IGNORED

Thank Bob it's matchday Brentford thread

Major Isewater

Just now, redandy1 said:

How many times this season have we started poorly. Johnson has had all season to sort it out but it is still the same. Managers with any ability resolve problems Johnson simply doesn't know how to. 

I'm afraid you are spot on... can't believe LJ will ever make a successful manager, but SL doesn't see it that way, so we are stuffed. At least parking will be easier in front of league one gates and we won't have to worry about Sheff.Utd!

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Did you think we'd win every match to the end of the season then?  If we get something at Preston it might not be too bad, with four of the last six at home.  Burton winning is a blow though.

We wont get anything at Preston though. We are shit.

we have a tough run in and today was a winnable game against a bang average mid table team. Needed a point at least today. Lose at Preston and there will so much pressure to beat wolves at home. 

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Regardless of result today, we were never going to be safe, it's going to the wire, there will be changes every week, as long as we match Blackburns results we stay up, so let's hope they keep losing!

Trouble is before today I was thinking as long as we match Burton's results we will be OK - and now look at the table!

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Did you think we'd win every match to the end of the season then?  If we get something at Preston it might not be too bad, with four of the last six at home.  Burton winning is a blow though.

I love reading replies like yours, where did he even say anything like your first sentence?

As for Burton at least they are showing some fight.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'm afraid you are spot on... can't believe LJ will ever make a successful manager, but SL doesn't see it that way, so we are stuffed. At least parking will be easier in front of league one gates and we won't have to worry about Sheff.Utd!

Blimey...Anfield has the 'Shankly Gates' we've got the 'League One Gates' - how small fry are we?!

I look forward to the players upcoming instagram posts of them, with others commenting "chin up bro" or a flame emoji or the likes. 

Its 100% between us, Forest and Blackburn. Sadly both have changed manager, and both appointed managers id pay twice as much as LJ to have here. 

Frankie , some good saves but kicking way off and Bentley showed us how a good keeper plays.

The midfield were awful today , Pack , absent,

O'Neill , powder puff,

Tomlin , got robbed too often and played too deep .

Cotterill, needs to get his hair cut , anonymous today .

Bryan , how many times do we need to see that he ain't a defender.

Smith, Solid but rarely ventured forward and played safe sideways balls .

Flint ,solid

Wright , looked like he was suffering from jetlag

O'Dowda , hustled and bustled but ineffective .

Tammy , didn't see much of the ball and must be looking forward to playing in a decent side next season.

Subs

Taylor , apart from his miss which I forgive him for seeing as he isn't up to match speed, he at least gave the Brentford defenders something to think about.

Hegler and Reid ,both added energy but like Taylor nowhere near as sharp as they could be due to absence from the first team .

All in all another false dawn ,a big disappointment and the wonderful supporters left to trek their lonely and despondent way home with not a lot to cling on to.

I'm beginning to enjoy international breaks , at least my weekend doesn't get ruined .

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Bryan should be dropped for the rest of the season for his gutless part in their first goal.

I don't blame Bryan . I blame LJ who seems to be the only one who thinks he will be a " premier League " left back in time . ( Note to self , Nicky Hunt and Adam Matthews , let it go )

Just now, Major Isewater said:

I don't blame Bryan . I blame LJ who seems to be the only one who thinks he will be a " premier League " left back in time . ( Note to self , Nicky Hunt and Adam Matthews , let it go )

What he did or more accurately didn't do had nothing to do with what position he was playing.

He was slow to spot the danger in the first place, he then made a less than half hearted attempt to close the player down, then he gave up and then not only turned his back on the shot but cowered out of the way, it was gutless.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Frankie , some good saves but kicking way off and Bentley showed us how a good keeper plays.

The midfield were awful today , Pack , absent,

O'Neill , powder puff,

Tomlin , got robbed too often and played too deep .

Cotterill, needs to get his hair cut , anonymous today .

Bryan , how many times do we need to see that he ain't a defender.

Smith, Solid but rarely ventured forward and played safe sideways balls .

Flint ,solid

Wright , looked like he was suffering from jetlag

O'Dowda , hustled and bustled but ineffective .

Tammy , didn't see much of the ball and must be looking forward to playing in a decent side next season.

Subs

Taylor , apart from his miss which I forgive him for seeing as he isn't up to match speed, he at least gave the Brentford defenders something to think about.

Hegler and Reid ,both added energy but like Taylor nowhere near as sharp as they could be due to absence from the first team .

All in all another false dawn ,a big disappointment and the wonderful supporters left to trek their lonely and despondent way home with not a lot to cling on to.

I'm beginning to enjoy international breaks , at least my weekend doesn't get ruined .

I told ya! :grr:

21 minutes ago, city1983 said:

We wont get anything at Preston though. We are shit.

we have a tough run in and today was a winnable game against a bang average mid table team. Needed a point at least today. Lose at Preston and there will so much pressure to beat wolves at home. 

Please let us know how much you have bet on this foregone conclusion at Preston.

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Totalö shit on telly day bafter day. All the crapm you imagine.

Why not a documentary about genuin footballs fans fooled season after season by an ineptrt. club. Someting intresting and something that not stupid people actually would watch

:drunk2:

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Totalö shit on telly day bafter day. All the crapm you imagine.

Why not a documentary about genuin footballs fans fooled season after season by an ineptrt. club. Someting intresting and something that not stupid people actually would watch

I agree with what you said, but it was a like City's performance - a bit disjointed 

Archived