IGNORED

Matt Taylor

Bristol Rob

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

He's busy and his movements good , but I've been surprised at his pace . For someone who looks like he plays on the shoulder he doesn't seem to have any. Bit harsh maybe but the one thing we really lack is some genuine pace. I said before , to see if he can step up he needs games. So if I were him , I'd start praying to the patron saint of Tombolas. In my eyes though, he won't score enough in the Championship.

He isn't particularly quick. Not slow by any means, just not rapid.

Taylor's speed is in (generally) being in the right place and his touch that buys him time

27 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Isn't it two goals and three assists so far??.....considering the 'step up and not a lot of game time doing 'OK' I'd say.

Statistically that is true.

One of these two goals though saw him kick the ball over the line at Leeds that was already going in from Djuric and his assist v Wolves was simply that he passed it to Paterson, who then created a goal from it virtually himself.

Despite missing a sitter at Derby that would have won us the game, he clearly did very well up there, scoring one and setting up two?

He has had pretty limited game time I totally agree, so I'll leave it there.

What is likely is that with no chance of Tammy still being with us next season and my hunch being that Wilbs will be off too, he (and Djuric) can expect to have far more opportunities.

19 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We're going round in circles here .

What is the definition of an ' assist' ? 

Keeper rolls ball out to Ivan Sproule who runs the full length of the pitch and scores , does the keeper get the assist ? 

If he had have given to another player , Sproule doesn't score so it's the Keeper's initiative that set up a sublime individual goal , isn't it ? 

Logically , taking nothing away from Pato's brilliance, Taylor passed to him and moved the defence away as they tracked him so it is an ' assist ' .

O'Neil shoots from 25 yards out , hits Pack on the arse and deflects to Tammy on the line who tucks it away ( an arsist ).

Or an Artiste' when performed with buttonhole.....

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Another assist today and a good one, perfectly timed pass to release patto. I thought he was very good today, except for the area I heard he was going to be good at, finishing. His control let him down twice in good positions, maybe he is over eager?

His work rate and link up play was excellent yesterday. With a few more 90 mins under his belt he'll be a lot sharper and used to the pace of the Championship and the goals will then come. Him and Duric will make a top pairing next season.

35 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Another assist today and a good one, perfectly timed pass to release patto. I thought he was very good today, except for the area I heard he was going to be good at, finishing. His control let him down twice in good positions, maybe he is over eager?

Two assists wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

His work rate and link up play was excellent yesterday. With a few more 90 mins under his belt he'll be a lot sharper and used to the pace of the Championship and the goals will then come. Him and Duric will make a top pairing next season.

Agreed. I'm excited to see those two up top together next season

42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He's at a new club and playing at a higher level so he's bound to want to impress and "over eager" is a good way to describe it.

He'll be a real asset when he finds his feet. A goal in the SBC would help him tremendously.

Better yesterday, but still not anticipating well and hanging back a bit. Could be a confidence thing, or instructions from Jnr. Again, poor first touch, cannot give a miss hit shot as an assist, but through ball to Patterson was class, split defence and gave two options to Patto, pass to Tammy or shoot, Tammy was screaming for it. However, the " through the legs" in front of goal moment was pure comedy, because we were two up, if Frankie had not made that great save, we might well be making more disparaging comments about Matty. Still only a squad player I think, will need two more strikers for next year if we stay up!

He's similar to Baldock: not as quick as you'd expect, not as good a finisher as you'd expect, but he works hard and makes things happen. 

Different characters though as Taylor has more swagger and likes winding up defenders. 

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Despite being a borderline crap footballer with a dodgy first touch, Matteee already has more assists for us than Freeman at this level*

Keep it up.

*I dont know how accurate this is but my point stands

Two goals and five assists now I believe?-a tidy start all things considered-borderline 'crap' very harsh.

Has something about him and worth his place in the squad.

Still need two more strikers in for next season IMO regardless of division..

7 hours ago, mozo said:

He's similar to Baldock: not as quick as you'd expect, not as good a finisher as you'd expect, but he works hard and makes things happen. 

Different characters though as Taylor has more swagger and likes winding up defenders. 

One thing I do like is if he gets the ball with his back to goal his first thought is to turn towards it and set off on a run and not look for the easy ball back to a midfielder. It doesn`t always come off but many a time it has.

On 4/9/2017 at 21:22, hertsexile said:

Thought he had a good game and was involved in patersons goal. Chased every lost course. Wolves defenders were rushed when he was on the park.when he went off wolves had more time on the ball. So felt he put in a good shift 

Exactly this. 

Felt Litts deserved his MOTM, but great contributions from Pack, Taylor and Fielding make them runners-up IMO. Paterson was great as well, but had clearly tired towards the end, Flinty, Bailey Wright and Joe also deserve shout outs too.

Archived