IGNORED

Fan action for Tuesday Poll

Dynamite Red

Fan action for Tuesday  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay we seem to have 3 courses of action being suggested.

1. Boycott, just don't even bother attending the game

2. Demonstration outside the ground.

3. Stay in concourse until 8pm (15 mins after kick off)

Trying to gauge the support for which action and numbers. Time is scarce and could be a farce so whatever the majority needs to be advertised via social media, text mates. Don't be placid, not always the case but often fans get the club they deserve, don't be like Rovers fans:P.

All the powers to be will be in executive boxes enjoying champagne and cucumber sandwiches - pointless protesting outside as they will not hear / see it. however walking out to their seats and seeing a empty stadium, then filling around 8pm might finally hit home.

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

There should be an option 'No protest' or the poll is meaningless

If your not going to protest at all why would you need an option ?

Hey guys we are travelling to Newcastle what form of travel would you prefer Train, car, fly ?       @ashton_fan   there should be an option for those not wanting to go to Newcastle at all    

Hey guys it's a fixed menu, what would you prefer Thai, Chinese, or Mexican ?       @ashton_fan  there should be an option for those of us not going to the restraunt

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

If your not going to protest at all why would you need an option ?

Hey guys we are travelling to Newcastle what form of travel would you prefer Train, car, fly ?       @ashton_fan   there should be an option for those not wanting to go to Newcastle at all    

Hey guys it's a fixed menu, what would you prefer Thai, Chinese, or Mexican ?       @ashton_fan  there should be an option for those of us not going to the restraunt

I would've thought the poll is a bit meaningless if it doesn't show the percentage planning not to protest (probably the majority but we'll never know)

2 minutes ago, Honiton Tony said:

Why do you come on this forum ................ strange

Maybe, but I've probably been on this forum as long as you and I always thought it was a place to share opinions and debate differing viewpoints.  Sadly that is no longer the case.  It is now a place for people to come and repeat the same point of view, while trying to outdo each other in finding new and 'cleverer' ways to do it.

I'm a city supporter and have been all my life and have always previously enjoyed OTIB, even during the bad times, but there's no genuine discussion any more, because the 'Johnson out' brigade aren't prepared to even consider differing points of view.  I think that is desperately sad, but it's rather redolent of the way the world is going.  People don't listen to each other any more, and contrary opinions are dismissed out of hand with accusations of being 'fake'.

7 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Ok 'support the team in the normal way' then. 

Unless you think not attending or turning up 15 minutes after kick off wouldn't negatively affect the players?

What's so hard to understand - people who are protesting how would you prefer to do it - if your not protesting why do you need a option.

If you are not going out with your friends and they ask each other options as to what time to meet up do you demand "well I'm not going, so there should be a not going out option ?"  

36 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Okay we seem to have 3 courses of action being suggested.

1. Boycott, just don't even bother attending the game

2. Demonstration outside the ground.

3. Stay in concourse until 8pm (15 mins after kick off)

Trying to gauge the support for which action and numbers. Time is scarce and could be a farce so whatever the majority needs to be advertised via social media, text mates. Don't be placid, not always the case but often fans get the club they deserve, don't be like Rovers fans:P.

Something needs to be done but it seems we have a lot of snowflake fans!!  I'll monitor on here as I'm more than happy to go with a majority. 

30 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Cheers mate.  For a moment I thought I was going mad...

Nah you're not man, unfortunately me and you with others are apparently part of the problem according to some... as we don't call for Johnson to go each and every day or don't participate in slagging off the owner, calling him pathetic names, pointless petitions or tweeting #Johnsonoutnow as its some trendy thing to do nowadays.. I literally refuse to participate in some pointless exercise even though I do have a twitter account.

If this is what the forum has come to coupled by all the nonsensical rumours regurgitated, calling fans who back Lansdown or LJ happy clappers, trolls, WUMs or even Gas then count me out 

1 minute ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Nothing will happen Tuesday, as per usual a good 17-18,000 crowd will get behind the team. They will under perform, there will be boos and a few mumours at the final whistle. Rinse and repeat. 

You are spot on! But, I'll still stay in the concourse till 8. **** it if I'm on my own. I'll be man enough and stay true to my word. 

49 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Maybe, but I've probably been on this forum as long as you and I always thought it was a place to share opinions and debate differing viewpoints.  Sadly that is no longer the case.  It is now a place for people to come and repeat the same point of view, while trying to outdo each other in finding new and 'cleverer' ways to do it.

I'm a city supporter and have been all my life and have always previously enjoyed OTIB, even during the bad times, but there's no genuine discussion any more, because the 'Johnson out' brigade aren't prepared to even consider differing points of view.  I think that is desperately sad, but it's rather redolent of the way the world is going.  People don't listen to each other any more, and contrary opinions are dismissed out of hand with accusations of being 'fake'.

Excellently put. 

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Nothing will happen Tuesday, as per usual a good 17-18,000 crowd will get behind the team. They will under perform, there will be boos and a few mumours at the final whistle. Rinse and repeat. 

Unfortunately you are probably right mate, seems the general mentality. 

2 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Ok 'support the team in the normal way' then. 

Unless you think not attending or turning up 15 minutes after kick off wouldn't negatively affect the players?

I say bollocks to it negatively affecting the players. LJ & SL have got us here and god knows the players must be sick to death and perplexed by squad rotation/formation but lets not dress this up. 

We're talking about professional sportsmen being paid obscene amounts of money and if they all had to take a long hard look at how they've performed through the season then imo none of the (contracted) players have covered themselves in glory.

I've seen some really bad City sides right back to the old fourth division but I'm pretty sure in everyone of those bad sides I can think of one or two players who performed consistently week in week out at the top of their game and were let down by those around them and some bad managers.

Let's not dress it up but we are in March and if I had to name a player of the season it would be nigh on impossible to name one. For me that's a pretty clear and sad indictment

I'm prepared to be slaughtered for this opinion

Archived