IGNORED

"Relegation I won't allow that to happen"!

cheshire_red

30 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Course , if 'Lee' could have avoided a run of two scraped wins in 20 how many ?

We wouldn't even be mentioning results tonight

So your ranty sarcasm looks a tad stupid

:yawn:

Try

HOW CAN LEE NOT WIN MORE THAN 2 GAMES IN 5 MONTHS #JOHNSONOUT'

:thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Look on the brightside, they only got 1 point instead of 3.

Why are people worrying about things that are out of our control?

This is more what I was getting at, of course Johnson should be out for our performances, but people getting angry and a bit hysterical about things out of our control is a bit silly. 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

This is more what I was getting at, of course Johnson should be out for our performances, but people getting angry and a bit hysterical about things out of our control is a bit silly. 

I wouldn't align myself to those that live only on hope and ' I believe' blindly , personally , but whatever rocks your boat 

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

Leicester got relegated from this division 7 or 8 years ago with a massive 53 points and a goal difference of just minus 4, don't think we will need that many mainly due to the fact that Burton have a very tough run-in

Tell you what, if you could give me a 50/50 shot that we would then have the next 7 or 8 years they then had, I would take this relegation...

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looking like we'll need 4 wins from 9. Brighton away we're getting nout.

So 4 wins from 8 realistically...

A highly improbable turn around in form.

How do you know we'll need 4 wins from 9?

We are 1 point behind Blackburn with a superior goal difference and we still have to go there. As far as I see it, we just need to get one more point than them over the next 9 games by whatever means we can (assuming Wigan stay below us).

I am no fan of Johnson, and he should have gone ages ago, but we do have 5 points from our last 3 games. We are not losing every week quite like we were. There will be plenty of twists and turns to come in the next 9 games and I don't understand why people want to put artificial targets on the number of points or wins we will need. It depends entirely on how our rivals do - indeed, Blackburn also have to travel to Brighton.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

He's a businessman. He's used to talking unsubstantiated bs. 

"won't allow" doesn't exist in sport. It's a competition. 

Bit more than bs tho isn't it

Big statement

That comment may well come back to haunt him and make him look a complete fool

46 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looking like we'll need 4 wins from 9. Brighton away we're getting nout.

So 4 wins from 8 realistically...

A highly improbable turn around in form.

It's looking a bit grim isn't it - luckily Barnsley and Birmingham are in a slump, let's hope that continues. Brighton well league positions do not lie, scarily Huddersfield Friday, well they are in amazing form, even better than Brighton. 

Going to be a lot of 6 pointers, so I guess it's going to be who blinks first amongst us bottom 6, and hope that everyone descends on them like piranha.

ScreenShot_20170314230213.png

ScreenShot_20170314230946.png

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

It's us or Blackburn, really that simple.

It could go anyway.

Burton will be fine, Warburton will keep Forest up, and Wolves have got too much talent.

Why is it that simple? It quite clearly isn't. There are 27 points to play for and four teams within 4 points of us, two of whom we have to play.

As for "too much talent", the table doesn't lie. We also have enough talent to not be here and no one's saying that about us.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why is it that simple? It quite clearly isn't. There are 27 points to play for and four teams within 4 points of us, two of whom we have to play.

As for "too much talent", the table doesn't lie. We also have enough talent to not be here and no one's saying that about us.

Exactly!! They are not!

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We are 1 point behind Blackburn with a superior goal difference and we still have to go there. As far as I see it, we just need to get one more point than them over the next 9 games by whatever means we can (assuming Wigan stay below us).

I am no fan of Johnson, and he should have gone ages ago, but we do have 5 points from our last 3 games. We are not losing every week quite like we were. There will be plenty of twists and turns to come in the next 9 games and I don't understand why people want to put artificial targets on the number of points or wins we will need. It depends entirely on how our rivals do - indeed, Blackburn also have to travel to Brighton.

Good grief, what a load of breeze. If you can point me to where I said in my post that I "know" we'll need 4 wins from 9 then I might do you the dignity of a proper response.

It is simply my current thought that anything less than 50 pts and we'll be lucky to stay up. 3 wins and a draw or 2 may also do it but wouldn't be wholly confident.

