IGNORED

Fan action for Tuesday Poll

Dynamite Red

Fan action for Tuesday  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well there's a story about this today- based on this very thread basically.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/large-numbers-of-bristol-city-fans-plan-protest-against-lee-johnson-at-ashton-gate/story-30182246-detail/story.html

This WILL raise awareness and put it in the public domain moreso and may catch on a bit.

Looks good for prospective managers doesn't it... :blink: any manager worth their salt would probably give us a wide berth knowing if it all goes inevitably wrong then this is what they'll be expecting.

Think some fans on here are becoming incredibly divisive themselves

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Looks good for prospective managers doesn't it... :blink: any manager worth their salt would probably give us a wide berth knowing if it all goes inevitably wrong then this is what they'll be expecting.

Think some fans on here are becoming incredibly divisive themselves

all managers know this already, money is a motivator pay enough and you will get any manager applying,

14 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

This poll is ONLY for people wanting to protest, how hard is that to understand?

How often does that work? For example, how long does it normally take for somebody to ignore an OP which states "positive posts only please"?* Trying to limit any OTIB thread to a select subset of posters is a non-starter IMHO

*Note I'm not suggesting that we have a whole lot to be positive about right now.....

41 minutes ago, semblar said:

How often does that work? For example, how long does it normally take for somebody to ignore an OP which states "positive posts only please"?* Trying to limit any OTIB thread to a select subset of posters is a non-starter IMHO

*Note I'm not suggesting that we have a whole lot to be positive about right now.....

Posts I can understand but a mod overriding someone's poll without even consulting the poster/users first, bit mad

13 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I think Dolly's comment about this going round in circles is valid and what is being achieved by having a pop at her?  Nothing. She posted and explained her reasons, even if you disagree, there is no need to get personal, one of the posts in this thread is uncalled for and an apology for the inference that mods are power crazy wouldn't go amiss.  Some of the shit dished out by PM, Twitter and other social media to some of the mods would make some lesser people jack it in and as one of the longest serving mods/admin on here, I am grateful for what the others do.

No one is going to get everything right, it's always worse when we are in a relegation battle, there isn't usually much controversy if we are winning every week, I think the OP has taken the right attitude, a protest, then acceptance that whilst he disagreed with the decision, there are far bigger fish to fry and if we can, help influence a decision that by far the majority believe needs to be made.

Would you have edited someone's thread/poll, despite being asked not to?

1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

You need something more likely to get the media interested.

Suggest we get as many dwarfs as possible (wearing LJ masks) and we have a dwarf tossing contest in the concourse. Those tossing the dwrafs to wear SL masks.  Just a thought!

Last time I tossed a dwarf I got finger cramp.  Big lad in at least one way.

@ziderheadarmy I bumped into him shortly after he was announced as manager when I was picking up the Supporters club and trust end of season award trophies at the training ground. Said hello, he said hello and that was it. The other time was way back when he was a player with us. 

I don't think anyone is happy with the current state of things, myself included. 

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

No stalking involved.

Yes, is the answer. 

I haven't paged through your posting history but I have noticed your having a pop at Dolly more than once, and if I've noticed that it must be fairly frequent.

You are of course allowed not to like people, there is one particular poster that I don't like (it isn't you and I won't be naming them) so I just don't read their posts. Simple.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Henry said:

Would you have edited someone's thread/poll, despite being asked not to?

I wouldn't have, but we are not all clones of some moderating perfection, I am not getting into anymore debates about this.  

Getting back on track, I would have pulled the plug in him in December, I have no confidence he can turn this round.  Any protest that gets the point over, without wildly overstepping the mark is fine by me, I can't believe that he would have survived this long at any other club, given the stats and performances.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I wouldn't have, but we are not all clones of some moderating perfection, I am not getting into anymore debates about this.  

Getting back on track, I would have pulled the plug in him in December, I have no confidence he can turn this round.  Any protest that gets the point over, without wildly overstepping the mark is fine by me, I can't believe that he would have survived this long at any other club, given the stats and performances.

100% spot on, Wake up Steve.

8 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Let's not lose focus. Demonstrate by all means out the front of the ground but withhold that support for 15 minutes. Our support is not unconditional and to be taken for granted. 

Demonstrate before if you want to but stay in that concourse for the 1st 15 minutes. 

Sadly I don't think 522 people will really make much difference to SL....he's probably prepared to lose at least 10 times that in season ticket renewals..... They will, of course, argue that real fans stayed with the "project" etc.

..I just want a win......is it too much to ask.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:52, Dollymarie said:

Just to make things completely fair, and to show to others (or not) everyone's feelings, I'm gonna add "no protest" to the voting options. 

Not trying to have a go at you but simply to point out that adding "no protest but will attend the game" has not made it an unbiased vote.

The whole point of the poll is for supporters who want LJ out to vote whether and how this should be shown to the club.

There will be many like me who want LJ out but will attend the game and will not protest in any of the ways suggested.

So a truly impartial edit to the poll would have been to introduce an option such as "want LJ out but will still attend the game in its entirety" or "will attend the game but will protest after the game if we fail to win again".

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Not trying to have a go at you but simply to point out that adding "no protest but will attend the game" has not made it an unbiased vote.

The whole point of the poll is for supporters who want LJ out to vote whether and how this should be shown to the club.

There will be many like me who want LJ out but will attend the game and will not protest in any of the ways suggested.

So a truly impartial edit to the poll would have been to introduce an option such as "want LJ out but will still attend the game in its entirety" or "will attend the game but will protest after the game if we fail to win again".

Nick she should have entered into the forum discussion or, at the very least consulted the OP, not ride roughshod over it. It doesn't bode well for future threads she may not agree with.

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

Agreed, especially as the EP picked up on the story, should have been more consideration as it's undermined the original point.

6 hours ago, smokey live said:

Anyone know anyone who could hack the big screens so it just shows #JohnsonOut?

Not difficult, it's only a big tv, just switch the input source.  You'd have to get behind it to intercept the feed, easy as anything if you could get to it.  :ph34r:

(At no point am I condoning this idea)

Tell your friends, text your mates, use social media.

Boycott, just don't even bother attending the game

Demonstrate outside the ground

Stay in concourse until 8pm (15 mins after kick off).

Don't sit on your laurels, clearly our owner takes our support for granted by unconditionally backing this failing regime nothing will change, we all love the club but enough is enough of this incompetence.

Archived