IGNORED

"Relegation I won't allow that to happen"!

cheshire_red

18 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Much as I'm frustrated and wish we had replaced LJ, I think a lot can happen over 9 games. We are in serious danger of relegation but I don't think anyone all the way up to Ipswich is 100% safe.

The big worry is that, Forest aside, the teams we've either done as well as or better than over recent games all have 4 - 7 point headstarts on us. The positive is that, after Friday, we've got 4 winnable home games and 2 away games where we could conceivably win. However we've blown so many winnable homes games this season that I think we need to win pretty much all of them.

I reckon we need 10 points minimum, more likely 12 and potentially 15 to stay up but I don't think it is impossible we'll get that. Sadly nor do I think it impossible we'll not a win another game or season and go down without a fight.

If we can get ourselves within 3 points of Birmingham come the final day, I think we will stay up. 

Agree.

10 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

What's the plan Steve?

The only specific intervention since Steve Lansdown said that "he wouldn't allow it to happen" was to promote a coach whose CV is limited to assistant coach at Kerala Blasters in India, a season as our Under-16 coach, and six months as our Under-23 coach. It makes his statement even more delusional.

Yes the matches last night are out of our hands, but they illustrate perfectly how disconnected we are with what is required to stay up. While we've been all back slapping since scraping past an awful Wigan team on Saturday, Blackburn's recent form and draw at a rising Fulham team is far more convincing.

We need a statement result and performance against a decent team above us. LJ has no such result since SL promised things were under control. Hopefully for everyone's sake that comes on Friday against Huddersfield. I worried at the time and I worry now that "I won't allow it to happen" was inviting fate. 

32 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Best of luck with that one. Especially the Relegation Party day against Birmingham when the Rovers fans will be turning up in their droves to celebrate with glee our complete joke and balls up of a season with their #MakingBristolProud banners. I would rather spend time doing anything else than be subjected to that kind of humiliation.

How are Rovers fans gonna get tickets for the away end? The Brummies will easily sell out their allocation...

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I had serious doubts back in October that we would stay up and no reason to change my mind. Now torn between staying away from games for my own sanity because if I go, I'll be so wound up if performances continue to be so dire.

I predict that defeat at Blackburn will send us down and can't see us winning there anyway.

SL & LJ have killed my lifelong dreams for City. What a bloody shambles.

Agree.

What bugs me is that a few on otib sill choose to believe SL and The BS Project is the best thing since sliced bread.

If SL chooses to remain, because there is little we fans can do to change that, he must:-

1 Appoint a professional football man of proven quality to advise him 

2 Shake up The Board with wider representation from local community, Bristol Council, fans, employees, and the professional football man mentioned above

3 Halt BS expansion (again something we can't influence easily) until the present set up is actually working successfully

4 Bring in additional investors in City

5 Set realistic targets, and achieve them

6 most importantly, employ outside consultants to undertake a thorough review of City, and why the club has failed over a period of a decade plus to achieve the owner's goal of Premiership football

7 And to restore confidence in the current regime, introduce a policy of transparency in all areas

I'm not too worried yet but Lansdown would do himself no harm if he stopped saying these things that he can't necessarily promise.

He's not in a position to prevent relegation. He only really has a couple of options available to him in the form of making changes to the coaching staff and he's pretty much ruled out making the most significant of those. Even if he did make a change there's still no guarantee of survival. "I won't let that happen" is a silly thing for a man to say when, rich as he is, he is basically powerless to stop it.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How are Rovers fans gonna get tickets for the away end? The Brummies will easily sell out their allocation...

Trust me. They ARE coming. In their droves!!!! They have been waiting for this party day since relegation from the football league. I am hearing this daily as their EXCITEMENT mounts with every nail that is fired into our coffin. Directly or indirectly.

