IGNORED

Leave the guy alone........

glastonred

Our team is maybe not so good as I thought. We were winning in the beginnig often with very late goals, good so. But reality is know. The table never lies, ok we have had some bad luck, most of the losses one goal. Think its not only LJs fault, a natural lb and rb is missing. KS is hopefully our rb now. We are weak at the flanks and the other team knows it. LJs teampick I can question. We have so many players and few wins so there is no continuitet. If he should have been sacked , jan or feb had been the right time. Wolves, Burton, Wigan, Forest, Nottingham are in the same situation as us. Blackburn to. Wolves and Brum new managers, few wins. Blackburn it works so far. Its a weakness in a club that always change managers I think. Dont say LJ is the right one but If we continue to have a new manager every season, we will have no sucses. Our history is second and most third division. If we could be established in this div I think it would be a progress. New stadium, bigger crowds. large city, Bristol City have the possibilities to became a decent football club. At the moment we have to stay in this leauge, thats the thing. The board says LJ is the manager. We have to face it, right or wrong, the future will tell. Coyr!

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

True, but that works both ways. There's a few who've been very quiet since full time yesterday yet would been all over the forum like a rash if we hadn't won.

Last night was the quietest it's been on here after a match for months. Not particularly surprising, but it was noticeable. 

It was noticeable for sure but when the team has been struggling for so long a number of posters simply don't know what to say when a win actually comes along......

Lose on Friday and they'll all be back.......

7 hours ago, pillred said:

unfortunately I think he is being serious. if he went to a restaurant and they served him 17 crap meals out of 20 I doubt he would give them a glowing review on trip advisor so what is the difference?

Very true, but as I have alluded to in previous posts our good start masked the fact we were perhaps no where near as good as many thought we were. Our win at Burton for example and the win at Fulham was to be honest a 'freak' result when they dominated the game. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is the purpose of a fourum, no point in having one otherwise if we were all clones. 

Ok, if he stays as seems likely (even if we get relegated?) what happens in his third transfer window, another revolving door and how many in and out. He always said it would take three transfer windows. 

If we are relegated I would hope he would resign. If we survive by the skin of our teeth, a possibility for sure, he will remain. 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was noticeable for sure but when the team has been struggling for so long a number of posters simply don't know what to say when a win actually comes along......

Lose on Friday and they'll all be back.......

Maybe they were all celebrating with a few more ciders than usual? :drunk2:

8 hours ago, glastonred said:

Please will all those Johnson haters out there give the guy a break. However untidily, we've just won a game, and we're out of the bottom three. I'm sure there is relief all round the City camp. I appreciate we've still got Huddersfield next, and that will be very tough, as will the final games. But  let's just give the club all of our support for the remaining matches. We've got a good squad who can get us out of the mire of relegation. I have to own up to being one of the very few Johnson supporters left, at least on this forum. I am hoping and praying that we can rise up the table just enough to stay out of danger and that Lee and the lads can breathe a sigh of relief and regroup for next season in the Championship. I have been shocked by the hatred and vitriol voiced on here. Some of the personal insults have been appalling. LJ is damned if he does and equally damned if he doesn't. This has undoubtedly been a dark time, but maybe the light is glimmering just that little bit brighter. I. for one, (maybe the only one) would like to think so. 

Football fans are often tarred as fickle. In the case, I and many others are pleased with the 3 points yet remain Johnson out. 

If we all went quiet and accepted it, then we be lambasted for only appearing when we lose!!! 

Fact is we're crap, have been for a while (which was masked by a media spin on Tammy), Johnson doesn't know what he's doing and we've tumbled like a rock for months. When or should I say if we were to sink to League one without any grumbling of discontent, we'd then be arguing about why people didn't air their concern views earlier!! 

Id say WE are damned if we do damned if we don't. 

41 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

True, but that works both ways. There's a few who've been very quiet since full time yesterday yet would been all over the forum like a rash if we hadn't won.

