IGNORED

Time To Get An Organised Demonstration (Merged)

Kid in the Riot

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

You've answered yourself lino in the first statement. As long as Lansdown backs his mate, we can't do a thing.

I am genuinely upset at the catastrope our club has turned into, what a sad, sad realisation.

I'm Fuming today....!!! Should not be getting this wound up about football but this situation is beyond normal!!!

What has happened to our club. are all our fans gone soft Bristol City fans of old before Bristol sports days would not let this happen ! It's our team I don't think no one wants relegation  but with the clowns in charge now it doesn't look good we need to voice are concerns not stand by and lie down !
Get our Club Back!

12 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

And do you have a plan B? You say the anti LJ is the 'vast' majority of City fans, well it is on here, but that is just a small minority of the City fans.You come over as a loose cannon, someone who likes the tag of a trouble maker,Kid In The Riot eh? well good luck with that, at the end of the day some City fans still live in hope we can survive, starting with Saturday, you want to scupper that too. We do have 6 matches left, 4 at home, that could be our salvation, besides no amount of demonstrations will change anything, if you want a fight go join the Marines.     

What a ******* numpty you are..... If  i was a moderator u'd be banned!!!! People like you are the reason why we're still in this ******* mess!!!

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We need recognition in the local and national press that we have an owner acting against the best interests of the club and who is ignoring the views of the vast majority of the fan base. How do we do this?

I'm right with you mate, I really am, but having spent the majority of my career in media relations I know that the credible media outlets ask for proof of any emotional proclamations before they will give them coverage...so, do you know for certain SL is ignoring the views of the 'vast majority' of our fan base?

I'm with you in that everyone I know wants LJ sacked and lots on here seem to agree with that, but that all represents a tiny, tiny percentage of our total fanbase...we'd need to be able to demonstrate a serious groundswell of opinion before the media would be interested...do you have any stats to back that up? Not trying to be difficult, but just want to manage expectations and highlight that we need hard data before any media coverage can be gained...

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm right with you mate, I really am, but having spent the majority of my career in media relations I know that the credible media outlets ask for proof of any emotional proclamations before they will give them coverage...so, do you know for certain SL is ignoring the views of the 'vast majority' of our fan base?

I'm with you in that everyone I know wants LJ sacked and lots on here seem to agree with that, but that all represents a tiny, tiny percentage of our total fanbase...we'd need to be able to demonstrate a serious groundswell of opinion before the media would be interested...do you have any stats to back that up? Not trying to be difficult, but just want to manage expectations and highlight that we need hard data before any media coverage can be gained...

Did you know that when they calculate TV viewing figures they ask every single viewer in the land what they watched before announcing numbers. 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Given your experience BS4 isn't there a slight twist to this? I know that potentially SL cannot be referenced as ignoring the vast majority of our fan base. Let me try to explain given our recent history:-

1. Results have not gone our way and LJ has been identified as being the "lossiest" coach in BCFC history.

2. SL, held a press conference stating full support to LJ given the fanbase concerns about 2 months ago.

3. Although the fanbase has been vocal both on the OTIB forum and at games that the club is getting worse and despite a glimmer of hope with two wins, the club is maintaing a losing streak.

4. When LJ was appointed Head Coach, SL was quite vocal stating that himself and Chairman Dawe has concerns that LJ is not ready. Although this statement issued there is no apparent support to retire risk with LJ and no further communication to ease fears with the fanbase.

5. There is a big communication void within the club to make the fanbase comfortable that there are plans to manage SL's previous comments that he will not let BCFC be demoted.

6. The fact there is no or little communication to the fanbase construes either a lack of interest by the Senior Management within BCFC or that they are ignoring the views of the fanbase without any comfort of demonstrating concern of the views of the fanbase .

At this short notice a catalyst is needed and S82 would be ideal imo.

They are the only organised group of fans we have in the ground and have regularly got together to produce displays, banners, flags etc.

If they could bring themselves to forgo the 1st half and leave their usually vociferous section empty, or as near as possible, and remain outside AG, it would send a very powerful message that could not be ignored.

If the word was spread in advance no doubt like minded fans from other stands would join them outside the ground to chant audible anti Johnson songs. 

Then enter the ground noisily en masse just after h/t to support the team.

