IGNORED

Leave the guy alone........

glastonred

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Relegation, and that is where Johnson is taking us despite yesterday's welcome win, will leave us with a very large squad of players, almost all on wages well above League One level, the better ones will leave and we will be left with the average ones. Added to which we will be playing in a half-empty stadium at home much of time, our revenue from TV and the like will drop by 80%. All that fine achievement of 2 seasons ago will have been flushed down the toilet.

So maybe not "destroyed", but Johnson if allowed to stay in place and take us down will have caused major long-term damage.

Never in the history of BCFC has a manager been given so much and made such a mess of it.

#Johnsonoutnow

All true, but it won't destroy the club. That was my point. That is just being melodramatic. 

I think we have to shrug our shoulders now and say he's here for the rest of the season minimum. 

4 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

You're a brave person for writing this - fair play to you. 

Unfortunately you are going to get some personal abuse from some on here who won't be able to accept your opinion and because it differs from theirs then you must be Gas.

Edit - just read the replies after I wrote this and am not surprised by a small number of idiotic responses to you. It says a lot when some fellow supporters verbally insult someone with a different opinion instead of being able to accept your views or set out a constructive response.

there are differing opinions and there are just plain bonkers delusional opinions, sometimes you just cannot let it pass without comment people criticise when we are crap for 20 odd games and they are called negative, we win one game and somebody comes on and says there is a light flickering at the end of the tunnel it's laughable you cannot expect people not to comment unfavourably.

It's pathetic the amount of people that would rather we fail just to see LJ go. And then they cry when they realise they're in a minority at actual games. A lot of people on this forum, as a poster above implies, feels like a lynch mob.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

It was noticeable for sure but when the team has been struggling for so long a number of posters simply don't know what to say when a win actually comes along......

Lose on Friday and they'll all be back.......

There'll be many more if we did lose especially with it being on tv

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

there are differing opinions and there are just plain bonkers delusional opinions, sometimes you just cannot let it pass without comment people criticise when we are crap for 20 odd games and they are called negative, we win one game and somebody comes on and says there is a light flickering at the end of the tunnel it's laughable you cannot expect people not to comment unfavourably.

Certainly don't expect people not to comment unfavourably - my post was more aimed at the inevitable lack of IQ responses in some of the posts. The OP certainly doesn't deserve the '**** you!!!' response (unless that was meant to announce their love for the OP!)

It's just a sad reality of being a City fan (heightened by the current situation) that if you don't agree with the vocal few on Otib (I'm talking about the few that struggle to string a sensible argument together) then you're labelled Gas, happy clapper, part time fan etc - but certainly not a City fan allowed to have a different opinion.

Seems it's open season to turn on City fans right now.

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Certainly don't expect people not to comment unfavourably - my post was more aimed at the inevitable lack of IQ responses in some of the posts. The OP certainly doesn't deserve the '**** you!!!' response (unless that was meant to announce their love for the OP!)

It's just a sad reality of being a City fan (heightened by the current situation) that if you don't agree with the vocal few on Otib (I'm talking about the few that struggle to string a sensible argument together) then you're labelled Gas, happy clapper, part time fan etc - but certainly not a City fan allowed to have a different opinion.

Seems it's open season to turn on City fans right now.

I'm afraid that's what happens when you stick your head up over the parapet it tends to get shot at, it's not a personal attack its just after so much disappointment to be optimistic after one positive result was asking for it. 

12 hours ago, glastonred said:

Please will all those Johnson haters out there give the guy a break. However untidily, we've just won a game, and we're out of the bottom three. I'm sure there is relief all round the City camp. I appreciate we've still got Huddersfield next, and that will be very tough, as will the final games. But  let's just give the club all of our support for the remaining matches. We've got a good squad who can get us out of the mire of relegation. I have to own up to being one of the very few Johnson supporters left, at least on this forum. I am hoping and praying that we can rise up the table just enough to stay out of danger and that Lee and the lads can breathe a sigh of relief and regroup for next season in the Championship. I have been shocked by the hatred and vitriol voiced on here. Some of the personal insults have been appalling. LJ is damned if he does and equally damned if he doesn't. This has undoubtedly been a dark time, but maybe the light is glimmering just that little bit brighter. I. for one, (maybe the only one) would like to think so. 

I feel you and others are building a straw man out of the relative handful of comments and posters who actively abuse or "hate" LJ. They're are far outnumbered by reasonable arguments, and this thread bears witness to that. I can't imagine why anyone thinks he's doing a good job...and let's face it almost nothing has been posted in recent weeks which explains why that's an opinion held by his defenders. We are simply exhorted to "leave him alone"...Fair enough. But beyond me. This is a football forum on which to discuss the prospects of Bristol City...which seem, in my opinion, unnecessarily grim at the moment and for which I hold the manager accountable.

