IGNORED

Lansdown the real story

Citychuds

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was also interested to hear that Des Taylor left because he didn't have the same ideas as the club. Why employ a top scout if you don't share the same aspirations…?

More like he was professional and the club management amateur

4 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

The evidence in favour of LJ is shown in performances like Wolves and Huddersfield at home.  The players were clearly very motivated and played according to the game plan devised by LJ.  Now if you look at the horrible performance at Preston and the first half at Brentford, it is hard to work out whether the players were at fault or Johnson.  I doubt if he would send them out poorly prepared - so it seems likely that there are issues with the players in some of these cases.  On the subject of man management - consider his situation: a large squad of very competitive young men all desparate to be in the team on match day. I expect they are pissing in his ear and he has to keep some kind of peace and balance in the squad. If after weeks of nagging the manager for a place, a player - who is normally very good, then comes and gives a poor performance, calling him out in an interview could be a means of conrtrolling tensions within the camp.  The thing is that we don't know what kind of relationship LJ has with his players.  He also says very encouraging things about players - it looks a bit like carrot and stick to me. The back to my opening point - he can still get a team revved up to squash Wolves in a must win match. I think the boy has something - maybe that can get better with coaching and encouragement from SL.  

As for the Premier League ambitions, they are just that - ambitions. Every year a trio of teams come down to the Championship with HUGE parachute payments and squads that are already populated by very good players.  They have a huge advantage and we must have a plan to combat that.  We seem to have a plan, and I feel sure that if the plan could not be worked they would tweek it until it did.  When SC was manager, it seemed that we were not shy in talking of big fees for top players. It must make sense to spend SLs cash on up and coming players with big sell on value than on 30 year olds, who may give us a good season and then coast towards retirement. We have had squads like that in years past! 

Just because we have a plan and a project, that doesn't mean that it will always run smoothly! Players have personal issues, loss or form or confidence, niggles, injuries, illnesses and more - and we, the paying public see none of this and often pan the manager for team selections that have to be made in the face of these difficulties. He cannot say too much because he will show his hand to the opposition and that would put us at a disadvantage. We know SL will invest, we know that we have the basis of a good squad that will only get better as they become more experienced and as more good players are added. We know that there will always be a number of disgruntled players because we have to keep a big squad now that the emergency loan system has gone. Adjustments will be made as we go along, but one thing is certain - the future certainly is bright....especially if we can avoid the drop this season! COYR!

How's the weather in Guernsey today, Steve?

PS. You are a deluded old fool whose ridiculous ramblings on here and the radio, never mind your long history of appalling decision making, are alienating an increasing number of supporters.

I hope you're feeling prowed (you having gAss tendencies and all that) of yourself.

PPS. I fear these are actually our salad days for, when your time is up, sonny jim will be promoted from tea-boy to head honcho - a more clueless and undeserving receipient it would be hard to find.

Long live North Korean nepotism. All hail the Supreme Leader. 

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

So LJ gets the credit for good performances but the players get the criticism for the bad ones.

Can you give examples of his leadership qualities and man management skills?

I do not know LJ personally or know about his relationship with the players - but once the players cross the white line, there is not that much he can do about it, other than give a few instructions. He dis say that GON's job was to be the coach on the field - make of that what you will. You will probably use that as something with which to rubbish LJ......at least you would if you had an agenda! :yes:

18 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well the stadium and training facilities are in place - we just need to build the team according to the plan. If LJ comes up short (sorry - coundn't resist!) SL will find someone else who can do the job.  At his age and with his wealth, he will not hang about - if he wants us in the Premier League, he will try very hard to get us there.  It is probably the last great ambition that he has in his life. Don't get too distracted by the staffing issues - he will soon change those if he thinks they cannot work. Hang on to your bobble hat - it is going to be an exciting few years ahead!

I only wish I could agree with you, but unfortunately I have seen and heard all the plans before, just never seem to come off and I don't think this Bristol Sport plan will succeed either, just look at the Rugby, sorry to be pessimistic, but I have been supporting and following for a long long time and in the long run, things never get better. I am resigned to just living the rest of my life seeing City go up and down regularly.from League one and the Championship, unless a proven, experienced manager is install and soon. It shows what is wrong, when all they have achieved in my life time, apart from the old division one days under Alan Dicks,  is a few JPT trophies and one League one championship.  All done on the cheap and this will continue.

