IGNORED

Huddersfield - BOYCOTT

Benjam!n Ultra

Boycott Huddersfield  

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

We are in a utter mess and people seem happy to just turn up and be taken for a fool. Just don't understand it. Each to their own I guess. I won't be bothering again.

Sorry mate, I've seen City in this situation before and I've always tried to support them through it.  I suppose the younger element on here might want to give in every time the team isn't doing well, but then these days it's all about success, isn't it?  I support CIty, I enjoy watching football, and I will continue to cheer the team on and hope that they escape relegation.  I regret to say that in my opinion fair-weather fans like you won't be missed.

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

How about this novel idea, you go, support your team and at that end if the performance is no good and you can get enough people to join, give a chorus of Johnson out at the final whistle, think the message would be clear then for all the people sat at home, who otherwise would look at a partially empty stadium and think crap support because they are not doing very well.

Alternatively you could also be a bit of a diva and go on a forum and proclaim I have had enough and not going anymore and wait for all the love you miss you already support.

Just to be clear - I am not LJ, SL, either of their mums, dads or relatives, a happy clapper, blind or any of the other silly school boy remarks normally reserved for a positive post. I have held a season ticket for 30+ years and gone longer than that, seen much worse times and yes want LG sacked (although now I do question who we could get in to take us on, with so few game left)

Spot on.  Much better expressed than I could.

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry mate, I've seen City in this situation before and I've always tried to support them through it.  I suppose the younger element on here might want to give in every time the team isn't doing well, but then these days it's all about success, isn't it?  I support CIty, I enjoy watching football, and I will continue to cheer the team on and hope that they escape relegation.  I regret to say that in my opinion fair-weather fans like you won't be missed.

Fair weather? I couldn't give a **** if I'm missed or not. The fact is, is anything going to change if super fans like yourself continuously turn up and support the team? No. Now if we all decided enough is enough and be 'fair weathered' fans for a game or two will things change. You bet it would. SL has put two fingers up the fans by sticking by Johnson and criticizing the fans, who in the circumstances have still turned up in numbers. By not going, it's me sticking two fingers back up to him. Will he care, course not. But he would start too when we go down and more empty red seats start appearing. It's nothing to do with the quality of football. It's the quality of management and leadership that I'm struggling with.

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

A boycott wouldn't make the blindest bit of different. If you're an ST holder, they've got your money already so they won't give a shiny shite.

If you're not going to turn up with a ST, you're sure not going to bother buying one for next season. Then he'll give a shite :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Fair weather? I couldn't give a **** if I'm missed or not. The fact is, is anything going to change if super fans like yourself continuously turn up and support the team? No. Now if we all decided enough is enough and be 'fair weathered' fans for a game or two will things change. You bet it would. SL has put two fingers up the fans by sticking by Johnson and criticizing the fans, who in the circumstances have still turned up in numbers. By not going, it's me sticking two fingers back up to him. Will he care, course not. But he would start too when we go down and more empty red seats start appearing. It's nothing to do with the quality of football. It's the quality of management and leadership that I'm struggling with.

Mate. We are the fans who still watched City in the 4th division. We will always go.

Accept it. Just like I respect and accept your right not to attend.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't necessarily agree with you.  The jibe about 'super fans' is rather sad: I'm not a super fan, I'm just someone who has followed this football club through its ups and downs for a long time.  I've always believed that there were thousands like me, but acknowledged that there were always going to be those who jumped ship when the waters got choppy.  We saw that in the 1980s.  If it wasn't for SL you wouldn't be watching football at Ashton Gate, so I do think he deserves a little respect.  You may not agree with the direction in which he is taking the club, but then your financial contribution to Bristol City is considerably smaller than his.  The present strategy might succeed, or it might not, but whatever happens I would hope that Bristol City will continue to exist with a loyal fan base.

As it happens, I know a bit about leadership and management, as I would imagine do a few other people on this forum, and while football these days seems inherently a corrupt industry often run by people who know little about how to run a business, I think that what is happening at Ashton Gate is at least honorable, which is not the case elsewhere.  You might argue that it is misguided, but the notion that Steve Lansdown is motivated by malice towards City supporters is, frankly, laughable.  He is trying to do the best for the club and, having put in the money in he is entitled to get it wrong.  I hope he doesn't though.

maybe another option like would you pay to go and watch us play should be added, as the club has most of  the ST`s on a collar and lead and already has what they want from them....money.....and their attendance will be counted whether they are there or not.