Second...football supporters generally support clubs, not managers. Managers come and go. I doubt anyone followed Brian Clough from Derby to Forest because they were a "Brian Clough" fan. The whole concept of a Lee Johnson supporter bemuses me. He's to be judged by Bristol City fans on the basis of the job he's doing for our club, not personal loyalty. His performance has been exceptionally poor!

10 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

And the geordies are too but we drew 2 2 does that mean late push for promotion?

The only thing City are pushing for is not to get relegated this season (I've put a bet on a top half finish at 66/1, it's a long shot but if it comes off, look for a smug bar-steward walking around with a big smile start of next season). Promotion with LJ next season, why not? :robbored:

16 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I feel you and others are building a straw man out of the relative handful of comments and posters who actively abuse or "hate" LJ. They're are far outnumbered by reasonable arguments, and this thread bears witness to that. I can't imagine why anyone thinks he's doing a good job...and let's face it almost nothing has been posted in recent weeks which explains why that's an opinion held by his defenders. We are simply exhorted to "leave him alone"...Fair enough. But beyond me. This is a football forum on which to discuss the prospects of Bristol City...which seem, in my opinion, unnecessarily grim at the moment and for which I hold the manager accountable.

Second...football supporters generally support clubs, not managers. Managers come and go. I doubt anyone followed Brian Clough from Derby to Forest because they were a "Brian Clough" fan. The whole concept of a Lee Johnson supporter bemuses me. He's to be judged by Bristol City fans on the basis of the job he's doing for our club, not personal loyalty. His performance has been exceptionally poor!

Absolutely spot on.

My analogy is LJ has been like taking your car to the same garage for 5 months and the garage returning your car with exactly the same problem and in between convincing you to part with loads and loads of money for new parts that it would now appear that you never really needed because the parts you already had probably only needed a tune up in the first place and now you have loads of hastily purchased expensive parts just sitting on the bench gathering dust, that is genius.

Some of you need to open your eyes and appreciate what has occurred to our fan base. And I say our fan base, because we all support our club. The attitude of what some may term as “happy clappers” is as blind as those that believe that anyone who voted for brexit is a racist, rather than perhaps wanting to live in a country that resembles a parliamentary democracy (house of lords is still a stumbling block to this.) To return to football, at the start of the season and at the end of last season there were some people who wanted LJ out, who had a personal dislike to him, but it was a small minority, lets say 5% or less. However, like me, many, many fans supported LJ at the start of the season, but the attrition of poor performances, inept tactics, seemingly irregular team selections, player disappearances, PR smoke screens, brutus like back stabbing, and watching a promising start decay before our eyes to leave us 21st with 38 points after 37 games, has altered our minds. We support our club and our intelligence has led us to voice our concerns that the man who is allegedly steering our ship is leading us onto the shoals of relegation. To insinuate that we are not fans or that our powers of reasoning are diminished for not possessing blind faith, is more than a little ironic; there are places for blind faith, but they do services on a Sunday, not a Saturday.

Johnson needs to go.

56 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

It's pathetic the amount of people that would rather we fail just to see LJ go. And then they cry when they realise they're in a minority at actual games. A lot of people on this forum, as a poster above implies, feels like a lynch mob.

Who has said this? 

12 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Who has said this? 

Have you missed the numerous threads/posters spouting anti-Johnson negativity even today/yesterday instead of actually being happy about yesterday's win? Threads asking what Johnson can do to win over fans after winning a game, getting out of the relegation zone and going three unbeaten being answered with people saying resign. People just want to focus on the negativity even after a win.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

Utter utter nonsense.

Posts like yours are just a smoke screen to attempt to defend the indefensible. 

You pick up on an extremely minority view (even on here) and the odd loan voice at games and try to portray it as the majority view.

The majority view is quite simple LJ is not and will never be up to the job and the fans deserve much much better.

And that majority view has increased and hardened by the utter contempt shown in recent decisions, interviews and statement from the hierarchy at BS including the manager himself, the club is in crisis IMO, 16mil worth of signings and 12 mils worth are deemed not good enough to start games, meanwhile a team that cost a grand total of 300k are grinding out relegation saving results.

All LJ has achieved is a relegation fight from the jaws of a great start to the season.

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Have you missed the numerous threads/posters spouting anti-Johnson negativity even today/yesterday instead of actually being happy about yesterday's win? Threads asking what Johnson can do to win over fans after winning a game, getting out of the relegation zone and going three unbeaten being answered with people saying resign. People just want to focus on the negativity even after a win.

