IGNORED

Time To Get An Organised Demonstration (Merged)

Kid in the Riot

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

With the greatest respect to @glos old boy 's post asking everyone in a thread to respond by saying 'OUT' if you want LJ gone, it's not going to have the required impact.

Now is surely the time for our fan base to GET ORGANISED and stop this madness. STARTING SATURDAY

I am horrified to hear that what sounds like a majority of the fans at Deepdale last night actually clapped the players off?!

Sorry, but we are complicit in this apathy and if we want change we have to do something tangible! The apathy shown in and around the stadiums at the moment reminds me of the attitude of Roverzzz supporters who accepted being lied to and bent over and shafted for years under Dunford/Higgs. We always have been and always will be better than that!

So what can we do?

I understand hundreds of supporters have written/emailed the club and these comments have simply been ignored, so we need another plan.

We need recognition in the local and national press that we have an owner acting against the best interests of the club and who is ignoring the views of the vast majority of the fan base. How do we do this?

We need a visual and vocal presence at all games, starting Saturday, that says to everyone involved in the club that the actions of SL are irresponsible and against the best interests of the club and that LJ is a fraud! banners held at all entrances into AG? Organised meet before the game in one area at say 1.30pm? Let local/national media etc know.

It's with great regret that it's come to this but I feel we can't stand by and watch the custodian of our club willfully ignore the will of the supporters anymore.

Maybe we could suggest that we elect our next manager?  The problem is that if only season ticket holders had a vote - most on here would have disenfranchised themselves! 

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Maybe we could suggest that we elect our next manager?  The problem is that if only season ticket holders had a vote - most on here would have disenfranchised themselves! 

You are completely disenfranchised as a Bristol City supporter anyway - season ticket or not. That is the way the club has been run under Mr Lansdown, autocratically.

Why don't we try and shift the balance of power a bit, eh? Back to where it rightfully belongs.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Actually having some interviews would be a step in the right direction

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

A pitch invasion could incur a points deduction for the club, which is the last thing we want. 

I prefer @Kid in the Riot's plan.

100% agree

NO PITCH INVASIONS

To me protest outside the ground before the game

Get behind the team during the game - IF it goes like last night then protest during the game

We should feel sorry for the poor players being brought in to work today

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

You are completely disenfranchised as a Bristol City supporter anyway - season ticket or not. That is the way the club has been run under Mr Lansdown, autocratically.

Why don't we try and shift the balance of power a bit, eh? Back to where it rightfully belongs.

That was the subject of my light hearted post.  The difference is that SL puts tens of £millions into the club - a few noisy fans can maybe get a manager sacked - but I recall that there have been objections to many managers over the years, on this forum.  SOD had a few critics as did Pulis - both had experience and a decent track record.  This is a lot more complicated than just getting a head coach sacked. FWIW I regretted the sacking of Steve Cotterill - many on here wanted him out.  I worry about mob rule - it has muscle but no brain!

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

That was the subject of my light hearted post.  The difference is that SL puts tens of £millions into the club - a few noisy fans can maybe get a manager sacked - but I recall that there have been objections to many managers over the years, on this forum.  SOD had a few critics as did Pulis - both had experience and a decent track record.  This is a lot more complicated than just getting a head coach sacked. FWIW I regretted the sacking of Steve Cotterill - many on here wanted him out.  I worry about mob rule - it has muscle but no brain!

Surely history has demonstrated it depends who's leading the mob?

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

With the greatest respect to @glos old boy 's post asking everyone in a thread to respond by saying 'OUT' if you want LJ gone, it's not going to have the required impact.

Now is surely the time for our fan base to GET ORGANISED and stop this madness. STARTING SATURDAY

I am horrified to hear that what sounds like a majority of the fans at Deepdale last night actually clapped the players off?!

Sorry, but we are complicit in this apathy and if we want change we have to do something tangible! The apathy shown in and around the stadiums at the moment reminds me of the attitude of Roverzzz supporters who accepted being lied to and bent over and shafted for years under Dunford/Higgs. We always have been and always will be better than that!

