IGNORED

Leave the guy alone........

glastonred

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Not a conspiracy, just putting it into context and using common sense. Want conspiracies? Look at the anti-Johnson brigade on here pretending Gary is in charge of how things are run and all that other crap posted which people back up because of their agendas.

The difference being that those posters who believe that,  have at least something (Of whatever basis and genuine or not ) to argue from

Where in your scrambling around the sale of Kodja you have ......none

3 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

We're Bristol city, we never get luck, Blackburn will do Fulham, think the worst then you won't be disappointed Tuesday my friend

Fulham are pushing for a play off spot, beat the Toon 1-3... if Blackburn beat them I will accept our fate as well worthy relegation certs (almost).

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The difference being that those posters who believe that,  have at least something (Of whatever basis and genuine or not ) to argue from

Where in your scrambling around the sale of Kodja you have ......none

No they don't.

And yeah, if you choose to ignore what's pretty clear when you look at the context, whatever.

You continue blaming it all on LJ and think the board aren't to blame. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that all managers fail here and the only manager that didn't was let down and fell out with the board.

3 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

No they don't.

And yeah, if you choose to ignore what's pretty clear when you look at the context, whatever.

You continue blaming it all on LJ and think the board aren't to blame. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that all managers fail here and the only manager that didn't was let down and fell out with the board.

It is no surprise then that you support LJ so blindly when neither of you has the courage to admit you are wrong when evidence, and I repeat, evidence, proves it. In LJ’s case this is obviously the league table and results. I supported LJ for a long time, longer than most, but I had the courage to come on here and admit I had been wrong. Our board is rubbish, we all know that, but they have done nothing but support LJ. The fact that he is still here after the worse losing run in our history, that he has been consistently supported in the transfer market, and that he only has to point a finger to get Pembo sacked (see recent MA interview) shows this.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

No they don't.

Many of us blame both, LJ and the board, I also think many have finally woken up to SL.

The board appear toothless and have an inability to stand up to the owner, I don't believe LJ was employed after a rigorous interview process in the slightest.

SL is running the show with a board, that are that in name only, and sycophants in every role.

He maybe the current custodian but this is our club, and we should have professional board level representation.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Many of us blame both, LJ and the board, I also think many have finally woken up to SL.

The board appear toothless and have an inability to stand up to the owner, I don't believe LJ was employed after a rigorous interview process in the slightest.

SL is running the show with a board, that are that in name only, and sycophants in every role.

He maybe the current custodian but this is our club, and we should have professional board level representation.

That post assumes the board don't agree with the owner, but are afraid to say so.

The truth is we can't know that. Like in all big companies they will all 'sing from the same hymn sheet' in any public pronouncements. At least while they're still involved with the club.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That post assumes the board don't agree with the owner, but are afraid to say so.

The truth is we can't know that. Like in all big companies they will all 'sing from the same hymn sheet' in any public pronouncements. At least while they're still involved with the club.

You are of course correct,  maybe I'm just projecting.

You must agree that a professional fans representative on the board may allay some fears though?

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

You are of course correct,  maybe I'm just projecting.

You must agree that a professional fans representative on the board may allay some fears though?

As my kids (unfortunately) say, it would be 'sick'.

Maybe the scales will fall from SL's eyes eventually. Fan representation at the highest level would help the club, not hinder it. 

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

As my kids (unfortunately) say, it would be 'sick'.

Maybe the scales will fall from SL's eyes eventually. Fan representation at the highest level would help the club, not hinder it. 

Am I correct in saying the shares were diluted when SL 'wrote off the debt'?

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Mine were willed to me, but I believe so. I now own about two square inches of the pitch. :laughcont:

You'll have to use a pogo stick to legally celebrate us staying up when you invade the pitch then!

I only mentioned it as that would have been an ideal time to make a 'gesture' and a very small percentage handed to the fans and allow board representation.

SL appears to want the best for the club and wants a legacy, it just strikes me that it was at that point it was the obvious thing to do?   Instead he settled up the tab on errors of his own making whilst diluting fans share holdings.

I believe the best scenario we can hope for is that, somehow, we scrape through and avoid relegation.

Over the summer we are likely to add a few better quality players to the squad. Lee's magic tombola will lead to a predictable dire start to next season. SL will be unable to sustain his Alternate Realty and sack him in Oct/Nov. That will leave plenty of time for a new man to get a decent squad delivering to its potential.

We can all look back on what a shambles Lee was but the club can move forward and some of the youngsters will be nearer the first team.

If only I could convince myself this will actually happen!!

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

No they don't.

