IGNORED

"Relegation I won't allow that to happen"!

cheshire_red

SL will probably close down Bristol City when we are mathematically certain to go down = No relegation. (He won't let that happen). 

He will then build an ice hockey stadium over Wicks (nudge nudge :shifty:) and carry on with the next phase of the project.

8 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure where you got 'delighted' from, but hysteria over the outcome of games were not even playing in is completely pointless. 

The outcome of our season will be determined in the games we do play in, not those we don't. 

A terrifying thought, considering the poverty of performances and results we've shown the last five months.

And the fact we were watching and hoping for other teams to fail is a result of our own work anyway; I'm as hopeful as the next fan that we can somehow edge ourselves out of the relegation picture, but hope is all that is founded on.

But I'd say that taking the piss out of others being frustrated when other sides leapfrog us by getting 'just' a point doesn't help us either; if people are still moaning today I might understand, but immediately after the fact?  Nothing wrong with a brief meltdown now and again; God knows I wish we'd (and possible SL/the board too) started having them and realising the shit we're in earlier than now.

9 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

City can only be responsible for results in the games we play in. Thats it  Other clubs fortune/misfortune is NOT down to the Lee Johnson

No, but the fact that we are in the mire with them in the first place most certainly IS LJs fault! 

19 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Of course you are right when you say it depends on what our rivals do. I'm just reckoning we need 50 points because of the form of the teams around us. Blackburn are 6 unbeaten since they changed manager, Burton are regularly picking up points and are 1 win ahead of us already, Wolves have just won 2 in a row and have a game in hand, Forest have just appointed a new manager with the optimism that often brings....

Yes there has been a small improvement in our form but most of the other teams down there are in as good or better form as we are. I therefore reckon 12 points is what we need. The way we've performed in the last 5 months, that's a tall order. 

All fair points, although I do think at this stage of the season you can pretty much make the stats fit what you want to say. For example, you could also say Blackburn only have 4 wins in 19 and are winless in three after three draws. There are probably people on the Blackburn forum saying draws won't keep them up! And you could also say we've only lost 3 in 10!

And it's also worth saying that form can be a poor indicator of what's to come, especially at this time of year. The form table is changing all the time. I'm just wary of points targets at this time of year, I just look at it as needing to get one more point than three teams - all of whom must be roughly as crap as us according to the league table!

8 hours ago, Jacki said:

Yep I reckon it's looking like around 50 points are going to be needed now. 4 wins from 8 when we've managed 4 in 26. 

It's not looking too good but as others have said LJ is staying. All we can do is get behind the team, try and put all the ill feeling behind us and just hope it's enough. 

Never! Never in a million years. Absolute ******* disasterous season #JOHNSONOUT

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Looking seriously grim at the moment. Blackburn have really changed things for me. I thought low 40s would do it but looking much more like mid 40s now and most teams are 2 wins from that at worst. 

50 points target for safety. The norm for this league.

Not 40. That's Premier League usual safety target.

You could argue this league gets more competitive by the year.

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How do you know we'll need 4 wins from 9?

We are 1 point behind Blackburn with a superior goal difference and we still have to go there. As far as I see it, we just need to get one more point than them over the next 9 games by whatever means we can (assuming Wigan stay below us).

I am no fan of Johnson, and he should have gone ages ago, but we do have 5 points from our last 3 games. We are not losing every week quite like we were. There will be plenty of twists and turns to come in the next 9 games and I don't understand why people want to put artificial targets on the number of points or wins we will need. It depends entirely on how our rivals do - indeed, Blackburn also have to travel to Brighton.

But the teams around us have picked up MORE than us over those games. We are going down. Wake up!

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Never! Never in a million years. Absolute ******* disasterous season #JOHNSONOUT

Totally agree that it's been a disaster. And that Johnson should have gone months ago. But the club have made it clear he's staying so the way I see it the only thing I can do is get behind the team now. If we do go down, that's the time I'll really lose it....

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'd argue it was less competitive this year, we're in it.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

All fair points, although I do think at this stage of the season you can pretty much make the stats fit what you want to say. For example, you could also say Blackburn only have 4 wins in 19 and are winless in three after three draws. There are probably people on the Blackburn forum saying draws won't keep them up! And you could also say we've only lost 3 in 10!

And it's also worth saying that form can be a poor indicator of what's to come, especially at this time of year. The form table is changing all the time. I'm just wary of points targets at this time of year, I just look at it as needing to get one more point than three teams - all of whom must be roughly as crap as us according to the league table!

Again, all fair points. Let's just hope that whatever we do is enough. I have my doubts that we will but desperately hope I'm wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Totally agree that it's been a disaster. And that Johnson should have gone months ago. But the club have made it clear he's staying so the way I see it the only thing I can do is get behind the team now. If we do go down, that's the time I'll really lose it....