So what can we do?

I understand hundreds of supporters have written/emailed the club and these comments have simply been ignored, so we need another plan.

We need recognition in the local and national press that we have an owner acting against the best interests of the club and who is ignoring the views of the vast majority of the fan base. How do we do this?

We need a visual and vocal presence at all games, starting Saturday, that says to everyone involved in the club that the actions of SL are irresponsible and against the best interests of the club and that LJ is a fraud! banners held at all entrances into AG? Organised meet before the game in one area at say 1.30pm? Let local/national media etc know.

It's with great regret that it's come to this but I feel we can't stand by and watch the custodian of our club willfully ignore the will of the supporters anymore.

I agree it really winds me up at the end of a game where the players have put in one of their usual performances ie crap and people are stood there like some north Korean audience clapping like demented seals I shouted out WHY? they looked at me as if I was some kind of traitor I don't understand some people.

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is something I would support wholeheartedly 

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

It is hard to have confidence in the considered judgement of a lynch mob!

That's why I'm saying get the right people to organise any protest. There's plenty of respected posters on here that I would trust. And as for hanging them high. I can bring a shrub that would do.

1 hour ago, redapple said:

I shouted "Johnson Out" as I drove past the training ground this morning. But I don't suppose the bloke in the car park in a fluorescent jacket and wooly hat will have much say in making that decision. 

Sounds like Jeff. Security guy. Always on Scott Murray's snapchat. If you watch Scott's snapchat, you'll know exactly who I mean!

41 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Ok. So, we all get to know who applies, or who might be willing to talk, etc etc. And we get to meet them face to face, in person. In other words, we have all the information and all the contacts and everything SL had at his disposal when he made his decision to appoint a green coach with one full, complete season to his name residing mid table a division below following a recent 8 game losing streak last year.

Unlikely any of us would have appointed this particular coach if we were privy to all the rekevant information

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The thing to be thinking is: what will impact SL most? What does SL hope we do not do most of all? What makes SL most uncomfortable? What can we do that might force his hand?

Take a rabble of hard drinking and vociferous fans on a holiday tour of his Channel Island over the Summer?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Assume you use social media?

The club twitter account had hundreds of similar replies last night - other City pages and forums are the same

Perhaps part of the problem is maybe those fans putting up with this shit !?!?

Spot on 

people being shouted down when chanting Johnson out, it's double speak, if we went down again it wouldn't be his fault it would be you didn't cheer hard enough 

Johnson is a virus infecting this club, if that virus was Ebola he'd put some positive spin on it

disenfranchised - what nonsense. We support a football team that's it - no entitlement comes with that to success or to demanding how those that run and own the club manage it. Those that lambast SL ignore the fact that he will be as down about the situation as anyone. He will not be backing LJ lightly given both the financial cost to him and the emotional one of failure. 4 home games left 4 games to decide our season - not sure what protesting at this stage will do but play into the hands of Blackburn, Burton and Forest. Frustrated - sure am but as much with the players as with either SL or LJ. Have seen worse over the last 40 plus years and am no more or less enfranchised than I was when I went to my first game. But I do know we have a stadium to be proud of and an owner with ambition and the club in his heart. The latter is the key thing for me, while no longer a choice as to who I support - that deal was sealed many years ago.

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Just read this after my post, good on you, I feel bad about our demise, but we need to galvanise support for the run in not turn in on ourselves, I suspect KITR is loving every minute, and the worst thing some actually would try and make a protest and it will all end in tears, seen it all before, the best thing he can do for all our sake's is just shut up!! Too late to change the head coach, different ball game now.