Again 

Please show me where I ' blame it all  ' on LJ and where I don't think the board are to blame

In this instance (Kodja sale) you made a defence of Johnson using it without a shred of evidence or even rumour , and where all available evidence contradicts you

And you won't admit so

Hey ho - no agenda eh

1 hour ago, Bobfish said:

It is no surprise then that you support LJ so blindly when neither of you has the courage to admit you are wrong when evidence, and I repeat, evidence, proves it. In LJ’s case this is obviously the league table and results. I supported LJ for a long time, longer than most, but I had the courage to come on here and admit I had been wrong. Our board is rubbish, we all know that, but they have done nothing but support LJ. The fact that he is still here after the worse losing run in our history, that he has been consistently supported in the transfer market, and that he only has to point a finger to get Pembo sacked (see recent MA interview) shows this.

Where am I wrong in relation to this ?

Maybe you need to take the trouble to read it and what it's about

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Where am I wrong in relation to this ?

Maybe you need to take the trouble to read it and what it's about

I meant neither the poster or LJ has the courage to admit they were wrong, not you. My bad if I didn't make this clear.

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Utter utter nonsense.

Posts like yours are just a smoke screen to attempt to defend the indefensible. 

You pick up on an extremely minority view (even on here) and the odd loan voice at games and try to portray it as the majority view.

The majority view is quite simple LJ is not and will never be up to the job and the fans deserve much much better.

And that majority view has increased and hardened by the utter contempt shown in recent decisions, interviews and statement from the hierarchy at BS including the manager himself, the club is in crisis IMO, 16mil worth of signings and 12 mils worth are deemed not good enough to start games, meanwhile a team that cost a grand total of 300k are grinding out relegation saving results.

All LJ has achieved is a relegation fight from the jaws of a great start to the season.

A minority view with mainly the same loan voices, about the same in number as the loan voices who start threads like this.

I broached the subject of posters wanting City to lose and was told no one on this forum has said 'we want City to lose' (I paraphrase). Turned out that some posters are wilfully blind.

I'm not going to pull up examples because you seem to admit there are indeed some posters who 'want City to lose' (deluded in the belief that it will get LJ sacked, despite SL having gone on record saying he supports LJ). What's troubling is that it appears that posters such as yourself are critical of someone raising this uncomfortable truth as 'nonsense', but in the same breath, seem incapable of being critical of the posters who have actually said they want 'City to lose'. Smoke screens indeed.

You are right, the majority of fans do not want City to lose.

You talk nonsense when you say: 'The majority view is quite simple LJ is not and will never be up to the job...'
A vocal minority will never become a majority no matter how much the minority would like it to be so.

You then go on to talk about some personal view as if it's fact. My personal view, you talking BS - doesn't make me right though.

I have no idea where LJ is taking us at the moment (there has been a turn around in form recently compared to the losing streak - it is fair to ask questions about the extent of any recovery)? City started well, we then went to shit and the question is, can it be turned around?

There is a job to be done (City safety) and until that job is complete, all the BS around LJ, SL, MA et. al. should stop - there is a time and a place for criticism, during a relegation fight is not that time (especially considering that SL has said he supports LJ). This is not to say a post mortem of the season should not take place, it just needs to be after season end - those who like to moan can then fill their boots.

27 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I broached the subject of posters wanting City to lose and was told no one on this forum has said 'we want City to lose' (I paraphrase). Turned out that some posters are wilfully blind.

I'm not going to pull up examples because you seem to admit there are indeed some posters who 'want City to lose' (deluded in the belief that it will get LJ sacked, despite SL having gone on record saying he supports LJ). What's troubling is that it appears that posters such as yourself are critical of someone raising this uncomfortable truth as 'nonsense', but in the same breath, seem incapable of being critical of the posters who have actually said they want 'City to lose'. Smoke screens indeed.

You talk nonsense when you say: 'The majority view is quite simple LJ is not and will never be up to the job...'
A vocal minority will never become a majority no matter how much the minority would like it to be so.

You then go on to talk about some personal view as if it's fact. My personal view, you talking BS - doesn't make me right though.

I have no idea where LJ is taking us at the moment (there has been a turn around in form recently compared to the losing streak - it is fair to ask questions about the extent of any recovery)? City started well, we then went to shit and the question is, can it be turned around?

There is a job to be done (City safety) and until that job is complete, all the BS around LJ, SL, MA et. al. should stop - there is a time and a place for criticism, during a relegation fight is not that time (especially considering that SL has said he supports LJ). This is not to say a post mortem of the season should not take place, it just needs to be after season end - those who like to moan can then fill their boots.

Last game of the season. That lap round the pitch will be something to behold.

