IGNORED

Lansdown the real story

Citychuds

8 hours ago, NickJ said:

The nice thing about Google is that facts are easily and swiftly verified.

Johnson's final game for Barnsley included just 2 of the 12 permanent signings which Johnson had made since becoming manager a year earlier.

Hardly "building a winning squad" is it?"

Oh, so the signings of Mawson, Watkins, Hammill, Isgrove, Brownhill and Fletcher didn't help secure their promotion? I'd say that was LJ building a promotion winning squad, yeah. Those are facts but clearly don't suit your agenda so you opt to ignore it.

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That sounds like it would've required a bit more than "some quick research". Do you have a link to prove these stats as they don't sound right at all?

It's relatively quick at transfermarkt.com. This season's transfer balance here (have to scroll down to find us).

League table of squad purchase values here .

Last five years here.

Expenditure per point here.  This one is particularly interesting shows that Barnsley, Preston, Huddersfield and even Reading are doing incredibly well.

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I often wonder if at most clubs if the players don't like a Manager they sit and wait it out until he gets sacked and hope they get on the good side of the new guy. If the Manager looks like he will be hanging around for a while, their options are to buckle down and try and work with the Manager or bugger off. 

I geniunly believe come end of season I think we will see who the villains are. I reckon a few players will be pushed at the door.

i do agree with your theory though, players do play a big part in this

On 4/10/2017 at 19:33, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I said this last season on this forum about SC and SL,  I was told that I was lucky I was not being sued for libel.  my view was the same as yours regarding LJ's appointment.

I can say with 100% confidence my comments are not libellous, and therefore yours if the same are not either,

Who threatened you with this?

On 10/04/2017 at 17:23, NickJ said:

The bolded bit is a fair analysis and I do have some sympathy for Steve.

But, Steve has taken certain decisions such as share ownership changes without any meaningful dialogue, and an attitude of "its my club", and therefore has put himself up to be shot at when things aren't going well.

And of all the mistakes, the absurdity of not only the non backing of one of our most successful ever managers, but replacing him somebody who had "been on the radar" for a long time, but in fact had a far inferior record at the same level, stands out as something which was seemingly pre-planned no matter what, with a total disregard for the consequences.

SL mentioned in the interview that he considered the project when we were relegated. I guess the project means LJ, therefore Cotts was always a short-term option and had to make way for LJ. Seems a bit reckless (and bit silly) to oust a successful manager just to install the favoured option. It strikes me that SL is so focussed on the right 'set-up' that he is willing to sacrifice coaching ability etc., in favour of micro-managing the club. 

9 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The other interesting bit of the interview was SL stating that he had the idea for the project when we were relegated. I guess by 'project' he means employing LJ as manager. This would mean that Cotts was always seen as a short term option, which could account for the shenanigans last season. :ermm:

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

SL mentioned in the interview that he considered the project when we were relegated. I guess the project means LJ, therefore Cotts was always a short-term option and had to make way for LJ. Seems a bit reckless (and bit silly) to oust a successful manager just to install the favoured option. It strikes me that SL is so focussed on the right 'set-up' that he is willing to sacrifice coaching ability etc., in favour of micro-managing the club. 

You seem quite determined to get that point across and who could blame you.

The more you you look back at it, the more obvious it is what was going on.

Just now, NickJ said:

You seem quite determined to get that point across and who could blame you.

The more you you look back at it, the more obvious it is what was going on.

I knew I had written it before (couldn't remember where) but I wanted to acknowledge what you had written! 

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

I knew I had written it before (couldn't remember where) but I wanted to acknowledge what you had written! 

Yes guessed that and these points should be repeated and repeated because thousands of supporters of Bristol City have been ****** over in the cause of our owners "project", whatever that may be because it has still not been adequately explained or justified.

Archived