This club stinks atm well past caring in fact what the hell am I doing on here 

9 minutes ago, Jacki said:

A boycott wouldn't make the blindest bit of different. If you're an ST holder, they've got your money already so they won't give a shiny shite.

They will be asking us to buy them again soon so im sure it will make a big difference. The people who have one and dont go because of johnson are hardly likely to buy another one for the 2017/18 season and the club will know that. They will have to think long and hard before on who they want to manage the team before he begins his quest for league 2 next year.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't necessarily agree with you.  The jibe about 'super fans' is rather sad: I'm not a super fan, I'm just someone who has followed this football club through its ups and downs for a long time.  I've always believed that there were thousands like me, but acknowledged that there were always going to be those who jumped ship when the waters got choppy.  We saw that in the 1980s.  If it wasn't for SL you wouldn't be watching football at Ashton Gate, so I do think he deserves a little respect.  You may not agree with the direction in which he is taking the club, but then your financial contribution to Bristol City is considerably smaller than his.  The present strategy might succeed, or it might not, but whatever happens I would hope that Bristol City will continue to exist with a loyal fan base.

As it happens, I know a bit about leadership and management, as I would imagine do a few other people on this forum, and while football these days seems inherently a corrupt industry often run by people who know little about how to run a business, I think that what is happening at Ashton Gate is at least honorable, which is not the case elsewhere.  You might argue that it is misguided, but the notion that Steve Lansdown is motivated by malice towards City supporters is, frankly, laughable.  He is trying to do the best for the club and, having put in the money in he is entitled to get it wrong.  I hope he doesn't though.

you have taken the p before and fell over, SL isn't the only person in the world with money I hate his dictatorship and what this club has become.....a joke managed by trainees.

22 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

If you're not going to turn up with a ST, you're sure not going to bother buying one for next season. Then he'll give a shite :thumbsup:

Exactly. 

When ST sales in League One are down by 3-4K they might start to realise how pissed off people really are. 

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Mate. We are the fans who still watched City in the 4th division. We will always go.

Accept it. Just like I respect and accept your right not to attend.

No issue with people going. My comment was in retaliation to being called fair weather. Came across wrong and was silly. 

The situations arnt comparable. Back then the club needed all the support possible, at the moment I feel our support it being taken for granted.

7 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

No issue with people going. My comment was in retaliation to being called fair weather. Came across wrong and was silly. 

The situations arnt comparable. Back then the club needed all the support possible, at the moment I feel our support it being taken for granted.

But then, like now, the board had no one to blame but themselves. 

BTW I'd never criticise anyone for deciding - for whatever reason - not to go to a game. As I've said before, it's meant to be a leisure activity not National Service! 

17 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I'd be amazed if they arent already worried

Well if the love child is still in place next they'll have 11.000 rattling around inside Ashton in league 1 . What a legacy lansdown will leave us. 

Harry Dolman built a stand and delivered top flight football.  

Lansdown built 2 1/2 stands and delivered more or less abject failure on the pitch. 

Cotterill wasn't his appointment before anyone mentions him. 

6 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

If you're unhappy as almost everyone I know is about the current shitstorm created by LJ and prolonged by SL then I recommend everyone goes down their local/stay in the pubs around BS3 and fund their local businesses, which would love and appreciate your custom, rather than Bristol Sport. 

The game is on Sky so you can watch it anyway and if, hopefully, there's an actual proper boycott the empty seats could be focussed on by the Sky cameras and broadcast to the nation.

Whatever the result against Wigan it will not change people's views I doubt so we have 9 days to get organised and spread the word (someone would have to post on the Facebook group for me as I ain't on there) - should enough be interested we could even highlight it with sky so they could mention the current mood around the club. 

Just an idea. Plus, we can all have a beer or 6 while watching the game! 

Not for me.....I'll support the team in red

I remember watching in the dark days when we were at the bottom of Div 4, I paid my money and a couple of times left at half time because it was so poor. The team need support not protests, save them for the summer. I think it is preferable if the one's that want to protest do boycott, whoever is there on Friday against a good side that we will probably struggle against at times needs to get 100% behind the team and not start a stupid self indulgent protest that will achieve nothing.

