IGNORED

"Relegation I won't allow that to happen"!

cheshire_red

2 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

How is it everyone? Please enlighten me.....some people understand we loose games and we can be in a relegation fight.

Well, obviously not everyone. The majority of people would, as you say , realise we can lose games and be in a relegation fight. Those majority also realise we lose MORE games and ARE in a relegation fight because of Johnson. Dress it up any way you want, but if you were choosing a manager now you would not choose one with LJ's current record. A lot of people who would have wanted a change to give us a decent chance of staying up, have come to terms with the fact that Johnson is here for the duration. That is in spite of his record, not because of it. 
If we stay up, it will be more luck than good judgement.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

For all of you saying Lee Johnson can't do anything about games we don't play in (some say he can't do anything about games we DO play in either), yes I accept this. But, it's his job to prepare our players physically and mentally for our matches. Whilst there has been no real lack of effort and they appear on the whole to be playing for him, we are still too soft somehow.

i have heard him saying he wants players he can 'trust' and players who have 'energy' but again something is lacking. It's like he has no real belief in them and this is reflected in his actions regarding his team selections. I would imagine Tammy is now an automatic choice, probably more by Chelsea's insistence with their loan agreement than LJ's selection, so that might settle things down now. 

The players must be aware of results like last night, but it also must be hard to prepare for games when you must know the likelihood of losing yet again is high. Yes there always the possibility of a freak win or a draw, yes 'freak' as that's what they are. I'm not saying they are undeserved btw, just that they are happening so randomly they can't be relied on or predicted. Maybe some players like the fans are looking like relegation is a possibility, no dressing it up it is, so are already looking to move on. Many are so new here they have no real connection to the club so I can't blame them. If we haven't been able to find any decent form and put together a run so far this season it's unlikely with relegation pressure we will now, not impossible just not very likely.

I know LJ and Cotterill are very different personalities, chalk and cheese perhaps, but how I long for a bit of passion and the Manager/Head Coach talking about 'my players', how we laughed at the 'winners' references. But st least there felt like there was a bond between management, players and fans. Now it's feels so disjointed.

I too hear the echo of 'Judge me on Tinnion', awful how that ended and it took us a long time to recover. I got a feeling this is going to be just as rocky a road. So sad, so avoidable at one stage.

I totally miss that…

2 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

How is it everyone? Please enlighten me.....some people understand we loose games and we can be in a relegation fight.

Ok , perhaps not ' everyone ' but large numbers of supporters.

Journalists , professionals in the game ( Gary Owers , Rosenior, Chris Spittals ... ) have all highlighted , publicly , the shambles on the pitch whilst attempting to be diplomatic.

I am sure there are many more .

We understand that we " loose " games and it is possible that BCFC can be in the relegation zone . What many of us can't understand is the why ? 

Why when we have rarely in our history had such a fantastic opportunity to push on do we find ourselves hoping that Burton , I'll write it again, Burton, drop points .

Maybe you find that acceptable but I'm afraid I do not .

I'm still trying to work out what the 'Plan' is or was. Anyone help me out here?

It wasn't buying or loaning players due to the Window being closed.

It obviously isn't a change of Head Coach.

It doesn't appear the Head Coach is to receive any help from a more experienced Coach.

Anyone?

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Utter nonsense.

The buck very firmly stops with the Head Coach if we go down.

Have to disagree, the buck stops with whoever appointed such an inexperienced Head Coach and then kept that individual in a position clearly out of his depth. Can't blame Lee Johnson for either of those decisions.

3 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Have to disagree, the buck stops with whoever appointed such an inexperienced Head Coach and then kept that individual in a position clearly out of his depth. Can't blame Lee Johnson for either of those decisions.

Precisely so

1 hour ago, TRL said:

As long as I am here The stadium at AV will be built.  He has and always will be full of bluster and bullshit

"Millen is not ready for the Job yet"  3 months later he is

the bloke is like Comical Ali

That's very unfair on Lansdown.  No one could have predicted the Ashton Vale situation, and I think what we have ended up with is a credit to the club.

Coppell left us in a very difficult situation and I can see why a quick appointment from the existing staff was made.  If my Chief Executive walked in mysterious circumstances tomorrow I am sure it is exactly what we would do, and I suspect that is true of most businesses.  You might argue that he should have been appointed on a caretaker basis, but what was important was stability and Keith gave us that.

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

No there's a few that still can't see it. We should not be in a relegation fight, it could have been avoidable.