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

The only specific intervention since Steve Lansdown said that "he wouldn't allow it to happen" was to promote a coach whose CV is limited to assistant coach at Kerala Blasters in India, a season as our Under-16 coach, and six months as our Under-23 coach. It makes his statement even more delusional.

Yes the matches last night are out of our hands, but they illustrate perfectly how disconnected we are with what is required to stay up. While we've been all back slapping since scraping past an awful Wigan team on Saturday, Blackburn's recent form and draw at a rising Fulham team is far more convincing.

We need a statement result and performance against a decent team above us. LJ has no such result since SL promised things were under control. Hopefully for everyone's sake that comes on Friday against Huddersfield. I worried at the time and I worry now that "I won't allow it to happen" was inviting fate. 

Good points.

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Trust me. They ARE coming. In their droves!!!! They have been waiting for this party day since relegation from the football league. I am hearing this daily as their EXCITEMENT mounts with every nail that is fired into our coffin. Directly or indirectly.

But you said 'the away end will be full of excited gasheads..' - how will they get tickets when Brum will sell out their allocation?

So Rotherham are as good as gone, so that leaves 2 relegation spots. 

Wigan's are 5 points from safety and their next 2 games are against Villa (H) and Newcastle (A), they also still have to play Brighton (A), Reading (A) and Leeds (H). Not the most enviable of run ins and looking at it on paper they should be accompanying Rotherham in League One.

So that would leave just the 1 relegation spot, with just 5 points separating 18th-22nd in the table.

It's going to be close, too close. Wouldn't it be great to pick up 3 points on Friday night, get up to 19th and sit back and watch the drama unfold Saturday.

COYR.

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I'm wrong am I? In the last 6 games City have picked up 6 points and Blackburn have picked up 9. Wigan are below us anyway so regardless of how they get on makes no difference about us escaping the bottom 3. It's the likes of Blackburn, Wolves and Burton that we should be concerned about and they are all doing better than us regardless of the 5 points that we picked up. It's still not good enough to get us out of the shit!

27 points still to play for? Ok, whatever.....It's pointless even arguing that point when our form is so utterly atrocious.

We are going down and it's LJ's fault and it's MA's fault, and it's SL's fault.

It does if we finish 22nd and Wigan finish 21st.

Stats and past form go out of the window at this point in the season . The teams that go down will be the ones who show less desire and fight than those around them . Equally a couple of iffy results now for any side in the mix could trigger panic and drag them down . It really is in the melting pot but the next few weeks will tell all fans involved an awful lot about the characters of their key players more so than of their Coach !  We're all in for a bumpy ride folks ! 

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Stats and past form go out of the window at this point in the season . The teams that go down will be the ones who show less desire and fight than those around them . Equally a couple of iffy results now for any side in the mix could trigger panic and drag them down . It really is in the melting pot but the next few weeks will tell all fans involved an awful lot about the characters of their key players more so than of their Coach !  We're all in for a bumpy ride folks ! 

Great post like you said only people this is down to now is the players, they have the pressure, LJ just picks a side.

4 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

Great post like you said only people this is down to now is the players, they have the pressure, LJ just picks a side.

And we have heaped all the pressure on ourselves up to this point, so it hardly bodes well does it?!

10 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

And we have heaped all the pressure on ourselves up to this point, so it hardly bodes well does it?!

No it don't but we can't change it can we? All we can do is treat these games like cup finals and if the fans not behind the team then they ain't going to want it?

i fully understand your stress.

12 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

No it don't but we can't change it can we? All we can do is treat these games like cup finals and if the fans not behind the team then they ain't going to want it?

i fully understand your stress.

The cup final of draws! Definitely glass half empty view here and has been for a while. I'd give us more of a fighting chance with anyone else at the helm!

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

The cup final of draws! Definitely glass half empty view here and has been for a while. I'd give us more of a fighting chance with anyone else at the helm!

