IGNORED

Leave the guy alone........

glastonred

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

D'ya know what. I would love to be proved wrong. For Johnson to keep us up and even more, for me to be pissed off that he's here for years being successful .
For him to force me to hold my hands up and say, I'm wrong, and sing his name to the rafters as we run out at Old Trafford for the first game of our first Premiership season. 
Don't think it will happen, but I'd happily wave a Lee Johnson flag on that day. As it stands , I don't get SL's unwavering support for a massively underperforming manager. One thing I think it has done is take the pressure of of him, I can't think of many times over the years where LJ would have been given such an easy ride. It may be down to the fans accepting there will be no change so demos have been muted.

I'm not a dyed in the wool LJ fan, I just think the LJ out reaction to our form is blown out of proportion. It remains to be seen just how this plays out. You won't catch me saying 'I told you so' if it all turns out for the better.

My view about the SC sacking, it probably wasn't about form and more about back room politicking

SOD, he was just a bit of an unusual fella who didn't endear himself to the fans, and his results were poor.

DM, in my view, the most dreadful footy we've ever played in recent years and the results were poor.

I'll not go back further than that.

2 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I'm not a dyed in the wool LJ fan, I just think the LJ out reaction to our form is blown out of proportion. It remains to be seen just how this plays out. You won't catch me saying 'I told you so' if it all turns out for the better.

1. My view about the SC sacking, it probably wasn't about form and more about back room politicking

2.SOD, he was just a bit of an unusual fella who didn't endear himself to the fans, and his results were poor.

3. DM, in my view, the most dreadful footy we've ever played in recent years and the results were poor.

1. As I saw it , he was too stubborn to change. Same system, same tactics and same gung ho mentality that stormed the Div 1 league. Sadly the Championship isn't L1 and where a few tweeks would have probably seen us ok he wouldn't see it. Oh and the not filling the bench and not playing loanees things 

2. When I heard him say, that's what a tight 1-0 win looks like, when we had just drawn at home ? I knew he was a gonner !

3. When I see or read dreadful football , all I think is Russel Osman !

12 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

With only 9 games left we've got to stick with LJ now, too late to change. He's made mistakes this season probably due to inexperience so I guess SL thinks he's still learning and will improve. If it's decided a change is needed it will have to be done at the end of the season.

Changing managers is risky and doesn't always work, look at Wigan on their 2nd manager this season and the fans calling for his head already saying he's worse than the first one.

Sorry to state the bleeding obvious but It's too late for a change of managers imo & we are where we are & cannot hide from the fact. We have to get behind the boys for the run in & hope LJ has learnt from his continuous shuffling of players. LJ has shown he has heaps to learn but please lets save all the negative comments to him until our fate has been decided. In a sad sort of way I'm tending to admire him for standing his ground, weaker men would have walked but his love for the club must be obvious to most, he just has to put that into good decisions & results.

Forever the optimist - Always Believe.

2 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Sorry to state the bleeding obvious but It's too late for a change of managers imo & we are where we are & cannot hide from the fact. We have to get behind the boys for the run in & hope LJ has learnt from his continuous shuffling of players. LJ has shown he has heaps to learn but please lets save all the negative comments to him until our fate has been decided. In a sad sort of way I'm tending to admire him for standing his ground, weaker men would have walked but his love for the club must be obvious to most, he just has to put that into good decisions & results.

Forever the optimist - Always Believe.

Don't hog it, I'll have some :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

My view about the SC sacking, it probably wasn't about form and more about back room politicking

SOD, he was just a bit of an unusual fella who didn't endear himself to the fans, and his results were poor.

DM, in my view, the most dreadful footy we've ever played in recent years and the results were poor.

The results in the past 5 months sort of discredit that view, I suspect every single one of the 91 clubs in the 4 leagues would have sacked him months ago and some would have sacked him 3 times.

But I will ask the question once more, what exactly makes LJ so different to the other 91 league managers, immune from anger and the sack, apart from our benefactors inability to admit that he has got it wrong for an 8th time?.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The results in the past 5 months sort of discredit that view, I suspect every single one of the 91 clubs in the 4 leagues would have sacked him months ago and some would have sacked him 3 times.

But I will ask the question once more, what exactly makes LJ so different to the other 91 league managers, immune from anger and the sack, apart from our benefactors inability to admit that he has got it wrong for an 8th time?.

You are asking the wrong guy.

I'd venture a guess that maybe SL is trying something different i.e. he's sacked managers in the past to no avail and maybe he's seeing if patience through a difficult spell will pay off? I suspect that the small margins and GD (the small margins and GD argument is valid no matter how difficult it is for some to swallow) is allowing him to try something else for a change?  Who knows?

We wait to see if SL's patience will pay off.

6 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Absolutely spot on, couldn't of put it better myself

I personally think the whole 'doesn't know his best side' and 'tinkering' aspect has perhaps been slightly over exaggerated. It's especially easy to say when results are going badly.

We've used 32 players I believe and the championship average is 30. So we don't really have a large squad.

Of that 32, what, 4 goalkeepers? 

Defence has actually been pretty consistent in choice TBF, but for injuries:

CB - 3 clear CB's this season.

RB - Both Matthews and Little have had injury problems, so Vyner and Smith called on.

LB - Choice between 2 all season, clearly dependant on the pace of the opposition's right hand side.

Forwards - 4 mainly. Pretty average?

Midfield I admit for me is where it's a little more confusing, mainly: 

Wide players - Tomlin, JP, Bryan, DC, O'Dowda.

Central Mid - GON, Smith, Pack, Hegeler, Brownhill, Bobby.

So that's 11 or so - which is a lot. But you could argue 3 of those 'younger' players might not be expected to play a whole season and GON and Smith have had longish term lay offs.

By comparison Newcastle have something like 7 midfielders on over 20 apps. 

I also think the championship is more a squad game than people realise and give credit to these days, proved by the fact that average number of players used is 30.

There has clearly been chopping and changing though and i've argued that hasn't helped our cause. However I personally think when you look at these factors, especially injuries, it's not as bad as people make out, all this 'lottery balls' stuff. If it wasn't for the injuries, we might even be below average for players used.

23 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yes he should have gone during his record - breaking run, but it is worth reflecting that our last 8 games are W2 D4 L2.  Not breathtaking stuff and we are not out of the woods by any means, but a slamming on of the brakes of sorts.

My personal reaction is like that stated in @1960maaan post.  I reluctantly accept he's  going to be here all season - or at least until relegation is confirmed - so I sort of get on with supporting the team rather than pointlessly calling for his head every 5 minutes as some posters  (not you Emb) do.

It's the Tao of City. Go with the flow and accept that you are not Steve Lansdown,  nor can you change him....

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yes he should have gone during his record - breaking run, but it is worth reflecting that our last 8 games are W2 D4 L2.  Not breathtaking stuff and we are not out of the woods by any means, but a slamming on of the brakes of sorts.

My personal reaction is like that stated in @1960maaan post.  I reluctantly accept he's  going to be here all season - or at least until relegation is confirmed - so I sort of get on with supporting the team rather than pointlessly calling for his head every 5 minutes as some posters  (not you Emb) do.

It's the Tao of City. Go with the flow and accept that you are not Steve Lansdown,  nor can you change him....

Indeed the Tao BCFC and the Te of BCFC supporters 

On 12/03/2017 at 07:56, Northern Red said:

True, but that works both ways. There's a few who've been very quiet since full time yesterday yet would been all over the forum like a rash if we hadn't won.

Last night was the quietest it's been on here after a match for months. Not particularly surprising, but it was noticeable. 

That's because it's the first time in months that we've won a game! 

Archived