IGNORED

Come on Brentford and Fulham

citywest30

9 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I'd understand the negativity three weeks ago but I genuinely see positive strides made recently. Our fixture list isn't as daunting as it could be either. Nothing is guaranteed but the only one I see as an odds-on loss is Brighton away.

Please can you list these positive strides 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Please can you list these positive strides 

We did get a point in our last home game :thumbsup:

2 League wins from ? 25 ?

And people think we can suddenly win 4 in 9

Of course it's possible

Wonder how much a professional gambler would put on if the odds were set at evens !!!

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

2 wins in 5 months and excuses already being laid for defeat Friday

Would be good to hear where all the believers predict we are going to get these wins

Because , quite simply , the evidence over the last 5 months is we aren't 

Will take a major turnaround in performances let alone results and we cannot afford IMHO to write ANY game off as a bonus

If we were higher up the table we all would be happy about the last 10 games what ain't helped is everyone else has picked points up but look... we're still matching them 10 games on so it's a positive in my eyes

11 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

But we didn't convert the penalty against Burton and got a fortunate corner from which we scored against Wigan.  More gloom than doom.....

That fortunate corner makes up for about 5-10 losses where we've not got anything due to poor decisions from the ref. Let's hope we get at least another 4 of those which we're due between now and the end of the season to balance it out.

10 minutes ago, lenred said:

Again, I'll ask what bandwagon you're on about? I see people on here saying that there's 'hysteria' from people because Blackburn have got a point. There's no 'hysteria', nor 'bandwagon' or anything else going on as far as I can see just fans of this team of ours voicing concern about our plight and berating the fact that 2 of our rivals got points that could be vital tonight in games we genuinely thought they would not and I can't for the life of me think why that's not deemed ok by some quarters on here!! 

Thankyou for this

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

2 wins in 5 months and excuses already being laid for defeat Friday

Would be good to hear where all the believers predict we are going to get these wins

Because , quite simply , the evidence over the last 5 months is we aren't 

Will take a major turnaround in performances let alone results and we cannot afford IMHO to write ANY game off as a bonus

I agree, but I wouldn't say that one poster calling Friday a 'bonus game' amounts to 'excuses already being laid for defeat'.

We have more points from the last three games than Blackburn. If we could keep that up for the remainder of the season we'd be safe. Will we? **** knows. You don't know any more than me, or Lee Johnson, or the tea lady.

We essentially just have to hope we can be better than one or more of the teams immediately around us over the next 9 games to bridge the gap.

What else can we do? It's in our hands so to get hung up on another sides game in hand seems to me to be losing sight of the bigger picture, which is that if we go down, it's down to what WE have (or more specifically haven't) done.

8 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

If we go by championship experience previous then yes, Johnson keeps up everyone forgets about this season, next season comes and then we will all be here again

I personally would want him gone whether we stay up or not based on the complete and utter shambles we find ourselves in. It will be difficult to forget this season regardless . But that's for another time and another thread. 

7 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

If we were higher up the table we all would be happy about the last 10 games what ain't helped is everyone else has picked points up but look... we're still matching them 10 games on so it's a positive in my eyes

Let's hope you are right

Whats not helped IMHO is the fumbling and bumbling by SL and the blind faith in Johnson by many for months and months

SL said in January it may go down to the wire so he obviously had about as much confidence in Johnson pulling away from this as I did !!!

laughable IMHO

1 minute ago, lenred said:

I personally would want him gone whether we stay up or not based on the complete and utter shambles we find ourselves in. It will be difficult to forget this season regsrdless . But that's for another time and another thread. 

If anything happens in the summer I think it'll be an experienced head bought in along side him...

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

That fortunate corner makes up for about 5-10 losses where we've not got anything due to poor decisions from the ref. Let's hope we get at least another 4 of those which we're due between now and the end of the season to balance it out.

Oh come on!!  You're not seriously saying referees have cost us between 15-30 pts this season?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Let's hope you are right

Whats not helped IMHO is the fumbling and bumbling by SL and the blind faith in Johnson for months and months

SL said in January it may go down to the wire so he obviously had about as much confidence in Johnson pulling away from this as I did !!!

laughable IMHO

Lansdown and johnsons are fools. We are a club aiming for big things . How easy they think it is is beyond me. 