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Was there not a rule a while ago about very long posts?

Can anyone be bothered reading this diatribe?

No offence, but can't we keep it a bit more concise?

:disapointed2se:

tfj

The chap took the time and effort to post a detailed reply and I was just trying to be polite - made more difficult by taking my son to the doctor, doing an emergency shop at the supermarket, cooking his goose egg, remaking his bed and doing numerous other chores. Life as a carer is certainly not easy! Sorry that this reply is too long!

47 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

How's the weather in Guernsey today, Steve?

PS. You are a deluded old fool whose ridiculous ramblings on here and the radio, never mind your long history of appalling decision making, are alienating an increasing number of supporters.

I hope you're feeling prowed (you having gAss tendencies and all that) of yourself.

PPS. I fear these are actually our salad days for, when your time is up, sonny jim will be promoted from tea-boy to head honcho - a more clueless and undeserving receipient it would be hard to find.

Long live North Korean nepotism. All hail the Supreme Leader. 

That was not clever, not funny and NOT grown up! :P

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I do not know LJ personally or know about his relationship with the players - but once the players cross the white line, there is not that much he can do about it, other than give a few instructions. He dis say that GON's job was to be the coach on the field - make of that what you will. You will probably use that as something with which to rubbish LJ......at least you would if you had an agenda! :yes:

My agenda is it would be quite nice to have a decent manager.

You have not been able to offer a single example or indication of Johnson's leadership skills or man management qualities, yet you continue to put forward the notion he is a good leader and manager.

Ever considered changing your user name to Bick Thastard? :P

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I only wish I could agree with you, but unfortunately I have seen and heard all the plans before, just never seem to come off and I don't think this Bristol Sport plan will succeed either, just look at the Rugby, sorry to be pessimistic, but I have been supporting and following for a long long time and in the long run, things never get better. I am resigned to just living the rest of my life seeing City go up and down regularly.from League one and the Championship, unless a proven, experienced manager is install and soon. It shows what is wrong, when all they have achieved in my life time, apart from the old division one days under Alan Dicks,  is a few JPT trophies and one League one championship.  All done on the cheap and this will continue.

Every business strives to achieve the best it can at the lowest reasonable cost - Arsene Wenger would probably cost so much that we would not be able to afford any players and he would be used to doing things a very different way.  If you cannot see that the club is on the up when you walk into the stadium and look at some of the players that we sign and are linked to signing, then you must have missed something. Some on here do not agree with progress, the head coach, SL, and much else.  I believe that we are making good progress p 19 players signed in one window is difficult to bed in. The loan system changes mean that there are fewer avenues to arrange a rescue when events conspire against you.  You just need to be a bit patient - LJ has had just over a year. He saved us last seaon and will hopefully finish this season still in the Championship. COYR! 

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Hi BR -sorry I had to go out!

1. I think that the jury is still out on this to an extent - but I agree with you about pressing.  Whenever we play a pressing game we seem to do well - maybe another reason for leaving Tomlin out of the starting 11. It may well be that there are scouts who watch opposition teams and that we get video of their recent matches that should give us a clue.  LJ often talks about the opposition strengths and weaknesses - so he must know something.  I get the impression that we are maybe not as fit as some other clubs and that it is hard for some to play Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday - Cotterill and Joe Bryan often look knackered - but they play a very long game with lots of ground covered.

2. It is difficult to fathom how some of the players think - maybe it is a bit like going away to university and being away from home for the first time. I remember people in tears and struggling to cope - maybe people like Gus Engvall has similar problems.  We will never know about the private personalities, injuries, knocks, broken hearts or anything else like that in the group - but it is bound to impact upon behaviour. I would expect that the "DNA" is the hardest thing to get right and that older players are steadier and therefore more reliable, making our project more difficult.

3. I don't think support and how LJ was as a player are really fair points.  The owner and others at high level within the club clearly rate him highly - and there must be a reason for that. The fact that he was a marmite player was due largely to his size and lack of pace - he was certainly an intelligent player.  If, as some on here believe, he is lacking in certain areas of hi management skills - that may be due to his age and maybe that is why he is also suitable for the project because he will be closer in age to the younger players that we are recruiting.  A hard bitten 55 year old may not be able to empathise in quite the same way.

