IGNORED

"Relegation I won't allow that to happen"!

cheshire_red

Looking seriously grim at the moment. Blackburn have really changed things for me. I thought low 40s would do it but looking much more like mid 40s now and most teams are 2 wins from that at worst. 

LJ is staying. I have come to terms with that. Even if we sacked him now a new coach has 9 games to get us safe. Though no better time with an international break I guess. We just have to hope we pick up some shock results. 

With Burton and Blackburn picking up points here, there and everywhere and Forest with a very comfortable looking run in, I think it will a much higher points total than usual needed to stay up this year. The usual 45-48 probably wont be enough this time. 12 points needed minimum from our last nine games... Form that we havent looked remotely capable of in months. I think its League 1 football next season. :(

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

With Burton and Blackburn picking up points here, there and everywhere and Forest with a very comfortable looking run in, I think it will a much higher points total than usual needed to stay up this year. The usual 45-48 probably wont be enough this time. 12 points needed minimum from our last nine games... Form that we havent looked remotely capable of in months. I think its League 1 football next season. :(

Yep. Writing was on the wall a while back. The 8 on the bounce against mostly poor sides has done for us but frankly if you back a incompetent manager to the hilt you get what you deserve.

Bury here we come!!!!

21 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Another team got a point. 

MELTDOWN

Considering we win about on game a month, that point just put us back into the drop zone, and we've looked utter shit for the best part of 5 months, are you surprised?

Glad you're delighted for Blackburn having leapfrogged us. Personally, I'm too concerned about my own team's struggles to be scoring high and mighty points off other City fans.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Considering we win about on game a month, that point just put us back into the drop zone, and we've looked utter shit for the best part of 5 months, are you surprised?

Glad you're delighted for Blackburn having leapfrogged us. Personally, I'm too concerned about my own team's struggles to be scoring high and mighty points off other City fans.

Not sure where you got 'delighted' from, but hysteria over the outcome of games were not even playing in is completely pointless. 

The outcome of our season will be determined in the games we do play in, not those we don't. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure where you got 'delighted' from, but hysteria over the outcome of games were not even playing in is completely pointless. 

The outcome of our season will be determined in the games we do play in, not those we don't. 

A shame there wasn't a bit more urgency or "hysteria" shown by the club a few months back to have given us a better chance of survival

1 hour ago, hodge said:

#JohnsonOut HOW CAN LEE NOT ENSURE BRENTFORD AND FULHAM WIN #JohnsonOut #JohnsonOut #JohnsonOut #JohnsonOut 

:yawn:

Course , if 'Lee' could have avoided a run of two scraped wins in 20 how many ?

We wouldn't even be mentioning results tonight

So your ranty sarcasm looks a tad stupid

:yawn:

Try

HOW CAN LEE NOT WIN MORE THAN 2 GAMES IN 5 MONTHS #JOHNSONOUT'

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looking like we'll need 4 wins from 9. Brighton away we're getting nout.

So 4 wins from 8 realistically...

A highly improbable turn around in form.

Realistically cant see where another win is coming from let alone 4

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Thats simply not true, We could go on a great run between now until the end of the season, but if the teams above us match our results, we would be relegated regardless. On the other hand, if Blackburn were to lose all their remaining games, a single point could keep us up. Whether you like it or not, we've got ourselves into the awful situation where we are no longer in complete control of our own destiny and any dropped points from our rivals is absolutely crucial. Blackburns snatching of a point tonight was very disappointing and its these small margins that shape the final table.

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

A shame there wasn't a bit more urgency or "hysteria" shown by the club a few months back to have given us a better chance of survival

Agreed. But it's been made crystal clear that ain't happening hasn't it.  As I said before, the outcome of this season won't be defined by games that we don't even feature in.

With having to play Blackburn the ball is firmly in our court and at the end of the day if we've been one of the worst three sides over 46 games then we deserve to go down. But that'll be because of our failings, not because Blackburn got a point at Fulham. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looking like we'll need 4 wins from 9. Brighton away we're getting nout.

So 4 wins from 8 realistically...

A highly improbable turn around in form.

Yep I reckon it's looking like around 50 points are going to be needed now. 4 wins from 8 when we've managed 4 in 26. 

It's not looking too good but as others have said LJ is staying. All we can do is get behind the team, try and put all the ill feeling behind us and just hope it's enough. 

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep and we have been cack in the majority of them.

2 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Yep and we have been cack in the majority of them.

Agreed. But so have Burton, Forest, Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves....you get the point. 

9 games is a long time. And would you bet now on who is going down? Brave man if you would. Fans of all those clubs very worried. 

5 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Yep I reckon it's looking like around 50 points are going to be needed now. 4 wins from 8 when we've managed 4 in 26. 

It's not looking too good but as others have said LJ is staying. All we can do is get behind the team, try and put all the ill feeling behind us and just hope it's enough. 

Or 3-3-3 will do it.

Not saying we do not need an uptick in fortune, but;

Huddersfield and Brighton. Yep, genuine underdogs.

Preston? On a roll, and Blackburn, Forest then us next, but maybe.

QPR, Brentford, Barnsley, Birmingham by the time we play them I suspect, all midtable. Got a chance.

Wolves, Blackburn, buttock clenchers.

Need to pick up serious points I would think in that middle group.

44 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

City can only be responsible for results in the games we play in. Thats it  Other clubs fortune/misfortune is NOT down to the Lee Johnson

are you sure I think at the moment some fans think everything is LJ's fault

15 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Leicester got relegated from this division 7 or 8 years ago with a massive 53 points and a goal difference of just minus 4, don't think we will need that many mainly due to the fact that Burton have a very tough run-in

Archived