A minority view with mainly the same loan voices, about the same in number as the loan voices who start threads like this.

8 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

It would be a little fickle of us Johnson out brigade if we're so ecstatic with yesterday's result we did a complete turnaround.  I see no positives from yesterday apart from the very welcome 3 points.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Utter utter nonsense.

Posts like yours are just a smoke screen to attempt to defend the indefensible. 

You pick up on an extremely minority view (even on here) and the odd loan voice at games and try to portray it as the majority view.

The majority view is quite simple LJ is not and will never be up to the job and the fans deserve much much better.

And that majority view has increased and hardened by the utter contempt shown in recent decisions, interviews and statement from the hierarchy at BS including the manager himself, the club is in crisis IMO, 16mil worth of signings and 12 mils worth are deemed not good enough to start games, meanwhile a team that cost a grand total of 300k are grinding out relegation saving results.

All LJ has achieved is a relegation fight from the jaws of a great start to the season.

A minority view with mainly the same loan voices, about the same in number as the loan voices who start threads like this.

If it's a minority, it's a significant minority. People saying they were upset when we equalised against Norwich, the place is full of people with sad agendas at the moment. Maybe LJ isn't up to it, but he's doing his best and we've made positive strides over the last few weeks, so I don't see why people have to be so negative currently. If we had brought someone in and they had got the same results over the last three games, people would be positive. It's a facade and it's caused by us bringing in a new manager every 12 months.

The club is in crisis? Goodness me, give over. I agree the board have shown their ineptitude this season and it's been miserable for the last 3-4 months but a Championship relegation fight doesn't equate to a club being in crisis. Have a word with Coventry, Blackpool and Leyton Orient fans if you think this is a club in crisis.

He may have achieved a relegation fight but he was also responsible for that great start to the season. From February to October he did a good job. From October to February he did a bad job. The board have gambled in sticking by him, but we've started to show more positive signs in recent weeks but people still will focus on the negativity because of their views on LJ.

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It would be a little fickle of us Johnson out brigade if we're so ecstatic with yesterday's result we did a complete turnaround.  I see no positives from yesterday apart from the very welcome 3 points.

Ok, sure. But why not keep quiet then instead of asking a manager to resign and other abuse aimed at him (not on about you personally btw) after a massively vital win in a relegation six-pointer?

21 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Sorry mate, but I call bollocks.

I personally am yet to see anyone on here say they'd rather us lose/go down in order to get a better chance of getting LJ sacked. Anyone now, who actually uses there head, should know LJ probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon, even if we did go down. I've said numerous times in the past, I want us to do well, I want us to survive relegation, but under the current management this is going to be very tough. 

Did you really expect people to suddenly be all positive after yesterdays result? We got lucky, it was another poor showing, but thankfully Flint stepped up and got us the all important three points. However, that doesn't change the fact we're still in the shit. Blackburn get just a draw on Tuesday and we're back in the bottom three. We have a manager who's dimwitted and spouts nonsense and STILL doesn't know his best line-up/formation. We have our owner, who is just shockingly bad at business when it comes to footballing terms.

Big win, but it hardly changes much. 

I'd have more respect for these type of posts if they weren't based on nothing but

hope 

No reasons

Just hope

Amazing how these posts come out after scraping past a poor Wigan side

Id keep your powder dry personally

Delighted with three points but the over reaction from the faith is priceless

19 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I'm happy about the win and not happy about Johnson.

How is this focusing on negativity?

It's clear to all of us that LJ is going nowhere. So the question is which is more important in the short term, staying in the decision or being anti LJ? It has to be the former. Time to get behind the team as one voice before and during games. Show appreciation to the players afterwards too. Ignore Johnson till the destination of our future is sorted then show Johnson and the powers that be how we feel. We can vent here but for now time to back the players, whoever LJ has drawn out the hat. 

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Ok, sure. But why not keep quiet then instead of asking a manager to resign and other abuse aimed at him (not on about you personally btw) after a massively vital win in a relegation six-pointer?

I can see your point but the there'd be a lot of crowing that we only appear on the forum when we're doing badly and we want the club to fail.  A lot of us do not believe LJ is the man to take us onwards and yesterday was not won because of LJs tactical genius but more a case of getting lucky against a poor team.

I'll take games like yesterday for the rest of this season if we stay up, still no faith in LJ though.

6 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Sorry mate, but I call bollocks.

