer to what could get us out of the shit. It's easy moaning and saying it's shit...and blaming everyone at the club...but not one credible solution.

When do they 'get up for it' before a game?  Three Lions pub. Exceptional for a mediocre club like Bristol City FC

People views other than your own are credible. Your posts are coming over consistently as arrogant, patronising and a little insulting. You are overtly negative about Bristol City fans, maligning them en bloc. e,g. the above post. 

Its is your posts that are moan moan while never appearing to do anything yourself to improve the lot of fans. Perhaps your support is shit.  

Ultimately you are coming over as embittered because of your inability to accept you have made an error of judgement in backing vociferously Lee Johnson.

I think unfortunately the OP went to the same school of coaching as LJ and is as stubborn as SL.  The arguments coming from someone who appears to be so knowledgable smacks of the same intransigence as is being displayed by our clubs hierarchy.  

Such a shame it's come to this.

I go to football knowing Bristol won't and often cannot win.

Imagine that was a Mate in the ring and he was going to get slapped again.

Is it not supportive to say you seriously have to change something here fella, lets stop and reflect ... Don't you think you need a new head coach?

Bristol City are like that.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blame the / attack the ,support again

Sorry @spudski

Nonsense

Bad Luck 

5 months

Bad Luck

Nonsense

Our supporters are far more tolerant than most 

Yet you still can't make any criticism of the Head Cosch

Unbelievable - Sorry

You can make any criticism you like of the head coach, providing there is a rationale behind it.  However, much of the reaction on this forum has been borne of fans' frustration and the manager/head coach is always the most convenient scapegoat.  Players almost never get blamed in modern football, which is very interesting in itself.  Maybe people should be shouting for Tomlin to be sacked - on the way back from yesterday's game my eight year old asked "Do players ever get sacked?" and I had some difficulty explaining why it is always the manager's fault.

What I have been calling for for weeks - and I don't think anyone has supplied it so far - is a credible analysis of what has gone wrong, and an explanation of how the situation will improve by changing the head coach.  As I've said elsewhere, yesterday's failure to win was not about selection, formation or tactics.

I want the club to do whatever needs doing to turn this situation around while there is still time (just!).  I am simply not convinced that sacking the head coach alone is going to be the panacea so many think it will be, particularly with their replacement being unable to bring in any new players.

I want us to win on Tuesday, and I will be there supporting the club.

9 hours ago, RumRed said:

I think unfortunately the OP went to the same school of coaching as LJ and is as stubborn as SL.  The arguments coming from someone who appears to be so knowledgable smacks of the same intransigence as is being displayed by our clubs hierarchy.  

Such a shame it's come to this.

Or perhaps you're just not thinking about what he said.  Agree it's sad that it's come to this, but there is almost no real debate on this forum because no one can say anything other than "Johnson out" without being mocked and ridiculed.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You can make any criticism you like of the head coach, providing there is a rationale behind it.  However, much of the reaction on this forum has been borne of fans' frustration and the manager/head coach is always the most convenient scapegoat.  Players almost never get blamed in modern football, which is very interesting in itself.  Maybe people should be shouting for Tomlin to be sacked - on the way back from yesterday's game my eight year old asked "Do players ever get sacked?" and I had some difficulty explaining why it is always the manager's fault.

What I have been calling for for weeks - and I don't think anyone has supplied it so far - is a credible analysis of what has gone wrong, and an explanation of how the situation will improve by changing the head coach.  As I've said elsewhere, yesterday's failure to win was not about selection, formation or tactics.

I want the club to do whatever needs doing to turn this situation around while there is still time (just!).  I am simply not convinced that sacking the head coach alone is going to be the panacea so many think it will be, particularly with their replacement being unable to bring in any new players.

@Olé has offered a very credible analysis in response to your comments on the "One Up Front Against Burton" thread. Worth a read.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You can make any criticism you like of the head coach, providing there is a rationale behind it.  However, much of the reaction on this forum has been borne of fans' frustration and the manager/head coach is aiways the most convenient scapegoat.  Players almost never get blamed in modern football, which is very interesting in itself.  Maybe people should be shouting for Tomlin to be sacked - on the way back from yesterday's game my eight year old asked "Do players ever get sacked?" and I had some difficulty explaining why it is always the manager's fault.

