IGNORED

Can someone tell me...

spudski

5 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

That's a good question. I'm not convinced it's LJ.  

And before anyone asks, no, I don't have proof, it's just my feelings.

Feelings, nothing more than feelings,

Trying to forget my feelings of love,

Teardrops rolling down my face,

Trying to forget my feelings of love......

17 hours ago, spudski said:

I'm not supporting LJ...I'm just putting some balance into the frame. Fans are happy to blame everyone associated with the Club, but they can't stand it when any accusation is aimed at them. Our support is shit...yes people pay to come and watch, but the support is ******* awful.

How mental was that miss...it almost happened in slow motion.

However...even though we weren't at our best and playing in fear and panic mode...we had the better of the chances.

If you take that game as one game...and judge it on that....there is no way you can blame LJ for drawing and goals missed or disallowed. We created and scored as many chances as most teams do in a game. How do you blame LJ for Wilbs fantastic header? There was no foul...nothing wrong with it.

I agree...we need a change...but not for half the reasons sighted on here.

I you were to sit down with professionals in the game....do you think they would listen to your arguments and take them seriously?

I would suspect they would take them as seriously as yours.

The biggest problem was LJ being given the job in first place, that was the original mistake that has led to where we find ourselves.

SL has got it wrong with Tinnion, Coppell, Millen, DMC, SOD and now LJ, he got it partially right with GJ but allowed the mayhem to last far too long, he got it partially right with SC but failed to act when there was obviously a major rift between them.

This is 5 months in the making, you only need to actually look at the shambles at Bristol rugby, the comparisons are beyond belief and I think explains exactly where the blame lies for the overall shambles of Bristol sport.

17 hours ago, spudski said:

So what's so great about it....apart from people paying money to watch it and moan...or cheer when we've scored a goal. You think our 'support is great? It's on a par with our results...piss poor.

People blame the team and coach...but can never take criticism when due. Our support is shit. You're blinkered to think otherwise. It was like a library today. No support...no effort. You can blame the team and LJ as much as you want....yes they have been crap...but so are the fans. They sit in silence and just moan...or cheer when we score. When do they 'get up for it' before a game? They expect the players to do it...but they don't.

Sorry mate...but this forum is full of shite. It's just a love in to whoever can moan the most about the current situation. No support...just negative, moan moan, moan.

How many threads do you want on ways of getting LJ out and moans about the performance?

I haven't read one credible post on what could be the answer...just moans and negative comments...and 'sack LJ'...with not one gauaranteed answer to what could get us out of the shit. It's easy moaning and saying it's shit...and blaming everyone at the club...but not one credible solution.

Does that bullshit include the support at Newcastle and Villa.

I can remember the moan, moan, moan when SC was the manager, I wish I could remember the hypocrites name.

@spudski 

It appears that you've been added to the list of:
Lee Johnson - no. 1 whipping boy
Steve Lansdown - the man who (at this time) refuses to criticise/sack LJ
Mark Ashton - a mysterious figure to some on this board
Some players perceived to not busting a gut
And any fan who doesn't toe the party line

Your crime? To voice an opinion that is contrary to the One Thread in Bristol (we can't seriously believe it means One Team in Bristol considering recent posts?), and more seriously, you broke a cardinal rule of... big gulp :ph34r:... 'suggesting fans  aren't beyond criticism'.

Just get your protective gear on and get back to the forum - don't let the facile commentards grind you down (illegitimi non carborundum), especial the super boring old bar-steward. And remember, Talk is Cheap, fans are fickle and it's good to have a more reasoned poster on the forum.

BTW:
Saturday's game, quite in places but not librarisque. Back of E28 there was a bit of an altercation after a muppet started chanting 'Johnson out' (after Tomlin missed the penalty, no doubt he saw LJ tango Tomlin), only to realise that he was very much in the minority - I think he got to say it once, maybe twice and then got back in his box.

I'm quite heartened that as much as some of this board like to think they represent some majority, the evidence in the stadium is, they don't (there are pockets of anti-LJ fans who get together, but they are a minority).

Looks like a case of weathering the storm (by the looks of it, some are running around the deck shouting at the top of their voices 'we're doomed, I tell ya, we're doomed' and about as helpful as an ashtray on a motor bike) and seeing if LJ is going to: sink the ship; limp to port for repairs; abandon ship; be thrown overboard; make repairs and sail on; or be torpedoed?

Now excuse me, I'm off to get my protective gear upgraded.

Archived