IGNORED

Can someone tell me...

spudski

11 hours ago, spudski said:

So what's so great about it....apart from people paying money to watch it and moan...or cheer when we've scored a goal. You think our 'support is great? It's on a par with our results...piss poor.

People blame the team and coach...but can never take criticism when due. Our support is shit. You're blinkered to think otherwise. It was like a library today. No support...no effort. You can blame the team and LJ as much as you want....yes they have been crap...but so are the fans. They sit in silence and just moan...or cheer when we score. When do they 'get up for it' before a game? They expect the players to do it...but they don't.

Sorry mate...but this forum is full of shite. It's just a love in to whoever can moan the most about the current situation. No support...just negative, moan moan, moan.

How many threads do you want on ways of getting LJ out and moans about the performance?

I haven't read one credible post on what could be the answer...just moans and negative comments...and 'sack LJ'...with not one gauaranteed answer to what could get us out of the shit. It's easy moaning and saying it's shit...and blaming everyone at the club...but not one credible solution.

Agree this forum is shite, just take it for what it is - a laugh - when you are bored at home and got nothing better to do, come on ere and have a moan. Everyone does it! Helps relieve the stress of life and watching that pile of sh#te currently, every week. Don't take OTIB so seriously.

Currently the club is a complete and utter joke. It shames me to say it. 

But I will still be at Norwich home Tuesday evening! More torture! Will have another moan post match.

The moaning forum!

Were you there today mate...?

I was in Lansdown W17 and didnt hear anything, commented to my mate what a lot of pussies we are except the Atyeo and South Stand getting behind the team. Not surprised on your comments as encountered a load of pr***s on the tube after Wembley v Hull  belittling other City supporters. I think we have our fair share of brain dead.

20 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I am of the opinion that it isn't just LJ who is to blame. I tend to think that if he isn't replaced soon we will be relegated this season and if he is replaced we will have a good chance of staying up. However, we will no doubt then be in the same predicament next season and will be wanting rid of the Messiah who saved us just months earlier. I am disillusioned. As I have stated elsewhere, we have been for four decades, with the occasional blip, a team too good for the third tier and not good enough for the second. Nothing, nothing, nothing this season, despite the new ground etc, has done anything to change that and if a new manager comes in shortly and saves us I will wager we will be fighting to stay in this division again next season and again the fans will turn their ire upon the manager/head coach.

A list showing all of the other championship managers in post and you can see we are not unusual. Which club out of all of those would pick Lee johnson up for head coach if he became available today?

Mick McCarthy         1 November 2012    
Simon Grayson         18 February 2013    
Chris Hughton         31 December 2014    
Alex Neil         9 January 2015    
Carlos Carvalhal         30 June 2015    
David Wagner         9 November 2015    
Dean Smith         30 November 2015    
Nigel Clough         7 December 2015    
Slaviša Jokanović         27 December 2015    
Lee Johnson         6 February 2016    
Paul Heckingbottom         6 February 2016    
Rafael Benítez         11 March 2016    
Garry Monk         2 June 2016    
Jaap Stam         13 June 2016    
Neil Warnock         5 October 2016    
Steve Bruce         12 October 2016    
Steve McClaren         12 October 2016    
Warren Joyce         2 November 2016    
Paul Lambert         5 November 2016    
Ian Holloway         11 November 2016    
Paul Warne         28 November 2016    
Gianfranco Zola         14 December 2016    
Gary Brazil         14 January 2017    
Tony Mowbray         22 February 2017  

16 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I think we have to think about the following:

1. LJ has not had a settled side all season. You could not predict the starting 11. This creates uncertainty and does not help to foster a style of play. Successful managers don't tinker with the team as much as he has. Last year we did well because he used the same players. cotterill did not have a big squad.

So how come Cotterill was a failure at this level then? He never changed the formation and pretty much stuck to the 11 he had (albeit injury) We only did well when he left with a couple of extra additions.

2. He has tried to make too many changes too quickly. Rather than adding players of quality to the double winning side he has dismantled it. 

Maybe but the squad was threadbare plus the squad wasn't really that good, all I hear most of the time is that this by far the best squad we have had in a long time

3. we have cliques in the dressing room and he has clearly fallen out with players. 

Which players? Its not like the Millen situation where the team collectively ousted him by playing appallingly against Reading and Blackpool... They are still putting in a shift in the days of 'player power'. Tomlin can go though, waste of time and wages this season, the club bent over backwards based on his form last season and he hasn't repaid that faith. That pen miss was pathetic

4. He is simply not a good manager and cannot get the best out of the group. In fact he has isolated players only for them to reappear....

