IGNORED

Engvall

BCFC OF SWEDEN

Just think he is homesick and therefore playing for another club in this country wasn't an option for him. He is obviously desperate to get back to Sweden as soon as he can, for both footballing reasons and I suspect personal ones.

The mistake here from the club may been not getting him more game time early on then therefore making him feel more wanted and part of the group. Over the years I have worked overseas with people who you would have said were very strong characters in every way but homesickness struck and they went home. Trying to talk them around does not work.

I maybe totally wrong but from the outside this scenario looks very similar to ones I have witnessed. In my opinion the club should look to "cut their loses" asap and let him go home. Put one of our under 23 strikers on the bench.

2 hours ago, samo II said:

Amen.  I wish I could like this ten times.

He wants to go back to Sweden and play, by all accounts; LJ's chat about loaning him out is even caveated by the man himself as having said the offers from English clubs probably came in a bit too late.

Considering that Engvall was actually making the bench, and even started a game in January, I think it is understandable why he wanted to stay and try and 'prove himself' here, not go to Bradford or somewhere else last minute.

And "cosy life in Sweden"; he's going back there with the intention of playing and winning a place in their under 21s, not pissing about on a sodding holiday camp.

Honestly; for a young player having uprooted over here with the stated aim (read LJ's statement in his arrival, and what he's said about Engvall across a couple of pressers in December) of him contributing to the first team this season, he's had a pretty rough deal - maybe he's too shit for us, but he didn't buy himself, and LJ treating him like an annoyance after all the positives he's sent his way spanks of our beloved head coach having not clue how to man manage.

I realise you're so one eyed on this you'd give Lee Johnson a pass even if he made the choice to randomly throw house bricks into one of stands at half time, but trying to gaslight one of our young players instead of acknowledging what a bloody mess the coaching staff have made of player management this season just looks silly.

Genuine question:

Who actually identified the player and valued him at what was it £1.5- 2m ?

Who was involved in the deal? 

Swedes on otib who know their market far better than any self professed expert on here, suggest he was worth half that amount, and they are savvy about young players so know all about "one for the future".

I saw him versus Hull and he was all huff and puff - looked fuckall to be honest.

He's a Swedish U21 Wes Burns was a Welsh U21. Not saying we should have spent any more time on Wes, but check the FIFA rankings. Being a Swedish U21 isn't like being a Spanish, German or Argentine one.

Buying a lemon at maybe £750k is painful for us but tolerable. Doing it for double bubble opens up a can of worms in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Genuine question:

Swedes on otib who know their market far better than any self professed expert on here, suggest he was worth half that amount, and they are savvy about young players so know all about "one for the future".

I saw him versus Hull and he was all huff and puff - looked fuckall to be honest.

He's a Swedish U21 Wes Burns was a Welsh U21. Not saying we should have spent any more time on Wes, but check the FIFA rankings. Being a Swedish U21 isn't like being a Spanish, German or Argentine one.

Buying a lemon at maybe £750k is painful for us but tolerable. Doing it for double bubble opens up a can of worms in my opinion.

Probably the same person that identified Jonathan Kodja! 

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Genuine question:

Again, Sweden won the last U 21 championship, so it is right, don´t compare us to Spain or Germany =)

(Also not  England and Wales, as other does)

You must understand that he could never get in the swedish team if he would be playing in League one or two. Sweden have some really good strikers in that age.

Ever heard about Alexander Isak?

1 hour ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Again, Sweden won the last U 21 championship, so it is right, don´t compare us to Spain or Germany =)

(Also not  England and Wales, as other does)

You must understand that he could never get in the swedish team if he would be playing in League one or two. Sweden have some really good strikers in that age.

Ever heard about Alexander Isak?

Apologies, I accept what you say about your current U21's and you clearly have a good team .When Denmark won the senior Euros they had a good team, like when Greece did. With good organisation and spirit a team can go far and beat more illustrious opponents.

What I meant was (with genuine respect) that Sweden does not tend to produce many star individual players like Spain and Germany and with a relatively small population it is perhaps easier for Gustav to get a U21 cap like it would be in Wales? Isak is clearly a talent, but very young, and I dont think he has played in the Bundesliga yet.

England has always struggled against Sweden despite all of our "stars" of course !

Rightly or wrongly, if City signed a German U21 or a Spanish U21, I would expect that person to be in or around the first team starting 11.

So back to Mr Engval, do you think he was good value, or do you think BCFC paid way too much for him? He looked very ordinary when I saw him, and I saw it as an odd signing when you consider how Johnson often sets up his team.

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

LJ himself said that we had a couple of loan offers for Engvall that came in the last couple of days of the windows, it was all a bit rushed and he did not blame Engvall for not taking them up. The fact he has twice gone over to Sweden to train and play to get a national squad side would suggest he is not lazy - but I would love to hear your evidence as to why he is Lazy, has no desire, not interested or petulant ?

Lacking heart and being lazy are not necessarily the same thing..

And was heading back home to Sweden and cosying up with 'ees 'homies' proof of working to prove himself in English football??... 

10 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Lacking heart and being lazy are not necessarily the same thing..

And was heading back home to Sweden and cosying up with 'ees 'homies' proof of working to prove himself in English football??... 

oh please - why even bother replying.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Apologies, I accept what you say about your current U21's and you clearly have a good team .When Denmark won the senior Euros they had a good team, like when Greece did. With good organisation and spirit a team can go far and beat more illustrious opponents.

What I meant was (with genuine respect) that Sweden does not tend to produce many star individual players like Spain and Germany and with a relatively small population it is perhaps easier for Gustav to get a U21 cap like it would be in Wales? Isak is clearly a talent, but very young, and I dont think he has played in the Bundesliga yet.

England has always struggled against Sweden despite all of our "stars" of course !

Rightly or wrongly, if City signed a German U21 or a Spanish U21, I would expect that person to be in or around the first team starting 11.

So back to Mr Engval, do you think he was good value, or do you think BCFC paid way too much for him? He looked very ordinary when I saw him, and I saw it as an odd signing when you consider how Johnson often sets up his team.

I have always said that we paid to much for him, i dont think he will play many minutes in the summer tournament! You dont have to apologies i only wanted to tell you that Sweden will probably have a very good national team in a few years! None of the player will be playing in our own scrappy League! We have already players in teams like Dortmund, Sunderland and Benfica!

But the most importent is that we get 3 points tonight!

COYR

Archived