IGNORED

Come on Brentford and Fulham

citywest30

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

No.

If we do its a bonus.

Typical over reaction on here - like saying Wolves are safe, "we have to aim for Burton now", etc etc etc etc etc. 

9 games left not just the one - including Wolves and Blackburn.

For me, it may not by definition be a must win but its as close to one as you could possibly get. Beat Huddersfield and we jump up to 19th and make it back to back wins. Momentum like that is crucial at this stage of the season.

If we lose, we are facing the real possibility of going into two tough away games four points adrift as both Burton and Blackburn have very winnable home games on Saturday. I dont think thats a situation we could recover from.

Friday is our biggest game since promotion imho. 

3 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Fair enough fella, I disagree though and feel that a change would have and maybe still would give us a chance. Look at what Mowbray has done at Blackburn in the last couple of weeks.

I agree in the scent maybe a manager could of made this season abut different. I just think there is so much we don't know about our club, its needs gutting out properly

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

It is. Looking at Forests form it is shocking - apart from dicking Brighton 3-0 out of nowhere.

The issue is not so much where we are, so much as how we are playing, and just old fashioned frustration that a large part of it feels self inflicted. 

I'm as frustrated as the next guy mate. But the outcome of our season - whatever it may be - won't be because Blackburn drew with Fulham. 

Just don't understand the meltdown and hysteria over a match we have no influence over. Blackburn have one point more than us after 37 games and all of a sudden everything's all doom and gloom again. There's enough of that to go around when we do play, we don't need it when we don't!

3 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

I agree in the scent maybe a manager could of made this season abut different. I just think there is so much we don't know about our club, its needs gutting out properly

I don't disagree fella but would bet it ain't gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah rumours was he was gonna get sacked last weekend but managed to get a point. Birmingham have 6 points on us and can easily turn it around WITH A NEW HEAD COACH.

Surely not, it's too late to be changing manager according to the good and godly on here? 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm as frustrated as the next guy mate. But the outcome of our season - whatever it may be - won't be because Blackburn drew with Fulham. 

Just don't understand the meltdown and hysteria over a match we have no influence over. Blackburn have one point more than us after 37 games and all of a sudden everything's all doom and gloom again. There's enough of that to go around when we do play, we don't need it when we don't!

I listened to Blackburn and they sounded organised and dangerous, I watch us and it certainly doesn't feel like that, that's what's worrying, other teams seem to be finding momentum whilst were trudging through the gears 

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

'Doom and Gloom'

or

'Realistic'

Now we're writing Huddersfield game off as a bonus !!

How can ANY game / Points from be regarded as a 'bonus'  with 9 games left and when we sit in the bottom three

ha ha

Priceless

1 minute ago, B block said:

I listened to Blackburn and they sounded organised and dangerous, I watch us and it certainly doesn't feel like that, that's what's worrying, other teams seem to be finding momentum whilst were trudging through the gears 

3 games unbeaten, only 3 losses in last 10 despite Abraham being injured, Abraham now back, won a crucial six-pointer away from home on the weekend and we would have beat Burton had the penalty been converted. It's not all doom and gloom.

4 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

I really don't think just changing managers is going to do anything anymore

It would reinvigorate the dejected fans for the battles ahead, and almost certainly the players too.

Not going to happen though, particularly with likely replacements now happily employed elsewhere, so we stand, or quite likely fall, by SL's bewildering faith in LJ.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It would reinvigorate the dejected fans for the battles ahead, and almost certainly the players too.

Not going to happen though, particularly with likely replacements now happily employed elsewhere, so we stand, or quite likely fall, by SL's bewildering faith in LJ.

And what happens if we ain't as lucky as Blackburn and it don't work? It's not all fairy tales my friend

I don't disagree mate. I'm as worried as anyone about the outcome of the season.

But what else can you do - once it's been made crystal clear that the situation won't change - other than to look for the positives and keep everything crossed? 

Football is hopelessly unpredictable and this league more so than anything else. 

I know it's hard to find any positives at the moment but if by some miracle we saw off Huddersfield on Friday and Blackburn lose on Saturday all of a sudden things would look different - and that's what happens when there are so many teams so close together. 

2 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

Maybe one day, I do genuinely believe we won't go down though if that helps your squeaky bum haha

We are all gonna get friction burns on our asses forget the squeaks!

Yes I worry about this. I fear any team who is organised will beat us but then we managed two draws against toon and wednesday but these are both draws! We need wins!

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

3 games unbeaten, only 3 losses in last 10 despite Abraham being injured, Abraham now back, won a crucial six-pointer away from home on the weekend and we would have beat Burton had the penalty been converted. It's not all doom and gloom.