In my opinion he should have gone before the January transfer window opened. He didn't and then they started releasing the corporate BS videos spouting waffle, telling the fans to shut the **** up and then moaning about the fans negativity as if it was the fans fault that the club was in the shit. At that point I boycotted and won't be back until LJ is gone and we are in the  Championship. I certainly won't be there for the Birmingham game with the cheap tickets and an away end full of excited Gasheads!!!! What a joke!!!!!

20 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Along with the stubborn dictate........owner.

For allowing the clown to learn his trade with a team in the Championship rather than one that was in League 2......which incidentally is where we are heading with LJ at the helm!

21 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

But the teams around us have picked up MORE than us over those games. We are going down. Wake up!

My apologies, I thought there were still 9 games and 27 points still to play for.

Oh, and you're wrong. Both Blackburn and Wigan have less points than us over the last three games. So if the season is decided on that basis as you seem to suggest, we're safe.

2 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

Manager  and a Chairman not fit for purpose. And a Chairman who seems not to worry about relegation.Must be one of the few.

Keith Dawe is the Chairman.  Is that who you are on about?  I'm assuming you mean SL? 

If so, I disagree.  SL could be perfectly fit for purpose; if he wasn't so pig headed and controlling.  If he wants glory and success - which he obviously does - he should let others more qualified and competent obtain it for him.  He can still bask in the glory. 

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My apologies, I thought there were still 9 games and 27 points still to play for.

Oh, and you're wrong. Both Blackburn and Wigan have less points than us over the last three games. So if the season is decided on that basis as you seem to suggest, we're safe.

I'm wrong am I? In the last 6 games City have picked up 6 points and Blackburn have picked up 9. Wigan are below us anyway so regardless of how they get on makes no difference about us escaping the bottom 3. It's the likes of Blackburn, Wolves and Burton that we should be concerned about and they are all doing better than us regardless of the 5 points that we picked up. It's still not good enough to get us out of the shit!

27 points still to play for? Ok, whatever.....It's pointless even arguing that point when our form is so utterly atrocious.

We are going down and it's LJ's fault and it's MA's fault, and it's SL's fault.

50 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Just let it out because we are going down with the clown at the helm.

Huge let down, the quality or should I say quantity we brought in? seemed strong enough to compete with the best in this division, you can't fault the sale of Kodjia as I think it was decent monies. We started off great, LJ signs a new deal and everything turns sour.

if we stay up what happens then?

if we go down then what?

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Huge let down, the quality or should I say quantity we brought in? seemed strong enough to compete with the best in this division, you can't fault the sale of Kodjia as I think it was decent monies. We started off great, LJ signs a new deal and everything turns sour.

if we stay up what happens then?

if we go down then what?

The rumour mill say's that if we are still in the bottom 3 when the international break comes then SL will pull the trigger. Unfortunately it is still too late in my opinion.

If we stay up then LJ has to go. Compared to last season there will have been no progress despite millions spunked on players.

If we do go down with LJ at the helm I believe that SL will stick with him as he will be able to start blooding some of the academy youngsters in a less competitive league and that is SL's ultimate plan....A self sufficient club with a rich production line of young talent.

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

In my opinion he should have gone before the January transfer window opened. He didn't and then they started releasing the corporate BS videos spouting waffle, telling the fans to shut the **** up and then moaning about the fans negativity as if it was the fans fault that the club was in the shit. At that point I boycotted and won't be back until LJ is gone and we are in the  Championship. I certainly won't be there for the Birmingham game with the cheap tickets and an away end full of excited Gasheads!!!! What a joke!!!!!

Yes the whole thing really couldn't have been handled much worse. 

I've given this a lot of thought of late. I love the social side of going to games and the match day buzz. I'd miss all of that if I boycotted. If I stand there booing and hurling abuse at Johnson and the players I'm only helping to create an atmosphere which won't help the players when we're struggling. Therefore the only option open to me as I see it is to get behind the team and hope it's enough. 

53 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Definitely. Just saying, for me, at one point it looked unlikely Rotherham, Blackburn and Wigan would get more than 42-43 points. Rotherham and Wigan still look unlikely to reach that but Blackburn have really got that "bounce" from a new manager. We will really have to pick up the form. Think we picked up 11 points over 10 games. So at that rate we will be on 47 which will be cutting it close. Still have to hope Blackburn, Forest and Burton drop points as they are the most likely with us to go down IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Yes the whole thing really couldn't have been handled much worse. 

I've given this a lot of thought of late. I love the social side of going to games and the match day buzz. I'd miss all of that if I boycotted. If I stand there booing and hurling abuse at Johnson and the players I'm only helping to create an atmosphere which won't help the players when we're struggling. Therefore the only option open to me as I see it is to get behind the team and hope it's enough. 

Best of luck with that one. Especially the Relegation Party day against Birmingham when the Rovers fans will be turning up in their droves to celebrate with glee our complete joke and balls up of a season with their #MakingBristolProud banners. I would rather spend time doing anything else than be subjected to that kind of humiliation.

