IGNORED

Huddersfield - BOYCOTT

Benjam!n Ultra

Boycott Huddersfield  

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Honiton Tony said:

You need to trade that in for a Triumph ;)

No he doesn't ;)

I've had bikes galore, the last of which was a CBR and I've always wanted to 'mod' up a scooter and join the rally / festival scene. Once I get rid of the brats / my gorgeous children, it's something I plan on doing. I'm probably biased due to being a fan of the clothes, music and style but, after owning a few bikes, I think the scooter scene is seriously cool!

Then again, I'm getting / am old so what do I know about 'cool'? :facepalm:

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well if the love child is still in place next they'll have 11.000 rattling around inside Ashton in league 1 . What a legacy lansdown will leave us. 

Harry Dolman built a stand and delivered top flight football.  

Lansdown built 2 1/2 stands and delivered more or less abject failure on the pitch. 

Cotterill wasn't his appointment before anyone mentions him. 

Genuine question. Who was Cotts appointer?

19 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Would you pay for a ticket and then not go because you thought it might be crap?

Well I guess that if you'd bought a cinema season ticket and after a few cracking blockbusters they started showing tired reruns, and there was something better on the telly, you might give it a miss occasionally. And maybe resolve not to buy a season ticket again!

23 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Would you pay for a ticket and then not go because you thought it might be crap?

Would you go to the cinema if you knew it was going to be crap. Course you wouldn't. Football is not comparable to that. If it was about entertainment, I would of given up ages ago :laugh:

13 minutes ago, shelts said:

Genuine question. Who was Cotts appointer?

He's going to say Keith Dawe as he knew Cotterill.  However if anyone thinks that appointment was made without the owner's approval they are barking.

I imagine all appointments are suggested to Lansdown by someone else. 

21 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

No he doesn't ;)

I've had bikes galore, the last of which was a CBR and I've always wanted to 'mod' up a scooter and join the rally / festival scene. Once I get rid of the brats / my gorgeous children, it's something I plan on doing. I'm probably biased due to being a fan of the clothes, music and style but, after owning a few bikes, I think the scooter scene is seriously cool!

Now if you think a Scooter earns you more cool points than a Triumph there is no hope :grr:

18 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Well I guess that if you'd bought a cinema season ticket and after a few cracking blockbusters they started showing tired reruns, and there was something better on the telly, you might give it a miss occasionally. And maybe resolve not to buy a season ticket again!

If only we had hindsight to work out which games are going to be crap.

At least with films you can read reviews 

59 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

There is a limit to how much he can invest in the footballing side though, Kid.

Genuine question RR To what areas of the football club does FFP extend?

By that I mean the management structure above the playing squad.

I suspect SL could bring in top drawer in all departments of he wanted and sat them in BS if need be.

37 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

No he doesn't ;)

If you want to retain a little bit cool from your younger days,never ever let your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend choose your clothes for you,ever.

This is clearly a good idea? Surely if everyone else feels as powerless as I do with this club right now it's time to take action? We complain they aren't doing anything but do nothing about it other than moan on here. Time to act!

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ok, maybe my fair weather fans comment was a little flippant and inappropriate, but I'll tell you where I'm coming from.

We all support the same team.  The team isn't doing well.  We're all unhappy with that.  That much is true.  But if you look at how City is run - an owner who is also a supporter and is prepared to plough huge amounts into the club; a manager who is a former player (albeit never a popular one) and does care about the club, whatever people think; almost a new ground - I don't see a lot fundamentally wrong.  Of course, you can argue that people simply aren't good enough and of course that could be true, but what I can't take is the ANGER on this site, and the motives that are attributed to Steve Lansdown and to the staff.

If you want a real reason to be angry about being a football fan, be a fan of Chester City, which was destroyed by criminal management; or Hereford United; or deal with the Oyston family and what they have done to Blackpool; or be a Blackburn fan; or even be a Man Utd or Liverpool fan who really cares about your club and who realises how your clubs wealth has been appropriated by people who do not care about the club.  Assets have been stripped by cynical people only interested in their own wealth right across the game, and few people have been able to do anything about it.  Why was AFC Wimbledon formed?  Why was FC United of Manchester formed?  These are the fans with real justification for being angry, not us.  We're going through a bad patch; we've been through them before; mistakes are probably being made; they've been made before.  But don't suggest that anyone presently associated with the club is acting out of malice or vindictiveness.  They may be incompetent or stupid or useless - there's always that possibility - or they may be genuinely trying to do what they think is best for the club.

How could anyone be happy being with where we are at the moment?  However, let's just get it in perspective.

I think this is a very good perspective and there is something very attractive about sticking to a long term strategy.   Looks like Lansdown wants to "grow his own" choosing former players to create some kind of culture.   It works in corporations.   But football is about 22 blokes on a football pitch for 90 minutes and if 11 of them lose the will or skill to win, you get relegated.   Look at Leicester over the last 12 months.    The coaching role needs to be a shorter term thing.  Top tennis players change their coach frequently.    

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Genuine question RR To what areas of the football club does FFP extend?

By that I mean the management structure above the playing squad.

I suspect SL could bring in top drawer in all departments of he wanted and sat them in BS if need be.

I'm not the expert on this myself and I have always wondered how "football staff" is defined in the regulations. Anyone?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They've  all been pretty crap recently with the second 45 last night being an exception.

How many who didn't bother to attend last night would have been gutted if Djuric and Taylor both scored in the last 10 or 15 minutes?

14 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

How many who didn't bother to attend last night would have been gutted if Djuric and Taylor both scored in the last 10 or 15 minutes?

you don't have to have not attended last night to have been very delighted had they scored, I'm sure those that chose not to go would also  have been, we all would prefer to be doing well

31 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I didn't go, ST holder, and I was glued to the radio . Can't help myself , I was willing them to score and annoyed when they didn't win.
Night games are a pain for me so that played a part, but I am disillusioned with the club as a whole at the moment and I want #Johnsonout !
But it's my team and I want them to win, if we'd have lost and Johnson was sacked I would still been disappointed to lose but optimistic. 
As it stands we face more ludicrous team selection and roll of the dice formation changes. 
And I will be back for Huddersfield, dreading it as my mate is a Huddersfield fan.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's going to say Keith Dawe as he knew Cotterill.  However if anyone thinks that appointment was made without the owner's approval they are barking.

I imagine all appointments are suggested to Lansdown by someone else. 

I'm fairly sure SL has actually said that SC was Dawe's choice, After the failures of KM, Del and SO'D he was fairly content to let someone else have a go is how I remember it, but yes, of course, SL would have to OK it.

I seriously doubt LJ was suggested to SL by someone else.

Archived