More bloody frustrated by the disallowed goal to be honest, but I suppose swings and roundabouts with the winner at Wigan. We have given ourselves a chance, will now come down to all the teams at the bottom winning or not their 'winnable' games, and hopefully sneaking one against the head when unexpected. Gut feel, it is us or Burton, but we will see.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

More bloody frustrated by the disallowed goal to be honest, but I suppose swings and roundabouts with the winner at Wigan. We have given ourselves a chance, will now come down to all the teams at the bottom winning or not their 'winnable' games, and hopefully sneaking one against the head when unexpected. Gut feel, it is us or Burton, but we will see.

I'd understand the negativity three weeks ago but I genuinely see positive strides made recently. Our fixture list isn't as daunting as it could be either. Nothing is guaranteed but the only one I see as an odds-on loss is Brighton away.

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

But we didn't convert the penalty against Burton and got a fortunate corner from which we scored against Wigan.  More gloom than doom.....

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Bang on, burtons run in is frightening. They could lose them all

only thing is so could we

27 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

And we're all moaning, all we can is continue doing what we are doing, don't worry about others, worry about our team!  We play Blackburn as long as we match them with points till we play them and we either loose or win then I'll be annoyed

Again, I'll ask what bandwagon you're on about? I see people on here saying that there's 'hysteria' from people because Blackburn have got a point. There's no 'hysteria', nor 'bandwagon' or anything else going on as far as I can see just fans of this team of ours voicing concern about our plight and berating the fact that 2 of our rivals got points that could be vital tonight in games we genuinely thought they would not and I can't for the life of me think why that's not deemed ok by some quarters on here!! 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

'Doom and Gloom'

or

'Realistic'

Now we're writing Huddersfield game off as a bonus !!

How can ANY game / Points from be regarded as a 'bonus'  with 9 games left and when we sit in the bottom three

ha ha

Priceless

Not sure what that quote has to do with me as I didn't say it but you have to be pretty stubborn not to accept the point in what he's saying. It's a game that on form you wouldn't expect to win.

Fairly hypocrital if you're saying you don't understand that viewpoint considering you're talking as if you already know the outcome of the next 9 games(!)

I'm sure Blackburn see their point tonight as one gained rather than two dropped despite being in an equally precarious situation. Over the course of the season that may pan out to be true, just as - for example - a point vs Huddersfield could be a very precious one. 

Bottom line is that none of us know the outcome of this season yet, but it'll be defined by the games we play, not games that don't even involve us. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Again, I'll ask what bandwagon you're on about? I see people on here saying that there's 'hysteria' from people because Blackburn have got a point. There's no 'hysteria', nor 'bandwagon' or anything else going on as far as I can see just fans of this team of ours voicing concern about our plight and berating the fact that 2 of our rivals got points that could be vital tonight in games we genuinely thought they would not and I can't for the life of me think why that's not deemed ok by some quarters on here!! 

Because my friend this is the championship for all you know we could go 2 0 up against Newcastle... anything happens in this league

2 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

Because my friend this is the championship for all you know we could go 2 0 up against Newcastle... anything happens in this league

We know what happens next though don't we ;)  (was a great result regardless though - in that case at least!) 

6 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

And what happens if we ain't as lucky as Blackburn and it don't work? It's not all fairy tales my friend

I want LJ out as much as the next fan but I agree it is too late now, as many have said he should have gone after the Cardiff match. 

Form has slightly improved and we managed to get points against some good teams which we couldnt even do before.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure what that quote has to do with me as I didn't say it but you have to be pretty stubborn not to accept the point in what he's saying. It's a game that on form you wouldn't expect to win.

Fairly hypocrital if you're saying you don't understand that viewpoint considering you're talking as if you already know the outcome of the next 9 games(!)

I'm sure Blackburn see their point tonight as one gained rather than three dropped despite being in an equally precarious situation. Over the course of the season that may pan out to be true, just as - for example - a point vs Huddersfield could be a very precious one. 

Bottom line is that none of us know the outcome of this season yet, but it'll be defined by the games we play, not games that don't even involve us. 

2 wins in 5 months and excuses already being laid for defeat Friday

Would be good to hear where all the believers predict we are going to get these wins

Because , quite simply , the evidence over the last 5 months is we aren't 

Will take a major turnaround in performances let alone results and we cannot afford IMHO to write ANY game off as a bonus

1 minute ago, lenred said:

We know what happens next though don't we ;)  (was a great result regardless though - in that case at least!) 

If we go by championship experience previous then yes, Johnson keeps up everyone forgets about this season, next season comes and then we will all be here again

Archived