IGNORED

Fan action for Tuesday Poll

Dynamite Red

Fan action for Tuesday  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I have posted in the moderator section and noted that you have reported my post. I've left it up to the others to decide what to do. I hope that is satisfactory for you. 

I wasn't going to bother to vote but you have just made my mind up for me. #johnsonout.

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I haven't said that? I just did so in this instance. 

Its a sad state of affairs when we're arguing about what we can argue about. 

I simply wanted to give the poll some more balance and give people the "spoil the ballot papers" option. I'm sure the other moderators will discuss and take action if that is the majority view. 23 people have so far chosen that option, so I'm not alone in my opinion it should be added. 

Arguably you did it because you could .I think that shows bad judgement. The thread title was clear and inoffensive. Therefore did not need moderating.

13 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

I don't get the problem, the poll still shows what the OP wanted - which method of protest those wanting to protest would prefer. As it happens I voted for one of those three options, not the one added by the mods. The alternative of setting up a second poll just seems a needless duplication.

One other thing the poll doesn't tell us is how many would do 2 of the options. On other threads some have said they would protest outside the ground, then boycott the match. Likewise you can protest outside, then go in at 8. I think we need more polls. :ph34r:

Hopefully lots will boycott, and those that don't feel that is an option for them will go in at 8.

My position is a bit different.

As I did a few times last season mid week, I can knock off work a little early. Spend 3 hours on the road. Watch the game, get home about midnight. Do it when I can.

Just down with it all at the moment. I suppose it is too much effort to be depressed. Just needs something to raise a sense of  excitement. Oddly, if LJ went tomorrow, I most likely would make the effort. Feel a bit guilty, as well, this is when 'real fans' get behind the team most but just being honest.

Not a protest. Not a boycott. Just cannot be arsed.

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I simply wanted to give the poll some more balance and give people the "spoil the ballot papers" option. I'm sure the other moderators will discuss and take action if that is the majority view. 23 people have so far chosen that option, so I'm not alone in my opinion it should be added. 

I'm a great admirer of your personal contribution to the club down the years, and I agree that in the scheme of thing it's a small matter, but this cuts to the heart of whose Forum this is. It surely can't be right that simply because one of the  Moderators wants to "give a poll some more balance" they can change the questions...we now have a poll which allows people to say that they don't wish to make a protest. That's not what the OP intended. It was never about those who don't want to protest.

It's one person, one vote. Adding additional options can't alter the vote in any way, and as I said this makes the options look fairer and will give a clearer snapshot. As it stands of 3 seconds ago 181 people have said they are going to alter their match going habit and make some sort of protest either by boycotting all together or another if the 2 options. So far 24 people have said they will attend as normal ( which by the way won't mean that as the match progresses these people may do something, boo, turn their back or walk out). Surely by adding this 4th option shows the strength of the other 3 options?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

It's one person, one vote. Adding additional options can't alter the vote in any way, and as I said this makes the options look fairer and will give a clearer snapshot. As it stands of 3 seconds ago 181 people have said they are going to alter their match going habit and make some sort of protest either by boycotting all together or another if the 2 options. So far 24 people have said they will attend as normal ( which by the way won't mean that as the match progresses these people may do something, boo, turn their back or walk out). Surely by adding this 4th option shows the strength of the other 3 options?

It doesn't, no, it changes the nature of the poll. I can't begin to understand why that's not clear. Anyone wanting to gauge the strength of feeling behind a protest could have asked that question themselves. 

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Do you really believe that any mod will publicly disagree with you and undo what you just did?

If I created a poll on the best takeaway, but didn't add Thai food. Would you add it as an option because of a few comments?

just admit you made the wrong call. If you feel that strongly, start your own poll 

1 minute ago, Henry said:

just admit you made the wrong call. If you feel that strongly, start your own poll 

I won't admit I made the wrong call because I stand by my decision. I've asked the other moderators to decide what should be done about it, and change it should they wish to. 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I won't admit I made the wrong call because I stand by my decision. I've asked the other moderators to decide what should be done about it, and change it should they wish to. 

As I said in my previous post, which you cut out, do you really think they would publicly disagree with you?

do you feel perhaps the best thing would have been to ask them first?

I expect you to ignore this like you did with the rest of my post

4 minutes ago, Henry said:

As I said in my previous post, which you cut out, do you really think they would publicly disagree with you?

do you feel perhaps the best thing would have been to ask them first?

I expect you to ignore this like you did with the rest of my post

Nobody else was around to ask.

Sometimes we have to make decisions. Same with deleting approving stuff. It's why we have a team of moderators, we can't all be around at the same time, nor do we all have the same opinions on stuff. It's why I've left it in the others hands. 

If I'm so annoying to you Henry (if that even is your name, I suspect not,) why don't you just put me on ignore, as you seem to relish any opportunity to have a pop at me. I'm bored with it frankly.

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Sometimes we have to make decisions. Same with deleting approving stuff. It's why we have a team of moderators, we can't all be around at the same time, nor do we all have the same opinions on stuff. It's why I've left it in the others hands. 

If I'm so annoying to you Henry (if that even is your name, I suspect not,) why don't you just put me on ignore, as you seem to relish any opportunity to have a pop at me. I'm bored with it frankly.

I don't think a poll you don't agree with needed immediate action. 

Now you doubting my identity, why does it matter? You're a disgrace 

I appreciate all the effort the Mods put in. But in however many years I've been on here under a couple of guises this does seem one of the more extraordinary editorial decisions. Changing the questions in a poll for no other reason than a Mod thought them incomplete oversteps a mark for me. I hope it will be discussed by the other Mods at length. 

The original question was "what would be your choice of action?". The revised poll effectively asks "should action be taken?" That's a completely different poll. Fine and dandy, perfectly legitimate, but not what the OP asked or what people had been voting on for hours.

3 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

As I write, almost 200 fans want to protest in one way or the other. Landowners must be quaking in his boots! 

200 fans on here WTGR John. I've no idea how many active members we have but would guess that's a fair old percentage.

26 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

No point in any of them. It's too bloody late. We sink or swim with LJ. I don't look forward to it :( 

Can we get one of those giant rubber ducks then? If we are going to sink, we can at least do it in style and have it bobbing in the stream behind the Lansdown...

article-2246297-1675CA0B000005DC-334_634x430.jpg

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

But it wasn't your poll to change or add an option or have an opinion on? So why change it? 

Way over the top and unnecessary.   

21 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Whoops ! What on earth are you doing? Questioning his name? Bizarre reaction. That is unacceptable.

Archived