Last night was the quietest it's been on here after a match for months. Not particularly surprising, but it was noticeable. 

Surely that's fair enough though?

There is no one unhappy with the result yesterday so why spoil the evening arguing that the performance, changes etc. still proves LJ should go?

I imagine most chose to enjoy their evening with a few drinks for once providing nice company on a Saturday evening to their other halves, family etc. 

Rather than the depressed bores we've been almost weekly since the start of October! 

I don't think there's been much hatred and vitriol on here, more reasoned posts on why LJ's not up to the job and should be removed from office. The Facebook comments are more direct though.

LJ's got to earn the respect to get full backing from the fans and he's lost any credibility he had earlier in the season and doubt there's any way back for him due to the last 20 odd games, even if we stay up.

#JohnsonOut

I think that the OP was correct.  The only thing that the Johnson bashers achieve is to put more pressure on the team at an already difficult time and to sow doubt in the minds of the players. Cutting off nose to spite face, mentioned by someone on here, was also correct.  We would achieve more by supporting the club and team at a difficult team.  Many on this forum are acting like an hysterical lynch mob. 

3 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

I don't think there's been much hatred and vitriol on here, more reasoned posts on why LJ's not up to the job and should be removed from office. The Facebook comments are more direct though.

LJ's got to earn the respect to get full backing from the fans and he's lost any credibility he had earlier in the season and doubt there's any way back for him due to the last 20 odd games, even if we stay up.

#JohnsonOut

I would also say that it could be perceived that LJ gets more abuse because the situation has been played out for much longer than usual. It has been dragging on for a long time 

9 hours ago, glastonred said:

Please will all those Johnson haters out there give the guy a break. However untidily, we've just won a game, and we're out of the bottom three. I'm sure there is relief all round the City camp. I appreciate we've still got Huddersfield next, and that will be very tough, as will the final games. But  let's just give the club all of our support for the remaining matches. We've got a good squad who can get us out of the mire of relegation. I have to own up to being one of the very few Johnson supporters left, at least on this forum. I am hoping and praying that we can rise up the table just enough to stay out of danger and that Lee and the lads can breathe a sigh of relief and regroup for next season in the Championship. I have been shocked by the hatred and vitriol voiced on here. Some of the personal insults have been appalling. LJ is damned if he does and equally damned if he doesn't. This has undoubtedly been a dark time, but maybe the light is glimmering just that little bit brighter. I. for one, (maybe the only one) would like to think so. 

Good morning STEVE LANSDOWN 

Sadly, it seems like many on here wouldn't even be happy if he was able to turn things around. 

I'm not saying that he has or will, I'm saying that IF LJ was to suddenly find the formula to a decent end to the season which keeps us safe, comfortably, then I'd be delighted. 

Sadly, I doubt many of the trolls on here would be. 

Thankfully, I think that most who actually attend games would be happy to see recovery and stability. It's got to be better than yet another change (risk)

As I said, I'm not saying that he will, but if he does, then great. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sadly, it seems like many on here wouldn't even be happy if he was able to turn things around. 

I'm not saying that he has or will, I'm saying that IF LJ was to suddenly find the formula to a decent end to the season which keeps us safe, comfortably, then I'd be delighted. 

Thankfully, I think that most who actually attend games would be happy to see recovery and stability. It's got to be better than yet another change (risk)

You only have to look at any of the multitude of "what does he need to do to redeem himself? threads to know that there's a good few who simply don't want him to turn it round now, they've admitted as much. 

And no, I don't think he will either, but would be delighted if he did.

I gave LJ a chance at the start and definitely wanted him to succeed. I'm not a supporter of him and his tactics anymore. But the decision to keep him on is not in our hands and certainly not in LJs hands. The only thing we can all do at the games is support our team as best we can and be the 12th man especially at home. Personally I think if we brought in a new manager now then we're definitely doomed. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism on here, but I agree with the opening thread, some of the things said about LJ on here is totally not called for....COYRs. 