I know you would, I understand the hatred against Johnson but we've been on our worst run in history and I haven't seen anything saying Johnson must win this game or he's gone. We love our club but like I said last night... if we were on our current run abut higher up the table would you be satisfied? 

IMHO this season we made changes and we're still in the same place we was last year, we've sacked countless amounts of managers over the years and still we really haven't made any improvement.

2 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

I know you would, I understand the hatred against Johnson but we've been on our worst run in history and I haven't seen anything saying Johnson must win this game or he's gone. We love our club but like I said last night... if we were on our current run abut higher up the table would you be satisfied? 

IMHO this season we made changes and we're still in the same place we was last year, we've sacked countless amounts of managers over the years and still we really haven't made any improvement.

This current manager has a win ratio of less than 10% since October. No one has been as bad as this guy and still been in a job. Understand the plan, but if you want progress you need to get the right people in place. I would be worried if we lost 4 on the trot let alone the amount we lost. 

Whichever way you look at this, certainly if you are an outsider looking in we are a complete and utter laughing stock.

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

The rumour mill say's that if we are still in the bottom 3 when the international break comes then SL will pull the trigger. Unfortunately it is still too late in my opinion.

If we stay up then LJ has to go. Compared to last season there will have been no progress despite millions spunked on players.

If we do go down with LJ at the helm I believe that SL will stick with him as he will be able to start blooding some of the academy youngsters in a less competitive league and that is SL's ultimate plan....A self sufficient club with a rich production line of young talent.

I would just like to add that selling young League 1 talent is way less profitable than selling young Championship talent .

Would we have got 750,000€ for Ayling if we were still in the third division ? 

Or the rumoured million for Agard after a stuttering one season as a contracted Championship player ? 

25 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

So we should stick with a manager that everyone except SL can see is incompetent ? 

3 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I'm wrong am I? In the last 6 games City have picked up 6 points and Blackburn have picked up 9. Wigan are below us anyway so regardless of how they get on makes no difference about us escaping the bottom 3. It's the likes of Blackburn, Wolves and Burton that we should be concerned about and they are all doing better than us regardless of the 5 points that we picked up. It's still not good enough to get us out of the shit!

27 points still to play for? Ok, whatever.....It's pointless even arguing that point when our form is so utterly atrocious.

We are going down and it's LJ's fault and it's MA's fault, and it's SL's fault.

Yes you are wrong because the statement you highlighted and referenced referred to our form over the last 3 games.  And of course Wigan are relevant, if they don't pick up many points then we only need to finish above one other team.  But clearly you've already made your mind up what's going to happen, so I don't know why I'm bothering.

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

This current manager has a win ratio of less than 10% since October. No one has been as bad as this guy and still been in a job. Understand the plan, but if you want progress you need to get the right people in place. I would be worried if we lost 4 on the trot let alone the amount we lost. 

Whichever way you look at this, certainly if you are an outsider looking in we are a complete and utter laughing stock.

Exactly, you could be forgiven for thinking LJ must have some compromising pictures of SL or something to still be in a job after the miserable set of results we have endured since October.

6 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

The "I wont allow it to happen" line was foolhardy.  He can have no influence on whether we go down or not.  SL should know better - he really should.  That line is up there with the "trust me on Tinnion" BS and he should have learnt from that.  He hasn't/didn't.  And there are many things he has failed to learn from and hasn't, which is why we find ourselves in this predicament.  Nice guy, hearts in the right place, but he has terrible judgment when it comes to football.  We will never go anywhere with him at the helm despite his billions.  As much as LJ is the footballing on the pitch problem, SL is the club problem. 

As long as I am here The stadium at AV will be built.  He has and always will be full of bluster and bullshit

"Millen is not ready for the Job yet"  3 months later he is

the bloke is like Comical Ali

2 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

How is it everyone? Please enlighten me.....some people understand we loose games and we can be in a relegation fight.

No there's a few that still can't see it. We should not be in a relegation fight, it could have been avoidable.

Archived