IGNORED

Engvall

BCFC OF SWEDEN

14 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well i'm not in the know but, was told months 1/2 a season ago by a reliable SAUSE  that Johnson didn't rate him in any way.

So it makes no difference to our current match day squad.

He's never going to get a game no matter what we have available .

Why put him on the bench and not out on loan?

Allegedly, LJ doesn't rate Luke Ayling, Josh Brownhill…

People may see this as another stick to beat LJ with, but .....

Didn't Johnson explain the transfer set up as something like;

Player is scouted and suggested as a target, that is followed up and then as a group (including MA and LJ) they make a decision.
It then gets passed over to MA to sort the financial side.
It was made clear that LJ had a full hand in any player coming in, the scouts wouldn't have the power to sign someone over the coaches head.
Also I'm sure Johnson said HE would have the final say. Taylor has moved on to a bigger club , I don't think he can be held responsible for anything unless, our coach, CEO and board of directors looked at the list of potential signings like a menu, without watching the player or just as bad just video. Then said I'll have that one , that one and that one please.

I get some signings don't come off, but to give him a start V Hull (most people said he did ok) , and a couple of 10 minute run outs isn't enough to see what he can do in English football. Surely if he's good enough to make the bench for all that time, and LJ would have seen him train during that time, then he should have been given at least a couple of proper run outs.
I hope he has a good loan and scores loads , not sure that will make a difference to his City career but it won't hurt.

19 hours ago, RumRed said:

What with that and 3 points yesterday I may have to admit I'm wrong and LJ and the club know what they're doing.  I'm so embarrassed by my negativity and hope people will forgive me.  :ph34r:

Next time you fall off your high horse and break both your legs - don't come running to us!!

18 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

We actually don't know whether Engvall's signing WAS a mistake.  He has never been given a proper chance.  Maybe a more likely scenario is poor man management in the sense of failing to help the young man settle in Bristol, and failing to give him encouragement on the pitch. He simply must have something about him to be a striker for Sweden's u21s. I would need a lot more evidence that the fault lies with the player rather than the management.

Completely agree with this Ivor. A few cup starts and appearances from the bench isnt enough to judge a player on. From the times i've seen him come off the bench he's looked decent (in a mostly under performing team). I thought he may have been given more of a chance during Tammys drought.

The loan move makes sense - Taylor/Djuric are now the off the bench strikers . On a personal front, it must have been disappointing for Engvall to see two strikers come in during the window which are now above him in the pecking order. Game time will be important in his developement both domestically and on the international stage - no matter of world rankings IMO. 

I personally hope to see him back in the summer. 

19 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

We actually don't know whether Engvall's signing WAS a mistake.  He has never been given a proper chance.  Maybe a more likely scenario is poor man management in the sense of failing to help the young man settle in Bristol, and failing to give him encouragement on the pitch. He simply must have something about him to be a striker for Sweden's u21s. I would need a lot more evidence that the fault lies with the player rather than the management.

would not surprise me in the least in a year or two to see him banging them in somewhere and worth millions.

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

If someone wants to leave you can't stop them, but my - and I admit a total conspiracy theory based on just speculation - question is, did Des Taylor recommend we sign Engval? 

And is this in any way linked to the unsubstantiated rumours placed on here by City supporters based in Sweden about some potential jiggery-pokery over the transfer fee... 

Which seemed excessive...

All just speculation...

But sometimes you can't help but wonder... 

2 +2 = ???

Like the rest of you , I can only speculate on what's going on with Engval but at the bottom of it all I suspect a young lad not quite settling into a new way of life and missing his family and girlfriend.

These players are human after all and not immune to the same worries that most of us have .

This loan will hopefully reignite his game and the desire to prove himself at City or if not to stimulate offers from other clubs so that we can recognise the fact that it's not working out and get some or all of the fee back on him .

http://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/blavitt-om-engvall-var-nodvandigt/

Don't know how accurately this has translated.

published March 6, 2017 at 19:45

GOTHENBURG. IFK Gothenburg paid 13 million crowns in compensation to agents in 2016 - the majority in connection with Gustav Engvalls transition to Bristol City.

