IGNORED

Huddersfield - BOYCOTT

Benjam!n Ultra

Boycott Huddersfield  

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Colin Sexstone once said that on average 1 in 6 season ticket holders don't turn up each match for whatever reason.

That would be over 2,000 in normal circumstances, but of course some boycotted the match last night, some are fed up with the traffic/parking problems for evening games, and lots of kids who come on Saturdays were missing from the very sparse family section.

I'd say 4.5k in Dolman, 3.5k in the SS, 2k (absolute max.) in the West stand, a few hundred in corporate, 700 in the City side of the Atyeo, plus 900 away fans.

No more than 12k actually in the ground imo.

Section 82 looked to be 3-4000 strong to me. Sang all night as well.

31 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm fairly sure SL has actually said that SC was Dawe's choice, After the failures of KM, Del and SO'D he was fairly content to let someone else have a go is how I remember it, but yes, of course, SL would have to OK it.

I seriously doubt LJ was suggested to SL by someone else.

Keith Dawe isn't going to be in the position to hire and fire managers without the approval of the man who pays the wages and controls the club. I don't doubt that Cotterill was his choice, but he'd still require Lansdown's approval.

In terms of LJ, we aren't in a position to know.

2 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Impossible. They only sold 1000 season tickets in there this season I thought?

Unless you were knocking them for the (lack of) atmosphere and this went over my head!!

It was a whoosh moment @Benjam!n Ultra  Not that I can blame them for their lack of passion given the current circs.... The last 20 I thought the whole support was up for it but until then it was pretty dire.

38 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Keith Dawe isn't going to be in the position to hire and fire managers without the approval of the man who pays the wages and controls the club. I don't doubt that Cotterill was his choice, but he'd still require Lansdown's approval.

In terms of LJ, we aren't in a position to know.

Yep Robbo, that's what I said.

In terms of you 'imagine all appointments are suggested to Landsdown by someone else' do you really think that was the case with LJ?

If so, who by then - JL?

SL had previously given LJ mock managerial interviews for goodness sake. He's clearly had him in mind for the City job for years and it was a question of when he was appointed, not if, and what he'd achieved in the interim - or NOT - seems to have been very much of secondary importance.

33 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

In terms of you 'imagine all appointments are suggested to Landsdown by someone else' do you really think that was the case with LJ?

If so, who by then - JL?

SL had previously given LJ mock managerial interviews for goodness sake. He's clearly had him in mind for the City job for years and it was a question of when he was appointed, not if, and what he'd achieved in the interim - or NOT - seems to have been very much of secondary importance.

You may have forgotten this, but when Lee's then high-flying Oldham side came to a lowly L1 and looked a class-ahead, Otib posters were falling over each other to praise LJ and more than one spoke of him as a "future Bristol City manager in making". Maybe Steve really does read the forum?  :dunno:

11 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

If you're unhappy as almost everyone I know is about the current shitstorm created by LJ and prolonged by SL then I recommend everyone goes down their local/stay in the pubs around BS3 and fund their local businesses, which would love and appreciate your custom, rather than Bristol Sport. 

The game is on Sky so you can watch it anyway and if, hopefully, there's an actual proper boycott the empty seats could be focussed on by the Sky cameras and broadcast to the nation.

Whatever the result against Wigan it will not change people's views I doubt so we have 9 days to get organised and spread the word (someone would have to post on the Facebook group for me as I ain't on there) - should enough be interested we could even highlight it with sky so they could mention the current mood around the club. 

Just an idea. Plus, we can all have a beer or 6 while watching the game! 

As it's on telly, I'd rather a few shout outs for Pembo

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ok, maybe my fair weather fans comment was a little flippant and inappropriate, but I'll tell you where I'm coming from.

We all support the same team.  The team isn't doing well.  We're all unhappy with that.  That much is true.  But if you look at how City is run - an owner who is also a supporter and is prepared to plough huge amounts into the club; a manager who is a former player (albeit never a popular one) and does care about the club, whatever people think; almost a new ground - I don't see a lot fundamentally wrong.  Of course, you can argue that people simply aren't good enough and of course that could be true, but what I can't take is the ANGER on this site, and the motives that are attributed to Steve Lansdown and to the staff.

If you want a real reason to be angry about being a football fan, be a fan of Chester City, which was destroyed by criminal management; or Hereford United; or deal with the Oyston family and what they have done to Blackpool; or be a Blackburn fan; or even be a Man Utd or Liverpool fan who really cares about your club and who realises how your clubs wealth has been appropriated by people who do not care about the club.  Assets have been stripped by cynical people only interested in their own wealth right across the game, and few people have been able to do anything about it.  Why was AFC Wimbledon formed?  Why was FC United of Manchester formed?  These are the fans with real justification for being angry, not us.  We're going through a bad patch; we've been through them before; mistakes are probably being made; they've been made before.  But don't suggest that anyone presently associated with the club is acting out of malice or vindictiveness.  They may be incompetent or stupid or useless - there's always that possibility - or they may be genuinely trying to do what they think is best for the club.

How could anyone be happy being with where we are at the moment?  However, let's just get it in perspective.

Spot on with this post!

I would add to your examples above Brighton & Hove Albion. Completely shafted by the owners and chairman in the late 90s and ended up playing home games 70 miles away in Gillingham (and we complained having to go there 3 times in one season!). Then played at Withdean Athletic track where there was only one covered stand to speak of - remember City fans doing the long jump at half time one season we were there!