4. I think that we are ambitious and I have the suspicion that SL is making his investments into the club largely from income.  If he has an investment income of roughly £50million pa - assuming normal divicend levels, that would leave him with around £40million after Guernsey taxes at 20% - if you take off his living expenses, aeroplane and other interests, I would expect that he could regularly invest between £20- £25million.  Now some of that would go to other sporting interests - leaving around £15-£20million for his City interests.  Now that the stadium is finished, that would put us at or near the higher end of the non-parachute clubs.  A reasonable number of younger players coming through will ease the situation - as would smaller losses!! We still need every penny that can be raised.  He may just release cash from selling investments as he did for the stadium. We shall see!

5.There will always be mistakes and players thinking that they cam better themselves - financially and by playing in a bigger club or one nearer their parents. I would expect that we would get the odd bargain - like Taylor for example. We will have to wait to see how existing and new players feel about a long term future at City - but SL clearly envisages buying young and cheap, developing and then selling for a much higher price. Hopefully he is building the management infrastructure that will make all this work. It is not only experience but enthusiasm is vital.  I remain optimistic COYR!

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed but I keep getting called to do duties!

To be keep this brief I'll just make one point here BF and that's the View that maybe SL is able to see something in LJ that we as fans aren't party to.  I think we're in complete agreement here that this may be the case, though for very different reasons.  While the dwindling number of pro LJ support possibly believe it must be some (very well hidden) football talents behind the scenes, I suspect it's more a case of LJ being willing to allow himself to just be a puppet and just tow the party line.

From where I'm looking, the hidden talents option is getting dangerously close to being a football version of the emporer's new clothes, so I would need far more evidence than we've seen so far, before I could see any kind of justification for the mess SL is presiding over.  I like most senible fans hoped he would succeed, regardless of views on him as a player, but for most people he has been given more than enough time to prove he has what it takes and has failed dismally.

We all see things differently though and only time will tell if this is the biggest of a long list of poor decisions SL has made over the years.

While you look forward to a bright future, I'll continue to worry until I see this club finally sort out the deep rooted problems which have held it back for so many years, instead of tapping into the undoubted potential we have here.

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

My agenda is it would be quite nice to have a decent manager.

You have not been able to offer a single example or indication of Johnson's leadership skills or man management qualities, yet you continue to put forward the notion he is a good leader and manager.

Ever considered changing your user name to Bick Thastard? :P

Pack it in Nick! I have spent all day, so far, running around like a blue arsed fly and then tried to respond to a load of replies.  I come back to the point that the players actually seem to respond to LJ - hence the good recent performances. That shows that he has something.  Do you remember seeing his Oldham team - playing very good football on a tiny budget.  Chelsea trusted him with Tammy. Those in the club see what he is doing and they rate him - a few miserable gits on here find fault with everything that he does or says - but it has always been thus and a minority of the fans have always been like that.  Do you remember "Dicks out" ?- and he was probably our greatest post war manager!

I have not considered a name change recently - but thanks for the suggestion! :mf_sleep:

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

My apologies, Maggie. Lovely weather here in Bristol today, you don't know what you're missing.

I have a great deal in common with rich, successful, talented and inspirational people - but I am the wrong shape to be Mrs L. But thank you for your wise and considerate contribution to the debate! :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

To be keep this brief I'll just make one point here BF and that's the View that maybe SL is able to see something in LJ that we as fans aren't party to.  I think we're in complete agreement here that this may be the case, though for very different reasons.  While the dwindling number of pro LJ support possibly believe it must be some (very well hidden) football talents behind the scenes, I suspect it's more a case of LJ being willing to allow himself to just be a puppet and just tow the party line.

From where I'm looking, the hidden talents option is getting dangerously close to being a football version of the emporer's new clothes, so I would need far more evidence than we've seen so far, before I could see any kind of justification for the mess SL is presiding over.  I like most senible fans hoped he would succeed, regardless of views on him as a player, but for most people he has been given more than enough time to prove he has what it takes and has failed dismally.

We all see things differently though and only time will tell if this is the biggest of a long list of poor decisions SL has made over the years.

While you look forward to a bright future, I'll continue to worry until I see this club finally sort out the deep rooted problems which have held it back for so many years, instead of tapping into the undoubted potential we have here.