It's very honourable in what your saying and if we were in January I'd probably be agreeing with you but the decline has been so long and he isn't going to turn this around. You can't have him keep saying he'll pick a team he trusts. It just screams that he's lost it. He needs to go now to give us any chance of survival in the championship

16 minutes ago, megansdad said:

disenfranchised - what nonsense. We support a football team that's it - no entitlement comes with that to success or to demanding how those that run and own the club manage it. Those that lambast SL ignore the fact that he will be as down about the situation as anyone. He will not be backing LJ lightly given both the financial cost to him and the emotional one of failure. 4 home games left 4 games to decide our season - not sure what protesting at this stage will do but play into the hands of Blackburn, Burton and Forest. Frustrated - sure am but as much with the players as with either SL or LJ. Have seen worse over the last 40 plus years and am no more or less enfranchised than I was when I went to my first game. But I do know we have a stadium to be proud of and an owner with ambition and the club in his heart. The latter is the key thing for me, while no longer a choice as to who I support - that deal was sealed many years ago.

Club not team.

If you do not distinguish between the two you would take the view that fans are no more than mere consumers.

If you take the alternative view that a club is it fans then yes fans are entitled to show their displeasure and ask for change.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Those that lambast SL ignore the fact that he will be as down about the situation as anyone. He will not be backing LJ lightly given both the financial cost to him and the emotional one of failure

Utter nonsense - if he gave a shit about the team he would have made a change!!!

As our board are so hidden away, SL is the ONLY person seemingly who could have corrected this situation when it was plain to see to so many so many weeks ago

11 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Unless, like some of us, we have shares in the place and are classed as investors with a share in ownership. You talk alot of sense megansdad. However, BCFC is in most supporters blood. Those attending fans are revenue to the club that pay the bills along with advertisements, events and SL and others putting their hands in their pockets. To be watching League 1 standard football as opposed to the Championship is a big factor in the standard of also the fanbase and level of support. 

IMHO the hatred, yes hatred is a big word with various meanings, was not there last Christmas. What has fuelled this emotion is what I believe the lack of action, communication and interest of any member of that board. With inaction comes a lack of trusts, ambition and desire of the management team of this club. All this negative emotion could have been managed by BS by bringing in support for LJ that gives him the tools for his job is one example. But nothing. Why should fans dedicate their hard earned money when the club has proven they don't care via inaction. 

10 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Club not team.

If you do not distinguish between the two you would take the view that fans are no more than mere consumers.

If you take the alternative view that a club is it fans then yes fans are entitled to show their displeasure and ask for change.

entitled for sure but disenfranchised - i don't see it

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Utter nonsense - if he gave a shit about the team he would have made a change!!!

As our board are so hidden away, SL is the ONLY person seemingly who could have corrected this situation when it was plain to see to so many so many weeks ago

Your opinion - his view is different that does not mean he does not care - unless of course you know him and his thinking.

4 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Unless, like some of us, we have shares in the place and are classed as investors with a share in ownership. You talk alot of sense megansdad. However, BCFC is in most supporters blood. Those attending fans are revenue to the club that pay the bills along with advertisements, events and SL and others putting their hands in their pockets. To be watching League 1 standard football as opposed to the Championship is a big factor in the standard of also the fanbase and level of support. 

IMHO the hatred, yes hatred is a big word with various meanings, was not there last Christmas. What has fuelled this emotion is what I believe the lack of action, communication and interest of any member of that board. With inaction comes a lack of trusts, ambition and desire of the management team of this club. All this negative emotion could have been managed by BS by bringing in support for LJ that gives him the tools for his job is one example. But nothing. Why should fans dedicate their hard earned money when the club has proven they don't care via inaction. 

Own shares and have done since the last time shares were available for purchase. I don't see inaction - I see plenty of action but none that has worked as yet .

Just now, megansdad said:

entitled for sure but disenfranchised - i don't see it

Your opinion - his view is different that does not mean he does not care - unless of course you know him and his thinking.

Own shares and have done since the last time shares were available for purchase. I don't see inaction - I see plenty of action but none that has worked as yet .

What action? please confirm. Thanks

Archived