IGNORED

Time To Get An Organised Demonstration (Merged)

Kid in the Riot

6 minutes ago, Super said:

I would guess that around 95% (at least) of City fans want him gone.

That may be the case, but I also suspect that 95% of fans want us to stay in the Championship and everything should be focused on that.  With four home games out of six left we need to create a positive atmosphere at Ashton Gate to try and get the points we need to stay up.  Boycotting matches is not going to help that. I would urge people, whatever the feelings about Lee Johnson, to get behind the team on the pitch and urge them on.  

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

If what KITR suggested happened a couple of months ago we wouldn't be where we are now. Unfortunately there are too many fans with blinded support, who are happy to be treated like idiots, The people who are constantly happy to put up with this shambles are starting to  be part of the problem, along with dumb and dumber. 

It should be apparent that nothing will be done NOW!! No point in looking back, we are where we are, I am not happy, I wanted him gone, but he is going nowhere, what do you want the real City fans to do, run away and cry 'cus Lee is still here grow some!! 

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

And do you have a plan B? You say the anti LJ is the 'vast' majority of City fans, well it is on here, but that is just a small minority of the City fans.You come over as a loose cannon, someone who likes the tag of a trouble maker,Kid In The Riot eh? well good luck with that, at the end of the day some City fans still live in hope we can survive, starting with Saturday, you want to scupper that too. We do have 6 matches left, 4 at home, that could be our salvation, besides no amount of demonstrations will change anything, if you want a fight go join the Marines.     

Jesus H christ, it's the hopelessly useless LJ that needs a plan B the  idiot needed one back in October.

His post match interview last night  is far worse than any planned protest.

if he had a shred of decency he would just resign.

The players are not blameless but they are the only people capable of keeping us up, not the clown in charge.

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

It should be apparent that nothing will be done NOW!! No point in looking back, we are where we are, I am not happy, I wanted him gone, but he is going nowhere, what do you want the real City fans to do, run away and cry 'cus Lee is still here grow some!! 

Grow some? Grow some would be to make a stand? Boycott, protest! Not bend over and ******* take it.

19 minutes ago, Tiree said:

KiTR

I suggest you carry on doing what you appear to do best; not attend Deepdale (if you had you may have added some credit to your keyboard ideas); get behind the tem for 90 mins on Saturday, assuming you at least go to some home matches(?) and carry on with wonderful ideas that dont distract the club and the players from the real business in hand; staying in the Championship!

Brilliant suggestion because getting behind the team is working wonders isn't it! Do you really think they're playing for the badge/shirt. Wake up because everyone players/management/board/owners need a rocket

There was a similar suggestion before some midweek game recently. Possibly Norwich. Lots of suggestions, no decisions, nothing happened. Totally agree with you Kid, but it's Weds now, so need to clarify pretty quickly what form this is going to take otherwise we'll still be putting forward ideas on saturday morning.

36 minutes ago, kevthered said:

I totally agree the players are not blameless....They played too well against Huddersfield to be tabled crap,they know what there doing, if they can't work with Johnson fair enough on the training ground but come match day you play your heart out for the fans and the club who after all are paying them bloody good wages....They are a disgrace and letting themselves down as well as the supporters...Professional pride

You've said what I'm not articulate enough to get over. Top post. Loves it . 

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A protest around the suits / VIP entrance wouldn't be a bad place

Three VIP entrances, BobBob. Let's get it right. We have a lot of very important people at Ashton Gate, it would seem

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That may be the case, but I also suspect that 95% of fans want us to stay in the Championship and everything should be focused on that.  With four home games out of six left we need to create a positive atmosphere at Ashton Gate to try and get the points we need to stay up.  Boycotting matches is not going to help that. I would urge people, whatever the feelings about Lee Johnson, to get behind the team on the pitch and urge them on.  

So why exactly has'nt the thrust of your post worked since October?, the fans have been brilliant home and away and yet all we have to show is record breaking sequence of losses and some of the worst bullshit interviews and excuses imaginable.

Anywhere else LJ would have been rightly sacked at Christmas, he has now become toxic, he cannot be allowed to personally berate a player who came on at 3-0, that just about sums up the cowardly little shit.

41 minutes ago, kevthered said:

I totally agree the players are not blameless....They played too well against Huddersfield to be tabled crap,they know what there doing, if they can't work with Johnson fair enough on the training ground but come match day you play your heart out for the fans and the club who after all are paying them bloody good wages....They are a disgrace and letting themselves down as well as the supporters...Professional pride

Anyone who has played the game knows a good performance(now and then)can just strangely arrive out of the blue,everything you touch just goes your way-it happens.

The problem is the odds are it won't occur three more times in the matches remaining.

15 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I would suggest %100 of our fans want us to stay In Championship

Just that all but the odd one or two (I'd suggest literally the odd one or two) want Johnson out because the evidence is overwhelming that this set of players , certainly whilst Johnson is around are taking us down

Unkess Johnson goes immediately I don't see us surviving for a moment

The players clearly and openly downed tools and gave up last night so if you need any more evidence 

They've (Players) been backed and backed and have repeatedly failed so more support is likely to be completely wasted - they've made their feelings and attitude abundantly clear   Again

40 minutes ago, Tiree said:

KiTR

I suggest you carry on doing what you appear to do best; not attend Deepdale (if you had you may have added some credit to your keyboard ideas); get behind the tem for 90 mins on Saturday, assuming you at least go to some home matches(?) and carry on with wonderful ideas that dont distract the club and the players from the real business in hand; staying in the Championship!

