IGNORED

Time To Get An Organised Demonstration (Merged)

Kid in the Riot

Just now, megansdad said:

Transfer activity, improved academy facilities, continued ground development, additions to coaching team ....there's a few actions to be going on with.

All completely pointless if the most important thing - the football on offer - is unwatchable, and the intransigence of the owner in refusing to sack a failing manager leads to widespread apathy from the supporters towards the club.

3 hours ago, Tiree said:

KiTR

I suggest you carry on doing what you appear to do best; not attend Deepdale (if you had you may have added some credit to your keyboard ideas); get behind the tem for 90 mins on Saturday, assuming you at least go to some home matches(?) and carry on with wonderful ideas that dont distract the club and the players from the real business in hand; staying in the Championship!

You are nothing but a ******* troll , **** off 

Just now, megansdad said:

Transfer activity, improved academy facilities, continued ground development, additions to coaching team ....there's a few actions to be going on with.

Agreed, they are actions of the 5 pillars but not any action for managing the football side of the business. SL publicly stated that him and Chairman Dawe had concerns whether LJ was up to the level of managing a team in the Champioship. In business, when such a critical factor gets identified there is usually a risk plan that is put in place. Such a risk plan, would, I have thought contain some element of a mentorship oversight and support. There has been no evidence of managing the risk without the exception of bringing in young players and bolster the team where appropriate and four experienced players have come in. But, however, there seems to be disenchanted players that have lead to performance issues on the field. The leadership needs to be able to get the best out of players both individually and as a team where mentorship and the risk plan would have helped. But, alas, no evidence of action.

43 minutes ago, megansdad said:

disenfranchised - what nonsense. We support a football team that's it - no entitlement comes with that to success or to demanding how those that run and own the club manage it. Those that lambast SL ignore the fact that he will be as down about the situation as anyone. He will not be backing LJ lightly given both the financial cost to him and the emotional one of failure. 4 home games left 4 games to decide our season - not sure what protesting at this stage will do but play into the hands of Blackburn, Burton and Forest. Frustrated - sure am but as much with the players as with either SL or LJ. Have seen worse over the last 40 plus years and am no more or less enfranchised than I was when I went to my first game. But I do know we have a stadium to be proud of and an owner with ambition and the club in his heart. The latter is the key thing for me, while no longer a choice as to who I support - that deal was sealed many years ago.

Why don't you **** off 

Turn up in Ashton/Bemmy. Use the local pubs. Go in the park not the ground with a few tins.

3pm walk to the back of the Williams and start the chanting.

The more filled seats these ***** see the more they will spin it that they are being backed.

Players now also to blame but they clearly have issues with their boss, and in any event have no more affinity with the club than Johnson or Lansdown, who I suggest have created this situation.

3 hours ago, Tiree said:

KiTR

I suggest you carry on doing what you appear to do best; not attend Deepdale (if you had you may have added some credit to your keyboard ideas); get behind the tem for 90 mins on Saturday, assuming you at least go to some home matches(?) and carry on with wonderful ideas that dont distract the club and the players from the real business in hand; staying in the Championship!

Hilarious.

Enjoy watching your club fail in this manner do you?

1 hour ago, megansdad said:

disenfranchised - what nonsense. We support a football team that's it - no entitlement comes with that to success or to demanding how those that run and own the club manage it. Those that lambast SL ignore the fact that he will be as down about the situation as anyone. He will not be backing LJ lightly given both the financial cost to him and the emotional one of failure. 4 home games left 4 games to decide our season - not sure what protesting at this stage will do but play into the hands of Blackburn, Burton and Forest. Frustrated - sure am but as much with the players as with either SL or LJ. Have seen worse over the last 40 plus years and am no more or less enfranchised than I was when I went to my first game. But I do know we have a stadium to be proud of and an owner with ambition and the club in his heart. The latter is the key thing for me, while no longer a choice as to who I support - that deal was sealed many years ago.

When do you expect this ambition come to fruition? Genuine question as I've been a backer of Lansdown up until this year, now I can see the last 10 years for what they were.

A complete waste of a billionaire owner.

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

The thing to be thinking is: what will impact SL most? What does SL hope we do not do most of all? What makes SL most uncomfortable? What can we do that might force his hand?

We could get a new law brought in that all tax exiles will now pay 99% tax but only if they employ no hope managers

4 hours ago, kevthered said:

I totally agree the players are not blameless....They played too well against Huddersfield to be tabled crap,they know what there doing, if they can't work with Johnson fair enough on the training ground but come match day you play your heart out for the fans and the club who after all are paying them bloody good wages....They are a disgrace and letting themselves down as well as the supporters...Professional pride

If City go down they'll be able to go join other Chanpionship clubs or move abroad again.

Then the typical thing will happen!

They start performing for a new side and look quality in the league.

Always happens.

35 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Transfer activity and got us where?, improved academy facilities who recently has come through to the first team?, continued ground development, a stadium twice as big as will be necessary next season additions to coaching team which have got us where? Shipping 5 without a consolation goal ....there's a few actions to be going on with.

All pointless if nothing on the pitch improves.