6 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

The only thing City are pushing for is not to get relegated this season (I've put a bet on a top half finish at 66/1, it's a long shot but if it comes off, look for a smug bar-steward walking around with a big smile start of next season). Promotion with LJ next season, why not? :robbored:

If that bet happens I will personally drop a Matty Taylor city top to the mem next season

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

WRONG

See how easy it is making assumptions and even worse , getting them wrong and using them as a major argument

From Johsons own mouth- 

SL Made MA & LJ aware of bid but made the decision to accept it or keep him to them

So as I said Nonsense and one less argument to defend Johnson and blame 'The Board'

Academic. We all know if a player wants to leave he leaves, especially when he starts refusing to play. 

I'm surprised anyone blames anyone at Bcfc  for him leaving. 

21 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Academic. We all know if a player wants to leave he leaves, especially when he starts refusing to play. 

I'm surprised anyone blames anyone at Bcfc  for him leaving. 

Agree CR

I wasn't blaming anyone , Kodjas head had clearly been turned 

I was merely correcting the allegation that SL had made the decision to sell JK , leaving LJ up a creek

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree CR

I wasn't blaming anyone , Kodjas head had clearly been turned 

I was merely correcting the allegation that SL had made the decision to sell JK , leaving LJ up a creek

"Up the creek" with £14m in his hand and a more prolific striker on loan, Bob. ;)

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

Well whether or not you believe or not I think that the minority view in either camp are in fact wrong one for actually wanting City to lose and the others for trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

The last poll showed 90% want him gone, do you think that is merely down to results?, it's because he is clearly not up to the job, the evidence is overwhelming, it's not nonsense at all, personally I can see no evidence to contrary and I am quite happy to list that overwhelming evidence should you require it, but i'm sure none of it will be LJ's fault.

You are entitled your opinion and I am entitled to mine and guess what this is a forum where you air your opinion and I air mine, whether you believe it to be right time or not is totally and utterly irrelevant and I for one am less than enthused about some of the shit that SL, MA or indeed LJ have spouted in the here and now and much of it is just plain wrong and aimed at shifting the blame to anywhere but to where it actually belongs.

2 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

There is a difference in wanting City to lose, and not minding a defeat if it brought about a change in manager. The latter had crossed my mind , but with the statements from the top it's clear nothing will change

I'm not going to pull up examples because you seem to admit there are indeed some posters who 'want City to lose' (deluded in the belief that it will get LJ sacked, despite SL having gone on record saying he supports LJ).You are right, the majority of fans do not want City to lose.

Of course a minority can become a majority , minds change. Also don't confuse apathy or acceptance with support.

The million dollar question , literally. We need to be less shit than Wigan and Blackburn, not a lot to ask but something we've been incapable of for about six months.

I've said before , this is the perfect place to piss and moan. 90 minutes on a Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday or this Friday support the team, which for the most part we have. After that if you feel the need to vent your spleen, have at it. Wins will temper that and , as I said apathy and acceptance has played it's part. A few years back the protest would have been quite vicious , not sure if that's changed because of 'modern football' or because it will not change SL's mind but we are where we are. The whole raison d'etre of this forum is discussion, if I don't like a thread , I ignore. If I disagree with a thread , I state my opinion. I want Johnson out , that won't change any time soon, also it's not caused the stadium to fall into the sea ! It's opinions shared , or argued by fans...

We've been shit, lately slightly less shit, we hope 3 teams we hope 3 teams , come the end of the season will be shitter (it is a word).

Will they? Discuss

30 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well whether or not you believe or not I think that the minority view in either camp are in fact wrong one for actually wanting City to lose and the others for trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

The last poll showed 90% want him gone, do you think that is merely down to results?, it's because he is clearly not up to the job, the evidence is overwhelming, it's not nonsense at all, personally I can see no evidence to contrary and I am quite happy to list that overwhelming evidence should you require it, but i'm sure none of it will be LJ's fault.

You are entitled your opinion and I am entitled to mine and guess what this is a forum where you air your opinion and I air mine, whether you believe it to be right time or not is totally and utterly irrelevant and I for one am less than enthused about some of the shit that SL, MA or indeed LJ have spouted in the here and now and much of it is just plain wrong and aimed at shifting the blame to anywhere but to where it actually belongs.

90% of what?

And absolutely right, Internet forums are all about opinions - it is an equaliser for those who might not necessarily contribute in any debate but also a play ground for trolls and nut jobs alike.

The forum guidelines say, 'attack the post, not the poster'. It is a shame that some people have to resort to attacking the poster because their postings just don't stand up to scrutiny - talking generally about this forum.