Yes, if Tomlin had scored the penalty at Sheffield Wednesday and not missed against Burton, and had Matty Taylor not missed the open goal at Derby, we would probably be safe now!

28 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That's very unfair on Lansdown.  No one could have predicted the Ashton Vale situation, and I think what we have ended up with is a credit to the club.

Coppell left us in a very difficult situation and I can see why a quick appointment from the existing staff was made.  If my Chief Executive walked in mysterious circumstances tomorrow I am sure it is exactly what we would do, and I suspect that is true of most businesses.  You might argue that he should have been appointed on a caretaker basis, but what was important was stability and Keith gave us that.

It is not unfair.  He should not be making promises he cannot keep, any one could predict what would happen, how many large projects get shut down in Bristol? too many to count, that is how many that is why we are such a backward facing city compared to most in the country in terms of development and infrastructure.  

And if someone is too inexperienced the do not become experienced withing a preseason training period.  And you certainly don't tell the general public that he is too experienced 3 months before hand then appoint him.  It is laughable.

27 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes, if Tomlin had scored the penalty at Sheffield Wednesday and not missed against Burton, and had Matty Taylor not missed the open goal at Derby, we would probably be safe now!

Why are you just picking up on 2 or 3 games . Why aren't you highlighting all the other games over a 5 month period we have been a tactical shambles. 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Why are you just picking up on 2 or 3 games . Why aren't you highlighting all the other games over a 5 month period we have been a tactical shambles. 

I'd hazard a guess, in the same way you choose your examples carefully to make your point, TDP has chosen his examples accordingly.

To cliche, 'Lies, Damned Lies and statistics'

2 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I'd hazard a guess, in the same way you choose your examples carefully to make your point, TDP has chosen his examples accordingly.

To cliche, 'Lies, Damned Lies and statistics'

Choose them carefully :laughcont: !!! Take your pick from 20 odd games , whereas the alternative is extremely limited. 

16 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

City can only be responsible for results in the games we play in. Thats it  Other clubs fortune/misfortune is NOT down to the Lee Johnson

No, they are not, but what is down to Lee Johnson is the inept coaching, tactics, constant tinkering and changing the line up, resulting in most or even all of the players not knowing what to do or having the luxury of getting to know each others game in a settled team.  This has been said before, lot's of times on this forum, but any other club who suffered a record run of losses,  would have shown their coach / manager the door immediately after said event, but no not SL.  When we go down into League 1, as we are sure to, the best players will leave and another rebuilding will have to start again.  I don't hold out any hope of LJ getting promotion back to the Championship, if anything I think we will struggle with this, I repeat with this inept coach in charge.  A really exciting time to look forward to.

17 minutes ago, TRL said:

It is not unfair.  He should not be making promises he cannot keep, any one could predict what would happen, how many large projects get shut down in Bristol? too many to count, that is how many that is why we are such a backward facing city compared to most in the country in terms of development and infrastructure.  

And if someone is too inexperienced the do not become experienced withing a preseason training period.  And you certainly don't tell the general public that he is too experienced 3 months before hand then appoint him.  It is laughable.

Situations change...

1 hour ago, BCFChayden said:

We say that most seasons, what makes this season any different to any season of being in the championship?

This manager has had the scope to shape his own squad and hasnt been hampered by having to ship out dead wood a la DM and SOD.

With the completion of the stadium and increased crowds this buffoon has squandered a huge chance for this club to take off. Still some people cant see that. its painful.

We will be knocking around just above half way in league one in 2 years time and people will still be saying he needs more time.

Some one wake me up when he has finished his apprenticeship or has been sacked. Whichever comes first.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I look at the table, not ifs and buts.

17 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

It's happening.

What's the plan Steve?

You are right to ask!! There is no apparent Risk Plan, no Plan A or back up Plan B which you would expect from a savvy businessman. To make the promise of not allowing relegation is ludicrous from an owner and a board member. All we see, i.e. the fanbase is a total lack of action. So disappointing !!!!

8 hours ago, TRL said:

As long as I am here The stadium at AV will be built.  He has and always will be full of bluster and bullshit

"Millen is not ready for the Job yet"  3 months later he is

the bloke is like Comical Ali

"Trust me" on Tinnion?

18 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looking like we'll need 4 wins from 9. Brighton away we're getting nout.

So 4 wins from 8 realistically...

A highly improbable turn around in form.