As I've said elsewhere, yesterday's failure to win was not about selection, formation or tactics ... And another view is that it was. One up top isolated. And a inability to play through the thirds with tempo. It was so pedestrian that In in all seriousness I could have played a part moving the ball East to West SLOWLY.

The above can be a symptom of Mr Johnsons training AND tactics.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

How many grounds have you been to over the last couple of yrs where the home support has been up to your standards?  I certainly don't travel to every game, but do a fair few every season and can't think of one, where the home fans are particularly vocal unless they score.

The problem is expectation. When the owner says PL in two years and the coach talks about the Europa League in five, this creates expectation in the fan base. When we are 5th in November and digging out results it suggests better things on the horizon. Thus, this capitulation is hard to take particularly as we look like relegation fodder. This is not a blip but a catastrophic decline. I think our fans have been great, particularly away.Aside from the odd moment of false promise, the away form has been dire. Fans are entitled to have a voice and given the blind refusal of anyone at the club to accept our decline this breeds this toxic atmosphere. we all can see the problems and a car crash is being allowed to happen. Very sad. Blame the fans... no. Blame SL for another inexperienced managerial appointment with the same predictable results. 

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You can make any criticism you like of the head coach, providing there is a rationale behind it.  However, much of the reaction on this forum has been borne of fans' frustration and

the manager/head coach is always the most convenient scapegoat.  

Players almost never get blamed in modern football, which is very interesting in itself.

Maybe people should be shouting for Tomlin to be sacked - on the way back from yesterday's game my eight year old asked "Do players ever get sacked?" and I had some difficulty explaining why it is always the manager's fault.

Blimey DP

Where have you been (Forum wise) recently ;)

Just about everyone's part in this debacle has been debated in the last few weeks from Dean Holden , to Mark Ashton , to SL .... including regularly the players

Is LJ Totally to blame - No of course he's not 

I do think he's the major problem that has , in effect set off other problems

Others roles (MA etc) are difficult to judge as fans right now  , but will always eek out eventually

(I have real doubts about MA at this stage - either a complete 'Yes' man (No use in a successful organisation) or another (Polished) bullshitter)

What you can't get away from is that this Club continually shoots itself in the foot and that is both ridiculous as it is depressing .

11 hours ago, spudski said:

....how Tomlin hitting the cross bar, Wilbs perfectly timed header and goal, that was disallowed, Tomlin's piss poor penalty, and numerous shots on goal, plus Burton not scoring...is LJ's fault?

I don't believe in luck...but I believe you make your own luck.

Today's result wasn't LJ's fault...but I really can't see it getting any better under his coaching. I actually feel for the bloke...we need change, just to change the dimension. Sometimes, for all the good intentions, your luck runs out, or it isn't the right fit, at the right time.

Got to say though...I thought today's crowd was worse than any performance put in by a player. What an awful support. I've heard louder in library's.

The abuse and booing for 90 mins by some 'fans' was a disgrace. Witnessed a lot of fans getting in to arguments and calls for 'let's take this outside'. We do have some complete knobs that follow this club...we're all frustrated...but some fans are complete **** wits.

I even witnessed a bloke in his 50's ish having a go at a disabled kid for cheering the City on. He then started to chant for Burton...next to the Heineken lounge under the disabled area. His mates egging him on.

Complete and utter manual manipulator....some of our fans today were a disgrace.

When you get people around you saying...'I can't be arsed tuesday'...not because of what's happening on the pitch, but because of the toxic and volatile same 'support', then you have to question everything.

Good luck to whoever replaces LJ...because we all know, it will be his fault if it goes tits up again. Who'd want to manage this club...shit support...pay your money, watch and ******* moan all game. Where was the 12th man?

Imo...our support reflects Bristol....it's happy when things are going well...but makes a big noise and fuss and moans a lot ,when things are going bad. No different to the nimby's at Ashton Vale.

Dire post.

10 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Lovell cook was a weird one and a bad egg!!! Everything about the flyers is what I love, It's a tight family and coach knows what he wants and takes no shit. Even Jon L was in attendance in his flyers hoddie. Hambleton only came on due to Streete picking up 2 quick fouls on him. 

No offence to you mate, great if you had a good evening, but I have no idea why Bristol City should have any connection to a basketball team. Better that Jon Lansdown was sorting out the mess that is his family's football club.