Don't feed the troll everyone 

Even the Preston fans on their forum are saying our players downed tools last night and are clearly not playing for our head coach.

If they can see it after one game, why can't some of our own see it after months of this garbage?

I won't be attending on Saturday as I would probably get banned!

Odious little shit. Johnson out!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

With the greatest respect to @glos old boy 's post asking everyone in a thread to respond by saying 'OUT' if you want LJ gone, it's not going to have the required impact.

Now is surely the time for our fan base to GET ORGANISED and stop this madness. STARTING SATURDAY

I am horrified to hear that what sounds like a majority of the fans at Deepdale last night actually clapped the players off?!

Sorry, but we are complicit in this apathy and if we want change we have to do something tangible! The apathy shown in and around the stadiums at the moment reminds me of the attitude of Roverzzz supporters who accepted being lied to and bent over and shafted for years under Dunford/Higgs. We always have been and always will be better than that!

So what can we do?

I understand hundreds of supporters have written/emailed the club and these comments have simply been ignored, so we need another plan.

We need recognition in the local and national press that we have an owner acting against the best interests of the club and who is ignoring the views of the vast majority of the fan base. How do we do this?

We need a visual and vocal presence at all games, starting Saturday, that says to everyone involved in the club that the actions of SL are irresponsible and against the best interests of the club and that LJ is a fraud! banners held at all entrances into AG? Organised meet before the game in one area at say 1.30pm? Let local/national media etc know.

It's with great regret that it's come to this but I feel we can't stand by and watch the custodian of our club willfully ignore the will of the supporters anymore.

a Mass boycott is the only thing that will work

I desperately want us to stay up, but can we do this and if we do does that mean LJ stays ? 

I think we ( the 95%) should, for now, show our dissent in our own ways, but have a mass  well-organised protest whether we stay up or not at the Birmingham game ( especially if we stay up).

Events hopefully will happen before that, but the way things are going we could lose the next 6, and LJ could be caught with SL's daughter and still be safe from the boot. 

46 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

And do you have a plan B? You say the anti LJ is the 'vast' majority of City fans, well it is on here, but that is just a small minority of the City fans.You come over as a loose cannon, someone who likes the tag of a trouble maker,Kid In The Riot eh? well good luck with that, at the end of the day some City fans still live in hope we can survive, starting with Saturday, you want to scupper that too. We do have 6 matches left, 4 at home, that could be our salvation, besides no amount of demonstrations will change anything, if you want a fight go join the Marines.     

I know a lot of City fans who aren't on here. Many of them are patient, positive and supportive sorts who look to stay behind the club come what may. Every single one of them now want Johnson gone. The overwhelming majority of fans do from what I can see. I think to suggest otherwise is plain wrong. 

I would print 100 t-shirts and give them away for free on Saturday if I thought it would make a blind bit of difference. It would cost me less than some of the shambolic away trips I have to put up with.

I am angry like the rest of you and agree a boycott at the Wovels match is the first step. Last night people said and I hope they are doing was that they would phone or  visit Ashton Gate and demand a refund on their new season tickets. Both of these are great because it hurts them in the pocket, and that is the main way. Kid in the riot is correct we need to be vocal and high profile on Saturday. Although I did not agree at the time but the protest that Blackpool fans showed against their owners on match days is one we should follow, and my anger is against SL,LJ,MA, and the voiceless board. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Assume you use social media?

The club twitter account had hundreds of similar replies last night - other City pages and forums are the same

Perhaps part of the problem is maybe those fans putting up with this shit !?!?

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

We all need to agree on a time and place and spread the word via social media! A lot of fans don't use otib but there's a lot who are active on twitter. 

VIP entrance is a good shout! I'd prefer to get in their faces as they park their nice cars up. 

and the various Facebook groups

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

En masse, on the pitch, on the pitch. 

Peaeful protest with season tickets thrown at dugout.

Or

everyone make a paper aeroplane with Johnson out written on it and throw on the pitch on 13 minutes.

A pitch invasion could incur a points deduction for the club, which is the last thing we want. 

I prefer @Kid in the Riot's plan.

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume you use social media?

The club twitter account had hundreds of similar replies last night - other City pages and forums are the same

Perhaps part of the problem is maybe those fans putting up with this shit !?!?

Well yes social media, not always representative of true opinion is it? To reiterate I want him to step down, and I want to be in the Championship next season, the only way that will happen is not to jump ship.

48 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

a Mass boycott is the only thing that will work

Completely disagree .

Get down the Gate and protest long and loud - banners ,bog rolls on the pitch ,anti Johnson chants from the outset .

Apathy has caused this situation - the only boycott which would have worked is not buying a season ticket but I bet quite a few on here have.

Archived