50 points is spot on. Either 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws.  It will be decided at the Gate I think - Barnsley, Wolves, QPR and Birmingham are all perfectly winnable.  We're capable of getting something on Friday (though I won't hold my breath) and Blackburn, Brentford and Preston away could give us 2 or 3 points. 

It will come down to Brum at home....

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

50 points is spot on. Either 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws.  It will be decided at the Gate I think - Barnsley, Wolves, QPR and Birmingham are all perfectly winnable.  We're capable of getting something on Friday (though I won't hold my breath) and Blackburn, Brentford and Preston away could give us 2 or 3 points. 

Wow. I know you include an 'I think' but you still seem pretty sure about a series of events that have a massive amount of different permutations.

Could I borrow your crystal ball when you're done please. I'd like to know whether the wife will be pleased with the birthday gifts I've got her?

6 hours ago, The Bard said:

Yes they are "winnable" but so were all the prev home games. I think we have some good players but a manager who is not doing his job and making things up as he goes along. Even tomorrow yes we could actually win but it all comes down to player management... that is where we have and will continue to fall down.

Our fans have been great but can only do so much and remain split in half regarding baffling decisions by our leader who should be making a clear the air statement right now at this critical time.......but he remains silent. Wish we could have another Divvy moment to wake/sort them all out.

15 hours ago, TRL said:

Maybe that's it-SL sits in 'ees ivory tower surrounded by riches,fruits of his own labours-an extremely successful man in his chosen field??

And then he looks down.

Is his opinion/perception of the 'average',or should I say "less successful" man in the street flawed.....??..even his own look in the shaving mirror each day by the same token....??

Friday will tell us a lot about how this will all go down.

I've seen some interesting debate on here this week, ranging from; "We're doomed regardless now" to "form goes out the window at this point in the season; anything can happen."

The truth of the matter will be seen on the pitch.

In light of our win (still can't quite believe we finally won a game...) last weekend; those in Camp Keep-The-Faith have indicated this shows how we can flip the current script, improve our results and head towards safety.  Others in the #JohnsonOut faction have outlined that a scrappy, ugly win against one of only two teams below us does not constitute a revival.

I'm very much a sceptic, but reserve the right to see what sort of performance we put in against an excellent Huddersfield side tomorrow before knowing which view holds more truth.

Personally, I don't believe that past form or performances are no longer a factor at this point in the season; there is little evidence sides suddenly improve or implode simply due to a diminishing number of games.  That is wishful thinking, and self-reassuring nonesense.

But results can absolutely change the attitude and mentality of a team, so perhaps our coming out on top of a horror show of a game against Wigan will provide the impetus to help drag us away from the drop.

I'm hoping we can fight hard enough on Friday to nick a valuable point from a flying Huddersfield side; I don't think we have the capacity to beat them just now, but adding them to our mini unbeaten run, and going into the international break still likely in touch with safety or even above the line, and having held a top three side should embolden us for the last phase of the season.

My worry is that Huddersfield will ruthlessly expose our myriad weaknesses, and leave us potentially close to cut adrift with two weeks until our next game, and any spring in our step from Wigan will be lost,

If this occurs, we'll see if SL's nerve holds in the face of utter failure on the part of LJ.  Retaining him regardless seems to be the position of the board, but this might start to look ridiculous if between the two international breaks we've slid from top six to bottom three.

As the proverb/curse says; "may you live in interesting times..."

Good post @samo II and I agree with a lot of it. I have come to the conclusion the LJ is safe at least until the summer, and even then he would have to continue this  amazing run up until Christmas for SL to pull the trigger. 

I can't see any way of us getting 3 points, 1 would be a good result. While even I've used the old "form goes out the window" line to clutch at straws, the teams at the top usually keep winning. The only thing I hold onto is (cliche alert ) all good runs come to an end. Our problem , one of may , is we haven't looked good when closed down properly, very rabbit in the headlights. 
Blackburn Vs Preston
Forest Vs Derby
Burton Brentford
Fulham Vs Wolves
Wigan Vs Villa
I would give Blackburn ,Forest, Fulham and Burton decent chances of picking up points, so the table  could look horrible come Saturday night. Then , even if the decision was made what is time left to, firstly get a new man , then for him to have an impact. No, we're stuck with LJ and every weekend will be like this one , nervously looking over our shoulders, actually that should be , nervously looking up !
So Friday is massive, you can repeat that for every matchday until safe/doomed , and we desperately need points...... interesting indeed .

Archived