8 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

The problem is expectation. When the owner says PL in two years and the coach talks about the Europa League in five, this creates expectation in the fan base. When we are 5th in November and digging out results it suggests better things on the horizon. Thus, this capitulation is hard to take particularly as we look like relegation fodder. This is not a blip but a catastrophic decline. I think our fans have been great, particularly away.Aside from the odd moment of false promise, the away form has been dire. Fans are entitled to have a voice and given the blind refusal of anyone at the club to accept our decline this breeds this toxic atmosphere. we all can see the problems and a car crash is being allowed to happen. Very sad. Blame the fans... no. Blame SL for another inexperienced managerial appointment with the same predictable results. 

Not sure it's even that Mark , though it does make some of the big statements embarrassing and cringeworthy (As many of us knew they would)

In my experience a lot of supporters would have been delighted with us simply stabilising in the Championship for the next 2... 3.... seasons - more would be good for me personally certainly all I hoped for -

Anything more , a run at Top 6 , a cup run , a complete bonus

If we get relegated - 

Totally inexcusable

Totally Avoidable

Embarrassing

I am of the opinion that it isn't just LJ who is to blame. I tend to think that if he isn't replaced soon we will be relegated this season and if he is replaced we will have a good chance of staying up. However, we will no doubt then be in the same predicament next season and will be wanting rid of the Messiah who saved us just months earlier. I am disillusioned. As I have stated elsewhere, we have been for four decades, with the occasional blip, a team too good for the third tier and not good enough for the second. Nothing, nothing, nothing this season, despite the new ground etc, has done anything to change that and if a new manager comes in shortly and saves us I will wager we will be fighting to stay in this division again next season and again the fans will turn their ire upon the manager/head coach.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

I am of the opinion that it isn't just LJ who is to blame. I tend to think that if he isn't replaced soon we will be relegated this season and if he is replaced we will have a good chance of staying up. However, we will no doubt then be in the same predicament next season and will be wanting rid of the Messiah who saved us just months earlier. I am disillusioned. As I have stated elsewhere, we have been for four decades, with the occasional blip, a team too good for the third tier and not good enough for the second. Nothing, nothing, nothing this season, despite the new ground etc, has done anything to change that and if a new manager comes in shortly and saves us I will wager we will be fighting to stay in this division again next season and again the fans will turn their ire upon the manager/head coach.

The difference would be the appointment of an experienced manager who has a track record of success in the Championship, or higher, or a European equivalent, and of getting promotions.

That's what's needed. 

36 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think we have to think about the following:

1. LJ has not had a settled side all season. You could not predict the starting 11. This creates uncertainty and does not help to foster a style of play. Successful managers don't tinker with the team as much as he has. Last year we did well because he used the same players. cotterill did not have a big squad to utilise when he was sacked.

2. He has tried to make too many changes too quickly. Rather than adding players of quality to the double winning side he has dismantled it. 

3. we have cliques in the dressing room and he has clearly fallen out with players. 

4. He is simply not a good manager and cannot get the best out of the group. In fact he has isolated players only for them to reappear....

Put frankly LJ did not have the experience to take us on. His record proves this. He has won nothing and we gambled on another up and coming manager. The gamble has failed now please put him out of his misery. 

26 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

In my view the reason the axe falls on the managers head is like this:

A) he is unable to motivate or organise good players - there is patent evidence of this with LJ and our squad

B) he recruits poorly, or oversees poor recruitment strategy, lowering the quality of the squad and needlessly bloating it - this one probably remains to be seen, however spending £15 million on players to be in the bottom three is poor. Adam Matthews is a complete fraud. Spending all that money on Engvall who remains a complete mystery is scandalous. 

C) his selections are inadequate or inappropriate to win the football match at hand - you could argue this one until the cows come home, but what you can say is that players are seemingly selected by random. We have players in the squad that are in for a few games (Brownhill, Hegeler, Magnusson) then disappear into the twilight zone. Why sign L1's top goal scorer to start with a 37 year old who requires minor surgery every few months to continue playing? 

So for me, at one stage or another, LJ has demonstrated one, two or even three of these criteria. On that basis, time to say thanks for your time here but we need to part ways.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or people can't accept how wrong they've been

Still at least you finally found someone to cling to tonight @Rednwhiterob

Did you go today ?

Rob has been implying that there is rotten at the club for a while (can`t disagree), so how is that not "slagging off the club"?

Archived