Disagree, I think he has the makings of a good manager and has shown ability in turning games around during his time here... what he can't do is break the not winning cycle, this is a problem which previous managers have encountered

Put frankly LJ did not have the experience to take us on. His record proves this. He has won nothing and we gambled on another up and coming manager. The gamble has failed now please put him out of his misery.

Which record? You're right about experience however despite the abysmal run he still has a decent win record relatively speaking and its better than his predecessors like SC and SOD who are experienced veterans... we're talking about managing this club at Championship level.

20 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Rob has been implying that there is rotten at the club for a while (can`t disagree), so how is that not "slagging off the club"?

The only thing is , we established in the week that his reason / evidence / knowledge of anything for this was Zero

It was a guess !!!!

3 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

My thoughts. 

1. cotterill fell out with SL and he did not get players he wanted and was not backed to the tune of 15 million...

2. It was a double winning team. It needed reinforcing.

3. Tomlin. Oneill, Paterson, Magnusson are all rumoured to have rebelled. Whilst it is a rumour there is no smoke without fire. 

4. He is the David Brent of football managers. He talks the talk but he does not have the CV to back it up. 

5. SOD was a panic appointment but he was tasked with a rebuild. 

LJ is not a good manager. He has had the most resources and support of any manager. He has failed and he deserves to be sacked.

....how Tomlin hitting the cross bar, Wilbs perfectly timed header and goal, that was disallowed, Tomlin's piss poor penalty, and numerous shots on goal, plus Burton not scoring...is LJ's fault?

I don't believe in luck...but I believe you make your own luck.

Today's result wasn't LJ's fault...but I really can't see it getting any better under his coaching. I actually feel for the bloke...we need change, just to change the dimension. Sometimes, for all the good intentions, your luck runs out, or it isn't the right fit, at the right time.

Got to say though...I thought today's crowd was worse than any performance put in by a player. What an awful support. I've heard louder in library's.

The abuse and booing for 90 mins by some 'fans' was a disgrace. Witnessed a lot of fans getting in to arguments and calls for 'let's take this outside'. We do have some complete knobs that follow this club...we're all frustrated...but some fans are complete **** wits.

I even witnessed a bloke in his 50's ish having a go at a disabled kid for cheering the City on. He then started to chant for Burton...next to the Heineken lounge under the disabled area. His mates egging him on.

Complete and utter manual manipulator....some of our fans today were a disgrace.

When you get people around you saying...'I can't be arsed tuesday'...not because of what's happening on the pitch, but because of the toxic and volatile same 'support', then you have to question everything.

Good luck to whoever replaces LJ...because we all know, it will be his fault if it goes tits up again. Who'd want to manage this club...shit support...pay your money, watch and ******* moan all game. Where was the 12th man?

Imo...our support reflects Bristol....it's happy when things are going well...but makes a big noise and fuss and moans a lot ,when things are going bad. No different to the nimby's at Ashton Vale.

I like reading your posts Spud, I think the vast majority of what you write is well thought out and intelligent. 

However, the post above is just plain wrong in my view. I thought the support yesterday, taking into account 5 full months of underperformance, was remarkably positive all things considered. I sit in the corner of the SS and Dolman and apart from the incident with the two knuckle draggers in the old block G I heard very little dissent and a hell of a lot of positive support all afternoon. 

Of course it wasn't Johnson's fault that Tomlin hit the bar, the goal was disallowed etc. That much is obvious. But 2 wins in 21 IS his fault. If there was any negativity yesterday (and I didn't hear any), that will be why.

The sooner he goes the sooner we can all put this nonsense behind us, unite and move on. My worry now is that it might well be too late. 

Football is a strange game. The championship is one of the most entertaining leagues to play football in.                                            As someone else said in this thread about the fans being the 12th man, I completely agree with them.                                                 This club COULD be be a team that is in the top tier. When you bring in someone with a handful of experience what do you expect to happen. This club needs to grow a pair of balls and fast that's just not  LJ not just SL but the players, the fans. We can't carry on like this

12 hours ago, spudski said:

....how Tomlin hitting the cross bar, Wilbs perfectly timed header and goal, that was disallowed, Tomlin's piss poor penalty, and numerous shots on goal, plus Burton not scoring...is LJ's fault?