At the annual meeting commented treasurer Jakob Andreasson tours:

- It was a necessity for us.

Bristol City paid according to data of SEK 25 million to buy off IFK Göteborg U21 international striker Gustav Engvall last year.

But Blåvitt took only received 15 million.

The difference was paid mostly as fees to agents, which has raised questions among supporters.

A total of IFK Goteborg paid out SEK 12.9 million to agents in 2016 - compared to 5.5 million years before.

At the annual meeting got IFK Gothenburg treasurer Jakob Andreasson give his explanation:

- The figure stands out, that's it. But we see a trend in Sweden and other parts of the world where the agent fees are an increasingly common part. They (the agents) are taking a larger share of the pie, simply. 

READ ALSO: Everything from IFK Gothenburg's Annual Meeting

"Had not been possible"

According to Jakob Andreasson club is satisfied with the deal.

- Gustav Engvall was the biggest sales in 2016. We are pleased with the net we got out, it was higher than we had anticipated. And we made the assessment that without agent involvement had not been possible to complete the transition. It was necessary, he says.

He then got questions if there is any negotiation on how high agent fees will be.

- Yes, there is a discussion. Nothing is written in stone, there is no fixed law sum but it's a negotiation each time. Ultimately, we must decide if we think it's worth it.

IFK Gothenburg net transfers for the 2016 landings of 30.8 million.

- The biggest transfer income since we sold Marcus Berg in 2007, says Jakob Andreasson and adds:

- It is of course very positive.

READ ALSO: Why Blåvitt and Engvall in dispute 

Economic dispute with Engvall

GT could Monday to reveal new details of Gustav Engvall affair. 

According to data of the GT, the club got into a dispute with the player. Engvall be under contract have been entitled to a share of the transfer fee, but the club and the player did not agree on how this share should be calculated. According Gustav Engvall, the sum is calculated on the full transfer fee - but according IFK Gothenburg, the percentage deducted from the amount that remains after agents received their share.

Because the agent fees became great was the difference as Engvall and the club disagree on a sum of about 500 000. 

Lawyers have been plugged in to try to mediate the matter.

Sweden are a decent International side, usually give most sides a game.

Engvall is surely simply an unknown quantity as he's barely played! Scored at Fleetwood, looked not too bad (but not too great- just so so) v Hull- but Hull are a PL side.

He's an unknown quantity so it's premature to deem him a flop or useless or this or that.

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

This whole saga suggests to me that Engval is homesick, and never managed to settle in the UK. Although if this is the case I don't know why the club haven't come out and said so.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but it all seems very odd.

This.

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sweden are a decent International side, usually give most sides a game.

Engvall is surely simply an unknown quantity as he's barely played! Scored at Fleetwood, looked not too bad (but not too great- just so so) v Hull- but Hull are a PL side.

He's an unknown quantity so it's premature to deem him a flop or useless or this or that.

He did not score- he did however provide the assist for Paterson's goal and had a shot cleared off the line

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Interview with Engvall. In the very end he is asked to compare the dressing rooms and he say that at Bristol City it's one by one

https://diftv.solidtango.com/video/ge--2

Anything else he says... must admit my Swedish isn't what it used to be :whistle:

Really want to see him succeed at city.

Not exactly happy about the possibility to be recalled in the summer

Det här med att Bristol City har rätt att plocka tillbaka dig i sommar, hur tänker du kring det?
– Det var väl svårt att få bort det. Det är lite segt, men vi får se vad som händer. Jag vet att jag i alla fall kommer vara här till U21-EM och lite till efter det. 

This to Bristol City has the right to pick back up in the summer, how do you think about that?
Well, it was hard to get it off. It's a bit tough, but we'll see what happens. I know that at least I will be here for the U21 European Championship and a little bit after that.

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

No togetherness in City. Players stick to themselves.  

a sad indictment if this is true, especially after seeing Cotts' squad exude togetherness. imagine being Pembo and watching that togetherness in the dressing room be gradually torn apart. 

Archived