Course nobody is happy as this season has been a complete disaster and could still get worse but let's just be careful what we wish for.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You may have forgotten this, but when Lee's then high-flying Oldham side came to a lowly L1 and looked a class-ahead, Otib posters were falling over each other to praise LJ and more than one spoke of him as a "future Bristol City manager in making". Maybe Steve really does read the forum?  :dunno:

You may have forgotten this ;) but I was arguing against those views on this forum after City played Oldham that day.

Time wasting, players feigning head injuries, negative football - Oldham didn't look classy at all. Far from it.

As I was temporarily in the Enclosure that day due to the rebuild, and saw LJ close up, I can tell you I didn't like the cut of his managerial jib one bit.

BTW, I know from debating - with ever increasing horror - with several pro LJ posters just before his appointment was confirmed that it was well known by some fans that SL had decided long ago that LJ would manage this club at some stage - nothing to do with any praise from a few City fans after one match, or suggestions from others imo.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You may have forgotten this ;) but I was arguing against those views on this forum after City played Oldham that day.

Time wasting, players feigning head injuries, negative football - Oldham didn't look classy at all. Far from it.

As I was temporarily in the Enclosure that day due to the rebuild, and saw LJ close up, I can tell you I didn't like the cut of his managerial jib one bit.

BTW, I know from debating - with ever increasing horror - with several pro LJ posters just before his appointment was confirmed that it was well known by some fans that SL had decided long ago that LJ would manage this club at some stage - nothing to do with any praise from a few City fans after one match, or suggestions from others imo.

I'm not sure we can know that positively, unless we worked for the club or were related to SL although I'm aware some Otibers have claimed this.

I'm just bemused that the appointment of LJ is used by some as another stick to beat Lansdown with, when he did what many on the message board were advocating,  and even more were convinced was working until November.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Someone definitely posted a year before his appointment that LJ would be the next manager of City. I can't remember who it was…

15 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Someone definitely posted a year before his appointment that LJ would be the next manager of City. I can't remember who it was…

Spudski said, more than once, that "it wouldn't surprise me if Lee Johnson is head coach here one day." He could see that LJ was a "good fit" for SL before most of us.

Just now, Jack Dawe said:

Spudski said, more than once, that "it wouldn't surprise me if Lee Johnson is head coach here one day." He could see that LJ was a "good fit" for SL before most of us.

It wasn't Spud…I'd remember that. They more or less said, "mark my words, LJ will be the next manager…"

The day going to watch City is just about the result is probably the day I pack it in.  

I enjoy spending time with friends at the football, exchanging banter, celebrating the good times, moaning about the bad times.  

But more than anything I love and I mean absolutely love that following City has given me a special bond with my daughter that I will treasure always. I love the time we spend chatting about City, what the team might be, what the score will be. I love that she pesters me to take her to away games like Ipswich on a cold foggy night when she knows as well as I do that it will more than likely end in misery. I love that despite that she still desperately wants to go through it all again at the next away game. I really love that despite getting hit in the head with a smoke bomb she still wants to go to the next away game. 

I love that we share all that because of City so whilst I respect everyone's right to boycott I'm afraid I won't be staying away from games to support it

CTID

4 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

The day going to watch City is just about the result is probably the day I pack it in.  

I enjoy spending time with friends at the football, exchanging banter, celebrating the good times, moaning about the bad times.  

But more than anything I love and I mean absolutely love that following City has given me a special bond with my daughter that I will treasure always. I love the time we spend chatting about City, what the team might be, what the score will be. I love that she pesters me to take her to away games like Ipswich on a cold foggy night when she knows as well as I do that it will more than likely end in misery. I love that despite that she still desperately wants to go through it all again at the next away game. I really love that despite getting hit in the head with a smoke bomb she still wants to go to the next away game. 

I love that we share all that because of City so whilst I respect everyone's right to boycott I'm afraid I won't be staying away from games to support it

CTID

this breaks my heart. this is exactly what supporting my club should be about, through good and bad.

and the fact that I'm even considering protesting by not attending speaks volumes to how much he's poisoned my club. 

Johnson Out, Ashton Out, BS Out. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If so, who by then - JL?

SL in The Post, May 2016: "We'd known Lee a long time........ Keith Dawe and myself had always been in contact with him, even during the time he was at Oldham and Barnsley. He had always been on our radar as somebody we might want to bring to the football club at some time in the future.

When the opportunity arose, we obviously thought of him"

SL then goes on to say how he and Keith "wondered if it might not be a bit too soon for him," how right they were, but sadly "He convinced us it would not be," how wrong Lee was.

I look forward to another Post interview in May in two months in which Steve can look back on and reflect once more on their "bold and far-sighted" decision to appoint Lee.

Sadly, correspondent a stockhausen will not be around to update us on his thoughts last May:

"Many City fans questioned the wisdom of selecting a 34 year old with no previous managerial experience in the Championship to succeed Steve Cotterill......

But the doubters have been silenced......."

Bon voyage, Andy!

51 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not sure we can know that positively, unless we worked for the club or were related to SL although I'm aware some Otibers have claimed this.

I'm just bemused that the appointment of LJ is used by some as another stick to beat Lansdown with, when he did what many on the message board were advocating,  and even more were convinced was working until November.

I don't think many were advocating LJ at all RR.

Iirc. polls were set up post SC as to who fans would like to be the next City manager and LJ didn't even get a mention.

Archived