Today's result wasn't LJ's fault...but I really can't see it getting any better under his coaching. I actually feel for the bloke...we need change, just to change the dimension. Sometimes, for all the good intentions, your luck runs out, or it isn't the right fit, at the right time.

Got to say though...I thought today's crowd was worse than any performance put in by a player. What an awful support. I've heard louder in library's.

The abuse and booing for 90 mins by some 'fans' was a disgrace. Witnessed a lot of fans getting in to arguments and calls for 'let's take this outside'. We do have some complete knobs that follow this club...we're all frustrated...but some fans are complete **** wits.

I even witnessed a bloke in his 50's ish having a go at a disabled kid for cheering the City on. He then started to chant for Burton...next to the Heineken lounge under the disabled area. His mates egging him on.

Complete and utter manual manipulator....some of our fans today were a disgrace.

When you get people around you saying...'I can't be arsed tuesday'...not because of what's happening on the pitch, but because of the toxic and volatile same 'support', then you have to question everything.

Good luck to whoever replaces LJ...because we all know, it will be his fault if it goes tits up again. Who'd want to manage this club...shit support...pay your money, watch and ******* moan all game. Where was the 12th man?

Imo...our support reflects Bristol....it's happy when things are going well...but makes a big noise and fuss and moans a lot ,when things are going bad. No different to the nimby's at Ashton Vale.

Mate, what the **** are you talking about?

You are literally typing rubbish.

Lee Johnson is not a very good manager and we are on the verge of getting relegated. 

The crowd yesterday sang supportive songs as often as any other home crowd did yesterday. I didn't here any anti Johnson songs and if they did at the end well I'm afraid that is completely acceptable given the perilous position he has now put us in.

Sorry, you post some good stuff, but the above is bias drivel.

21 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Spud asks, "can someone tell me?" and I think to myself, no spud, no-one can tell you. 

11 hours after a long term and passionate City supporter like Spudski is smashed by many on here because he has a different opinion, and the balls to post his different opinion, you post this.....Why?

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

The difference would be the appointment of an experienced manager who has a track record of success in the Championship, or higher, or a European equivalent, and of getting promotions.

That's what's needed. 

Near the start of that four decades we appointed Bob Houghton who had taken unfancied Malmö to the European Cup Final the year before. During the four decades we also appointed Denis Smith, Steve Coppell and Danny Wilson all of whom fit the criteria you think would make the difference. All four made diddly squat difference.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The only thing is , we established in the week that his reason / evidence / knowledge of anything for this was Zero

It was a guess !!!!

Anyone who comes on here and claims to have full insight of what's really wrong at the club is either a bullshitter or an insider who ought to know better.

Do I have a detailed analysis of where all the problems at the club are? No. Of course I don't. But it's not working, that much is obvious. Isn't it?

You're welcome to continue to blame all our ills on each Head Coach we appoint in rotation but in my view until an independent root and branch review is carried out, nothing is going to change.  

Swapping out the Head Coach is nothing more that changing the jockey on a lame horse.

I am not alone in these views (see other posts in this thread). Plenty of others I know with similar views but don't post on here.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What I have been calling for for weeks - and I don't think anyone has supplied it so far - is a credible analysis of what has gone wrong, and an explanation of how the situation will improve by changing the head coach.  As I've said elsewhere, yesterday's failure to win was not about selection, formation or tactics.

I want the club to do whatever needs doing to turn this situation around while there is still time (just!).  I am simply not convinced that sacking the head coach alone is going to be the panacea so many think it will be, particularly with their replacement being unable to bring in any new players.

Exactly this.  Without it, we'll make the same mistakes over and over again.

14 hours ago, spudski said:

Hang about you witnessed a bloke picking on a disabled child and would appear did nothing about it?!

What the actual ****? 

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Rob has been implying that there is rotten at the club for a while (can`t disagree), so how is that not "slagging off the club"?

Mike, why not reply to my post as opposed to replying to Bob's posts about me as you do almost every time?

Do you have to wait for Bob to comment so you know which opinion to have? 

14 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

The decision to play a formation that the players were clearly confused about, the decision to put Reid as a second striker, the decision to use Bryan at all.

LJ is a idiot. The crowd was very good considering we have 7 points from 3 months. Wake up a smell the coffee OP.

Great remarks

7 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Mike, why not reply to my post as opposed to replying to Bob's posts about me as you do almost every time?

Do you have to wait for Bob to comment so you know which opinion to have? 