For all of you saying Lee Johnson can't do anything about games we don't play in (some say he can't do anything about games we DO play in either), yes I accept this. But, it's his job to prepare our players physically and mentally for our matches. Whilst there has been no real lack of effort and they appear on the whole to be playing for him, we are still too soft somehow.

i have heard him saying he wants players he can 'trust' and players who have 'energy' but again something is lacking. It's like he has no real belief in them and this is reflected in his actions regarding his team selections. I would imagine Tammy is now an automatic choice, probably more by Chelsea's insistence with their loan agreement than LJ's selection, so that might settle things down now. 

The players must be aware of results like last night, but it also must be hard to prepare for games when you must know the likelihood of losing yet again is high. Yes there always the possibility of a freak win or a draw, yes 'freak' as that's what they are. I'm not saying they are undeserved btw, just that they are happening so randomly they can't be relied on or predicted. Maybe some players like the fans are looking like relegation is a possibility, no dressing it up it is, so are already looking to move on. Many are so new here they have no real connection to the club so I can't blame them. If we haven't been able to find any decent form and put together a run so far this season it's unlikely with relegation pressure we will now, not impossible just not very likely.

I know LJ and Cotterill are very different personalities, chalk and cheese perhaps, but how I long for a bit of passion and the Manager/Head Coach talking about 'my players', how we laughed at the 'winners' references. But st least there felt like there was a bond between management, players and fans. Now it's feels so disjointed.

I too hear the echo of 'Judge me on Tinnion', awful how that ended and it took us a long time to recover. I got a feeling this is going to be just as rocky a road. So sad, so avoidable at one stage.

6 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

The rumour mill say's that if we are still in the bottom 3 when the international break comes then SL will pull the trigger. Unfortunately it is still too late in my opinion.

If we stay up then LJ has to go. Compared to last season there will have been no progress despite millions spunked on players.

If we do go down with LJ at the helm I believe that SL will stick with him as he will be able to start blooding some of the academy youngsters in a less competitive league and that is SL's ultimate plan....A self sufficient club with a rich production line of young talent.

Agreed.

And of course; two very good AVAILABLE candidates to replace LJ (Rowett & Warburton) are now UNAVAILABLE.

12 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I want LJ out.  However, now is too late for anyone else to make an impact IMHO.  Keep him for now,  and regardless of where we end the season he should be gone 30 seconds after the final whistle against Birmingham.  I might consider coming back then.

Much as I'm frustrated and wish we had replaced LJ, I think a lot can happen over 9 games. We are in serious danger of relegation but I don't think anyone all the way up to Ipswich is 100% safe.

The big worry is that, Forest aside, the teams we've either done as well as or better than over recent games all have 4 - 7 point headstarts on us. The positive is that, after Friday, we've got 4 winnable home games and 2 away games where we could conceivably win. However we've blown so many winnable homes games this season that I think we need to win pretty much all of them.

I reckon we need 10 points minimum, more likely 12 and potentially 15 to stay up but I don't think it is impossible we'll get that. Sadly nor do I think it impossible we'll not a win another game or season and go down without a fight.

If we can get ourselves within 3 points of Birmingham come the final day, I think we will stay up. 

I had serious doubts back in October that we would stay up and no reason to change my mind. Now torn between staying away from games for my own sanity because if I go, I'll be so wound up if performances continue to be so dire.

I predict that defeat at Blackburn will send us down and can't see us winning there anyway.

SL & LJ have killed my lifelong dreams for City. What a bloody shambles.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I had serious doubts back in October that we would stay up and no reason to change my mind. Now torn between staying away from games for my own sanity because if I go, I'll be so wound up if performances continue to be so dire.

I predict that defeat at Blackburn will send us down and can't see us winning there anyway.

Currently I have no confidence that we will get anything at Blackburn at all. They are on a roll, confidence must be high and they must have an expectation of staying up - the complete opposite of where we are.

Friday will be an interesting night, I expect our up and coming Coach ( who has attracted attention from EPL clubs ) to set us up not to lose, in his usual insightful manner, after a few sessions on CM17.

27 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Definitely. Just saying, for me, at one point it looked unlikely Rotherham, Blackburn and Wigan would get more than 42-43 points. Rotherham and Wigan still look unlikely to reach that but Blackburn have really got that "bounce" from a new manager. We will really have to pick up the form. Think we picked up 11 points over 10 games. So at that rate we will be on 47 which will be cutting it close. Still have to hope Blackburn, Forest and Burton drop points as they are the most likely with us to go down IMO. 

47 is a decent guess IMO - several of the clubs around us have to play each other so limited points on offer.

One thing for definite is that there will be many a strange/shock result concerning the relegation candidates as we go forward.

Last day win or go down a distinct possibility !!

Archived