BR we are all nervous and football is a precarious business. LJ is a very young coach to be given such huge responsibilities - but he is clearly very bright and has a will to learn and take on new ideas.  It will take a while to see if he succeeds - but if he fails, SL will no doubt have to do whatever is necessary to keep the project on the road.  He has now managed to finish and hopefully pay for the stadium, which will start to bring much needed revenue into the club and make it easier to afford more rapid progress.  It is easy to be negative - but I see little to worry about beyond the current relegation fight.  Bad results can happen to the best of clubs - see Norwich v Reading on Saturday. As Greavesy used to say "its a funny old game"!

11 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Pack it in Nick! I have spent all day, so far, running around like a blue arsed fly and then tried to respond to a load of replies. (1) I come back to the point that the players actually seem to respond to LJ - hence the good recent performances. That shows that he has something.  Do you remember seeing his Oldham team - playing very good football on a tiny budget.  Chelsea trusted him with Tammy. (2)Those in the club see what he is doing and they rate him - a few miserable gits on here find fault with everything that he does or says - but it has always been thus and a minority of the fans have always been like that.  Do you remember "Dicks out" ?- and he was probably our greatest post war manager!

I have not considered a name change recently - but thanks for the suggestion! :mf_sleep:

(1) They responded to a game that was broadcast live on national TV (Hudds) a convenient shop window as many will be looking to escape the shambles that has been presided over by LJ this season. They then responded to two appalling performances at Brentford and PNE, for which they were universally criticised for, by playing well again on Saturday when the bloke who pays their wages was in town. What does that tell you about the management of the team and the environment that has been created for them when they only turn up when they want to?

(2) Nooo...Steve Lansdown rates him, that much we know. The others? Well I don't think John Pemberton rated him. He's surrounded by his friends in McAllister and Holden so we can assume they "rate" him! The players? haha no, I don't think so. They've made that abundantly clear through their performances both individually and as a group. With 35% of supporters having not renewed their season tickets (according to uncle Steve but who knows if that's actually true) that is quite some "minority" who are pissed off and not coming back next season.

The point I would like to make is SL is actually a supporter - a very rich supporter - but still a supporter. I've spoken to him at services coming back from Wigan ( 0-0 Gas going down party ) and a mind numbing draw at Orient one New Years Day.He cares and does give a 5h1t. And for every Cardiff and Leicester , I will name a Stockport County, Tranmere, Portsmouth etc - all teams we have played against and competed in the same league as in recent years.If SL goes, what exactly is the alternative ?

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Pack it in Nick! I have spent all day, so far, running around like a blue arsed fly and then tried to respond to a load of replies.  I come back to the point that the players actually seem to respond to LJ - hence the good recent performances. That shows that he has something.  Do you remember seeing his Oldham team - playing very good football on a tiny budget.  Chelsea trusted him with Tammy. Those in the club see what he is doing and they rate him - a few miserable gits on here find fault with everything that he does or says - but it has always been thus and a minority of the fans have always been like that.  Do you remember "Dicks out" ?- and he was probably our greatest post war manager!

Where is there any evidence that the players "respond" to Johnson, Bat? Sorry, Bick.

Looks to me and plenty of  others they play when they feel like it, which probably depends how much of a knob Johnson has been that week.

Where is the evidence that Chelsea allowed Tammy to come here because of Johnson?

Yes I do recall his Oldham team and for somebody with an alleged agenda I actually commented, on here, at the time, what good football Johnson's Oldham played.

But then, when he was appointed here, I looked at the facts. 

Those facts being that an outrageously successful manager (for us) had been replaced by a manager with a 35% win record at the same level. Work that out.

The fact that it was obvious from Johnson's playing days here that he is not a leader or a manager. Again I said on here the day after his appointment that I wished him well but thought that the only benefactor to this arrangement would be Johnson's wallet.

As for Dicks, he came with the pedigree of being ex Chelsea and recommended by none other than Jimmy Hill, but was given a small budget to work with, unlike our current manager. Who, I might remind you, has purchased 19 players, very few of whom he "trusts" to actually play some games.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

(1) They responded to a game that was broadcast live on national TV (Hudds) a convenient shop window as many will be looking to escape the shambles that has been presided over by LJ this season. They then responded to two appalling performances at Brentford and PNE, for which they were universally criticised for, by playing well again on Saturday when the bloke who pays their wages was in town. What does that tell you about the management of the team and the environment that has been created for them when they only turn up when they want to?