They haven't helped the fans at all I agree telling us we will be competing in Europe in 5 years I mean hahahaha. Laugh every time I see the video.

They all need to come out now and be honest with us, tell us who don't want to be part of our club.

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

Oh come on!!  You're not seriously saying referees have cost us between 15-30 pts this season?

Wolves (A), Reading (A), Burton (H), Cardiff (A), Derby (A) just off the top of my head, that's at least 7 points. Didn't say 15-30 pts, I said they've cost us 5-10 losses due to incompetent decisions.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How many wins in 10 ??

You missed that out 

(Draws won't keep us up)

Depends on other teams results really.

Wolves and Forest lost twice as many as us in the last ten and Brum even more so.

Result? More points for us despite winning as few as Forest and less than Wolves. 

I think our Blackburn and Wolves games will be absolutely imperative. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How many wins in 10 ??

You missed that out 

(Draws won't keep us up)

Confidence plays a huge part in football. Teams don't suddenly go on huge winnings runs after being out of form for months. However, confidence seems to be getting restored going by our recent run. We were also missing our key goalscorer, who has just returned in time for the run-in.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Wolves (A), Reading (A), Burton (H), Cardiff (A), Derby (A) just off the top of my head, that's at least 7 points. Didn't say 15-30 pts, I said they've cost us 5-10 losses due to incompetent decisions.

To be fair I think all sides can play that game. For starters you can argue we shouldn't have won on Sat because of a bad decision. 

You have to think that over the course of 46 games these things probably just about even themselves out. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair I think all sides can play that game. For starters you can argue we shouldn't have won on Sat because of a bad decision. 

You have to think that over the course of 46 games these things probably just about even themselves out. 

Which is what I was saying! We're well overdue some of those decisions, hopefully it will somehow balance out in the run-in.

I've never known a season where so many losses have been due to poor refereeing decisions or individual mistakes (giving away needless pens like Little vs Cardiff or the countless games where we've missed clinical chances - Bobby Reid alone in about 3/4 games earlier in the season!) - our goal difference is testament to that. I don't think we've been tactically outwitted on many occasions. Only games I recall us being outclassed was Brighton and Fulham at home. It's not like other relegation seasons or battles where we've been getting hammered 4-0 every few weeks.

8 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Which is what I was saying! We're well overdue some of those decisions, hopefully it will somehow balance out in the run-in.

I've never known a season where so many losses have been due to poor refereeing decisions or individual mistakes (giving away needless pens like Little vs Cardiff or the countless games where we've missed clinical chances - Bobby Reid alone in about 3/4 games earlier in the season!) - our goal difference is testament to that. I don't think we've been tactically outwitted on many occasions. Only games I recall us being outclassed was Brighton and Fulham at home. It's not like other relegation seasons or battles where we've been getting hammered 4-0 every few weeks.

I think you also need to consider leading against Cardiff & Reading and losing both, leading against Derby & Newcastle and drawing both.  Points thrown away.

And LJ tactically outwits himself on a daily basis.

27 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

3 unbeaten, only 3 losses in 10, Abraham back, massive win in a relegation six-pointer on the weekend, as I stated above.

Sorry but this is the biggest case of straw clutching I've ever seen. Unbeaten in 3 . How can you take a positive about dropping 2 points against burton ? The other two games fair enough. You've added saturdays win to the 3 unbeaten it's part of the same thing . So basically your pinning all your hopes on a 19 year old kid. 

Oh another positive , 4 wins in 26 games 

we need another 4 wins in 9 games. 

Seriously , get your head out of the sand 

19 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

What about incompetent decisions that have worked in our favour? There will be plenty of those all over the pitch - even ones in centre circle affect the overall outcome. Or does that not fit the narrative of constant misfortune?

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

I think you also need to consider leading against Cardiff & Reading and losing both, leading against Derby & Newcastle and drawing both.  Points thrown away.

And LJ tactically outwits himself on a daily basis.