23 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

1. There is a difference in wanting City to lose, and not minding a defeat if it brought about a change in manager. The latter had crossed my mind , but with the statements from the top it's clear nothing will change

2. Of course a minority can become a majority , minds change. Also don't confuse apathy or acceptance with support.

3. I've said before , this is the perfect place to piss and moan. 90 minutes on a Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday or this Friday support the team, which for the most part we have. After that if you feel the need to vent your spleen, have at it. Wins will temper that and , as I said apathy and acceptance has played it's part. A few years back the protest would have been quite vicious , not sure if that's changed because of 'modern football' or because it will not change SL's mind but we are where we are. The whole raison d'etre of this forum is discussion, if I don't like a thread , I ignore. If I disagree with a thread , I state my opinion. I want Johnson out , that won't change any time soon, also it's not caused the stadium to fall into the sea ! It's opinions shared , or argued by fans...

We've been shit, lately slightly less shit, we hope 3 teams we hope 3 teams , come the end of the season will be shitter (it is a word). 

Will they? Discuss

1. '... wanting City to lose, and not minding a defeat...'. Ah, I see, 'wanting City to lose' light :facepalm:
  2. You're right. My point however was that a minority saying they represent a majority doesn't make them a majority. Hope that clarifies enough for you but if you want to pick holes, carry on - I'll have to get an editor to check my spelling, grammar and meaning in future.
  3. Again, agreed. However you also have to accept that you are likely to be challenged should you be talking shit.

I'm not sure what you want to discuss?

If it is about the degree of shitness of the teams around the bottom 7-8 (including us), then for me it's about the business end of the season (let's say last third). If I was to sum up, first third I thought we were good, the second third absolutely bloody awful, now we are into the final third and wondering what the **** is going to happen. I don't have a crystal ball like some on this forum but I have seem glimpses of less shitness. Does this mean there is a turn around? Who the **** knows? But I can see that some of the clubs around us are in as much shit as us, and in some cases, I suspect more shit than us. So... in degrees of shitness, I hope we are floaters.

5 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:
  1. '... wanting City to lose, and not minding a defeat...'. Ah, I see, 'wanting City to lose' light :facepalm:
  2. You're right. My point however was that a minority saying they represent a majority doesn't make them a majority. Hope that clarifies enough for you but if you want to pick holes, carry on - I'll have to get an editor to check my spelling, grammar and meaning in future.
  3. Again, agreed. However you also have to accept that you are likely to be challenged should you be talking shit.

I'm not sure what you want to discuss?

If it is about the degree of shitness of the teams around the bottom 7-8 (including us), then for me it's about the business end of the season (let's say last third). If I was to sum up, first third I thought we were good, the second third absolutely bloody awful, now we are into the final third and wondering what the **** is going to happen. I don't have a crystal ball like some on this forum but I have seem glimpses of less shitness. Does this mean there is a turn around? Who the **** knows? But I can see that some of the clubs around us are in as much shit as us, and in some cases, I suspect more shit than us. So... in degrees of shitness, I hope we are floaters.

OK here we go ;

1 Context, for many the only way out was for the manager to change. That would have, and has happened at most clubs given our record. I will always want us to win when there and consider the effects after. That said , if you wanted the manager out, and you thought one more defeat would do that, you would be unusual not to at least consider the prospect.

2. Not picking holes, you said minority can't become a majority, it can . Nothing to do with grammar or spelling. Stating you're the majority, I agree doesn't make it so.

3. That's the law of the forum, I've been pulled up on occasion but I always post thing I believe to be true, even if it is shit.

My point being , a statement brings discussion. It's why we're here.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

My point being , a statement brings discussion. It's why we're here.

I like your optimism. I'll have you supporting LJ soon enough :blink:

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Wash your mouth out with soap :disapointed2se:

According to some on the forum, I believe some think I've been eating shit sandwiches, I don't think soap will work.

As we move to the tail end of the season, it will become apparent just who has been talking the most shit.:yes:

2 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

According to some on the forum, I believe some think I've been eating shit sandwiches, I don't think soap will work.

As we move to the tail end of the season, it will become apparent just who has been talking the most shit.:yes:

D'ya know what. I would love to be proved wrong. For Johnson to keep us up and even more, for me to be pissed off that he's here for years being successful .
For him to force me to hold my hands up and say, I'm wrong, and sing his name to the rafters as we run out at Old Trafford for the first game of our first Premiership season. 
Don't think it will happen, but I'd happily wave a Lee Johnson flag on that day. As it stands , I don't get SL's unwavering support for a massively underperforming manager. One thing I think it has done is take the pressure of of him, I can't think of many times over the years where LJ would have been given such an easy ride. It may be down to the fans accepting there will be no change so demos have been muted.

Archived