Talk about clutching at straws! No, no, no, the players and staff only responded with that fantastic result on Saturday because SL was there... despite him being at games regularly throughout the season? Anything not to give LJ any credit, eh? It was a great response to the two games/performances you mentioned. Credit to the players, manager and coaching staff.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

(2) Nooo...Steve Lansdown rates him, that much we know. The others? Well I don't think John Pemberton rated him. He's surrounded by his friends in McAllister and Holden so we can assume they "rate" him! The players? haha no, I don't think so. They've made that abundantly clear through their performances both individually and as a group. With 35% of supporters having not renewed their season tickets (according to uncle Steve but who knows if that's actually true) that is quite some "minority" who are pissed off and not coming back next season.

The Wolves match was not on TV and SL attends most of the games.  I'm afraid that you look upon everything that LJ does with a jaundiced eye and you will not be budged from your views - that is your own affair.  I believe that the glass is half full - not half empty.

None of us really know the situation with JP (I liked him) or with JMcA - but I can understand the case for having a supportive team of people who are in agreement over management and coaching issues. We won the first two games when JMcA came in - I know that that means little at this stage, but the sky did not fall in!

As for the season tickets, it has been the same for many years that people often leave this until the very last minute - maybe for financial reasons. Talking to those around me in the Dolman Stand, I detected none of the negativity that you seem to see all around you - maybe you are a magnet for it?  FWIW I was concerned when SC left because I thought that he looked as if he could be an ideal long term coach - but he would have had to comply with the plans of SL and maybe it was best he left.  We will have to wait for a year or two to form a proper judgement of LJ because he is still growing (sorry!) into the job and has learned much and has much more to learn - he is a bright lad and will, in my opinion, learn the lessons. I really hope so because I would like to watch Championship footy at the Gate next season - but as long as I am watching City - I shall find reasons to be happy.  Cheer up you miserable old sod!!

Lansdown needs more awareness of how the fans feel, because you can say all you like about understanding our frustrations and appreciating us.

But if that were the case, I think 1) LJ's job would be under greater threat as only a great start will bring people back on-side next season and 2) SL wouldn't then say what he said on Saturday which was, at best, badly worded.

As with all things it's a two-way street and although not many people are calling for his head there's a fair amount of vitriol thrown at him, which for all his faults isn't really fair because he does pump his heart, soul and cash into the football club, and anyone who pretends he doesn't is kidding themselves.

Having had some time to chew over the fat of the interview I don't think it's as bad as it appeared at first glance, I think he's been cheesed off by some of the personal abuse directed at him. But he certainly didn't do himself any favours.

His unequivocal praise for MA given his role in this mess, and his chequered past, maybe should be more of a concern. I've been a big fan of MA since his return but the longer this all goes on the more it seems he's pulling the strings, and not doing it very well.

10 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Talk about clutching at straws! No, no, no, the players and staff only responded with that fantastic result on Saturday because SL was there... despite him being at games regularly throughout the season? Anything not to give LJ any credit, eh? It was a great response to the two games/performances you mentioned. Credit to the players, manager and coaching staff.

Clutching at straws haha! Clutching at straws would be to take the odd good performance in 10 and claim that the manager knows what he's doing.

Club record 8 straight league defeats at Barnsley one of the most heavily resourced clubs in L1

Club record 8 straight league defeats at City after spending £14m in the summer/January

What credit should we dish out to LJ for this in your opinion?

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Clutching at straws haha! Clutching at straws would be to take the odd good performance in 10 and claim that the manager knows what he's doing.

Club record 8 straight league defeats at Barnsley one of the most heavily resourced clubs in L1

Club record 8 straight league defeats at City after spending £14m in the summer/January

Surely we spent nowt as we sold Kodja making this a free season for LJ!!

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well you've taken the two losses out of the last 7 games where we've began making progress. Nobody defends the losing run, but we've made progress in recent weeks and there's certainly cause for hope. He built a promotion winning squad at Barnsley, a club that had been in decline for years before he went there, and had begun guiding them up the table before he came to us. He may have spent that money for us, but it's hardly a war chest when you consider we had a negative net spend. Goodness knows how you'd react if you were a Villa fan, I suppose you'd expect them to be 30 points clear at the top of the league.

LJ doesn't deserve praise for the season as a whole but I believe he's done a good job turning the tide in recent weeks when the club was at a very low point. A different predicament to get out of for any manager so him and the squad have shown great character recently, getting some big results. He deserves praise for his work from February to October and criticism for our form from October to February. But I look at the bigger picture and still see potential there, as does our owner clearly. We just need to focus on staying up in the meantime.