LJ needs to pull some rabbits out of a hat and fast.

Huge thank you to Steve for his backing of the football club. But sorry to say he has let the fans down this year. To let this man carry on being in charge with the club in free fall is a disgrace. The Johnson family should be miles away from ashton gate. I am just waiting for Pete Johnson to be given the chief scout position. I disagree when people say it's to late to change 9 games left is still time for a new man to have a positive reaction on the team.  

8 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Our current position IS down to Lee Johnson though isn't it?

They said that with their first line, what they said was say Blackburn and Wolves' fortune tonight is not down to Johnson as some people seemed to be making judgements.

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

It's looking a bit grim isn't it - luckily Barnsley and Birmingham are in a slump, let's hope that continues. Brighton well league positions do not lie, scarily Huddersfield Friday, well they are in amazing form, even better than Brighton. 

Going to be a lot of 6 pointers, so I guess it's going to be who blinks first amongst us bottom 6, and hope that everyone descends on them like piranha.

ScreenShot_20170314230213.png

ScreenShot_20170314230946.png

Think it may go to the last day with 'the trap door for either us,Burton or Forest-all three at home..any one side winning finishing above any losing.

If we are really lucky maybe a draw for us with one side losing may be enough-would not want to be in Johnsons boots in this scenario at home and take the plunge.

The "I wont allow it to happen" line was foolhardy.  He can have no influence on whether we go down or not.  SL should know better - he really should.  That line is up there with the "trust me on Tinnion" BS and he should have learnt from that.  He hasn't/didn't.  And there are many things he has failed to learn from and hasn't, which is why we find ourselves in this predicament.  Nice guy, hearts in the right place, but he has terrible judgment when it comes to football.  We will never go anywhere with him at the helm despite his billions.  As much as LJ is the footballing on the pitch problem, SL is the club problem. 

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

The "I wont allow it to happen" line was foolhardy.  He can have no influence on whether we go down or not.  SL should know better - he really should.  That line is up there with the "trust me on Tinnion" BS and he should have learnt from that.  He hasn't/didn't.  And there are many things he has failed to learn from and hasn't, which is why we find ourselves in this predicament.  Nice guy, hearts in the right place, but he has terrible judgment when it comes to football.  We will never go anywhere with him at the helm despite his billions.

Is it just me??

SL,as successful in business as obviously he is comes across as rather f@£#n' dense at times....odd.

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

It's us or Blackburn, really that simple.

It could go anyway.

Burton will be fine, Warburton will keep Forest up, and Wolves have got too much talent.

Disagree, really could be any 2 from Wigan, Us, Blackburn, Forest, Burton, Wolves and maybe even Brum.

These end of season scraps never go to form book or indeed even take account of "talent" on paper.

I am still hopeful that two of these at least will be below us (Rotherham is a given !).

As bad as things have been we have actually have gained 11 points from the last 10 games, which included Newcastle, Villa, Leeds and Derby all away and the leagues "form" team Fulham at home.

It is possible that we could sit 19th at 5pm Saturday.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Think it may go to the last day with 'the trap door for either us,Burton or Forest-all three at home..any one side winning finishing above any losing.

If we are really lucky maybe a draw for us with one side losing may be enough-would not want to be in Johnsons boots in this scenario at home and take the plunge.

We'd just play " Always Look on the bright side of life " and be expected to turn up for what would surely be labeled as " City's fight back promotion campaign "

Get behind the team for a new double winning season and get your chèque books out again as we entertain Bury , Gillingham, Chesterf:mf_sleep:ield 

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course you are right when you say it depends on what our rivals do. I'm just reckoning we need 50 points because of the form of the teams around us. Blackburn are 6 unbeaten since they changed manager, Burton are regularly picking up points and are 1 win ahead of us already, Wolves have just won 2 in a row and have a game in hand, Forest have just appointed a new manager with the optimism that often brings....

Yes there has been a small improvement in our form but most of the other teams down there are in as good or better form as we are. I therefore reckon 12 points is what we need. The way we've performed in the last 5 months, that's a tall order. 

Archived