What was obvious last night was that when a player heard the moans and groans their heads dropped, when we got behind them they worked that bit harder, the results in the second half were tangible.

I never wanted LJ as a manager, he was a coward as a player and was always going to be a devicive choice, but I will always support whatever team he put outs because they are Bristol City.

Ok, maybe my fair weather fans comment was a little flippant and inappropriate, but I'll tell you where I'm coming from.

We all support the same team.  The team isn't doing well.  We're all unhappy with that.  That much is true.  But if you look at how City is run - an owner who is also a supporter and is prepared to plough huge amounts into the club; a manager who is a former player (albeit never a popular one) and does care about the club, whatever people think; almost a new ground - I don't see a lot fundamentally wrong.  Of course, you can argue that people simply aren't good enough and of course that could be true, but what I can't take is the ANGER on this site, and the motives that are attributed to Steve Lansdown and to the staff.

If you want a real reason to be angry about being a football fan, be a fan of Chester City, which was destroyed by criminal management; or Hereford United; or deal with the Oyston family and what they have done to Blackpool; or be a Blackburn fan; or even be a Man Utd or Liverpool fan who really cares about your club and who realises how your clubs wealth has been appropriated by people who do not care about the club.  Assets have been stripped by cynical people only interested in their own wealth right across the game, and few people have been able to do anything about it.  Why was AFC Wimbledon formed?  Why was FC United of Manchester formed?  These are the fans with real justification for being angry, not us.  We're going through a bad patch; we've been through them before; mistakes are probably being made; they've been made before.  But don't suggest that anyone presently associated with the club is acting out of malice or vindictiveness.  They may be incompetent or stupid or useless - there's always that possibility - or they may be genuinely trying to do what they think is best for the club.

How could anyone be happy being with where we are at the moment?  However, let's just get it in perspective.

If Steve stuck two fingers up me I have no recollection of it. Bad stuff that Rohypnol. 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It's all relative though, isn't it.

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ok, maybe my fair weather fans comment was a little flippant and inappropriate, but I'll tell you where I'm coming from.

We all support the same team.  The team isn't doing well.  We're all unhappy with that.  That much is true.  But if you look at how City is run - an owner who is also a supporter and is prepared to plough huge amounts into the club; a manager who is a former player (albeit never a popular one) and does care about the club, whatever people think; almost a new ground - I don't see a lot fundamentally wrong.  Of course, you can argue that people simply aren't good enough and of course that could be true, but what I can't take is the ANGER on this site, and the motives that are attributed to Steve Lansdown and to the staff.

If you want a real reason to be angry about being a football fan, be a fan of Chester City, which was destroyed by criminal management; or Hereford United; or deal with the Oyston family and what they have done to Blackpool; or be a Blackburn fan; or even be a Man Utd or Liverpool fan who really cares about your club and who realises how your clubs wealth has been appropriated by people who do not care about the club.  Assets have been stripped by cynical people only interested in their own wealth right across the game, and few people have been able to do anything about it.  Why was AFC Wimbledon formed?  Why was FC United of Manchester formed?  These are the fans with real justification for being angry, not us.  We're going through a bad patch; we've been through them before; mistakes are probably being made; they've been made before.  But don't suggest that anyone presently associated with the club is acting out of malice or vindictiveness.  They may be incompetent or stupid or useless - there's always that possibility - or they may be genuinely trying to do what they think is best for the club.

How could anyone be happy being with where we are at the moment?  However, let's just get it in perspective.

Perspective needed. He has ploughed £100m in over 14 years. In 2014 his assets rose by £550m in one year.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Perspective needed. He has ploughed £100m in over 14 years. In 2014 his assets rose by £550m in one year.

There is a limit to how much he can invest in the footballing side though, Kid.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

As I've said before, it's meant to be a leisure activity not National Service! 

Spot on! This is the entertainment business, and going to the matches needs to offer some entertainment or the only folk there are people who go week in week out because it's a habit, they meet their mates...or whatever. And that's fine, I know people who fit that category, I've fitted it myself in the past. But unless it's entertaining you won't get people who feel they have choices, or other calls on their time.

This "fair-weather fans" thing is unfortunate. I've done my time watching us lose in the lower leagues on grounds far from home. I've done decades of that. But at the moment, far from finding match days entertaining I find them depressing...and I can do without that. I'm sure I'm not alone!

Archived