IGNORED

Whats the excuse this week Lee?

wendyredredrobin

1 hour ago, Warwickshire Red said:

"I thought this was the team I could trust. I've learned about a few today. We'll do some team bonding on the bus up to the Preston game and I'll select those I can absolutely positively trust for Tuesday's game." 

5 of the 11 who started are his signings, plus another 5 were on the bench. 

So basically he's admitting he doesn't trust 10 of his own signings.

Must do wonders for team moral :yawn:

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Tbh I thought it was a honest assessment from him. The players worked hard in training the past ten days but didn't turn up in the first half and didn't execute the game plan. In the second half they did.

LJ changed it round a bit, simplified it and it had a positive effect.

This defeat lays firmly at the feet of the players.

Fair comment.

Relegation lays firmly at Johnsons door.

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

5 of the 11 who started are his signings, plus another 5 were on the bench. 

So basically he's admitting he doesn't trust 10 of his own signings.

Must do wonders for team moral :yawn:

As I said on another thread - this was the group he believed he could trust thus sending out a clear message to those he's discarded

Now from the group he could trust , there are some if not quite a few he's decided / realised he cant

So we are down to 5 ? 6 ? 7 ? He believes he may be able to trust

Has a problem Tuesday now as it appears by his own admissions he hasn't got eleven he can trust

So does he pick the players he didn't have trust in before today or pick players that he doesn't trust after today

hmmmmm

Sounds a bit of an issue 

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As I said on another thread - this was the group he believed he could trust thus sending out a clear message to those he's discarded

Now from the group he could trust , there are some if not quite a few he's decided / realised he cant

So we are down to 5 ? 6 ? 7 ? He believes he may be able to trust

Has a problem Tuesday now as it appears by his own admissions he hasn't got eleven he can trust

So does he pick the players he didn't have trust in before today or pick players that he doesn't trust after today

hmmmmm

Sounds a bit of an issue 

It's not the first time he has come out with this excuse either Bob. He wanted to take all of the credit for the Huddersfield game, but then shifts all the blame on to the players today. It really is awful management and does absolutely nothing for team moral at such a vital time. 

Ive never known a City manager like this one, a manager who won't accept any responsibility at all when losing a game. 

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

It's not the first time he has come out with this excuse either Bob. He wanted to take all of the credit for the Huddersfield game, but then shifts all the blame on to the players today. It really is awful management and does absolutely nothing for team moral at such a vital time. 

Ive never known a City manager like this one, a manager who won't accept any responsibility at all when losing a game. 

Know what you're saying PB but as I've said elsewhere , and it gripes my s****t - the attitude of the players , whatever they think of Johnson

Ive said elsewhere should they need Johnson or anyone else to motivate them ???

How about a bit of pride, professionalism , playing for each other.....

Disgraceful

I do agree that he managed to get in post match that the game plan , preparation were all good blah blah but (And I've had no faith in LJ since Dec / Xmas) it's the players I'm jacked off with just as much today

IMHO - He's right in proclaiming that he can't trust lots of the players , I don't either right now but rightly or wrongly the players certainly aren't playing for LJ , SL or the fans

The massive question , apart from a unprofessional attitude , is Why ?

(I suspect factions within the dressing room as well as lack of belief  LJ  - because they aren't even playing for each other)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Know what you're saying PB but as I've said elsewhere , and it gripes my s****t - the attitude of the players , whatever they think of Johnson

Ive said elsewhere should they need Johnson or anyone else to motivate them ???

How about a bit of pride, professionalism , playing for each other.....

Disgraceful

I do agree that he managed to get in post match that the game plan , preparation were all good blah blah but (And I've had no faith in LJ since Dec / Xmas) it's the players I'm jacked off with just as much today

IMHO - He's right in proclaiming that he can't trust lots of the players , I don't either right now but rightly or wrongly the players certainly aren't playing for LJ , SL or the fans

The massive question , apart from a unprofessional attitude , is Why ?

(I suspect factions within the dressing room as well as lack of belief  LJ  - because they aren't even playing for each other)

LJ is feeding these factions with his comments, any player not picked on Tuesday will now know he's not trusted by the manager. Now more than ever we need every player pulling in the same direction, LJ's 'trust' comment will guarantee this isn't going to happen. 

His after match comments just show how much an inexperienced manager he is, I bet the likes of Tony Mowbray isn't slagging his players off with 7 games to go. His experience will tell him that he needs to keep the players 100% with him, our manager doesn't understand that.

10 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

LJ is feeding these factions with his comments, any player not picked on Tuesday will now know he's not trusted by the manager. Now more than ever we need every player pulling in the same direction, LJ's 'trust' comment will guarantee this isn't going to happen. 

His after match comments just show how much an inexperienced manager he is, I bet the likes of Tony Mowbray isn't slagging his players off with 7 games to go. His experience will tell him that he needs to keep the players 100% with him, our manager doesn't understand that.

Oh , totally agree PB

Hes pushed himself up **** creek without a paddle by publicly highlighting players 'he can't trust'

He's done it until he believed he had a team he could trust but has now publicly indicated that there are some of those he can't (At least he didn't name them publicly) 

Problem now comes, when he has a look around who to replace them with he's looking at a (large) group he's openly previously discarded and, I'd suggest pissed right off

So what's he going to do now ?