I personally am yet to see anyone on here say they'd rather us lose/go down in order to get a better chance of getting LJ sacked. Anyone now, who actually uses there head, should know LJ probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon, even if we did go down. I've said numerous times in the past, I want us to do well, I want us to survive relegation, but under the current management this is going to very tough. 

Did you really expect people to suddenly be all positive after yesterdays result? We got lucky, it was another poor showing, but thankfully Flint stepped up and got us the all important three points. However, that doesn't change the fact we're still in the shit. Blackburn get just a draw and Tuesday and we're back in the bottom three. We have a manager who's dimwitted and spouts nonsense and STILL doesn't know his best line-up/formation. We have our owner, who is just shockingly bad at business when it comes to footballing terms.

Big win, but it hardly changes much. 

I expected people to be positive about the result, not our overall situation. Sure Blackburn need a draw to go back above us but they've got an extremely tough game and couldn't hold a lead against a ten man Norwich team yesterday. Our fixture list is more generous on paper compared to those around us and we're now 3 unbeaten and have just won a vital relegation six pointer. We would have won two of them if Tomlin could have converted a penalty.

What I didn't expect was people to focus on the negatives instead of showing any signs of positivity about the result. A lot of people have made up their minds and will prefer to focus solely on the negatives which is sad in my eyes.

13 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

If it's a minority, it's a significant minority. People saying they were upset when we equalised against Norwich, the place is full of people with sad agendas at the moment. Maybe LJ isn't up to it, but he's doing his best and we've made positive strides over the last few weeks, so I don't see why people have to be so negative currently. If we had brought someone in and they had got the same results over the last three games, people would be positive. It's a facade and it's caused by us bringing in a new manager every 12 months.

The club is in crisis? Goodness me, give over. I agree the board have shown their ineptitude this season and it's been miserable for the last 3-4 months but a Championship relegation fight doesn't equate to a club being in crisis. Have a word with Coventry, Blackpool and Leyton Orient fans if you think this is a club in crisis.

He may have achieved a relegation fight but he was also responsible for that great start to the season. From February to October he did a good job. From October to February he did a bad job. The board have gambled in sticking by him, but we've started to show more positive signs in recent weeks but people still will focus on the negativity because of their views on LJ.

I am glad you are happy and don't think that there is a crisis, people being dismissed and bullshit interviews masquerading as explanations, must win games (where even a draw is not good enough) that within 48 hours become just another game, 5 months of utter embarrassing dross punctuated with the odd 'slight' improvement and millions of pounds apparently spunked on players that were going to re-invigorate our season now apparently deemed not good enough and that are probably not worth a **** now bleeding the life out of the club with debt and high wages and all this maybe in the first division, no crisis here then.

A significant minority what does that mean?.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

I expected people to be positive about the result, not our overall situation. Sure Blackburn need a draw to go back above us but they've got an extremely tough game and couldn't hold a lead against a ten man Nowrich team yesterday. Our fixture list is decent compared to those around us and we're now 3 unbeaten and have just won a vital relegation six pointer. We would have won two if Tomlin could have converted a penalty.

What I didn't expect was people to focus on the negatives instead of showing any signs of positivity about the result. A lot of people have made up their minds and will prefer to focus solely on the negatives which is sad in my eyes.

Head to the match thread at the time the goal went in if you want to see some positiveness. 

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I expected people to be positive about the result, not our overall situation. Sure Blackburn need a draw to go back above us but they've got an extremely tough game and couldn't hold a lead against a ten man Norwich team yesterday. Our fixture list is more generous on paper compared to those around us and we're now 3 unbeaten and have just won a vital relegation six pointer. We would have won two if Tomlin could have converted a penalty.

THE (only) (big) positive is three points 

Simple

Since Burton I see we've given up on the we havnt got the resources of Villa

The new trend is to compare us with Coventry and Orient 

Course they've had a load of money spent on their squads for a few years 

Great comparison 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am glad you are happy and don't think that there is a crisis, people being dismissed and bullshit interviews masquerading as explanations, must win games that within 48 hours become just another game, 5 months of utter embarrassing dross punctuated with the odd 'slight' improvement and millions of pounds apparently spunked on players that were going to re-invigorate our season now apparently deemed not good enough and that are probably not worth a **** now bleeding the life out of the club with debt and high wages and all this maybe in the first division, no crisis here then.

A significant minority what does that mean.

I've not stated that I'm happy, just that I don't believe the club to be in crisis. I blame the board for this season not LJ, so I just find it unnecessary to see abuse aimed at him even after a vital win.

A significant minority means a vocal minority. Which has probably been proven to be the case already going by the protests etc that people wanted on here.

Archived