Ermm, maybe because hearing your tired mantras gets a bit wearing? You have changed tack with regards to your erstwhile poster boy, and now there are "dark forces" afoot. Face it, he`s about as much use as a pregnancy testing kit in a nunnery.

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Ermm, maybe because hearing your tired mantras gets a bit wearing? You have changed tack with regards to your erstwhile poster boy, and now there are "dark forces" afoot. Face it, he`s about as much use as a pregnancy testing kit in a nunnery.

Wow. You really do just read what you want to read don't you.

Were you there today mate...?

I was there and I agree with @BobBobSuperBob. Ignore the penalty miss and the disallowed goal and concentrate on the performance. The City performance was dire and the defence was continually cut open by pacy Burton attacks down either wing. With decent finishing  Burton could have won by at least a couple of goals. Their open goal miss from about a yard was worse than Tomlin's miss. Everything about the shambles can only be attributed to one person - LJ. As for complaining about the crowd! What do you expect? Fans have had to watch rubbish, home and away, for months  with each match followed by LJ's embarrassing press conferences. Considering the awful state of affairs. I felt the crowd's response was restrained 

I agree with some of this, Spud, and disagree with people who say we were second best. I thought on average we shaded it, but that counts for nothing unless goals go in (and are allowed).

However, it's all about context and at this stage in the season a home draw against one of the more lowly sides isn't acceptable. We really had to go for 3 points and our cautious approach and tardy substitutions did us no favours.

I'd have started Taylor with Wilbs, or at minimum, gone two up at the start of the second half. Tomlin should have gone earlier, arguably before the penalty fiasco, he was having an awful game. Paterson looked lively when he came on. When Reid (not a great game from him) went off, we had no midfield runners.84th minute is too late.

It's all about context. Burton were there for the taking. Maybe if we'd got a win in February, people wouldn't be this angry. but we didn't.

15 hours ago, spudski said:

I'll say it again..

2 wins in FIVE months.

52 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I was there and I agree with @BobBobSuperBob. Ignore the penalty miss and the disallowed goal and concentrate on the performance. The City performance was dire and the defence was continually cut open by pacy Burton attacks down either wing. With decent finishing  Burton could have won by at least a couple of goals. Their open goal miss from about a yard was worse than Tomlin's miss. Everything about the shambles can only be attributed to one person - LJ. As for complaining about the crowd! What do you expect? Fans have had to watch rubbish, home and away, for months  with each match followed by LJ's embarrassing press conferences. Considering the awful state of affairs. I felt the crowd's response was restrained 

I said somewhere else that all bar a couple of half chances come from set pieces.  The two above were a long throw and a corner.  What has happened to the 'identity' football we were promised?  I wouldn't mind us playing back to front if we set up that way.  By my amateur opinion 5221 is not a formation to go back to front directly...but you know I'm not a man who feels formations are the be all and end all.  The few times in the first half we were a bit patient, sometimes going back to Giefer to start again, we actually worked promising positions.  Wilbs was getting little change out of Turner and Mousinho, albeit aided by a shit referee (yes, the same one that gave us a pen....was he perhaps making two wrongs?).  There was no other option if you don't get someone alongside him / running off him.  LJ decided that player was Reid, who unfortunately for all is efforts had a poor game of choices on the ball.  Taylor might've been a better option, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I still think he's got a fair bit to do to play at this level, but he dies have intelligent movement.

38 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I agree with some of this, Spud, and disagree with people who say we were second best. I thought on average we shaded it, but that counts for nothing unless goals go in (and are allowed).

However, it's all about context and at this stage in the season a home draw against one of the more lowly sides isn't acceptable. We really had to go for 3 points and our cautious approach and tardy substitutions did us no favours.

I'd have started Taylor with Wilbs, or at minimum, gone two up at the start of the second half. Tomlin should have gone earlier, arguably before the penalty fiasco, he was having an awful game. Paterson looked lively when he came on. When Reid (not a great game from him) went off, we had no midfield runners.84th minute is too late.

It's all about context. Burton were there for the taking. Maybe if we'd got a win in February, people wouldn't be this angry. but we didn't.

I thought we shaded the game, and despite several more shots, their keeper only made 1 or 2 great saves.  Having said that each time they got in our last third it seemed to only take a sharp pass and lay off to open us up.  Dyer and Sordell (another player touted as not good enough by us) looked lively alongside an industrious Woodrow (not good enough according to us either).

You're right that a point really isn't enough.  It's all a bIt desperate now. Ho hum.  I'm not sure why we're getting all excited, other people who should be aren't.

Archived