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

While I disagree with the OP, to say Johnson "is destroying this club" is way OTT.  

He's not a good manager and we might be relegated. The club will not be destroyed.

Relegation, and that is where Johnson is taking us despite yesterday's welcome win, will leave us with a very large squad of players, almost all on wages well above League One level, the better ones will leave and we will be left with the average ones. Added to which we will be playing in a half-empty stadium at home much of time, our revenue from TV and the like will drop by 80%. All that fine achievement of 2 seasons ago will have been flushed down the toilet.

So maybe not "destroyed", but Johnson if allowed to stay in place and take us down will have caused major long-term damage.

Never in the history of BCFC has a manager been given so much and made such a mess of it.

#Johnsonoutnow

With only 9 games left we've got to stick with LJ now, too late to change. He's made mistakes this season probably due to inexperience so I guess SL thinks he's still learning and will improve. If it's decided a change is needed it will have to be done at the end of the season.

Changing managers is risky and doesn't always work, look at Wigan on their 2nd manager this season and the fans calling for his head already saying he's worse than the first one.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

:clap: 

Hope you're happy when you do that ;)

27 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I think that the OP was correct.  The only thing that the Johnson bashers achieve is to put more pressure on the team at an already difficult time and to sow doubt in the minds of the players. Cutting off nose to spite face, mentioned by someone on here, was also correct.  We would achieve more by supporting the club and team at a difficult team.  Many on this forum are acting like an hysterical lynch mob. 

The Team has had amazing support , in numbers and vocally , considdering the confused rubbish that we've endured this year. It's a forum, one that I doubt Johnson looks at, and I would say the ideal place to get things off of your chest. Then go to the games and cheer (the team) !

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If we stay up I will be pleased/relieved  , yeah  happy with staying up. But trust me, if we do it will be inspite of LJ not because of him.
You're right , I still won't be happy with the management and it would probably take years of tactical genius and promotion pushes (L1 doesn't count) to cleanse my pallet of this farce of a season.
I honestly don't understand, after everything that he has subjected us to , how anyone could still support him. If I was in SL's position and LJ was my best mate I would by now , very gently asked him to move on. Nothing he has done has even hinted that he will turn this round in the short term. He may prove in years to come, that he is a good manager. That time, most definitely isn't now, 

I would be delighted if we stayed up and delighted with the win yesterday......however i would still want LJ out, i would imagine it will be another year of rebuilding with him bombing out half the players he signed to be replaced by players who probably wont be as good, cus lets face it, what type of established champ players are going to want to play under LJ after the way he treats playes for a single bad game???

Whilst i still think we will depressingly go down, i can see this division being stronger with the likes of Hull, Sunderland and then any out of the remaing bottom 5 with the likes of Sheffield Utd, Bolton, Braford ect potentially coming up. LJ very much still needs binning.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think that's a little harsh BS3.

I personally want him out of our club for all the reasons that have been mentioned, however would love to see him string a few results together and get us safe.

I am certainly not in the camp of " I would except relegation to get rid of LJ " and I can't believe any true City fan would settle for that.

However he has proved this job is way to big for him, not that he has achieved anything in the past anyway even at lower leagues, so the minute we are safe I would want him sacked and a replacement looked for, I wouldn't except any of this "well he saved us from relegation so deserves to keep his job s!!t" 

I think it's a little harsh calling people on here trolls too, as anything negative I write on here about LJ I would be more than happy to get down on my knees and tell him face to face. 

Yesterdays result doesn't alter my opinion of his as a coach fit for purpose, if we had won the game well, say by 3 or 4 then maybe...but a scrappy goal at the death?

However any thoughts of him going now is over, and we just have to keep him on his toes on here I guess, but to think that we need to get off his back is not gonna happen, I will always support the Club, no matter what complete incompetence is shown by the Board in not acting. 

Archived