Would have to be properly organised and entirely peaceful though, many will avoid anything which looks likely to lead to confrontation with Police, stewards or even passing Wolves fans, and understandably so. 

Remember any protest would all be on CCTV and it's all too easy to get a banning order for very little these days.

58 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Did you know that when they calculate TV viewing figures they ask every single viewer in the land what they watched before announcing numbers. 

So, you think going to the media with a story along the lines of "less than 1% of City fans want LJ out and SL is ignoring this" will gain widespread coverage?!

You can't just quote opinions from a forum on which a tiny, tiny, tiny % of our fanbase participate and call that 'hard facts that represent the views of a huge majority of our fanbase' without evidence to back it up - the credible media won't entertain covering this without evidence that goes into more depth than 'everyone I know wants LJ out' etc.

I believe that the majority of City fans want LJ to be replaced, but proving it is another story if you want media coverage to back up a campaign. 

Your comment on TV viewing figures is totally irrelevant in this regard. You cannot go to the media, with a great story full of emotion and sensation, without the facts to back it up.

Truth is media do read club forums. Even a small thing can set the ball rolling with media interest.

Case in point, a bit of chanting when Fulham went 2 up made the Times match report from City-Fulham..Opening section of it:

Bristol City fans call for Johnson sacking

February 23 2017, 12:01am, The Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F242

Johnson is refusing to buckleHARRY TRUMP/GETTY IMAGES

Lee Johnson, the Bristol City manager, pledged to fight on after large sections of an angry crowd at Ashton Gate called for him to be sacked.

Chants of “We want Johnson out,” echoed around the stadium last night after Fulham eased to a 2-0 win thanks to goals from Lucas Piazon, the on-loan Chelsea forward, and Tom Cairney.

12 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

What a ******* numpty you are..... If  i was a moderator u'd be banned!!!! People like you are the reason why we're still in this ******* mess!!!

Ahh it's all my fault then.

You call me a numpty and then go one to say ''If I was a moderator.....:P

I care perhaps too much about this club to see it decline into mob rule, no matter what the circumstances.   

I was thinking about this earlier and tbh...

• Football Clubs aren't democracies and most never truly have been.
  • If the board and owners want to ignore the fans and do it their way- they will! Cases in point include Coventry, Charlton.
  • Managers are generally stubborn as **** and like to do it their way. Prime example was Steve Kean at Blackburn he took dogs abuse on the touchline and yet he remained in charge throughout the relegation season?
  • Banners...don't tend to be allowed into football stadia. Plenty of clubs disallow it.
  • Wenger- stubborn as hell, board don't yet seem to care there, he sure doesn't, in fact he scoffed at protestors the other day.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/04/arsene-wenger-ridicules-arsenal-protesters-for-wasting-their-day-6554423/

• In short, I am unsure what difference protests would make if the club truly want to keep Johnson- not that I disagree with them but I struggle to see them working.

23 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Can I be absolutely clear?  Are posters on this thread saying that they are happy for us to lose to Wolves?

In fairness the players seemed quite willing to lose to Preston , if losing to Wolves cost Teflon Johnson his job I would happily take it. Sadly I'm pretty sure it won't. 

As we speak, the Cruiser Aurora has taken up station near the swing bridge and its guns are pointed at the Lansdown Stand. I thought that this could be the start of something big......then I woke up, saw that the sun was shining and that we only have to stuff Wolves tomorrow to light up our survival campaign under our leader Lee Johnson! Bollocks to the revolution COYR!

Just now, phantom said:

So is anything happening tomorrow? 

Yes - there is a match that we need to win and some of the so called fans on here are trying to plan some kind of demonstration in order to create a toxic atmosphere. If they have their way and the players fail to beat a team with the best current form in the Championship, they will say that it is all the fault of the head coach.  This is very competitive and will be very high drama - lets hope City prevail on the pitch and the more positive fans drown out the forces of darkness! COYR! 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

So is anything happening tomorrow? 

In short, YES.

Feelers were put out and general consensus is it was too short notice to go with anything too big.

BUT there will be a visual presence at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

All I can say to people who want to get involved is bring banners/flags as you wish so long as they are not offensive (bad language), homophobic, racist etc

Even if you want to print out an A3 piece of paper with Johnson Out on it, every little helps...

Archived