70 minutes into Cardiff, we were playing absolutely fine, defensively solid until Little gave away a needless penalty, that's not tactical. Reading, our confidence shot team had a ridiculous penalty awarded against them after about ten minutes against one of the highest teams in the division. Derby we drew due to Tom Ince's dive. Newcastle... well, we were 2-0 up with Wilbraham up top on his own, that was a fantastic result regardless.

When you're out of form and low on confidence, constant individual mistakes and poor refereeing decisions have an effect.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry but this is the biggest case of straw clutching I've ever seen. Unbeaten in 3 . How can you take a positive about dropping 2 points against burton ? The other two games fair enough. You've added saturdays win to the 3 unbeaten it's part of the same thing . So basically your pinning all your hopes on a 19 year old kid. 

How do you know we need another 4 wins in 9 games? Have Blackburn's results already been decided?

And if we're terrible and struggling to for wins - which of course we are - then Blackburn, with a mere one point more from 37 games - must also be struggling.

We need one more point than three other teams. Stop creating rules that don't exist about how many wins we need.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What about incompetent decisions that have worked in our favour? There will be plenty of those all over the pitch - even ones in centre circle affect the overall outcome. Or does that not fit the narrative of constant misfortune?

Which fortuitous pens/disallowed opposition goals have we been given? It does normally balance out but this season has been notably not so.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Straw clutching? It's stating facts. Dropping points against Burton, a team that have been doing very well themselves lately? If Tomlin scores a pen or the ref doesn't wrongly disallow a goal, we'd be the only team to beat them in their last six league games.

I'm not pinning hopes on anyone. We've got our top goalscorer back, that's bound to be a massive boost.

I know things have been terrible in recent months. My initial post was that we've made positive strides recently. If a new manager had come in and done the same people would be lauding over the turnaround he's made and confident for the rest of the season. People have been conditioned by a new manager coming in every 12 months or are simply opting to focus 100% on the negatives due to their LJ agenda.

I'm not saying everything is fine and dandy, far from it. But it's not all doom and gloom like a few make it out to be.

20 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Why pick on Bobbie Reid and no mention of the two pens wasted by Tomlin?

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

70 minutes into Cardiff, we were playing absolutely fine, defensively solid until Little gave away a needless penalty, that's not tactical. Reading, our confidence shot team had a ridiculous penalty awarded against them after about ten minutes against one of the highest teams in the division. Derby we drew due to Tom Ince's dive. Newcastle... well, we were 2-0 up with Wilbraham up top on his own, that was a fantastic result regardless.

That was the away match wasn't it?

I think BanburyRed was referring to the home game and being 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go.

To his examples I would add missing a penalty at Hillsborough that would've put us 3-1 up against 10 men.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Which fortuitous pens/disallowed opposition goals have we been given? It does normally balance out but this season has been notably not so.

Straw clutching? It's stating facts. Dropping points against Burton, a team that have been doing very well themselves lately? If Tomlin scores a pen or the ref doesn't wrongly disallow a goal, we'd be the only team to beat them in their last six league games.

I'm not pinning hopes on anyone. We've got our top goalscorer back, that's bound to be a massive boost.

I know things have been terrible in recent months. My initial post was that we've made positive strides recently. If a new manager had come in and done the same people would be lauding over the turnaround he's made and confident for the rest of the season. People have been conditioned by a new manager coming in every 12 months or are simply opting to focus 100% on the negatives due to their LJ agenda.

I'm not saying everything is fine and dandy, far from it. But it's not all doom and gloom like a few make it out to be.

And if Burton score that absolute sitter, we lose the game. Swings and roundabouts. We're here because of poor management. Teams don't lose 8 on the bounce due to bad luck.

16 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Other managers haven't had to tactically outwit us because our manager is ******* useless , no tactical ability whatsoever . And blaming defeats on bad luck , refs poor decisions and mistakes , do you seriously think we are the only club this has happened to ? 

Bottom line is 

1.spent £15m on 19 players and we've got worse

2. No, experience or ability to mould a side , form a style of play , tactically set us up to be hard to beat .

3. Glaringly poor at man management 

4. The worst losing run in 120 years of history 

5. Won 4 games in 5 months 

6. A owner who can't see the wood through the trees . 

Need I go on ? Ffs wake up. 

Archived