IGNORED

Huddersfield - BOYCOTT

Benjam!n Ultra

Boycott Huddersfield  

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you're unhappy as almost everyone I know is about the current shitstorm created by LJ and prolonged by SL then I recommend everyone goes down their local/stay in the pubs around BS3 and fund their local businesses, which would love and appreciate your custom, rather than Bristol Sport. 

The game is on Sky so you can watch it anyway and if, hopefully, there's an actual proper boycott the empty seats could be focussed on by the Sky cameras and broadcast to the nation.

Whatever the result against Wigan it will not change people's views I doubt so we have 9 days to get organised and spread the word (someone would have to post on the Facebook group for me as I ain't on there) - should enough be interested we could even highlight it with sky so they could mention the current mood around the club. 

Just an idea. Plus, we can all have a beer or 6 while watching the game! 

No, I won't be boycotting. I still want him to turn it around and become the most successful manager in our history. Not saying he will, but I live in hope! The performance, in the second half especially, last night gives me confidence that we could, with a little luck, still avoid relegation this year.

2 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

If you're unhappy as almost everyone I know is about the current shitstorm created by LJ and prolonged by SL then I recommend everyone goes down their local/stay in the pubs around BS3 and fund their local businesses, which would love and appreciate your custom, rather than Bristol Sport. 

The game is on Sky so you can watch it anyway and if, hopefully, there's an actual proper boycott the empty seats could be focussed on by the Sky cameras and broadcast to the nation.

Whatever the result against Wigan it will not change people's views I doubt so we have 9 days to get organised and spread the word (someone would have to post on the Facebook group for me as I ain't on there) - should enough be interested we could even highlight it with sky so they could mention the current mood around the club. 

Just an idea. Plus, we can all have a beer or 6 while watching the game! 

Y

Unhappy as everyone on otib!! 

We want change, it's clear that isn't going to happen before end of season , so we play with the cards we are dealt with. Our job is to try and help team to safety.

While it may be everyone you know that wants to boycott - there is plainly no support for this across the wider fan base, can I suggest you need to be more innovative with your protest?

If you can't even get sections of the crowd to sustain a protest chant for more than 60 seconds (as per last night) while watching the game you'll never get people to walk with their feet.

23 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

While it may be everyone you know that wants to boycott - there is plainly no support for this across the wider fan base, can I suggest you need to be more innovative with your protest?

If you can't even get sections of the crowd to sustain a protest chant for more than 60 seconds (as per last night) while watching the game you'll never get people to walk with their feet.

I would suggest that if you looked around the ground last night, large numbers didn't bother turning up. And if it's on Sky on.a Friday night then probably even more won't bother either, especially if it rains. And if we lose to Wigan and we are in the bottom 2 then the actual crowd could be little more than 11,000, even including their travelling support.

The apathy amongst the crowd was so obvious first half. But then are you surprised looking at the team we put out (7 of them from Cotterill in League 1 & not even his best!) and the utter drivel we played. It was the footballing equivalent of Mogadon!

This club is slowly imploding and it's just being left to happen by an owner whose decision making is being questioned like never before, mainly because so few of us can understand what he's playing at!

Clearly the crowd foes NOT inspire the players despite turning up in good numbers. That's because the football is fairly shite with the associated bad results and a split fanbase. Half are seething at SL,LJ and half are anxious. Whichever way you swing it means the same thing - a library.

I have stopped going. My lack of support does nothing for anyone in the ground. Those who wish to back the team I say fair play to you so make a ******* noise !

Those of you who feel like me but continue to go I ask why? You aren't happy with the club,the club will not change the way its going, and all you are doing is promoting the spin that the vast majority support the regime as evidenced by all those occupied seats.

If you have a SC then so what? The club has your money,not your soul and think twice about buying another one. If you are as angry as many of you seem to be then you are letting yourselves down and weakening the "Johnson out" movement.