Obviously you're very negative about everything, that's your choice. The reasoning you gave in the post I quoted is still laughably silly though.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Once you take off the money we paid for him and Angers slice of the deal the profit on him was circa £6.5m.

Agh ok so we haven't spent £14 million then . I fear if LJ is in charge he will get even more money than this season plus one big marquee signing 

Just now, JHAGa said:

Well you've taken the two losses out of the last 7 games where we've began making progress. Nobody defends the losing run, but we've made progress in recent weeks and there's certainly cause for hope. He built a promotion winning squad at Barnsley, a club that had been in decline for years before he went there, and had begun guiding them up the table before he came to us. He may have spent that money for us, but it's hardly a war chest when you consider we had a negative net spend. Goodness knows how you'd react if you were a Villa fan, I suppose you'd expect them to be 30 points clear at the top of the league.

LJ doesn't deserve praise for the season as a whole but I believe he's done a good job turning the tide in recent weeks when the club was at a very low point. A different predicament to get out of for any manager so him and the squad have shown great character recently, getting some big results. He deserves praise for his work from February to October and criticism for our form from October to February. But I look at the bigger picture and still see potential there, as does our owner clearly. We just need to focus on staying up in the meantime.

Obviously you're very negative about everything, that's your choice. The reasoning you gave in the post I quoted is still laughably silly though.

It's not my choice to be negative about everything. It's just that there is very little, if anything, to be positive about at the moment in regard to BCFC. @Olé produced a table of expenditure in the Championship this season and rest assured, we are near the top. He absolutely did have a war chest, not just spending on transfer fees but wages too ie Tomlin and O'Neill two players that came from the Premier League. As you will see from my above post the profit on Kodjia was closer to £6m so I'm afraid that does not pay for £14m worth of new signings.

Your view on LJ at Barnsley appears a little rosy, certainly more praiseworthy than most Barnsley fans. They don't think they'd be where they are now with him in charge and I'd agree. What potential do you see in LJ by the way? The question keeps getting asked but not answered...

52 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

BR we are all nervous and football is a precarious business. LJ is a very young coach to be given such huge responsibilities - but he is clearly very bright and has a will to learn and take on new ideas.  It will take a while to see if he succeeds - but if he fails, SL will no doubt have to do whatever is necessary to keep the project on the road.  He has now managed to finish and hopefully pay for the stadium, which will start to bring much needed revenue into the club and make it easier to afford more rapid progress.  It is easy to be negative - but I see little to worry about beyond the current relegation fight.  Bad results can happen to the best of clubs - see Norwich v Reading on Saturday. As Greavesy used to say "its a funny old game"!

The problem is Bat, I think it's fair to say LJ failed months ago, but he obviously didn't fail enough for SL, even though it was certainly more than enough for many fans.

The scary thing is, how bad does it need to get before SL considers it a failure and gets rid?  Granted we've begun gradually accumulating a few points now, but I really can't see why SL let it go on this long.  I genuinely fear for us if we have LJ in charge again next season, regardless of the division we're in.

10 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

The issue is pretty much every problem we've had this season can be laid at his door and is blatantly obvious. Changing a winning team and dropping in-form players from the squad altogether. Isn't it strange that the season we went up, besides switching wing-backs we kept a settled side where possible.

His penchant for hanging players out to dry when things don't go right has got to stop, too. Tough love might work in certain circumstances but his indiscriminate slatings aren't doing us any favours.

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

The problem is Bat, I think it's fair to say LJ failed months ago, but he obviously didn't fail enough for SL, even though it was certainly more than enough for many fans.

The scary thing is, how bad does it need to get before SL considers it a failure and gets rid?  Granted we've begun gradually accumulating a few points now, but I really can't see why SL let it go on this long.  I genuinely fear for us if we have LJ in charge again next season, regardless of the division we're in.

I think that you are being a trifle negative! We lost a good few games by very close 0ne goal margins and some of the performances were not too bad. As you say, things have improved a bit, and that must by credited to LJ as much as the return of TA after injury.  If he keeps us up this season, the project is still on track, albeit with maybe ten points less than would have been comfortable.  I think we can reasonably put this down to the inexperience of the coach and some member of the squad - both of which will be enhanced next season! Keep the faith COYR!

Archived