43 minutes ago, megansdad said:

entitled for sure but disenfranchised - i don't see it

Your opinion - his view is different that does not mean he does not care - unless of course you know him and his thinking.

Own shares and have done since the last time shares were available for purchase. I don't see inaction - I see plenty of action but none that has worked as yet .

I answered your post and offered no view on Mr Lansdown's emotions and BCFC. He does share some of his thinking and I would disagree that BCFC's support in general has not been supportive of a failing inexperienced Head Coach till the consequences of such a poor rookie choice became evident. 

I own shares and have since 1982. If every fan pooled their shares together v Mr Lansdown's share holding it would be meaningless. You have opted for an excellent example of where supporters are disenfranchised because there is zero accountability.

Sections of fans are clearly disenfranchised as apart from don't attend en masse they have no way of affecting the FC. The way the BS - BCFC is structured fans have no mechanism for affecting significant change despite the myth of Bristol Sport being modelled on Barcelona!!

Too long in the tooth for protest, but my family is not renewing our season tickets because ultimately we are disenfranchised, disillusioned etc ... And I see that very clearly amongst supporters.

1 hour ago, megansdad said:

entitled for sure but disenfranchised - i don't see it

Your opinion - his view is different that does not mean he does not care - unless of course you know him and his thinking.

Own shares and have done since the last time shares were available for purchase. I don't see inaction - I see plenty of action but none that has worked as yet .

50 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Can you state how any of those actions have helped BCFC on the pitch?

as I said read my post in response to one that said there was inaction...

59 minutes ago, 054123 said:

When do you expect this ambition come to fruition? Genuine question as I've been a backer of Lansdown up until this year, now I can see the last 10 years for what they were.

A complete waste of a billionaire owner.

No way of knowing but I'd rather have our billionaire owner than so many others.

2 minutes ago, megansdad said:

No way of knowing but I'd rather have our billionaire owner than so many others.

Again, if he was honest in his expectation answer desire, I could have sympathy with that as I value a financially healthy club for the next 100 years over a brief dalliance with the premiership. 

I still believe he needs to step away from decisions as the last 10 years have been a footballing failure. 

20 minutes ago, megansdad said:

,Cowshed - only my first sentence was a response to your comment. I never expected my shareholding to give me influence. Neither do i expect my support to do so and I equally don't see a reason it should. 

I would totally disagree with both points.

If fans collective shareholding has no influence or purpose ... There is something intrinsically wrong with that. Fans  having shares used to mean something beyond having the finance to buy some, or more than some. 

If fans support is meaningless to the FC that gores against the very nature of what football clubs should be. Football clubs di nit have to be autocracies. If fans are not the club, they are reduced to customers ... This customer (that is what I am now) and shareholder is withdrawing their custom.

Collectively shareholders have influence if they are all of the same mind. My shareholding is small and just like my shareholding in other companies it brings with it little influence. Support is not meaningless - fans are fans and have valid opinions and those should be taken into account. But the owners make the decisions and that is their right.

22 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Collectively shareholders have influence if they are all of the same mind. My shareholding is small and just like my shareholding in other companies it brings with it little influence. Support is not meaningless - fans are fans and have valid opinions and those should be taken into account. But the owners make the decisions and that is their right.

And in the past Bristol City shareholders post 82 have been of the same mind to affect significant change in the FC. A fact. Now this can no longer occur, due to Mr Lansdown changing the constitution of BCFC.

The FC is either its fans or it is not. In your case ( a not)  that support is meaningless because it is impotent and subservient to what you consider to be the right of the owner.

Mr Lansdown EXTENDED Mr Johnson's contract ... His right, his choice, his doing no matter what fans think is your view. There is no mechanism within the club to put forward an alternative.

My view is that fans are entitled to voice openly their displeasure. I hope many/some do.

2 hours ago, megansdad said:

I agree that the ground and training ground are fantastic. The transfer activity is irrelevant unless we had someone who was clear in the way we were going to play though.

To me it just seems LJ went out and bought 20 players, the afterthought was, right, what shape and tactics are we going to use?.

Whereas someone who knew what they were doing would have decided on shape and tactics first, then signed the players to fit the system. 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can I clarify points above - what value is there in being a shareholder of Bristol City?

I honestly don't know the answer

Absolutely none since SL assumed control of the club. There used to be a yearly AGM that you received an invitation too and could vote on items, including I believe electing board members. Imagine if we still had that...I think Mr Lansdown would've acted by now somehow...

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can I clarify points above - what value is there in being a shareholder of Bristol City?

I honestly don't know the answer

On this point, I have some shares, not many though. I moved house a few years ago and sent details of my new address to the relevant address re City shares.

i did this expecting to get sent the yearly information we always 'used' to get sent by the club. Well, I haven't received anything at all for years now, not even a confirmation letter re my change of address.

P

The Club seem to be ignoring us again!!!

Instead of venting your frustrations on here, get down the ground on Saturday and let's drive this fool out of out club, forget the lost 3 points against wolves this is bigger than that.... ( we're down regardless with this so called fan in charge) he Must be removed...

The club have ignored us again and again, It's now up to the heart and soul of this club (The fans) to come out and fight back... this is our club and we want it back!!!!

Archived