Demos are half arsed, dont work and further strengthen the position of this crap leadership.

So, I suggest you do boycott or suck up whatever shit you get served. Put up or shut up and all that.

Lastly, I will continue to be in West St and North St pre mid and post game. Supporting local business and along with many others providing a visual reminder to those in charge that they are alienating large numbers of the fanbase.

1 hour ago, cityboy said:

No, I won't be boycotting. I still want him to turn it around and become the most successful manager in our history. Not saying he will, but I live in hope! The performance, in the second half especially, last night gives me confidence that we could, with a little luck, still avoid relegation this year.

Yea, not goina happen though is it.

It's clear to me that Johnson isn't gonna be much more then one of our worst managers. 

To think differently after a prolonged amount of time with clueless tactics and clueless formations and lineups is just naive.

What are you, like 12. If you don't want to go, don't go, if you want to get behind the team, do it.

I am not wearing a Pembo mask or sitting in a pub when I have paid good money for a season ticket. I am not playing knock out ginger on his house or 

any of the other stupid plans that have been hatched in this madhouse.

4 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

What are you, like 12. If you don't want to go, don't go, if you want to get behind the team, do it.

I am not wearing a Pembo mask or sitting in a pub when I have paid good money for a season ticket. I am not playing knock out ginger on his house or 

any of the other stupid plans that have been hatched in this madhouse.

Exactly, each to their own. Make your own mind up how you feel about it and act accordingly. The only person you're beholding to is yourself then.

If people want to boycott, no problem.

If people want to wear masks / raise banners, no problem.

If people want to shout and bawl, no problem.

If people want to do their normal match day routine, no problem.

Do what YOU want to do and let everyone else do what they want to do. No arguments, no bitching. Simples!

27 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

What happened to the demonstration talked about at length on here, didn't see anything?

People say there were a lot of empty seats but we've got a big stadium now so 17,000 crowd = 10,000 empty seats

The thing is, the club- and this is common practice in football these days- count season ticket holders as attending regardless as the stated attendance.

17k was the stated figure but it didn't look it to me. The club will have the real figures- which were surely lower than 17k.

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The thing is, the club- and this is common practice in football these days- count season ticket holders as attending regardless as the stated attendance.

17k was the stated figure but it didn't look it to me. The club will have the real figures- which were surely lower than 17k.

That's right, the official attendance is the number of tickets sold not the number of people at the game, but the ground is bound to look emptier than it used to with the increased capacity so I don't know how people at the game can tell how many were there

56 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Colin Sexstone once said that on average 1 in 6 season ticket holders don't turn up each match for whatever reason.

That would be over 2,000 in normal circumstances, but of course some boycotted the match last night, some are fed up with the traffic/parking problems for evening games, and lots of kids who come on Saturdays were missing from the very sparse family section.

I'd say 4.5k in Dolman, 3.5k in the SS, 2k (absolute max.) in the West stand, a few hundred in corporate, 700 in the City side of the Atyeo, plus 900 away fans.

No more than 12k actually in the ground imo.

51 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

We are in a utter mess and people seem happy to just turn up and be taken for a fool. Just don't understand it. Each to their own I guess. I won't be bothering again.

Do you ever go to the cinema or a live gig?

How about this novel idea, you go, support your team and at that end if the performance is no good and you can get enough people to join, give a chorus of Johnson out at the final whistle, think the message would be clear then for all the people sat at home, who otherwise would look at a partially empty stadium and think crap support because they are not doing very well.

Alternatively you could also be a bit of a diva and go on a forum and proclaim I have had enough and not going anymore and wait for all the love you miss you already support.

Just to be clear - I am not LJ, SL, either of their mums, dads or relatives, a happy clapper, blind or any of the other silly school boy remarks normally reserved for a positive post. I have held a season ticket for 30+ years and gone longer than that, seen much worse times and yes want LG sacked (although now I do question who we could get in to take us on, with so few game left)

Archived