'Hi Scott / Jamie / Adam etc etc , I know what I said , and I know I've not involved you for weeks , but I've always rated you, believed in you, we need you Tuesday , big performance , eh , what do you think' 

When you're down to less than eleven you can trust and been public in doing so I'd suggest he has a problem !

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Oh , totally agree PB

Hes pushed himself up **** creek without a paddle by publicly highlighting players 'he can't trust'

He's done it until he believed he had a team he could trust but has now publicly indicated that there are some of those he can't (At least he didn't name them publicly) 

Problem now comes, when he has a look around who to replace them with he's looking at a (large) group he's openly previously discarded and, I'd suggest pissed right off

'Hi Scott / Jamie / Adam etc etc , I know what I said , and I know I've not involved you for weeks , but I've always rated you, believed in you, we need you Tuesday , big performance , eh , what do you think' 

When you're down to less than eleven you can trust and been public in doing so I'd suggest he has a problem !

but that might work. If I was one of the "left out gang" and got the call I'd be thinking..."**** you ya bastard, I'll show you what I can do"

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Tbh I thought it was a honest assessment from him. The players worked hard in training the past ten days but didn't turn up in the first half and didn't execute the game plan. In the second half they did.

LJ changed it round a bit, simplified it and it had a positive effect.

This defeat lays firmly at the feet of the players.

But it's his job to identify why they didn't execute the game plan. Maybe they don't understand it. 

He's a very slippery character. 

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

but that might work. If I was one of the "left out gang" and got the call I'd be thinking..."**** you ya bastard, I'll show you what I can do"

Would love to think so SP but

Modern 'pros'  ?

Sadly I don't think so

Most burn with anger at dented egos - especially when publicly played out - Sadly I'd predict a nod of the head (Whilst inwardly muttering various four letter responses) and a sulky performance to follow

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Oh , totally agree PB

Are the players he can trust in both the Newcastle and the Huddersfield line ups? I've lost track.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And why did it take till half time to get them going !!!!!!!!!

maybe it's the way he does it.....I've sat with (allegedly) very good teachers, coaches and guru's....but if they can't figure when the eyes are glazing over...it's all pointless (much like our season). FFS keep it simple

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Are the players he can trust in both the Newcastle and the Huddersfield line ups? I've lost track.

Think t was post Wigan ? that he publicly nailed his colours to the current 11 / squad so as I see it those not included from Wigan onwards are in the naughty step group

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think t was post Wigan ? that he publicly nailed his colours to the current 11 / squad so as I see it those not included from Wigan onwards are in the naughty step group

oh ok, I thought it was after Fulham (probably around the same time). 

13 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I come back to the fact that he's now struggling for an eleven that he hasn't criticised or frozen out at some stage and having to use some

Tomlin is one obvious one, Bobby Reid I didn't expect to see again but has kept a spot in the squad 

The reality is He is having to now pick / use players that he's previously outed

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

LJ's post match comments....where to start? We have 7 games to play of a season which has fallen apart. The manager demonstrably out of his depth...worst run of results in the club's history etc...And now he can't explain a performance coming after a 10 day break...the players didn't turn up. Is this not the point in the season in which everyone is pulling together? A well drilled machine?

The whole situation is surreal...almost beyond belief. I've renewed...am viewing events with a detachment that surprises me...

Maybe Tuesday it's his turn "not to turn up".

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I come back to the fact that he's now struggling for an eleven that he hasn't criticised or frozen out at some stage and having to use some

Tomlin is one obvious one, Bobby Reid I didn't expect to see again but has kept a spot in the squad 

The reality is He is having to now pick / use players that he's previously outed

is Jamie Paterson injured? I'd forgotten about him

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

oh ok, I thought it was after Fulham (probably around the same time). 

If I recall right - Post Wigan was the first time he'd talked about 'trusting players' in a positive way

ie Before he highlighted that there were players he couldn't trust who then disappeared next game

After Wigan he basically said that he'd found a group he could trust thereby inferring that those he'd left out weren't 

And of course from the group he said he believed he could trust he's now saying after today some of those he can't !!!

I agree it's bloody hard to keep up !!

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Didn't think so - think he's definitely 'out of favour' 

And I'm getting more and confused too as I couldn't remember if Little is fit yet - I assume not

I had to look at the BCFC website incase I had forgotten about anyone. Milan is injured though.

He's the manage. This is his fault. Every last bit.

This is all of his making.

Bored of listening to him talk as if it's out of his control. He's the ******* manager, manage the situation, if you can't, **** off.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

He's the manage. This is his fault. Every last bit.

This is all of his making.

Bored of listening to him talk as if it's out of his control. He's the ******* manager, manage the situation, if you can't, **** off.

Why do the players get away from any kind of blame? 

Players have far more influence on games than a bloke stood on the sidelines!! 

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why do the players get away from any kind of blame? 

Players have far more influence on games than a bloke stood on the sidelines!! 

If one or two players are off then its their fault. If most of the team are off , which seems to be the case here, then it is an influence or motivation problem which is LJ. Simple as that... Do they still have the stocks in Corn Street? Might need a stool though to fit LJ !!

Archived